New gym rule

Im trying to find an old thread that was related to this.

It was a thread made by the owner and he cited "The Gladiator Rule" where he had limited the number of coached because I was growing too big too quick. I also offered at a lower price then all other gyms so i pretty much get all new members. I really wanted to have a super large gym and then leverage that to start a promotion.

But when the 10 coaches rule came into place, I knew I would never be able to stick with the game because eventually ever gym would get to be the same as mine and I would have no competitive advantage over them because the rules wouldn't allow it. So it didnt make sense to play anymore.

But I was thinking about this game and had wondered if it took off. Nice to see its still around.

Still disappointed I wasnt able to continue to run my tycoon though. I wasted a lot of good hours playing this. I remember messaging EVERY new member with a advertisement to my gym inviting them to train there... and they would it was awesome at the time. Funny though, I just read a more recent thread with people complaining and wondering how to make gyms profitable. Which is something I had very little problem with. I'm not sure if that was the case after the gladiator rule was implemented.

• Downvote 1

Oh man... I was thinking about this the other day and how pissed I was when the new rule came into place to stunt the growth of my successful business.

Thought I would come back and see how things changed...

Was interested to see people discuss me and my gym even after I was gone.

Lol, he left the game over that?

Well at the time the game was much smaller, and less things to do other than try and run your bussiness... so once I had reached the peak of what I was going to be able to do with it, what else was there to do?

I also had university exams coming up at the time, and got engaged... so life happened too and I stopped. But the rule was the catalyst.

• Upvote 1

Lol, he left the game over that?

Also at the time my prices were very very low, so I wasnt turning as much of a profit as I planned to. The plan was to grow into a very large gym, and then slowely increase prices once I had a base of fighters and elitle coaches that proved worth it. But again, because the size of the gym was now limited, I knew there would be many many gyms opening as the game got more popular. This was all in the beta stage of the game.

Looking at the game now, there are more options and companies.

• Downvote 1

But I was thinking about this game and had wondered if it took off. Nice to see its still around.

Oh, I thought you'd just posted that and gone again :) Many of us been playing 4 or 5 years, and we still get new people coming too. There are regularly a few dramas like yours every year, but the changes that have happened have only improved the game overall. If you still like MMA and stat-crunching browser games you should come back and give it another try. Fighting tactics have definately improved. There are more cities now and most, arguably all, of the business dilemmas (like your problem) have been solved and robust rules are well established.

Edit: And on the subject of gyms.. People found a number of business models to run gyms since then. You can now send money direct from one manager to another, so there are a few different ways to make money with a high quality gym.

Yeah i was taking a look around though... no gyms seem to be like mine was. I think I had 320 at my high point. And I was making deals with organizations and clothing company's that simply weren;t happneing at that time.

I'm sure there are successful gyms now. But at the time I was hoping to have THE BEST business in the game, and was planning on doing so much more. But when the rule came down, i felt liek it would be pointless because any time I would do something that was TOO successfull, it would be put under a microscope and squashed by rules to keep it down. So I felt like whats the point...

I had agreements with other players too so that fight orgs and clothing companies were promoting and working with me. How cool would it have been if I had a chain of gyms in every city with the same name buy under different managers that I worked with... but then I figure some rule about duplicate franchise names would be put in place or something...

It just didn't make sense to pour time into something that when you are being successful at it, it is shut down simply because you are being successful at it... I was offering the best training at the lowest price, so I deserved to get the bussiness. I also poured the time into the game to get it. I messeaged every new member inviteing them to my gym and promoted it to memembers of other gyms to highlight why they should train at mine. But then when i started doing better than the others I basically had extra rules applied to me. (they applied to everyone technically... but I was the only gym that was big enough to actually be effected).

Anyway, I do still wish I had been able to take it where I had wanted and see what i could have done with it. I may give the game a try again but I dont have the time I used to in order to be really good at it.

Oh man... I was thinking about this the other day and how pissed I was when the new rule came into place to stunt the growth of my successful business.

Thought I would come back and see how things changed...

Was interested to see people discuss me and my gym even after I was gone.

You can take your 1 rule and shove it up your ass. Talk to me when you get to 3...

Honestly though, the game has changed a lot. For one, gyms are 1k per month now. For another, we want a certain number of select individuals in our gyms, not 150.

Holy thread necromancy. But while it's up, I hate the limit on coaches. You should be able to have as many as you want, if you can pay for them.

• Downvote 1

Holy thread necromancy. But while it's up, I hate the limit on coaches. You should be able to have as many as you want, if you can pay for them.

I agree. The richest managers are able to pay for a few priv gyms. they would have to pay the same amount of money for 24 coaches in one gym instead of paying for coaches fees in two gymsw with 12 coaches each.

It would be great, if for example a gym has 12 coaches and reached 3000 skill cap, the next elite coach would costs 10% than the previous one. So a cost of hiring 2 new coaches in a cap with maxed cap would be base * 110% for the first one and base *120% for the second one and so on with next coaches.

Yeah i was taking a look around though... no gyms seem to be like mine was. I think I had 320 at my high point. And I was making deals with organizations and clothing company's that simply weren;t happneing at that time.

I'm sure there are successful gyms now. But at the time I was hoping to have THE BEST business in the game, and was planning on doing so much more. But when the rule came down, i felt liek it would be pointless because any time I would do something that was TOO successfull, it would be put under a microscope and squashed by rules to keep it down. So I felt like whats the point...

I had agreements with other players too so that fight orgs and clothing companies were promoting and working with me. How cool would it have been if I had a chain of gyms in every city with the same name buy under different managers that I worked with... but then I figure some rule about duplicate franchise names would be put in place or something...

It just didn't make sense to pour time into something that when you are being successful at it, it is shut down simply because you are being successful at it... I was offering the best training at the lowest price, so I deserved to get the bussiness. I also poured the time into the game to get it. I messeaged every new member inviteing them to my gym and promoted it to memembers of other gyms to highlight why they should train at mine. But then when i started doing better than the others I basically had extra rules applied to me. (they applied to everyone technically... but I was the only gym that was big enough to actually be effected).

Anyway, I do still wish I had been able to take it where I had wanted and see what i could have done with it. I may give the game a try again but I dont have the time I used to in order to be really good at it.

oh im sure you would have ruled the TW fuck off...oh thats right 'you never were'