*S*F*O* Success Fight Org. Montreal S*F*O

Hi Folks- Well, after a week off due to an intestinal bug, JB is back and ready to drop the dime on THE QUEST, the 60th event in SFO’s history. L Steve the H has promised to spare no expense in the promotion of THE QUEST, even promising to stock the Hard Knocks Arena with Maudite and Labatt Maximum Ice for your swilling pleasure. That’s right, you heard it. SFO is stepping up again in arena size. After several very successful events at Hayashi’s, the SFO has just blown the roof off of Montreal and is now booking a 3,000 seat arena. Way to go, Steve! Rumor has it that he is giving away 2843 free tickets, but still...There are a lot of good fights in THE QUEST, with the Wagner - Dragonov heavyweight title fight the obvious highlight. We will also see the mindbending jujitsunations of Luke McjitsuKendrick, the all-round class of Damien Stones, and the sublime Muay Thai stylings of Prachaub Prasoetram. There are sure to be some really exciting fights so get our tickets early!

Click to open QUEST commentary

After Aleksey Ivanov's win after a very tough Luke Mckendrick, Ivanov took the mic and called out SFO welterweight champion Matt Spartan.

"Mattheus, I will be coming for your belt, I was young when we faced before. Now I have seen the light and there's no doubt that I will defeat you in a rematch."

Hey everybody. Well, the SFO is having a midweek affair to quell the thirst that rises in the hearts of Montreal’s MMA fans beginning on Saturday evening after the normal event is finished. Since this event will be in the middle of the week, L. Steve the H. has cleverly named it IN THE MIDDLE. Isn’t he a sharp little guy? I sure think so, at least about the little part. Anyway, IN THE MIDDLE should have people dancing in the aisles, so chock full of entertainment is it. The superheavyweight belt up for grabs again in a rematch between Kimbo Slice and Igor Tatov, highly anticipated newcomer Brandon Comte, and “Perfunctory” Poppa Ping are sure to bring smiles to folks’ faces. Let’s see what we got, shall we?

IN THE MIDDLE COMMENTARY

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7058/sfoquest.jpg

265 lbs 5 Sergei Dragonov def Chad Wagner via third round KO (head kick) 265 lbs title

170 lbs 3 Aleksey Ivanov def Luke McKendrick via unanimous decision

265+ lbs 3 Turk Ransel def Billy Hayes via first round KO (punch)

135 lbs 3 Biff Rockslide vs Mitch Heisenberg (No Contest)

265 lbs 3 Finnegan O McMacElveney def JD Chilltown via unanimous decision

155 lbs 3 Reece Edward Duenas v Damien Stones (DRAW)

265 lbs 3 Edward Brannigan def Squirmy McGee via unanimous decision

155 lbs 3 Joe Rockhead def Prachuap Prasoetram via first round KO (punches) at 03:04

155 lbs 3 John Howard def Chris Dugre via third round submission (kimura) at 02:02

170 lbs 3 Dustin Cave def Woody Hammer via first round TKO (strikes) at 01:05

KO of the Night- Turk Ransel wins our KO of the night award. The American superheavweight wasted no time in demolishing Billy Hayes as he sent the New Zealander to sleep in just 15 seconds. Looking to continue his winning streak, Ransel aggressively took the fight to his opponent. Ransel knocked Hayes down twice before he unleashed an uppercut from hell that dropped Hayes in the mat unconscious.

Submission of the Night- John Howard did an Anderson Silva-like come from behind win to net our subs of the Night award. Simply outgunned and outworked by Chris Dugre for two rounds, Howard capitalized on the achilles' heel of Dugre, his submission defense. After Dugre took him down, the Canadian patiently waited for an oppotunity to submit his opponent. At the two minute mark of the last round, he locked a kimura hold that made Dugre tap out. Both fighters appeared to be out of the SFO after their last fight as Howard retired and Dugre, loser of three straight, was released by his manager.

Fight of the Night- The Dueñas vs Stones match is the Fight of the Night. This two lightweights are two of the best in their division and they proved in Quest as they fought back and forth for three rounds that resulted in a draw. The first round went to Stones as he took advantage of his boxing prowess to land some heavy blows against the Filipino. Stones also displayed good ground defense as he did not let Dueñas bully his way with his brown BJJ. The second round was as close as it gets, Stones started aggressively throwing punches left and right. But Duenas took him down and controlled the fight in the ground. In the final round, it was a total domination as Duenas stepped it up a notch and pounded his way to a third round victory. The fight resulted in a draw and the rematch is already set and should be very competitive as well.

Once again, all winners will receive any 2 shirts/shorts of your choice from Marvel Combat in Montreal and $500 from SFO.

BUT wait! Biobonds is back! BIOBONDS will provide all OTN winners with a choice of any 2 items from BIOBONDS Montreal.

(Please PM Steve for prize issues.)

Please contact Remi, Dudley Fitz and Prez Steve to claim your prizes.

Thanks to all SFO fighters and keep supporting our beloved organization! CHEERS!!

- Gale Hawthorne

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/7058/sfoquest.jpg

Typeout!: S.F.O’s Weekly Review vol.18

Welcome back to Typeout!, where all the action and epic endeavors of the SFO is archived, analyzed and reviewed. Yours truly, Chris Nylan, is on writing duty once again to bring you all the goodness SFO members have brought to the world of MMA. On a side note, your favorite reporter (that would be ME) thinks that Anderson Silva has dropped to the second spot in the ever unofficial pound for pound rankings, following his miraculous last-minute win against Chael Sonnen on UFC 117. Sonnen exposed the champ much like Machida got exposed by Rua. The blueprint is set, a now fighters facing Silva will look to do more of the same. Should a GSP vs Silva fight take place at some point, I think the first four rounds against Sonnen will be exactly what we see, but GSP is less likely to fall to the same choke in my opinion. In reality, Ithink such a fight will not happen for many reasons we will not go through here today.That being said, Silva is still a dominant champion, and champions always find ways to win in desperate times. Just think of Fedor Emilianenko a few years back, during his prime. When on the verge of losing, he always seemed to find a way to pull off something out of nowhere for the win. Silva showed us just that, so he can’t be counted out anytime. He still at the top of the food chain, but his more recent fight has shown a big hole in his game: the difficulty to advance position against an opponent with a strong ground game. As he goes up to lightheavyweight, there are more fighters with strong wrestling backgrounds that are as good as controlling opponents on the ground as Sonnen. Silva doesn’t seem to be able to handle wrestlers when he’s on his back and he needs to adress this weakness if he wants to be a successful lightheavyweighter. With an impressive next fight, chances are that Silva will quickly regain his top pound for pound fighter status, but right now I’d say GSP has it- at least momentarily, as Silva has lost some of his lustre and certainly lost the aura of invincibility that surrounded him. Sonnen made Silva look like a mere mortal again, a mortal with weaknesses that can exploited. Silva also got owned pretty bad standing up, actually getting dropped early on, which is something we didn’t see before.

Typeout! Volume 18

Well, here we are. Hard Knocks, Montreal. 3000 seats. Soon those seats will be filled with 2970 screaming Biobonds fans, Remi, and L Steve the H. and his crew.

As most of you know, PUSH not only features two title fights, but also the semi-finals of the GOODFELLAS BMM tournament. There are some really great fights on the card, guaranteed to be full of blazing fists, leaping chicken wheel kicks, and vaguely homoerotic grappling maneuvers. While there is no suspense regarding the outcomes of the BMM semi final fights, The other fights have some great match-ups to take a look at.

BMM 9: PUSH

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1280532881sfointhemiddle.jpg

RESULTS FOR IN THE MIDDLE (99.80 Event rating)

265+ lbs 5 Igor Tatov def Kimbo Slice via first round submission (Americana) at 04:28 265+ lbs Title

185 lbs 3 Denver Randleman def Masato Akiyama via unanimous decision

170 lbs 3 Insolce Olvo def Daigo Goto via unanimous decision

145 lbs 3 Igor Ulanov def Grayson Davis second round TKO (Punches) at 04:55

205 lbs 3 Brandon Comte Jr def Dave Schultz via unanimous decision

265 lbs 3 Frank Sigurdsson def Samuel The Rambler via first round TKO (Strikes) at 00:43

265+ lbs 3 Poppa Ping def Maurice Vachon via second round TKO (Strikes) at 03:52

205 lbs 3 Jesus Jenkins def Axel Van Dam via unanimous decision

145 lbs 3 Lucious LaFleur vs Jex Midnight (Majority Draw)

135 lbs 3 Reggie Smith def Steve Flach via unanimous decision

KO of the Night- The kickass Swede named Frank Sigurdsson wins our KO of the Night for disfiguring the face of his opponent, Samuel The Rambler. The first round began with Samuel being the aggressive fighter as he unleashed a fury of punches but missing most of the time. Sigurdsson showed great boxing skills by avoiding the punches while scoring on his own. About 30 seconds into the fight, a vicious right hook made way right to the head of Samuel that dropped him. His knees and legs were shaking as he stood up from that devastating knockdown, Samuel, moved by instinct and heart, quickly attacked Sigurdsson only to meet the right hand of Frank. He fell again and this time Sigurdsson finished him by landing heavy amount of punches and elbows. The "Shane Carwin" of SFO improved his mark to 6-0, all first round KOs and will be challenging the newly crowned heavyweight champion, Sergei Dragonov at SLAM.

Submission and Fight of the Night- "The King" Kimbo Slice and Igor Tatov battled it out for super heavyweight supremacy in their highly anticipated rematch. If you remember, this two fought to the distance at COME BACK with Kimbo barely winning against Tatov via split decision. I'll tell you none were more upset than Tatov and his camp so from then on, Tatov vowed to be back and reclaim his title instead of whining and being a loser. On the other hand, Slice proved to be no fluke as he defended his title against Andersson that paved way for this rematch.

The action was fast and furious from the bell, with the challenger being the more aggressive fighter. It seemed like we might have been in for a repeat of the first fight early on, as both fighters are slugged it out in the stand up. However,

Tatov had other plans and went on to take down Kimbo. Once on the ground, Tatov controlled the fight by pounding Slice but most of it missed. By the end of the round, Tatov did enough to win on the judges' scorecards. In the second round, It looked like Slice has settled and looked focus as he connected with his punches. Tatov sensed that he's at a disadvantage took Slice down and then worked again with his GnP this time landing fair amount of strikes. At the four minute mark of the round, Tatov successfully locked an Americana Hold, Slice tried to manuever and escape but to no avail and he was forced to tap out. Rat-a-tat victory!!

Once again, all winners will receive any 2 shirts/shorts of your choice from Marvel Combat in Montreal and $500 from SFO.

BUT wait! Biobonds is back! BIOBONDS will provide all OTN winners with a choice of any 2 items from BIOBONDS Montreal.

Thanks to all SFO fighters and keep supporting our beloved organization! CHEERS!!

- Gale Hawthorne

After a 5 round fight against Steve Tigechelar, Charles Martel acknowledges the very very granite chin of his opponent. "The guy isn't human, it's tough to knock him out! Most of my opponents wilted in the first round, but not this guy". He is looking forward to his next fight. Rumors are that he will face the new SFO bantamweight acquisition Paul Williams. Martel will be ready.

http://a.imageshack.us/img830/5417/push.png

RESULTS FOR BMM 9 SEMIS: PUSH (115.77 Event rating)

145 lbs Mike Hudson def Barry McLean via first round KO (punch) at 01:30 145 lbs title

135 lbs Charles Martel def Steve Tigechelar via unanimous decision 135 lbs title

265+ lbs Jubei Kitagami def Gim Allon via second round TKO (strikes) at 01:37

145 lbs Tekeru Kobayashi def Illac Diaz via first round TKO (strikes) at 00:43

145 lbs William The Patriot def Dexter Dream via unanimous decision

265+ lbs Avtomat Kalashnikov def Mr Terror via first round TKO (strikes) at 02:16

185 lbs Arthur Dent def Red Patricia via first round TKO (strikes) at 01:08

185 lbs Konstantin Khavin def Sumali Prasoetram via unanimous decision

185 lbs Tanchanok Prasoetram def Richard Winters via unanimous decision

185 lbs Hiroshi Sato def Kurt Wagner via first round TKO (strikes) at 00:56

KO of the Night- The award goes to Tekeru Kobayashi for his impressive knockout win against my Illac Diaz. The Japanese Tsunami and The Fallen are carbon copy of each other's skill so it all went down to the fighter with a better gameplan. The fight started with a bang when Kobayashi cut Diaz with a beautiful combination but Diaz quickly rebounded from it. It looked like Diaz was doing well avoiding Kobayashi's strikes while dishing some on his on when Boom! Kobayashi dropped Diaz with a straight left counter then finished him with a flurry of strikes. Kudos to Kobayashi for a good fight and good luck in the finals cause you'll need it. GO TEAM BIOBONDS!

Fight of the Night- Another BMM semis wins an award, this time Mr. Terror and Avtomat Kalashnikov for the Fight of the Night honors. AK-47 dominated the fight with his accurate and powerful punches both to the body and head. As a result, Mr. Terror quickly faded and was left vulnerable to the combinations of the Russian made man. By the two minute mark of the opening round, Mr. Terror went down due to a one two combo then again with a straight right hand that ended his BMM aspiration. Kalashnikov will now face another Japanese finalist in Jubei Kitagami. Wow, Japan is well represented in the BMM tournament. Good luck to both fighters!

WATCH OUT!

While we wait for the finale of the inaugural Become a Made Man tournament, I will be having a pre-fight interview for the finalists and their managers. Be sure to stay tuned!

- Gale Hawthorne

Event Profit/Loss

QUEST $ -1,142.90

BMM 9 SEMIS: PUSH $ -1,354.80

IN THE MIDDLE 2010-08-11 $ -87.16

Total Bet $ 18,904.00

Total Loss $ -2,584.86

[†CoE†]SFO Bookie (150 bet cap)

Guys did a good job-- everyone in this organization should know that I am running a bookie that gives even odds on all fights. The first three events I had the max bet cap of 250 and quite frankly was butthurt after everything was said and done. I lowered the cap down to 150 and will still provide even odds across the board. As long as I am not losing too much money, I will continue to put every SFO event on the bookie. If people are unable to bet because of the lack of funds (I only throw down 3-4 events at a time), let me know and I will lower the bet cap to $100 so everyone can participate.

The idea in mind was for people to back up their fighting words with money. I am not getting any money from SFO to do this; it really is just for a boost of our own entertainment (I can't bet on any fights, but I do see who is betting on who. Razor's first title defense has 3 people betting against him thus far. Hopefully I will be able to get rid of the cage rust before then)

The lopsided bets for the upcoming event CRUISIN' are these:

$ 1,650.00 Travis Lucas v Rodrigo Mendez $ 250.00

$ 650.00 Rashad Green v Bill Reuger $ 0.00

$ 0.00 Hozumi Hasegawa v Peeta Mellark $ 900.00

Goooooooo Mendez! (sorry Cus, even though you did name Ash Thomas after yours truly)

The lopsided bets for the upcoming event CRUISIN' are these:

$ 1,650.00 Travis Lucas v Rodrigo Mendez $ 250.00

$ 650.00 Rashad Green v Bill Reuger $ 0.00

$ 0.00 Hozumi Hasegawa v Peeta Mellark $ 900.00

Goooooooo Mendez! (sorry Cus, even though you did name Ash Thomas after yours truly)

Those are some big underdogs.

For those that don't know-- right when Cus opened his fighting organization he hired me as a writer for 6 weeks or so before firing me because I was too controversial. He was fully aware of The Terror before making a character nicknamed The Terror. Cus and I are also close friends. Another fact, he recently asked me if I could write again for his organization and I declined not because he had fired me once but because I just don't want to spend writing time on mmatycoon when I could spend it on my book.

Yeah^^ I adjusted the odds a bit (they are not retroactive)