Noob Questions

MMATycoon

thanks duphus.

another question

I just won a private jet and I'm wondering.. is there something I should upgrade in the first place? I mean, something that is really useful and really worth to pay the money.

i'm little confused when in the description of my plane I see: "Cooking Facilities. Movies. Games. Internet Access." and then when I click "Upgrade Jet" I can mark all those features and.. pay for them. so.. where is the logic here, my jet already has those cool things or I have to upgrade it to have them?

thanks duphus.

another question

I just won a private jet and I'm wondering.. is there something I should upgrade in the first place? I mean, something that is really useful and really worth to pay the money.

i'm little confused when in the description of my plane I see: "Cooking Facilities. Movies. Games. Internet Access." and then when I click "Upgrade Jet" I can mark all those features and.. pay for them. so.. where is the logic here, my jet already has those cool things or I have to upgrade it to have them?

You dont need to upgrade anything. Your jet already has all those things, so no need to do that.

• Upvote 1

Some feel IQ plays a bigger role on the ground, I haven't found that to be true or least enough to notice a difference in say mid 80 IQ's verses high ones like over 135 IQ.

i am not 100% sure, but a higher IQ guy should know when to do a submission after you ordered him to transition to get in a position to do it, but it might be just nonsense aswell, since i dont know what Mike have programmed, just as i think a self confident/determiend guy "go in for the kill" on the ground...very puzzling game :/

• Upvote 1

I checked the greatest fighters right now in the game , almost all of them are hitters , stand up fighters. Is submission game here bad? Why is there no Black Belt BJJ belt owner anywhere? I love finishing people up with submission if I can but everyone I spoke to says that a submission guy will have hard time in the future even if he wins his first fights. The best p4p in the game suggests the same with all brown belts have their tactics punching and kicking .

Should I just not even try to start a BJJ master and work on kicking/punching guys like all others? Is it that bad?

Should I just not even try to start a BJJ master and work on kicking/punching guys like all others? Is it that bad?

The reason why is that the game at the moment is heavy in favor of the stand up fighters .I have a red belt and look how many subs wins i have with him http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=228880 . All you need to survive on the ground is elite defensive grappling and you get a ref stand up.To get a submission you need better transitions ,submissions superior wrestling , better bjj primary ,elite takedowns and you still not guarantee a take-down or a sub win Your more then lilkey going to be ko or to gassed to do anything even if you get it to the ground

The only way a ground fighters work now if you have a ground game as a secondary option .Be a stand up fighter but have offense to follow the guy to the ground when you get the knockdown .It easier to finish a guy on the ground if his rocked .Also this way you enough to defend yourself if you get take-down by a better gorund guy you get the stand-up sooner or later

I think the problem is that you as a manager, you can only control the ground gameplan to a limited degree, for example you cant order him WHEN to do a takedown and "swing for the fences" on the ground, if you know what i mean.

You have the option a sa standup fighter to swing for the fence, but on the ground, for example, you cant order your guy to go on the ground the last minute of the fight.

What i mean is, take as an example a fight where yo uare countering everithyng until the 3rd or 5th round, the opposing fighter is gassed a bit, you order your fighter to start NOW to go all in for the takedown and submission, should be easy if the other guy is gassed and you are not....but here is the problem, you can only order your fighter HOIW MANY takedowns attempt you can do in a fight (as far i know you can set it to 10% and he would still do all the takedown percentage in the first round, if you are unlucky...) and not even do an attempt the last minute when it count the most....the proble with BJJ is that it is a tactic of chances and very carefully planned, in this game everything is random and it is not an option when doing BJJ , on the contrary, the random chances i na satndup fight is a totally different and more maneageable thing, since you ionly need to hit the other guy and parry the incoming blows, randomly win who land the most fatal shot.

For example Fabricio Werdum is a little(big) bastard that use his superior BJJ skill when you are totally gassed or dazed, like he did to Cain Velasquez, in this game you cant do a things like he do, since you cant order WHEN to attempt a takedown :(

So, in the end of my rant, i can safely say that ppl avoid ground game because it is too random, even if you set the right sliders and you are superior in ground game, it doenst guarantee a win, in a standup fight thigns are more linear and obviously win who have better hiddens (KO and chin) better standup and more aggressive and varied gameplan (clinches, punches and kicks).

I am pretty sure there must be an hidden that count on the groudn tho, that is either IQ or self confidence.

i am not 100% sure, but a higher IQ guy should know when to do a submission after you ordered him to transition to get in a position to do it, but it might be just nonsense aswell, since i dont know what Mike have programmed, just as i think a self confident/determiend guy "go in for the kill" on the ground...very puzzling game :/

I'm pretty sure mike has said intell goes effect the ground game, but I have yet to really see much difference personally. But you can't really get back to back comparisons between High IQ fighters and low ones to actually say. That being said I've had 2 guys with around 140 IQ, black belt and elite subs and don't land subs any better then my low IQ guys with lesser skills, if fact they land them much less. But that isn't really fair cause every fight is different as well as opponent skills and sliders.

It's just my opinion that IQ doesn't make enough difference on the ground to make a noticeable difference for how I fight on the ground, maybe other peoples styles it shows up but for me I see no real difference.

I don't know where to ask this so I am gonna shoot ahead and ask here.

I have a fighter in New York and I am looking for a gym that has coaches in it , all the available ones have no coach and there is only a single one with 10 coaches but it has over 100 fighters training there , so I am willing to pay a higher number price for training, if you have a gym I would like to join in.

I think what's happening for me is that I have a guy who is a REALLY fast learner and a guy who is a REALLY slow learner. Guy A has trained 11 times same skill, same circumstances and gone from 1 to 3--. Guy B has trained 2 (yes, TWO) times and gone from 1 to 2-. That seems like a HUGE difference to me. I may sack Guy A.

Do stats like strength, speed, agility, et al affect how good the training you PROVIDE to a sparring partner is? So if I put 'spar bots' in my gym, would it matter what their stats were other than Boxing (or whatever I wanted to spar people with)?

Furthermore, does their morale matter (should I clothe them)?

Do stats like strength, speed, agility, et al affect how good the training you PROVIDE to a sparring partner is? So if I put 'spar bots' in my gym, would it matter what their stats were other than Boxing (or whatever I wanted to spar people with)?

Furthermore, does their morale matter (should I clothe them)?

it goes of sparring stars, but primes, secs and physicals (moral and energy also) will effect this star rating. however 4.5 stars is 4.5 stars regardless of how they get there

Hi,

I would like to start a gym but don't know where I should do it, I would like to start it in a place and have as many fighters in it as possible and only reason would be money. I would like to make money with that gym. Possibly in a place like Las Vegas or so , won't be private it will be public and I want as many fighters as possible to join in and pay weekly.

Where should I start such a gym? Would it make money?

I have VIP and around 60k in the bank , what can I do with these to make more money out of them?