Video Game Reviews

First off I own a PS3.

I am considering getting another game. I only own CODMW2 and NCAA Basketball 2010. I want to get a football game but I feel like it is too late in the season for that. An NHL game would be fun.

Is that MAG game any good?

Is Smackdown VS Raw 2010 worth buying?

I heard Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition is sweet. Would this occupy a lot of my time for a long time?

Also any other recomendations not previously mentioned in this thread are welcome.

I owned Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 on the PS3 and can say it's the best one they have done, the last few were pretty poor but the new one is better. It has a similar thing to FNR4 in that you can download wrestlers other people make. it also has a create your own stroyline mode and again you can download user made ones.

@Juvesteve

to be honest mate i didnt play FNR3 a lot so i cant really compare. I know a lot of people who owned and played FNR3 a lot didnt like round 4 though.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I owned Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 on the PS3 and can say it's the best one they have done, the last few were pretty poor but the new one is better. It has a similar thing to FNR4 in that you can download wrestlers other people make. it also has a create your own stroyline mode and again you can download user made ones.

@Juvesteve

to be honest mate i didnt play FNR3 a lot so i cant really compare. I know a lot of people who owned and played FNR3 a lot didnt like round 4 though.

I thought SvR10 was good for the time it held my interest but the lack of a competitive element to the creation mode left me feeling a bit cold towards it

To be honest, SvR 2010 ain't that good, well at least in my opinion. Well, they focus on implementing the Story Designer mode and have not much time to improve other area I guess. Well, if you enjoy writing wrestling storyline, guess you will like SvR 2010. Gameplay isn't that much different from last year's, well there's still differences.

just installed mass effect 2 to the 360, smoked a bowl of some OG kush, and am about to start playing :notworthy:

Mass Effect 2 is awesome, loved the first one and loving the second one.

When im done im gonna play through a second time as a renegade badass instead of my current (but cool) good guy.

i don't keep up with video games like i used to so i have some questions.

to give you guys some background, i have a 360, my favs games/types of games are the metal gear solid series, the grand turismo series, the grand theft auto series, the godfather 1, action/adventure, and soviet strike (does anyone remember this game? i think it was on the ps1 and was badass). i don't like FPSs or RPGs. they most RPG i like is the fable series. i like sports games too.

my questions are:

1. i have seen some of you say that madden 10 is glitchy, etc. will someone go into more detail b/c i have been waiting to get 10 for cheaper, but if 09 is more worth it i can get that one right now. i heard that 10 was just like watching NFL on tv. i want the game that has tv type presentation, but i also like having the AI be more real to life. winning 99-7 every time gets boring. which is better: 09 or 10?

2. is GT5 really coming out in march? in the US? i will def want a ps3 soon then. i still haven't played the newest MGS b/c i don't have a ps3 and that's my fav series ever.

3. does anyone have any game suggestions for me considering what type of games i like?

4. are combos pretty easy to put together in the new fight night game? i saw some kids playing it at a car show last weekend and it looked great. RJJ v. ali. i played on of them on gamecube and it was ok (i think it was round 2 or 3).

thanks a lot everyone!

Mass Effect 2 is awesome, loved the first one and loving the second one.

When im done im gonna play through a second time as a renegade badass instead of my current (but cool) good guy.

yeah i'm having a blast with it. i doubt i'll play through it twice (nothing against the game, i just never play games twice because i'm too adhd to do it :P)

that being said, i do try to squeeze every drop out of a game before i finish it, and already have 30+ hours played in my save. i've played it about 75% paragon, 25% renegade, and am playing as a sniper.

i wish i wouldn't have deleted my mass effect 1 save so i could have continued my character, and i'll definitely be holding onto this game save for mass effect 3 :notworthy:

to give you guys some background, i have a 360, my favs games/types of games are the metal gear solid series, the grand turismo series, the grand theft auto series, the godfather 1, action/adventure, and soviet strike (does anyone remember this game? i think it was on the ps1 and was badass). i don't like FPSs or RPGs. they most RPG i like is the fable series. i like sports games too.

my questions are:

1. i have seen some of you say that madden 10 is glitchy, etc. will someone go into more detail b/c i have been waiting to get 10 for cheaper, but if 09 is more worth it i can get that one right now. i heard that 10 was just like watching NFL on tv. i want the game that has tv type presentation, but i also like having the AI be more real to life. winning 99-7 every time gets boring. which is better: 09 or 10?

2. is GT5 really coming out in march? in the US? i will def want a ps3 soon then. i still haven't played the newest MGS b/c i don't have a ps3 and that's my fav series ever.

3. does anyone have any game suggestions for me considering what type of games i like?

4. are combos pretty easy to put together in the new fight night game? i saw some kids playing it at a car show last weekend and it looked great. RJJ v. ali. i played on of them on gamecube and it was ok (i think it was round 2 or 3).

thanks a lot everyone!

don't bother with madden 09, just get madden 10. it's definitely an improvement.

i wouldn't be surprised if gt5 gets pushed back further. i think both the japanese/domestic release dates are currently still set for march though.

pick up assassin's creed 2 if you haven't played it yet, it sounds like it fits your gaming preferences.

i've only played the new fight night demo, but it was pretty much the exact same as the last one but with a revised control scheme (making you use the stick more than the buttons). combos shouldn't be that hard.

my questions are:

thanks a lot everyone!

Alright, I will answer your 3 and 4 since that's the only two I can answer.

3. A lot of action/adventure are up for 360, Darksiders, Bayonetta and maybe Prototype.

4. I played Fight Night Round 3, never play Round 4 since I dun have the consoles and since it uses analog, combo isn't hard. And it sure is a lot of fun.

my questions are:

thanks a lot everyone!

1) Forza 3 (Xbox) is really good, not sure how much better GT5 will be.

2)well they can be but it takes some practice as it's easy to throw an uppercut instead of a hook by accident, but when you do pull off a good combo it looks sweet with the physics in the game now.

anyone played M.A.G. yet? gamefly shipped it to me today. i'll prob finish mass effect 2 tonight and start playing M.A.G. in a day or two.

I am very interested in how this game is. Let me know how it is when you play it.

finished mass effect 2 last night. pretty badass game all the way through it. :notworthy:

Yeh amazing game and there is such huge scope for variations on the ending, how did yours end exactly?

Heres how mine went:

SPOILERS ALERT, SPOLIERS ALERT! SCROLL UP OR DOWN FAST GOD DAMN IT!

In the interests of people who may buy the game and read this i will be light on detail, im sure themisterx will get me:

Survive: Yes

Romance: No i kinda went on the Miranda route but fucked it up when i stuck up for Jack....doh

Any Losses: Thane in the Normandy on the way to final mission, Miranda, Zaeed, and mordin - kinda sucked that i lost mordin, Thane & Miranda, but Zaeed....meh.

Keep It or Blow it? I kept it going, kinda wish i blew it up though now.....every epic space tale should end with a dramatic explosion!

The Illusive Man? Pleased with the results but i made sure my Shepard maintained a frosty relationship with him.

Whats Next: Im slowly going to do it again same character, but more renegade and try to change the ending a bit oh and bunk up with Miranda!

All in all top game, best exclusive I've played, ever.....even over the amazing uncharted. Cant wait for the climax that will come with Mass Effect 3, I'll have a character and his decisions to take into 3 aswel now. I had deleted my ME1 so i had a few decisions from the first game assumed for me, and they were in some cases different to what i had done.

Gotta love how every decision you make impacts on the story.

**SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS** (for mass effect 2)

[

[

[

[

[

i saved my game before going on the final mission (so i could do both romance things, and have different saves to try out for mass effect 3), but the first time i went through the ending it went like this:

romance with tali (they didn't show her face, dammit!! they just teased like they would, and then cut away after she took her mask off)

everyone made it through the normandy crash.

i sent Legion through the pipes, and he got hit with a rocket in the face just as the doors were closing (i tried it again a second time last night and the same thing happened, which pisses me off because looking around the net it seems that he lives through it for everyone else. and i had him as loyal.)

tali died after i chose her as a squad leader for the second group (shot up and her suit ruptured). jack died at some point, but i forget when (she was the only one i had that wasn't loyal).

miranda ALMOST died at the very end (twice), but survived.

i blew up the ship and basically told the illusive man to go fuck himself, that i was doing it MY way :D

(when you decided to keep it, did you still have to fight that huge "baby"?)

after the ending i continued the story, even though i had already done every mission, and Kelly (that chick that tells you about your mail, and stands next to the galaxy map) sent me a message letting me know she digs me (i had flirted with her the whole game). so i go up to my captains quarters and summoned her on the intercom. she shows up in a stripper outfit and dances for you, sits on your lap, and spoons with you in bed. pretty funny.

i re-loaded my save from before the end mission and did the miranda romance. much better than the tali one, but still nothing crazy (don't expect partial nudity or anything, it's pretty tame).

and yeah, i had deleted my ME1 save for some reason, so had to start fresh as well :(

i dunno if i'll start over from scratch, but i'll keep trying to finish the game without losing anybody, and then i'll re-start using that save to level up higher.

**SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS** (for mass effect 2)

[

[

[

[

[

i saved my game before going on the final mission (so i could do both romance things, and have different saves to try out for mass effect 3), but the first time i went through the ending it went like this:

romance with tali (they didn't show her face, dammit!! they just teased like they would, and then cut away after she took her mask off)

everyone made it through the normandy crash.

i sent Legion through the pipes, and he got hit with a rocket in the face just as the doors were closing (i tried it again a second time last night and the same thing happened, which pisses me off because looking around the net it seems that he lives through it for everyone else. and i had him as loyal.)

tali died after i chose her as a squad leader for the second group (shot up and her suit ruptured). jack died at some point, but i forget when (she was the only one i had that wasn't loyal).

miranda ALMOST died at the very end (twice), but survived.

i blew up the ship and basically told the illusive man to go fuck himself, that i was doing it MY way :D

(when you decided to keep it, did you still have to fight that huge "baby"?)

after the ending i continued the story, even though i had already done every mission, and Kelly (that chick that tells you about your mail, and stands next to the galaxy map) sent me a message letting me know she digs me (i had flirted with her the whole game). so i go up to my captains quarters and summoned her on the intercom. she shows up in a stripper outfit and dances for you, sits on your lap, and spoons with you in bed. pretty funny.

i re-loaded my save from before the end mission and did the miranda romance. much better than the tali one, but still nothing crazy (don't expect partial nudity or anything, it's pretty tame).

and yeah, i had deleted my ME1 save for some reason, so had to start fresh as well :(

i dunno if i'll start over from scratch, but i'll keep trying to finish the game without losing anybody, and then i'll re-start using that save to level up higher.

SPOLIERS AGAIN, RUN AWAY!

Yeah i sent Legion through the vents and he came out fine! lol

Weird about that Kelly Chambers, she got killed on mine and i thought that was standard. She got sucked into them pipes - maybe if i had shown some interest in her she would have survived lol I was hoping Ashley Williams would turn back up, apparently she'll be back properly in 3. Jesus it sounds like a dating game the way we're goin on here!

Oh and i didnt have to fight any the reaper we just walked out of there no problems.....haha joke, yeh i had to fight it.

Right at the end of the game it showed a huge fleet of reapers, did you get that too?

SPOILER ALERT:

Finished ME2 as well. I loaded my Paragon save from ME1 (save Council, etc), but played through ME2 as Renegade up until the blow it up or use the technology part when I decided when blowing it up was the more Renegade thing to do. Miraculously, all of my party members survived the final stage, but I did have all the ship upgrades plus everyone was Loyal. I was kinda disappointed that there was no further encounters with the Rachni (aside from the one conversation on Illium) after saving the Queen in ME1. My guess is they'll be allies with Shepard in ME3, should be awesome.