starting an org!

ClubFighter

i know i only started it a few days ago but i just wanna know a good strategy as well

I don't run an org but there certainly seems to be a theme to those that are successful.

1. Don't over extend yourself, build yourself up and once you are finacially viable then look to start bringing in more experienced guys on larger contracts.

2. Talk to as many of the better org owners as you can, they are always helping people (much to their credit) and there experience is invaluable.

3. Check the wiki and search the forum, there is tons of nuggets of knowledge just waiting to be found. Some time invested doing that will realy help you develop.

4. Make sure you are as active as possible. Talk to people, get them involved and don't forget that being knocked back is not a bad thing, get bigger and go back to people again once they have finished their contract. The better you come across the better the whole experience will be.

Don't try to take over the world in the first month. Guess what? Your org sucks in the beginning. It just does. Every org does. You're a measley little pimple on the backside of MMA Tycoon when you first start an org. If you can't accept that, you shouldn't have an org.

Start small, go after newly created fighters and new managers to the game (don't rip them off), and build your org slowly. Make some money and wait for some of the other smaller orgs in Tokyo to die so you can swoop in and grap their fighters. That's the only way to do it. Orgs are a long term investment, especially in an established city.

I laugh at orgs that start up and put this in their Blurb "We are XYZ and we're going to take over the world! Be apart of the most dominating org every created in the history of man. All others will fall to their knees and bow down to our greatness. This is the only place to be!!!!! ! ! ! !"

You're not going to rule the world and you're not the place to be. Get over it or get out of the biz :)

Do not overextend yourself. If you panic and start offering big contracts you'll screw yourself in the long run. For the first few weeks of my org I offered nothing higher than 300/300/300. If people aren't willing to take it, look elsewhere. And don't book an event until you have at least 40 fighters.

I started my org in Rio back in September, i struggled to sign fighters, everyone seemed greedy with contracts and things happened very slowly. I wondered if Rio was in fact a bad place to start, if the big guys were paying so well that a small org could not survive.

It was a struggle but with time we grew a bit, moved up the rankings and today stand halfway up the Rio org ladder and have a little name for ourselves, but we still have a long, long way to go. I guess if orgs had a rating (idea mike?) we might be classed as 'mediorce'. Since i started out all but one fo those that started at the same time has gone, others have come since and folded and I've signed some of their fighters as a result.

We have established our little spot on the Rio feeding troth alongside some other likewise orgs, and we all continue to look to edge up the troth so we can sit next to the big boys.

Dont over commit on contracts out of frustration, set a pay cap for 0-0 fighters and stick to it and try to sign mostly inexperienced fighters like those, even some with a loosing record.

After you do some reasonably successful shows and make some money you might be able to attract better fighters as you'll have shown you can do decent shows and made some money.

Concentrate on survival firstly, growth comes after you've paid the loan off. This is what gives you the freedom to grow, big mistakes early on can be terminal.

Some good advice for you here dude. Especially the 300/300/300 pay for fighters, no need to go over that. There are fighters out there that the big orgs are not chasing after so don't be ashamed of signing a 0-3 guy, if he turns up and fights then that is what you are after in the beginning.

if you're having trouble signing fighters, then i'd suggest sticking with 1-2 weight classes. you don't want to end up with 4 fighters in 8 weight classes. Get some depth, then expand.

Yea, try to keep it in 2- 3 weight classes, when you get enough you might want to expand.

I started with 5 weight classes and it has been fine. What I did do though was sign guys that could fight at 145 in my 155 division and told them that once I was a little further down the line I would look at starting some lower weight divisions, they were all pretty cool with this. It also means there is less chance of them not making weight if they are fighting in a higher class just now.