Ground tactic - Finish vs. Control

BLOODSPORT

just want to take the tips from the veterans of this game regarding setting the fighter between "finish vs. control" in the ground (either top or bottom). when i set the slider more on the "finish" side, does it also mean that while my fighter will be aggressive, it will also make my fighter more easier/vulnerable to be submitted or ko'd (ground and pound)? 

18 hours ago, BLOODSPORT said:

just want to take the tips from the veterans of this game regarding setting the fighter between "finish vs. control" in the ground (either top or bottom). when i set the slider more on the "finish" side, does it also mean that while my fighter will be aggressive, it will also make my fighter more easier/vulnerable to be submitted or ko'd (ground and pound)? 

Slider leaning to the Finish side will result in more focus on offensive actions such as ground & pound & submission attempts being taken.

Slider leaning to the Control side will result in focus on actions to prevent the opponent advancing to a more advantageous position and attempting to prevent the opponents offensive actions. If you are looking to escape from the ground you want a high level of control to more easily allow you to move to a stronger position from which to escape.

The slider for Aggression vs counter is what will determine how much effort is put towards "being first" actions while the counter is trying to turn that aggression against the opponent by going second and making the instigator then pay for their attempt, much like a counter puncher in boxing hopes to draw out a strike and anticipate where it will aim in order to use the opening that provides to land their own punch. So a Counter grappler is looking to exploit their opponents sub or ground strike aggression to launch their own attacks, generally counters are harder to defend but you open yourself up to more attacks & losing to inactivity by attampting to wait to counter too much.

• Upvote 2

Also for a deeper explanation of aggression v counter see the below from manager Chris Karter:

Aggro vs Counter operates in terms of a moves per minute. 100 counter = 0 moves per minute. 100 aggro is like 18-20 moves per minute. 50% is the 6-8 area. 90 counter is like 1-2. 70 counter is like 3-4 moves per minute. 80 aggro is like 12 moves per minute.

I think physicals like speed, agility, and energy level impacts who "rolls first". after the X amount into the fight, shit like confidence comes into play that will impact it. Emo fighters will get less aggro and typically make less aggro moves.

Confident fighters will get a little more aggro. over aggression opens you up to being countered. countering gives def boost. but at the risk of way less output.