• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=2709

Aoki King me

vs.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=1901

Hajime no Ipo

Hey don't go to the ground u will get subbed.

stand up you'll get Koed all i can say is hey IT'S ALL OVER!!!!

no hate just lots of love

but still going to win :P

Looks like its going to be an interesting fight, good luck to both fighters. But Aoki King better not go into this fight too cocky, especially with useless boxing and muay thai, talking about the easy KO. Obviously not discredeting the guy, but my fighter Otis Driftwood was a bit too over zealous and got caught with his lack of ground game early in his first fight.

• 2 weeks later...

Shunzo Ura, the #4 ranked flyweight in Tokyo showed his class in his first Choke Pancration match at CHOKE Golden Tour Vol.3. Winning the first 2 rounds, 'Iceman' Ura submitted Jeff Gaarlandt in the 3rd with an armbar. Ura said "I respect all the fighters here at Choke Pancration, i'm here to fight hard and prove my dominance my taking the title. I always aim high and I ALWAYS get what I want. Kevin Cromphout, I know you're looking to get back into the win column after losing your title match, but i'm looking to climb the rankings and you're in my way. Step in the ring with me at the Golden Tour Finale"

A message from James Jerryson:

"It's good to see the CHOKE fighters on here and participating. I'm always looking to see who has said what when setting up fight cards.

The 170 lb division is a mess, there's the triangle where Greg Lupul beat Jimmy Cheeseburger, Takayuki Okubo beat Greg Lupul, and then Jimmy Cheeseburger beat Takayuki Okubo.

The tentative plan is; if Brian Ko beats Jimmy Cheeseburger then to have Brian Ko vs. Takayuki Okubo for the title, and a #1 Contender re-match between Jimmy Cheeseburger and Greg Lupul

if Jimmy Cheeseburger wins, he'll be allowed to choose his opponent for the title fight. A re-match with Okubo seems too sudden, it wasn't that long ago that Jimmy ran rough-shod over him so there's no way it can be justified that Takayuki gets such a quick re-match. Personally, me and the fans want to see Lupul vs. Cheeseburger part II, but we'll see what happens. Good luck to everyone. "

A message from James Jerryson:

"It's good to see the CHOKE fighters on here and participating. I'm always looking to see who has said what when setting up fight cards.

The 170 lb division is a mess, there's the triangle where Greg Lupul beat Jimmy Cheeseburger, Takayuki Okubo beat Greg Lupul, and then Jimmy Cheeseburger beat Takayuki Okubo.

The tentative plan is; if Brian Ko beats Jimmy Cheeseburger then to have Brian Ko vs. Takayuki Okubo for the title, and a #1 Contender re-match between Jimmy Cheeseburger and Greg Lupul

if Jimmy Cheeseburger wins, he'll be allowed to choose his opponent for the title fight. A re-match with Okubo seems too sudden, it wasn't that long ago that Jimmy ran rough-shod over him so there's no way it can be justified that Takayuki gets such a quick re-match. Personally, me and the fans want to see Lupul vs. Cheeseburger part II, but we'll see what happens. Good luck to everyone. "

Just talked to Greg Lupul, and he said that he would love to give Jimmy another go. He also said that he knows Jimmy is a differnet fighter now, but Greg has picked up a few new tricks since their first fight, and would be coming in with a totally different gameplan.

Jimmy Cheeseburger has won again taking out Brian Ko in the 3rd round. "Brian was just like I expected, very tough, very good on the ground, without a doubt my toughest fight to date, considering Lupul put me to sleep, I really don't remember losing haha. Brian killed my energy, and put me on a 3 day injury, but I'm very pleased to come out with that win, lots of respect to Ko"

Mike Bennett Interview

Reporter: I hear you just signed a 4 fight contract with Choke Pancration is it true?

Bennett: Yes I did

Reporter: Why did you sign with Choke when you could of went to another Org.?

Bennett: I felt Choke was the best fit for me I like they have some of the best lightweight fighters in the world

Reporter: Anything else you want to say?

Bennett: yes I am glad to be here and to all of the fighters in Choke I will be the next 155lb Champ

Mike Bennett Interview

Reporter: I hear you just signed a 4 fight contract with Choke Pancration is it true?

Bennett: Yes I did

Reporter: Why did you sign with Choke when you could of went to another Org.?

Bennett: I felt Choke was the best fit for me I like they have some of the best lightweight fighters in the world

Reporter: Anything else you want to say?

Bennett: yes I am glad to be here and to all of the fighters in Choke I will be the next 155lb Champ

I also got another offer from PRIDE for Jimmy Cheeseburger, but I graciously declined because I like the lighter weight thing we have going in CHOKE, and the 170lb division in CHOKE is deep, and keeps getting more competitive. I already have a PRIDE 205er, so I think CHOKE is the place for Jimmy right now.

Appreciate the kind words guys. My plan from the beginning has been to build a stable CHOKE roster, find good managers and hope they stick with the organisation. I rarely hire new fighters now, only if there's someone who catches my eye, or if a particular weight divisions needs beefing up. I'm going through the long process of firing all of the inactive managers now, and on the internet connection I've got, that's a long, long process.

I'm sorry about the way the welterweight tournament worked out, it really is a deep division even if our guys aren't the best rated ( although Cheeseburger and Okubo are top ten in Japan ). I kept going back and forth, and figured a tournament would settle things the best way and allow 3 fights in a 30-or so day period for the welterweights. The winner of the tourney should end up ranked very highly worldwide.

What do you mean dropped from the card? Kongo Hatoky is among the top welterweights that barely didn't make the tournament ( along with Brian Ko, Nick Name, Kim Gauthier and some others ). In retrospect, a 16 man tournament may have been better.

He's still fighting Nick Name though, and the winner of that fight will probably meet the winner of Brian Ko/Kim Gauthier to build up the first challenger for the welterweight title.