Cheap and cheerful

Chris1996

My understanding is that the training mechanics haven’t changed to much over the past couple of years however I still have questions on methods.

Is varied training actually faster or should you just cap 1 skill at a time?  As In mixing physicals secondary and sparring is faster in the long term? 

is sparring with better fighters even faster than elite coaching? Or is 100 percent training secondaries with a private coach the fastest way to pop?

I’m getting bogged down by slow pops on my fighters and it honestly has me wondering if I must be going wrong. Any help is much appreciated, thanks

12 minutes ago, Skuzbukit said:

From what I have read you want to mix training unless you are maybe in a tournament & have a specific fighting style in mind perhaps or are training to handle a specific opponent.

Thanks for that input but I’m trying to establish the facts, like if mixed training is better why? Or vice Versa and doesn’t everyone have a specific fighting style in mind over just randomly doing everything? 

also this one is just a personal opinion but training is so slow in this game that fightcamps are effectively null and void because you’d be as well to continue a normal training regime and build upon your useful skills. For example if you accept a fight again a wrestler and you have bad Td then your hitting the mat and probably have better odds building upon a striking advantage and taking the chance of ko ing them?

My "projects" 18 yo creations I am mixing up their training, it seems to keep the pops at a steadier pace, the ones who I have trained in just one thing for  a week do seem to lose overall skill gain by doing a Week of one thing then a week of another vs daily changes, this is visible on the tracker graph in game (VIP required). YMMV but I think there is some credence to the idea fighters get bored of training one thing only for too long.

Slow pace of the game is probably the most common sore-point but it is unlikely to change any time soon.

I started with some 26 yo creations just to have some "active" fighters & learn the game, then bought a bunch of fighter slots to have some project fighters to work on, but rather than dropping all the older fighters I have kept some just to have some activity while training the prospects, once they mature I will drop the old guys & make a new wave of prospects. Basically I combat the game's slow pace with a large roster to give me stuff to do.

And really I wouldn't start competitively fighting your 18 year olds until they've had a solid 3-6 months of training & their skills are rounded out, without a strong defensive game you'll damage their long term viability by taking too many early-career KO's & weakening their chin before they are properly trained to absorb that damage better (i.e. high level Striking Defense/Agility). If you do any fighting beyond a test-match to check hiddens make it grappling matches as they will reset timers but not incur your fighter any injuries, KO's, or other losses that could hamper their long-term career.

31 minutes ago, Skuzbukit said:

My "projects" 18 yo creations I am mixing up their training, it seems to keep the pops at a steadier pace, the ones who I have trained in just one thing for  a week do seem to lose overall skill gain by doing a Week of one thing then a week of another vs daily changes, this is visible on the tracker graph in game (VIP required). YMMV but I think there is some credence to the idea fighters get bored of training one thing only for too long.

Slow pace of the game is probably the most common sore-point but it is unlikely to change any time soon.

I started with some 26 yo creations just to have some "active" fighters & learn the game, then bought a bunch of fighter slots to have some project fighters to work on, but rather than dropping all the older fighters I have kept some just to have some activity while training the prospects, once they mature I will drop the old guys & make a new wave of prospects. Basically I combat the game's slow pace with a large roster to give me stuff to do.

And really I wouldn't start competitively fighting your 18 year olds until they've had a solid 3-6 months of training & their skills are rounded out, without a strong defensive game you'll damage their long term viability by taking too many early-career KO's & weakening their chin before they are properly trained to absorb that damage better (i.e. high level Striking Defense/Agility). If you do any fighting beyond a test-match to check hiddens make it grappling matches as they will reset timers but not incur your fighter any injuries, KO's, or other losses that could hamper their long-term career.

What do you mean they will reset timer I’m unfamiliar with the whole twgc scene? And have you ever tried getting all your cardio from general circuits rather than just cardio training? The common build seems to start with 10 cardio and 1 strength then train cardio but then if this is truly what the best are doing I don’t understand the private gym culture at all smh 🙈

1 hour ago, Chris1996 said:

What do you mean they will reset timer I’m unfamiliar with the whole twgc scene? And have you ever tried getting all your cardio from general circuits rather than just cardio training? The common build seems to start with 10 cardio and 1 strength then train cardio but then if this is truly what the best are doing I don’t understand the private gym culture at all smh 🙈

Managers have different training strategies, I have read conflicting arguments for various ways of doing stuff but the consensus appears to be doing cardio right off the bat until your fighter has 13 in conditioning as this allows a fighter to have a full 12 training sessions of secondaries without any need to take a rest day, the approach you suggest of gaining cardio via Circuit training is basically almost never mentioned in the material I have read on the forums so I am guessing it is considered too slow.

You want your 18 year olds to be almost exclusively focused on secondaries for the first 3-6 months because that is their "peak" for learning speed - every year your fighter ages they lose some learning speed so it is important to maximise time spent training secondaries to get the most out of that early phase, the higher your secondaries get the harder they get to raise so you want to speed through the early sections asap to get to work on getting the bulk of that slog done or your fighter risks not hitting their skill point cap prior to them hitting the age at which their cap begins to decrease (randomised between age 28 - 31).

Learning speed = how fast they train in secondary skills & to some degree primaries - physicals are a set rate of gain so most managers train those after secondaries & as they move towards more sparring.

Tickers / Timers

As I understand it skills can decline, or depop, tickers are per skill, if you neglect to train a skill for too long it will accrue points towards a depop for each day it is not trained, this is a higher value the stronger the skill is - so higher skills require more regular training to maintain.

Timers I have read is something that decreases effectiveness of training if you go too long without a fight, sparring will help slow down this process  but it will not fully reset the timer, grappling is preferable to MMA or KT for resetting this timer in a young fighter as it will incur no KO (every ko reduces your fighter's chin) or injuries.

Inuries have an accumulating hidden value over time.

18 year olds shouldn't fight at all, but if they do, go grappling, but by 20-21 you should have developed your fighter to the point they can fight in KT/MMA every 5-6 weeks & by 25 be fighting every 3-4 weeks. I wouldn't even really recommend sparring much at all until 20/21 and focus on secondaries until then.

• Chris1996 changed the title to Cheap and cheerful
3 hours ago, Chris1996 said:

Thanks mate your an absolute legend I’ll probably on you soon but you deserve a public thank you 🙏 🏆

Nah, the info I gave is on the forum just spread around, the credit goes to all the old vets & players who posted their discoveries & theory-crafting for everyon else to benefit.

You can learn a whole lot by just using the search function on the forums or by googling various questions preceeded by "MMATYCOON" and reading the posts your queries find, which is mostly what I did.

And do read the MMATYCOON wiki links from in-game, there's a ton of info to be found on those.

Page by page help guide

Within the mmatycoon.com site, you will see a Questionmark.jpg symbol in the corner of all pages. Clicking this will take you to the appropriate help page within the mmatycoon.info site. Please view the page by page guide to find out more.