Video Game Reviews

I love video games. I'll spend hours playing them. I'll also spend hours standing in a Blockbuster or an EB Games trying to decide which one I should try next. Post up positive or negative reviews on the games you've played and help a brother out!

Games I've played recently:

COD MW2 - Awesome as always. I'm not much of an online player, but the single player game is great even if they're always too short. Was never a big first person shooter fan, but this series got me hooked.

Uncharted 2 - Possibly my favorite game ever for next gen systems (I rock a PS3). The graphics are absolutely wicked and the voice acting is top notch.

Assassins Creed 2 - I've only dabbled with this when my buddy brought it over...a few hours tops...but the graphics are spectacular and the storyline is cool.

The Saboteur - I was kind of spoiled by Uncharted 2 and AC 2. It's a bit choppy at first, but once you get used to it, this game is actually pretty dope. Takes place at the beginning of WW2 and you're part of the French Resistance (but you're an Irishman lol). Lot's of climbing, sabotage and sneaky antics. Killing a Nazi is always good times and there are tons of them to kill. Upgrade your skills by meeting certain objectives. A really interesting angle on this game is where there is a heavy Nazi presence, the game plays in black and white and it's usually raining and stormy. As you smoke Nazi strongholds in each area, the resistance grows stronger and the area plays in colour.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uncharted 2 is by far the best game i've EVER played... the first one was ahead of its time graphics wise.. And uncharted 2 is just spectacular.. Its like indiana jones meets tomb raider. its so good.

Dragon Age: Origins - Starts a bit slow, but after I played an hour or so I really got into the game. Only downside I can think of is the graphics, but that doesn't bother me much. Oblivion with a pinch of WoW.

MW 2 - Can't say much about single player since I haven't touched it. Online is good as usual, but the maps are a bit large.

GTA Episodes of Liberty City - Interesting storylines and much more fun than GTA IV.

Fifa 10 - Best sports game I've played in a while. You will love it even if you're not a fan of soccer. Manager mode and Be-a-pro are still pretty much the same. The virtual pro feature is great.

Qrash, do you like shooters, action, adventure? what? borderlands was pretty good

Yeah what's the deal with that game? I wanna try it.

Dead Space has been my favourite of late...kind of Doom 3 at a slower pace. Got Batman to try next.

I can't believe I forgot about Batman...it's frikkin awesome! Can't wait till the next one comes out.

Got Madden 10 for 360 the other day, played it a couple of hours and went back to 09. Glitchy, buggy, looks good though, lol.

Also got Fallout 3 GOTY edition, which is by far and away the best console game i've played of the last 2 years. Off to buy the Saw game in a few days. Not expecting much from it, but i'm a huge fan of the movies, so i gotta play it.

NHL 10 - My favorite PS3 game. Especially the team play feature. EA Sports Hockey League allows you to join or create a team and play with up to 12 players! Very fun! If you like hockey, get it ASAP.

UFC 2009 - Like someone mentioned earlier, online gaming is a mess, it's lagging so bad you can't really play it. The offline exhibition fights are very good. The career sucks unfortunately..

FIFA10/PES10 - No need to say anything, if you are a soccer fan, get both games.

dead space was awesome (and i'm not even really a fan of the survival-horror genre). if you don't play it with a great audio setup (at least 5.1 surround), you're REALLY missing out. some of the best audio ever.

mw2 is fun, although i haven't gotten into it as much as i did with the first one. at least they fixed the endless spawning enemies in single player, and online MP is still fun.

assassin's creed 2 was dope. a lot better than the first one (which i still liked a lot)

uncharted 2 was definitely the game of the year. just the physics on the train level were freakin amazing, let alone everything else in the game.

i'm playing batman arkham asylum right now, which is really good. great level design/graphics/controls/etc.

forza 3 is good, although i haven't finished it yet. i didn't get into it as much as forza 2.

killzone 2 was pretty good, after they patched the online controls.

that one game i forgot what its called is pretty badass too, where you harvest the little bitches

Bioshock, finished it recently but thought it was a bit over-rated. Still decent though.