Sparring Questions

scole

Recently, I got my fighters to attending sparring sessions. After a couple (same type of) sparring sessions I see no difference in there fight styles or their skills. So here are my questions:

1. Is it the average of skills of the fighters (attending the same sparring session) that affect the effectiveness of the sparring session?

ie. attending boxing sparring with 2 wonderful fighters is better than attending a session with 2 wonderful and 1 useless.

2. How many sparring sessions are required before my fighter pops fight style?
  3. How many sparring sessions are required before my fighter pops skills?
  4. How many sparring sessions can a fighter attend before creating negative affects?
  5. Should my stamina be 95%+ before attending a sparring session to maximize the affect of the sparring session?
  6. Does it matter if the sparring session are with fighters from a different weight class?

Recently, I got my fighters to attending sparring sessions. After a couple (same type of) sparring sessions I see no difference in there fight styles or their skills. So here are my questions:

1. Is it the average of skills of the fighters (attending the same sparring session) that affect the effectiveness of the sparring session?

ie. attending boxing sparring with 2 wonderful fighters is better than attending a session with 2 wonderful and 1 useless.

The effectiveness of the session is the average of the sparring partners - 1on1 training with a Wonderful will be the same as 2on1 training with 2 Wonderfuls and better than 2on1 training with a Wonderful and a Useless

2. How many sparring sessions are required before my fighter pops fight style?

Depends on your fighter's age, learning ability, morale, energy, and sparring partners amongst other things. I assume you mean general skills here.

3. How many sparring sessions are required before my fighter pops skills?

Depends on your fighter's age, learning ability, morale, energy, and sparring partners amongst other things, but more for secondary skills than general skills

4. How many sparring sessions can a fighter attend before creating negative affects?

No one is quite sure yet, but the belief is 2 consecutive of the same technique, or 4 overall

5. Should my stamina be 95%+ before attending a sparring session to maximize the affect of the sparring session?

The higher your energy, the better the affect of training - I advise to never go below 80%, and I try to never go below 90%

6. Does it matter if the sparring session are with fighters from a different weight class?

Nope

Thanks for the help.

Let me be more specific with my question. Say my fighter is 18 years old, has a useless rating (in Boxing). He attends a boxing sparring session with 1 other fighter with a wonderful rating (in boxing). How long will it take to pop boxing, punching, and striking defense (or any other skills).

Another quick question, what do you mean by general skill and secondary skills.

While I have your attention, how much does attributes and skills affect my fighter’s ability. To be more specific I am wondering how does agility (or any other attributes), boxing, muay thai and striking defense affect my fighters ability to dodge kicks. Also what attributes and skills will help my fighter defend or avoid takedowns?

Thanks for the help.

Let me be more specific with my question. Say my fighter is 18 years old, has a useless rating (in Boxing). He attends a boxing sparring session with 1 other fighter with a wonderful rating (in boxing). How long will it take to pop boxing, punching, and striking defense (or any other skills).

Another quick question, what do you mean by general skill and secondary skills.

While I have your attention, how much does attributes and skills affect my fighter’s ability. To be more specific I am wondering how does agility (or any other attributes), boxing, muay thai and striking defense affect my fighters ability to dodge kicks. Also what attributes and skills will help my fighter defend or avoid takedowns?

the speed at which a fighter pops in any stat is affected by more than just who he's training with. his hidden learning speed skill, the condition of the gym, how much energy he has, the quality of his coaches, the quality of his sparring partners, and the size of the training classes (with coaches). there's really no set formula.

however, if you have useless boxing and spar one-on-one with a wonderful boxer (and do so in a pristine gym with your energy above 90%, and don't have shitty learning speed), you should be able to pop to abysmal in 2-4 sessions.

as far as defending takedowns, you want to have good balance, agility, strength (especially if you're in the clinch), wrestling, and takedown defense. takedown defense and wrestling are probably about equally as important for defending takedowns, followed by balance, strength, and agility (in that order). another note is that sliders have an effect as well. if you're set more to counter, then you won't be as prone to getting taken down, since you're already fighting more defensively.

*edit* oh, and "general skills" are boxing, muay thai, wrestling, and BJJ. secondary skills are punches, kicks, clinchwork, etc. physical skills are strength, speed, agility, etc.

These details are proprietary and not well understood. In the past, Mike Tycoon has indicated that overall skills and specific skills (ie boxing and punching) carry approximately equal weight in a fight. However, to my knowledge we don't have any details on how the physical skills are involved or the specific interactions of skills during a fight.

Basically, we don't know how agility, boxing, muay thai and striking defense affect your fighter's ability to dodge kicks.