Henderson signs for Strikeforce

I think Henderson was pissed off with them apparently lining up Belfort for a title shot at Silva ahead of him even though Belfort has never even fought at 185.

In all honesty Dana White has succeeded in driving out 2 MMA greats, and although we may still see Rampage in the UFC i think ultimately he will fight elsewhere - both felt they weren't offered the opportunities they deserved.

You have to question the UFC management there as both have a lot to offer any MMA organisation.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Henderson was pissed off with them apparently lining up Belfort for a title shot at Silva ahead of him even though Belfort has never even fought at 185.

In all honesty Dana White has succeeded in driving out 2 MMA greats, and although we may still see Rampage in the UFC i think ultimately he will fight elsewhere - both felt they weren't offered the opportunities they deserved.

You have to question the UFC management there as both have a lot to offer any MMA organisation.

i'm not the biggest dana white fan in the world (when he smiles i want to break things) but i can, from a business standpoint, understand why he would not be so desperate to keep henderson. The man is a true legend but he is also 38 and is declining (although is still better than most).

Of course that argument would have far more validity were they not bringing back the likes of Baroni, Liddell and Ortiz

No way should Belfort be jumping ahead of other guys that are there. I was under the belief that the winner of Hendo/Bisping or Maia/Marquardt was pretty much getting a title shot, there was talk of Okami but then he loses to Sonnen.

So now Henderson goes, Bisping is nowhere, Marquardt gets Sonnen and Belfort just eases past them all.

No way should Belfort be jumping ahead of other guys that are there. I was under the belief that the winner of Hendo/Bisping or Maia/Marquardt was pretty much getting a title shot, there was talk of Okami but then he loses to Sonnen.

So now Henderson goes, Bisping is nowhere, Marquardt gets Sonnen and Belfort just eases past them all.

Just to say that Sonnen has been very good and deserves his shot at a big name like Marquadt

I don't really care...I don't find Henderson to be a compelling fighter. Whatever. It's never good to have quality fighters in different promotions, but such is life.

Just to say that Sonnen has been very good and deserves his shot at a big name like Marquadt

Nate will beat that ass...beat it like it owes him money...beat it like he's getting both pay cheques.

...In all honesty Dana White has succeeded in driving out 2 MMA greats, and although we may still see Rampage in the UFC i think ultimately he will fight elsewhere - both felt they weren't offered the opportunities they deserved...

There will be even more for sure.

Yeah i also read that he did sign with strikeforce but if he did big blow to the UFC middlewieght division and good for henderson he can hold 2 belts in strikeforce 185 and 205 very easily.

Rampage was always going to come back to the UFC. It looked like he was ducking Rashad - no fighter would do that, unless of course they knew they were in for beating.

I think there is a difference between Rampage and Henderson. The forementioned is an entertainer, someone who makes headlines before, during and after fights and gets amazing hype out of the people (MMA hardcorers and casual fans alike) while Henderson is a fighter, does all his work in the ring. It would not surprise me if White and Rampage are in on this together to further increase the hype of Rampage/Evans and later fights. While Henderson doesn't seem interested in that "entertainment" side at all

Dude, Henderson and Marquardt both already lost to Silva. Neither of which was a particularly challenging match. Bisping, Okami, and Sonnen.. come on.. All Good fighters, but none are really deserving of a title shot.

Marquardt has great hands, and is one of my favorite fighters, but none of these guys have anywhere near the level of Striking Speed or Skill as Belfort and Silva. When Belfort is on, all he has to do is make contact to change the outcome of a fight. Ideally he would have gotten a couple more fights in before Silva, just to get reaqquainted with the whole UFC Atmosphere, but I don't see anyone else having a better chance of taking it home than The Phenom.

Also to whoever was loving on Rampage's backside: It's real easy to claim it was all for TV when you don't wanna be known as a douche anymore. but when you've been acting the same way on and off camera for years.... Jackson is fucking Bi-Polar or something, which is cool, so am I... but fuck, get ahold of it man. Jackson is scared of Evans. You could see it every time Jackson just had to start some shit becase of his little ego, then once he got knee deep in it, you could tell he wanted out and just had too much Retard in him to shut the hell up.

And I call Schoonover, Schoonover, not titties.

Dude, Henderson and Marquardt both already lost to Silva. Neither of which was a particularly challenging match. Bisping, Okami, and Sonnen.. come on.. All Good fighters, but none are really deserving of a title shot.

Marquardt has great hands, and is one of my favorite fighters, but none of these guys have anywhere near the level of Striking Speed or Skill as Belfort and Silva. When Belfort is on, all he has to do is make contact to change the outcome of a fight. Ideally he would have gotten a couple more fights in before Silva, just to get reaqquainted with the whole UFC Atmosphere, but I don't see anyone else having a better chance of taking it home than The Phenom.

Also to whoever was loving on Rampage's backside: It's real easy to claim it was all for TV when you don't wanna be known as a douche anymore. but when you've been acting the same way on and off camera for years.... Jackson is fucking Bi-Polar or something, which is cool, so am I... but fuck, get ahold of it man. Jackson is scared of Evans. You could see it every time Jackson just had to start some shit becase of his little ego, then once he got knee deep in it, you could tell he wanted out and just had too much Retard in him to shut the hell up.

And I call Schoonover, Schoonover, not titties.

If that was aimed at me, i think you missed my point. My point was more about the difference in the two styles of the men. One is accustomed to the UFC way of doing things and the other prefers just to be a fighter. No matter of your opinion of the individual men, this difference is significant to how money and fame may effect their decisions on on side and the quality of the opposition on the other.

Henderson won the first round before being submitted in the second. Ultimately, Dana White publicly stated the winner of Henderson/Bisping would receive a title shot and promoted the fight as such. Dana wanted Bisping to win, hoping he could silence his critics while aiding his attempts to expand in England. It didn't happen and Henderson delivered the Knockout of the Night. He can downplay it all he wants, but this happened on the UFC's most successful PPV in company history, not some edition of Fight Night. It was also the biggest highlight of the PPV minus Lesnar's rant. The number one contender to the UFC Middleweight Championship just defected.

Anderson Silva may have obtained the spot of the #1 P4P fighter in the sport thanks to the UFC hype machine, but his record speaks volumes about the kind of fighter that he isn't. People will say what they will about Fedor Emelianenko and Georges St. Pierre, but both men have defeated every opponent they've ever faced. He has more losses than both of them combined and hasn't avenged one. Despite having both of the last two people to ever defeat him (one of which, finished him), he never made a public gesture or attempt to get a fighter with either individual. Unlike Chonan, Okami still remains with the company and Silva has never pushed for that fight. For a fighter that walks around like he's King of the Mountain, you'd think he'd want to, but he has shown no desire to do so.

It's called a persona. Jackson never looked scared of Evans. By the end of the show, he just looks frustrated and pissed off that Evans would keep getting in his face and talking shit to him, knowing damn well that a fight was never going to break out. I like Rashad and want him to win that fight, but it was a total bitch tactic.

I'll always be a Hendo fan after the almost-murder of Bisping, but it's no big deal that he signed with Strikeforce. I think he'll handle Shields easily, Mousasi might be entertaining, and Fedor would wreck him. Does losing Henderson affect the UFC PPV sales at all? Highly doubtful. I'd rather see Marquardt-Silva 2 or Belfort-Silva before Hendo-Silva 2.

As far as Rampage goes, he signed on to TUF knowing that at the end of the season, he was supposed to fight Rashad. He backed out of that agreement to make the A-Team movie (that if the best person they could find to play Mr. T was Rampage, expect it to bomb). Remember he also backed out of an offered title shot with Machida so he could mend and take the TUF gig. I used to love Rampage and hate Rashad, but now I hope Rashad knocks him out cold.

Rampage did not back out of an offered title shot with Machida. He did not fight Machida because Dana BEGGED him to do TUF in order to elevate the show's ratings.

There was video on Dana's Youtube blog after Rampage beat Jardine of Dana offering him the next title shot. Not sure if it's still up there or not.

theres just nobody on the level of fedor in the weight class as him, anderson silva, GSP, but they obviously cant pull that off

GSP is way too small, but imho I do absolutely see Silva giving him a hard time standing with his speed and boxing. Silva, 'Reem and Barnett are the remaining fights I'm even interested in seeing for Fedor.

So, they've signed Lashley today..nice! Stumbled upon this pic in the article:

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/331288/mma_fw_lashleyb_576.jpg

What the..what's going on with Sapp's head?