MMATycoon Superstitions….

Yea I’m a weirdo but hear me out

1. At creation when I’m choosing my fighters 3 attributes, I feel like the one you tick first is the one that is your strongest ability with the others being slightly weaker.

2. Also once I submit my fighter and the choose avatar screen pops up, the fact that it takes you to a random avatar page every time fucks with me. It makes me wonder if that somehow plays a part. Like if I choose a different Avatar from another page it might mess up his attributes or something.

3. Letting my fighter rest to 💯 and taking an extra session off to “rest” because I think it’ll help him perform better vs getting to 💯 at the last session before a fight.

Do you have any weird superstitions or rituals you go through with your fighter?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Manic said:

For some reason, I imagine the fighter's entrance music will affect how he fights.

I think there is some "flavour text" connected to having an entrance song for your fighter, having seen Positive, Indifferent & Negative reactions, I doubt it affects how your fighter fights.

It might possibly have a bearing on how the population gain for winning is calculated, but the fighter's popularity hidden is probably doing all the influence on these things.

1 hour ago, jjsquirrel said:

I'm convinced the pre-fight text about having the "eye of the tiger tonight" means something, but I have yet to figure out what.

Possibly means one fighter has higher aggression sliders, or is more determined than the other.

13 hours ago, J0J0 said:

Yea I’m a weirdo but hear me out

1. At creation when I’m choosing my fighters 3 attributes, I feel like the one you tick first is the one that is your strongest ability with the others being slightly weaker.

2. Also once I submit my fighter and the choose avatar screen pops up, the fact that it takes you to a random avatar page every time fucks with me. It makes me wonder if that somehow plays a part. Like if I choose a different Avatar from another page it might mess up his attributes or something.

I'm superstitious about both of these and am happy to know I'm not alone. I don't believe either one are true, but I buy into the "destiny" part of it! lol

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jjsquirrel said:

I'm convinced the pre-fight text about having the "eye of the tiger tonight" means something, but I have yet to figure out what.

I'm with you on this - particularly since other pre-fight text DOES correlate strictly with stuff.

The both really solid chins one always means both guys are solid/good chin or better and the 'power to get to his chin' one is a definitive statement of one guy's KO power relative to the other guy's chin (so they could both be terrible or great, but his KO power is better than his chin by at least 1 point). Subsequently, with the power of revealing retired fighter hiddens and a long fight history, you can sometimes pinpoint exactly how low a guy's chin value could be based off the exact KO power number of said retired fighter. CK did exactly this with Kjetil Olsen (and shared the info with me to be fair), who everyone knows is a glass jaw but maybe didn't know how much. It's why after ages of joking about it, he finally did actually go accuracy in a HW fight against him.

I wanna know also how the Just Bleed Guy keeps getting let into arenas when he keeps attacking fighters!

Maybe like Bob suggested it could correlate with good confidence/determination. We'd have to get some sample data.

EDIT: Other beliefs or superstitions of mine based on nothing but feels:

1) I like to train at least one session of each 'key' skill in the week leading up to the fight.

2) Knockout Power TOTT on the right hand side (not to be confused with KO power on the left) doesn't actually mean anything for KO hiddens and is related to experience more so.

3) Heart and Chin are kind of interchangeable a bit like intelligence and 'experience' in that there is a lot of crossover between the two (though obviously you can't improve heart and chin like you can with experience). Having great values in both is ideal, having great in one and poor in the other is so-so.

4) Accumulated injury days affect your fighter's chin long term (why else would they track it?!)

2 hours ago, Daudy said:

1) I like to train at least one session of each 'key' skill in the week leading up to the fight.

This is something I read about before, where in the 5 days prior to the bout you can get up to a total of 20 temporary "bonus" skill points of up to +5 of each skill trained (like 125 to 130), so i tend to look at how & with what methods the opponent usually wins or loses with & look at countering/boosting that harder on the 5 days leading up to the fight with the most relevant skills trained closest to fight day.