Manager rank weighting

Suggestion: Manager rank weighting

Suggestions Description: I believe this is still relevant so reposting: I'm recently back from a 2-year break. My rank went from nothing to currently #65 from mostly doing QFC and some id org fights with my new guys. It honestly feels silly that I should even be in the top 100 just from this. Got me thinking, what if change in manager rank was weighted by the rank of the org you are fighting in? You still always get some hype from a win, but make it maybe 10 times smaller on the bottom end.

Should mean you practically have to be successful in bigger orgs to get into the top 10 and the rise to there will be slower. But it also means top ranked managers don't need to be as nervous about doing QFC testing or playing around in tournaments for fun.

Pros:

• We will have fights at different levels were the big org fights become more important to managers.

Cons:

• Will take longer to reach the top in manager rank for new players.

I like the concept but here's how I would ideally like to see the gamne devlop on this front, it involves a comprehensive shift from the current system though as it entails some big changes to how Hype currently operates.

Introducing: "Circuit Hype".

Note: The hype values I have suggested for orgs are not fixed in stone.

For Organizations.

Local Circuit: 0-199 hype - Small local MMA promotions that have small prize pools and are mostly made up of newcomers, and some former regional circuit fighters who struggled at the regional level, previously prime circuit fighters will usually be retired before going back to the local circuit but some might to eek out a few more years of competition.

These Orgs are where fighters typically first appear for their professional debuts, they gain & lose Local Circuit Hype from their events and if the organisation moves up to a "Regional Circuit" level of hype their Local Circuit Hype points are frozen to act as a base, if their events are poorly managed or go inactive their Regional Circuit Hype  will begin to decay and once they go below 300 they will revert back to Local Circuit status - these changes "Promote" & "Demote" the org but also all of the fighters they have signed up to them too.

Pretty much all new players will start out in one of these.

Regional Circuit: 200-499 hype - Bigger MMA Promotions with larger prize pools that may attract a good amount of international fighters both up & comers from small orgs & Prime Circuit fighters at the tail end of their careers looking to make a bit more money before retiring who can no longer fight at the very highest level.

These Orgs are the in between stage between the local circuits & the big leagues, they will be occupied by seasoned fighters who are rouding out their skills. These Orgs gain Regional Circuit Hype from their events and all of their fighters gain this type of circuit hype so long as the org remains as a regional circuit level of hype, if they go up to Prime Circuit Hype Levels so do all of their fighters and if they go down to Local Circuit Hype Levels so do all of their fighters.

Prime Circuit: 500-1000 hype - The juggernauts of the Combat Sports Industry, the biggest prizes, the most Prestigous Titles, the most Elite of Fighters competing to see who is the best fighter in the world at the peak of their skills & destructive prowess. These Orgs will be occupied by Elite Fighters at their peak prowess. The Org's fighters will earn Prime Circuit Hype so long as the Org maintains its Prime Circuit Status, of it allows its hype to decay to Regional Circuit Staus the fighters in the Org will no longer be earning Prime Circuit Hype and will have their Prime Circuit Hype start to decay.

I would suggest that Prime Circuit Orgs gain a boost to PPV earnings above those of Regional Circuit Orgs as an additional motivating factor to staying high hype.

For Fighters:

Fighters would gain & lose hype points specific to each circuit.

While competing on the Local Circuit fighters may earn & lose points of Local circuit hype but upon gaining a "promotion" to an Org that is ranked at Regional Circuit level, their points gained at the Local circuit level would be frozen and not decay while they compete at the higher circuit level, effectively forming a "base" for that fighter and the org employing them.

Similarly shoud a fighter be "promoted" from a Regional Circuit Org to a Prime Cricuit Org then any prior Local Circuit Hype would continue to be frozen, and then their Regional Circuit Hype would be frozen as well while they can now gain & lose Prime Circuit Hype.

On the other hand as a fighter moves from a higher circuit to a lower one thier higher circuit points decay constantly until they rejoin a higher circuit Org.

For Managers:

These hype changes would affect Managers in a similar way, the more fighters you have earning hype in each circuit the better your ranking at that circuit level, once you have fighters on the regional circuit you start to gain regional circuit hype, only once you are managing prime circuit fighters would you be gaining prime circuit hype as a manager.

This will have the knock on effect of making your rise to the upper echelons managerially somewhat slower but if your roster degrades you too will see your prime circuit status decay, this would slightly reduce the rate at which managers lose ranking through inactivity for short terms but also prevent managers reurning to the upper echelons far too easily.

It could also allow for "best org/manager/fighter" ranking categories on each circuit, though for example orgs/managers who already have higher-circuit fighters would be excluded from lower level rankings.

Summary.

I think these changes would make gaining hype & working upwards more rewarding for orgs and a bit more punishing for those who make a habit of dumping thier fighters too soon, it would also stratify the managers, it would increase the staus of higher ranked orgs, fighters & managers reflecting better on managers & orgs & fighters who are more consistent and active.

I was keeping my suggestion as small as I could here, but if we are free to make wishes I agree some way to have orgs at different tiers would be the ideal way to do it. Never thought of having different hype tiers as well but interesting idea. If there is no connection at all between the hype levels couldn't you end up with some long-cooked guy that has very little hype at the lower levels but after a long career is high on prime hype. If he then goes back to lower levels after retiring from the "UFC" level org it would be weird if the game handles him as a nobody with no lower level hype. Or would there be a hard requirement on a certain hype level at the previous level before a higher tier org can sign him?

If there is also a redesign of org structure and fighter hype on the table I think manager hype redesign has to wait and depend on what is done with the fighters.

27 minutes ago, jjsquirrel said:

If there is no connection at all between the hype levels couldn't you end up with some long-cooked guy that has very little hype at the lower levels but after a long career is high on prime hype. If he then goes back to lower levels after retiring from the "UFC" level org it would be weird if the game handles him as a nobody with no lower level hype. Or would there be a hard requirement on a certain hype level at the previous level before a higher tier org can sign him?

Hype is still connected across tiers as the overall hype value from all gained circuit hype is what your fighter takes into a match.

What would previously be a "long-cooked guy" AKA "Project Fighter"  would be encouraged by the suggested system to have some fights & build up his lower & regional circuit hype to increase his starting / base hype value to the Prime Circuit, not only would this benefit the fighter long term but the fighter's manager.

A fighter previously in a Prime Circuit would have Hype from the prime circuit that is still going to benefit the lower level org, it will decay while he is earning the lower tier , let's say regional hype if he previously didn't have any regional hype and he would likely gain regional hype faster than he was having his prime circuit hype decay.

2 hours ago, Skuzbukit said:

I like the concept but here's how I would ideally like to see the gamne devlop on this front, it involves a comprehensive shift from the current system though as it entails some big changes to how Hype currently operates.

Introducing: "Circuit Hype".

Note: The hype values I have suggested for orgs are not fixed in stone.

For Organizations.

Local Circuit: 0-299 hype - Small local MMA promotions that have small prize pools and are mostly made up of newcomers, and some former regional circuit fighters who struggled at the regional level, previously prime circuit fighters will usually be retired before going back to the local circuit but some might to eek out a few more years of competition.

These Orgs are where fighters typically first appear for their professional debuts, they gain & lose Local Circuit Hype from their events and if the organisation moves up to a "Regional Circuit" level of hype their Local Circuit Hype points are frozen to act as a base, if their events are poorly managed or go inactive their Regional Circuit Hype  will begin to decay and once they go below 300 they will revert back to Local Circuit status - these changes "Promote" & "Demote" the org but also all of the fighters they have signed up to them too.

Pretty much all new players will start out in one of these.

Regional Circuit: 300-599 hype - Bigger MMA Promotions with larger prize pools that may attract a good amount of international fighters both up & comers from small orgs & Prime Circuit fighters at the tail end of their careers looking to make a bit more money before retiring who can no longer fight at the very highest level.

These Orgs are the in between stage between the local circuits & the big leagues, they will be occupied by seasoned fighters who are rouding out their skills. These Orgs gain Regional Circuit Hype from their events and all of their fighters gain this type of circuit hype so long as the org remains as a regional circuit level of hype, if they go up to Prime Circuit Hype Levels so do all of their fighters and if they go down to Local Circuit Hype Levels so do all of their fighters.

Prime Circuit: 600-1000 hype - The juggernauts of the Combat Sports Industry, the biggest prizes, the most Prestigous Titles, the most Elite of Fighters competing to see who is the best fighter in the world at the peak of their skills & destructive prowess. These Orgs will be occupied by Elite Fighters at their peak prowess. The Org's fighters will earn Prime Circuit Hype so long as the Org maintains its Prime Circuit Status, of it allows its hype to decay to Regional Circuit Staus the fighters in the Org will no longer be earning Prime Circuit Hype and will have their Prime Circuit Hype start to decay.

I would suggest that Prime Circuit Orgs gain a boost to PPV earnings above those of Regional Circuit Orgs as an additional motivating factor to staying high hype.

For Fighters:

Fighters would gain & lose hype points specific to each circuit.

While competing on the Local Circuit fighters may earn & lose points of Local circuit hype but upon gaining a "promotion" to an Org that is ranked at Regional Circuit level, their points gained at the Local circuit level would be frozen and not decay while they compete at the higher circuit level, effectively forming a "base" for that fighter and the org employing them.

Similarly shoud a fighter be "promoted" from a Regional Circuit Org to a Prime Cricuit Org then any prior Local Circuit Hype would continue to be frozen, and then their Regional Circuit Hype would be frozen as well while they can now gain & lose Prime Circuit Hype.

On the other hand as a fighter moves from a higher circuit to a lower one thier higher circuit points decay constantly until they rejoin a higher circuit Org.

For Managers:

These hype changes would affect Managers in a similar way, the more fighters you have earning hype in each circuit the better your ranking at that circuit level, once you have fighters on the regional circuit you start to gain regional circuit hype, only once you are managing prime circuit fighters would you be gaining prime circuit hype as a manager.

This will have the knock on effect of making your rise to the upper echelons managerially somewhat slower but if your roster degrades you too will see your prime circuit status decay, this would slightly reduce the rate at which managers lose ranking through inactivity for short terms but also prevent managers reurning to the upper echelons far too easily.

It could also allow for "best org/manager/fighter" ranking categories on each circuit, though for example orgs/managers who already have higher-circuit fighters would be excluded from lower level rankings.

Summary.

I think these changes would make gaining hype & working upwards more rewarding for orgs and a bit more punishing for those who make a habit of dumping thier fighters too soon, it would also stratify the managers, it would increase the staus of higher ranked orgs, fighters & managers reflecting better on managers & orgs & fighters who are more consistent and active.

A very comprehensive suggestion - I can't reveal too much about what we have planned but I like this ;)

We'll reveal a bit more in our road map thread & thank you for taking the time to write that up, really appreciate it! :)