Average Height Per Weight Class?

ShaneOMac

Yeah - I basically just looked at the top guys IRL in the weight classes I was designing my fighters for, and made them about the same height. I could make someone based off of myself, but a 5'7" (170 cm) middleweight would be at a bit of a disadvantage in the game...just another reason (along with age and general lack of talent) I am not a professional fighter...LOL!!

a quick search would suggest that in real life the average height at 155 is 5"9, 170 would be 5"10 and a half, 185 6"0, 205 6"1 and a half and heavyweight would be 6"3. A convertor would put them into cm.

Whether that is relevent for the game on the other hand i do not know

are you sure thats right I'm 6'1 and 155 and I'm not exactly all that skiny

It depends on your bones and muscular density. I also stand 6"1 and i walk aound at approximately 230 and i can cut down to 185 (just). I am densely built but i have several friends who are taller than myself that fight at 170.

The average is taking average muscular density and then calulate a safe weight dop of approx 15 lbs which comes up with the average.

its actually really hard for me to gain or cut any weight it just doen's work for me idk if its my motabolizem or what I've tried all sorts of things to gain weight so I could build muscle faster but it never works and I always stay the same size. seem to only get more defined

It depends on your bones and muscular density. I also stand 6"1 and i walk aound at approximately 230 and i can cut down to 185 (just). I am densely built but i have several friends who are taller than myself that fight at 170.

The average is taking average muscular density and then calulate a safe weight dop of approx 15 lbs which comes up with the average.

i have never heard of anyone losing that much weight 45 lbs you serious?

i have never heard of anyone losing that much weight 45 lbs you serious?

Sounds like bs to me. If you are densely built then that suggests you have low body fat/high muscle ratio which would suggest you are cutting about 30lbs of muscle (and then putting it back on). Bearing in mind it takes a year to put on 12-18 lbs of muscle (being very generous). It would take you a minimum of 2 years to put the weight back on (to remain "dense").

its actually really hard for me to gain or cut any weight it just doen's work for me idk if its my motabolizem or what I've tried all sorts of things to gain weight so I could build muscle faster but it never works and I always stay the same size. seem to only get more defined

Just keep adding good calories until the weight starts to tick up, with lots of squatting and dead lifitng you should be able to add some mass mate.

Sounds like bs to me. If you are densely built then that suggests you have low body fat/high muscle ratio which would suggest you are cutting about 30lbs of muscle (and then putting it back on). Bearing in mind it takes a year to put on 12-18 lbs of muscle (being very generous). It would take you a minimum of 2 years to put the weight back on (to remain "dense").

it would be walking around weight to fighting weight, therefore over 12 weeks of prep it is not unusual (i.e i get fat then drop).

But my point was that it would say it is impossible for me to get down to 155 (without being a pro, have a complete regime etc etc and then i think it would take 2 -3 years to change the anomorphic shape.) I don't know how people get into these things but for me it was a combination of losing my promary sport (knee) and wanting to keep fit for myself. Its also handy to have the extra money.

• 4 weeks later...

I am 6' 2" (188.9cms) and am walking around at 98kg (215.6lbs)

When i fight i will be @ 88kgs (193.6lbs)

Granted its in Muay Thai but i will be tall for my WC - I would do what Tatssu said - google the top guy with the fighting style you are after - and maaybe have 1 slot for a freak of naature that you wanna trial - like a 4f 300lb or a 8f 135er

When people cut weight for fights, they mainly cut fluids, not muscle or fat. 45lbs does sound much, but for some people cutting weight is easy.

44 pounds and he was like walking dead and didn't make weight plus he had the help of nutritionist. I agree he cuts a lot but when he actually makes weight he doesn't come down from 220 more like 200-205 and he will start cutting weeks before the fight. At the lower weights it takes a lot more to cut weight. Take Brock for example he should really be a SHW but seems to find it easy to get to 265. "percentage wise" i think your right i think Johnson does cut the most.