Worst Black Belt Ever?

TK

Found what I thought would be a nice mis-match of a fight between an 8-4 guy managed by Franky Sin, and a 2-0 guy.

Franky's guy, Qwik Yin, is a strong wrestler and a black belt...his opponent, a woeful wrestler and a blue belt.

Now, I figured this would easily end in a win for Sin with Yin...'til i read this commentary:

"Yin is trying to work a guillotine from the top, or something like that? Don't know how he thinks he's going to get a finish from there."

I thought to myself, "that's a bit sketchy for a black-belt", but didn't panic.

This is what made me panic:

"Yin is going olschool here, as he tries to force Gyver to tap using a forearm choke. This isn't 1993 though, so Gyver shrugs it off."

I'd seen this type of "sub attempt" before, from a white belt.

Anyhoo, Yin did secure the sub win eventually, but with only two of the fifteen minutes remaining...and after the fight hit the mat for the 7th time!

Moral of the story: Not even a strong wrestling, black belt trained by a top manager is a guaranteed win against a woeful wrestling, blue belt.

Im assuming his Sub Attempt slider was too high seeing as how the improve postion to sub attempt ratio is 6:18.

Excellent observation.

I thought it'd be over in less than a minute if it hit the deck, regardless of how his sliders were set.

Just goes to show how detailed this great game is!

hmmm well i see why now lol but me no have vip until mike comes on

You're going VIP today, as soon as Mike logs on and actions it?

Man, what an agonising wait that must be! lol.

Trust me, though, it's well worth the wait. So many extra features, plus the business world opens up. You'll love it!

Excellent observation.

I thought it'd be over in less than a minute if it hit the deck, regardless of how his sliders were set.

Just goes to show how detailed this great game is!

It's still kind of a lame that a black belt would even attempt those submissions though. They should be smart enough to just move to a more dominant position.

Not exactly a Woeful/Blue Belt, but Franky and I had a little laugh over a fight Quik Yen had against another Manager in my Alliance's fighter. It's the match Yen had right before the one you just brought up.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=60179

About 30 Seconds in, Yen scores a takedown into Full Mount! He doesn't try any obscure/rudimentary sub attempts, but He did manage to get countered into improved positions both times he went for a sub attempt.

Can't believe a purple belt got taken down sqaure away into Full Mount and Survived against a Black Belt.

he sure is :D. i dont know who awarded him his black-belt, maybe he just bought it :P. hes fun though, i get a kick out of his retardedness every time ^_^

I think McDonald's were giving them out with Happy Meals at Halloween, maybe that's where he got it?

It's a shame you can't rename him Bob Sapp.

They both look like beasts, yet fight like, well, non-beasts.

wouldnt a forearm choke basically just be a baseball choke? which is a real choke so I dont see why it shouldnt be able to land...

I thought the difference was the spin. With a forearm choke, you are relying on strength and hip control while with the baseball you use the spin to gain knee to belly (at the least) and take out the left shoulder (as much as possible) to stop the obvious arm bar attempt?

Of course I could be quite wrong. I often am.

Submission fighters are moot nowdays anyways ever since the big changes a while back. I have a black belt to and I'm not that big on him either anymore.

Nowdays its about adjusting your sliders to win by decision unless your fighting a noob.

I'll put money on it, if someone has a good fighter with solid defenses and sets their sliders right, you won't TKO or KO them nor sub them and they will take it to the cards everytime.