As a community-

popart

We have to officially move to a creation date Org system.

the game’s playerbase isn’t as large as it once was, and the reliance on ID irgs certainly isn’t helping. The last ID turn was nearly a full YEAR ago. Think of all the new players that would have stayed around had fighter creation not felt wasteful and unworthwhile.

my proposition is an official “four seasons” of Tycoon: 

January, April, July, October.

New orgs could ID themselves with a month and a year instead of an ID- for example, “Fight Org MMA (Jul. 22)

we are very close to a new ID, but I strongly recommend the community adapt something close to this for 2023. If not, then i’ll see your guys’ next batch of fighters in 2025.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, popart said:

We have to officially move to a creation date Org system.

the game’s playerbase isn’t as large as it once was, and the reliance on ID irgs certainly isn’t helping. The last ID turn was nearly a full YEAR ago. Think of all the new players that would have stayed around had fighter creation not felt wasteful and unworthwhile.

my proposition is an official “four seasons” of Tycoon: 

January, April, July, October.

New orgs could ID themselves with a month and a year instead of an ID- for example, “Fight Org MMA (Jul. 22)

we are very close to a new ID, but I strongly recommend the community adapt something close to this for 2023. If not, then i’ll see your guys’ next batch of fighters in 2025.

Here's the only issue with the above suggestion.  It's based upon the idea that if we didn't wait around for a major "ID", of typically xx5k or xx0k, or even if we didn't wait around for in betweens, like xx2k or so, that new users wouldn't have to choose to either wait for a newly created ID org to come up or join one that's been going for a while where they'd be at a training and development disadvantage.  

But the issue with that theory is that you're dependent upon MORE ID restricted orgs being created more frequently.  But that idea suffers from the same issue that you pointed out...a lack of players in the game as it is, and there won't be enough people willing to run that many orgs. Hell, it's almost impossible to get more than one going anymore for some of the major ID's.  And then when there is 2 or 3, most new org owners bail within 2-6 months of creating it and there goes the fighters swinging in the wind.  

So, I think the idea would be dead in the water for the same reasons that the ID's don't roll around fast enough.  Not enough users, both for new creations and for running the orgs.  And let's face it, new users are already confused half the time about what orgs their guys would fit into, trying to do it based upon birthdate is even less intuitive.  

Just my 2cents, not that it matters, I have no intention of started an ID restricted again any time soon.

• Upvote 1