Sponsorship question

mgp5013

I am looking for some input here from company owners. I am trying to figure out what the typical sponsorship amount is for an entry level fighter, a mid level fighter, and an elite fighter. I have a 2-0 fighter, #2 HW in Japan that has a $300 sponsorship which I think was a pretty good deal. I got an offer on the same fighter for $50 which I declined because I thought it was a little low. Any thoughts?

the most ive given someone was $350 for 40 days, and that was for the #1 P4P fighter on the site. i usually offer most fighters between 90-110 for 50 days.

So what exactly is the benefit for the sponsor and the sponsored fighter? I assume that both parties benefit from the sponsorship deal, but do you guys know exactly how much it benifits both parties?

Thanks.

Being sponsored gives you huge benefits, mainly money.

Sponsoring, at this point in the game, is hard to gain from. I spend a crapload to be the #1 hyped company and after getting it I realized I gained nothing. I got no extra sales.

So I'm scaling back and I'm focusing on my clothing. At the end of the day, I want to make the best product... not be the most hyped.

So I'm broke. Therefore, if you're reading this, please buy a Furious Angels fightshirt... I need it. And it'll make you look good.

The only bennefit to sponsorship is getting that 150x150 icon in a profile page and getting some "hype" for your company. From what I understand hype gives clothing a small bennefit to the morale of the fighter wearing it and does absolutely nothing for nutrition companies.

The negatives of sponsorship are that the company has to pay money for what ammounts of an extremely modest bennefit. It also creates a mentality amoung players that they shouldn't pay for the very products a company is trying to sell, but instead have these products gifted to them.

In real life, sponsorship has absolutely nothing to do with fighters. I have never known a name MMA fighter who has ever purchased a tapout shirt. You know? They get this shit given to them hand over fist. The people who buy Tapout shirts are guys like you and me who see a fighter wearing it. It's fans that buy shirts, not fighters. But there's no fans in the game, so if clothing companies are sponsoring all these fighters then who'se buying the shirts?

I don't understand why a company would sponsor any fighter except in very targeted instances like a high-profile top-10 fighters that other managers might check the profile of.

The reason I buy Non-Stop Nutrition is because it's the best supplements in the game. The reason I buy Bushido Clothing is because their styles are sick as hell. Not because they sponsor anyone or because they have a certain 'hype'. :)

how exactly is Non-Stop Nutrition selling the best products in the game? You sound like a walking endorcement at the end. Your comments were valid until that. The guy is selling lvl 1's for 10 dollars less the some people are selling lvl 3's?

how exactly is Non-Stop Nutrition selling the best products in the game? You sound like a walking endorcement at the end. Your comments were valid until that. The guy is selling lvl 1's for 10 dollars less the some people are selling lvl 3's?

Just like in real life, there is no accurate way of knowing the effectiveness of a supplement. The only way to know is by trial and error, testing many products, etc, it is pretty complicated. Also what you may think is the result of the supplement may be the result of the training session of your fighter or whatever.

In real life people get fooled by advertisement and hype. A company may make you believe that they got they developed the best product ever but in fact it's still the same old stuff but they changed the wrapping on the container and made it more flashy. The competitor's product might be just the same and for half the price but since it's the container is so bland looking you will be influence to buy the new and shiny one.

Since these 3 or 4 guys are talking so much about their products and how it's the shit, I don't believe them, they push it way too much.

The FAQ says it best:

Much like in the real world, the benefits of taking any supplement are hard to measure. Clever marketing and slick product design may convince you that the product you are taking is of high quality but in reality it might be a tub of ground up chalk and candy hearts.

In MMA Tycoon, the situation is no different. The nutrition producer can choose to set the quality at whatever level he wishes but that level is never disclosed to the public. The only way you can find out is by talking with other users and assessing what benefits you are getting from training with each make of supplement. Is the manufacturer out to make a quick buck or are they a reputable source for all your nutritional needs?

So I'm scaling back and I'm focusing on my clothing. At the end of the day, I want to make the best product... not be the most hyped.

Take that sentence for example. There is no "better" clothing. The only thing clothing do right now is giving your fighter a morale boost. A 5$ shirt and a 50$ shirt will both do the same thing. The 50$ one might look a lot nicer but it will not give you any added benefits.

I will say this: Elissa told me how much she spent on her supplements. Needless to say, they have GOT to be quite good.

I can't, and won't, attest to how good Rollins' stuff is. I have never taken it and I won't make assertions. I only know what I know. I don't think everyone is necessarily lying, however.

Guest Knoppy
So what exactly is the benefit for the sponsor and the sponsored fighter? I assume that both parties benefit from the sponsorship deal, but do you guys know exactly how much it benifits both parties?

Thanks.

I have a clothing company in Vegas. In all honesty there has to be a change in it within the game. Like ideas of having orgs and clothing companies tied together so you sell merchandise at shows. I mean what other chance as a clothing company do we have of making it in the Tycoon world. Yeah Boondock has top notch shit he has put together but as far as funds go he is not far from broke I am sure. I have made loot on my shorts my shirts sales I have taken a pretty good loss its what I give a fighter when I sponsor them. I only have 4 items out there I cannot compete with Boondock's and some others skills in photoshop or whatever program that they use.

Anyways back on topic. I usually try a 60 day sponsorship with a 200$ offer for my fighters.

I just wanna thank you all for your support and the people who have supported my clothing line and to the fighter I have sponsored kick some facking arse!!!

My first post here on the forums.

i really like the idea of clothing and nutrition companys sponsoring the promotions. like if every promotion could have 1-2 main-sponsors. the sponsors could invest in the company and in return get a good shair of the merchadinise money from those fake fans ;). id like somehting like that for the companys but im not sure what impact that would have on the econemy. at this point in the game clothing and nutrition companys barely make any money, but this is still a beta ... once tens of thousands of people play this game the better companies id assume would make good money.

That sounds like a great idea, the better the show does the more sales for the sponsor type of thing.

I assumed that when you received sponsorship that you would get a hype and morale boost for your fighter and the better the fighter did the more hype the sponsor company would receive, so if you sponsored the best fighters you would get the most hype. And if you were sponsored by the best company than your fighter would get the biggest hype reward. Assuming that you cant sponsor every fighter in the game, the biggest companies would be sponsoring the best fighters (for big money) and the newer companies would have to work with newer fighters and managers and expect loyalty from them once they get big themselves.

I def. think that sponsorship should be linked to sales figures. If you spend the money to sponsor the 5 best fighters in the game, in reality if you sponsored the 5 top MMA guys your product would have a substantial market share because of that and those sponsorships would lead directly to sales and income.

Just like in real life, there is no accurate way of knowing the effectiveness of a supplement. The only way to know is by trial and error, testing many products, etc, it is pretty complicated. Also what you may think is the result of the supplement may be the result of the training session of your fighter or whatever.

In real life people get fooled by advertisement and hype. A company may make you believe that they got they developed the best product ever but in fact it's still the same old stuff but they changed the wrapping on the container and made it more flashy. The competitor's product might be just the same and for half the price but since it's the container is so bland looking you will be influence to buy the new and shiny one.

Since these 3 or 4 guys are talking so much about their products and how it's the shit, I don't believe them, they push it way too much.

The FAQ says it best:

Much like in the real world, the benefits of taking any supplement are hard to measure. Clever marketing and slick product design may convince you that the product you are taking is of high quality but in reality it might be a tub of ground up chalk and candy hearts.

In MMA Tycoon, the situation is no different. The nutrition producer can choose to set the quality at whatever level he wishes but that level is never disclosed to the public. The only way you can find out is by talking with other users and assessing what benefits you are getting from training with each make of supplement. Is the manufacturer out to make a quick buck or are they a reputable source for all your nutritional needs?

Take that sentence for example. There is no "better" clothing. The only thing clothing do right now is giving your fighter a morale boost. A 5$ shirt and a 50$ shirt will both do the same thing. The 50$ one might look a lot nicer but it will not give you any added benefits.

Again I will state Syndicate drugs has been around since pretty much the start of the game. I have tried there product as well as many others and needless to say there product is the best. I am not blaming you guys and I am not saying your selling something that is garbage but to sit on here and tell me a first lvl recovery is as good as someone who I know for a fact has spent thousands more then non-stop nutitiion (based on the shear fact that its only been around about 2 weeks) I know 2 people that own different nutrition places and both of them say research is very expense and I understand how it works. there is no way the man started the game and said well I have enough money to go out and research the best stuff. When a company that has been around since pretty much day one is selling a product that yes I have tired and can garentee is better then that lvl 1 you are getting from non-stop. Hell I know green spirit supplements has lvl 2's for a fact 100% no doubt in my mind. pretty much watched the guy do it and syndicates lvl's 3 still are a bit better then greens lvl 2's which means that they must be lvl 3's or 2 and a halfs not sure if you can have those though. So you are still here telling me that Non-stop nutritions big money making sceme to sell the best products is to say they have lvl 1's when they are really lvl 5's? I don't understand the product is blantly worse then I would say half the companys out there. Don't come on here and try to tell me some lies. I don't care if you want to boost the companies moral or increase some sales. But to flat out try to lie to my face saying its the best product when in no way possible is it the best product unless the man has no idea how to name items bothers me a lot.

Personally its your money my fighters are recieving a better product so you are more then welcome to waste your money on what seems to be a most expense less effective product.

ya, i don't know how these other nutrition companies are creating 'the best' products when it literally costs more than 30k to 40k to make the best products. that would mean a company who takes out a 50k loan would have to spend 30k to 45k on one product for it to be super high quality.. that leaves around 10k for sponsorship yet these companies say they have multiple supplements that are the best. i smell a bunch of suckers. :) the only way i've been able to do it is help from my successful fight company, Kings of Rio, who has partnered with Syndicate Drugs to help with the costs of research so that I can provide the actual best in game supplements. It seems a lot of you are getting duped. Don't be a fool, go to Syndicate Drugs in Rio and get some super steroids in your veins!!! hahahhaa... I know for a fact my Stamina and Recovery are of the highest quality in game and soon so will my Muscle Enhancer. And if anyone wants to question it they can meet Kayaki Chonin for a little lesson in Jiu Jitsu. :)

The syndicate V5 supplements are the best, hands down. You get what you pay for in this instance.

I agree. I can't bring myself to even try the other supp's because they make me feel like I am buying from one of those shopping channel hype jobs.

once there is a shipping charge and a delivery time on these items other companys will have a chance but right now with none of that there's pretty much no reason to buy from a lot of companies no offence to them I am sure they are trying to make it work but right now its hard to work it work