Oprichnik FC - Official Smack Talk Thread

D

Guys, what a tremendous event! We got a 72 rating -- one of the highest in St Pete history!

We are one step closer to naming our first champs -- I'm really psyched.

Congrats to all the winners. I'll post more on this a bit later.

:D

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johanssen takes a loss in a fight I simply have to congratulate the opponent on. The gameplan was perfect as we simply couldn't tee off with the big knockout bombs and ended up rolling around on the ground, until we were submitted. Nothing we could do.

Gauchenaur twisted up an exhaused foe who, apparently, didn't rest up before the fight. The Kimora was locked on in a matter of seconds.

Sorry guys -- it's been a really busy weekend.

So Onslaught VII kicked ASS. Here's a breakdown:

Vladimir Drago v. Teddy Hartman

There was a ridiculous 13 sub attempts in this 4 minute fight, most by Mr Drago who eventually slapped on the rear naked choke to advance to the title bout.

Oleg Aschenbreaker v. Will James

This four-minute fight was all on the ground too, and while James was rocking the GNP, Oleg was trying to tie him into knots. Eight sub attempts later, the ref was raising Aschenbreaker's arm in a pretty competitive match.

Jiu Jiet Siet v. Nemanja Tosic

This one went about 10 minutes. Not a lot of striking in this one, and what little there was was done by Siet. Great ground action, especially in the second round. Both guys really good at improving their position. But in the end, JJT slapped on a guillotine that Tosic just had to tap out of.

Nikolai Drago v. Franklin Smith

This one also went about four minutes. Once again, it was all on the ground. 11 sub attempts in four minutes. Not a single strike [!!] . Although pretty evenly matched, one particularly sweet move by Drago made all the difference in the end.

So, our finals:

Drago v. Aschenbreaker

Drago v. Siet

Other notes from the event:

* No love for manager Benji Horn. Kudos for having two guys in the mini-tourneys [smith & Hartman], but bad luck having neither man advance.

* Young rick Hart at 175 lbs served notice to the OPFC by moving to 3-0 with a sub victory over the formerly 1-0 Piotr Johanssen.

* After losing a QFC against Jiu Jiet Siet, Grant Gaines is now 2-0 in the OPFC and establishing himself.

How did our guys do guessing the outcomes of the matches -- shopping sprees on the line, so here we go:

RodneyMullet picks:

205: N. Drago & Aschenbreaker

265: Tosic & Hartman

Champs: N. Drago & Hartman

2 of 4, for two points

moe picked:

205: N Drago & Aschenbreaker

265: Tosic & Hartman

Champs: Aschenbreaker & Tosic

Same exact 2 of 4, for two points.

MADMIC picked:

265: Siet & V Drago

Champs: N Drago & Siet

BINGO! Four-for-four! Give that man a cigar! Four points and pretty much unstoppable.

D [me] picked:

205: Smith & Aschenbreaker

Champs: Siet & Smith

Three out of four, for three points, but I cant win. Just did it for fun.

flutietah picked:

Champs: N Drago & Siet

Another perfect guess! Plus, Siet is his fighter, so he's looking good right now.

Tor Haraldsson had a short talk with media representatives outside his training-facility.

"I ain't gonna talk smack. I don't do that, but I can tell you that I'm gonna use Sergeis head like a basketball. Except that your not allowed to kick basketballs"

He then went inside to practice his basketballkicks.

Danny Gump is game for a fight. At 50% energy right now though. So need a few days to recover.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=10522

After our two events this weekend, we'll book some more shows.

I'm thinking, from this point forward, it's gonna be nothing but "The Underground" for our shows -- a 1,000 seat arena.

Get ready for the big time, gentlemen, cuz that's where we're headed!

:medieval:

Mr. Siet : " A lot of people question what i bring to the table. We're all new to this game so I may have held back a little just to get a feel of the other fighters." " Hopefuly I put all the doubts to rest, and I can't wait for this fight against Drago."

Oprichnik FC clears debt

Oprichnik, basking in the glow of its successful OPFC: Skirmish event, announced that they have paid off the remainder of their initial $50,000 debt.

"It's a good feeling," said OPFC boss Fyodor Romanovich. "It's just another benchmark that confirms that we are proceeding toward our ultimate goals."

When asked exactly what those goals were, Romanovich replied, "We want continuous improvement. We want to be a fight org of choice for great fighters, and we want to help those great champions realize all of their ambitions."

When asked if he had more measurable goals, Romanovich said, "Of course, of course. We have many more benchmarks to hit on our journey. But it is all about slow, steady, sustainable progress. Our next goal is to be ranked among the top 10 organizations in the world."

At the time of this publication, Oprichnik was ranked #15 with another event less than 24 hours away.

Riessig "Gimme My Money" Slade was offered and accepted his fight at OPFC: Skirmish against Kobay Gary with only ONE DAY's NOTICE, and stepped up big time with a beasty Round 1 TKO.

Riessig "Gimme My Money" Slade was offered and accepted his fight at OPFC: Skirmish against Kobay Gary with only ONE DAY's NOTICE, and stepped up big time with a beasty Round 1 TKO.

Hats off to both managers for taking the fight on such little notice. That really shouldn't happen again.

And althought two of Riessig Slade's wins were quick fights, he sits at 3-0 in the light heavyweight division and might be setting himself up for a title shot soon.

After today's event I'll recap the entire weekend's action -- there were some notable matches, to say the least.

Mr. Siet : " A lot of people question what i bring to the table. We're all new to this game so I may have held back a little just to get a feel of the other fighters." " Hopefuly I put all the doubts to rest, and I can't wait for this fight against Drago."

A big shiny belt does have a way of quieting the doubters.

One more week to go -- I hope all our contenders are ready to come in rested and put on a good show.

Boy did Burby get screwed out of his first win. He clearly won round one and barely lost round 2, he clearly was winning round three but with 1 second left he taps out on a submission. 1 second left? What a crock. :sad01_anim:

Boy did Burby get screwed out of his first win. He clearly won round one and barely lost round 2, he clearly was winning round three but with 1 second left he taps out on a submission. 1 second left? What a crock. :sad01_anim:

I've had a few bad beats myself -- I guess all you can do is hope the pendulum swings the other way once in a while, too.

BIG TITLE FIGHTS THIS WEEKEND!

I've had a few bad beats myself -- I guess all you can do is hope the pendulum swings the other way once in a while, too.

BIG TITLE FIGHTS THIS WEEKEND!

Mick : " i pushed Jiu Jiet Siet a little harder then i had hoped for this week and he is still feeling the effects as his fight nears." " Luckily he still has the skill and desire to bring a lot to the table, I'm sure it will still be an entertaining event and hopefully he will be rewarded with the title for his efforts."

Me: Damnit tho..........

AND THE NEW OPFC LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION IS NIKOLAI DRAGO!!!!

Good fight Ashenberger it truy could have gone either way.

Now the OPFC Champ is a free agent.....

Mick: "what a f$@*#&g embarrassing match that was, good job drago. hopefully a rematch will be in the future at some point."

Mick: "what a f$@*#&g embarrassing match that was, good job drago. hopefully a rematch will be in the future at some point."

Why in the world would you call that an embarrassing match? I'm disappointed Oleg lost but it was a good fight. I'm hoping for a rematch too. I truly believe I could take it given a second chance.

I don't know...I think round 3 could have gone either way...but Dmitrii wasn't going to leave it to the judges....(Hell, I can't believe it happened, I was as shocked as you were)

Renaldo: This is Renaldo Herrera with MMA Today. Today, we've got two very successful fighters from Mr. Miyagi's stable and both just happen to be contracted to Oprichnik Fight Club in St. Pete. With us, we have the ever outspoken Enrique Sandoval and Edmund Coulson. Thanks for coming onto the show gents.

Both: You're welcome.

Renaldo: Edmund, you had a successful fight a week or so ago at Onslaught VIII and are currently 3-0. How is it that we haven't heard much from you regarding this?

Edmund: To be honest mate, I'm just going out there and trying my hardest. I'm training and fighting, while letting my work speak for itself. I've never been much of a talker when it comes down to it. I just prefer to get in the ring and get the job done.

Renaldo: Well, your stablemate here is quite the opposite of you isn't he?

Edmund: Enrique's a great guy. We spar a lot at the Black Knight and help each other out in the ring. He's just more charismatic than I am.

Enrique: Joo see mang? What Enrique tell joo? Enrique knew dis Renaldo guy would bring me up and start talkin smack. Listen here Mr. Ricardo. Enrique and Edmund are tight. We train together, we spar together, we watch each others fights, and we parrrrrty together. Ain't that right amigo?

Edmund: Yes, well. Some of us party harder than the others. But yeah, we're good friends. Enrique is a great guy and he sure knows what he's doing in the ring.

Renaldo: Well, something is working. I mean you both are undefeated and are close to the top of your respective weight classes.

Enrique: **clears throat** Um, at the top esse, at the top. Enrique is clearly the class of his weight and Edmund is good too.

Renaldo: Yes, well what I was getting at is this. You're each undefeated. Has either of you been contacted about a title shot? The Drago's just won the titles in their respective divisions and they're just now 4-0. Don't you feel like you've already proven everything you need to prove?

Edmund: I think those weight classes might have a bit more draw since they're bigger than ours. They have 26 or 27 fighters while our weight divisions only have 12 to 15. These guys are heavy hitters and generate the income right now for OPFC. We'll get there. I'm sure that Mr. Romanovich will take care of whoever are the top fighters, regardless of their weight. Right now though, he has to do what's best for the organization so that we can get our paychecks.

Renaldo: Enrique, you seem to be fidgiting, you have anything to add to that?

Enrique: Enrique ain't fidgiting esse. Enrique has too much energy, joo know what I mean mang? Course Enrique wants a title fight. He is clearly the best fighter at 145 and will continue to be. Esos bromistas who just won the titles ain't nothin. Enrique is thinking about adding some pounds to move up and take one away from los Dragos. Seriously mang. Enrique could add fifty pounds and make little Nikki Drago tap out. Heck, Enrique don't even need to add the weight. Enrique could do it now.

Renaldo: So what's next for you two?

Edmund: Well, I've got a match with Kryslov at OPFC: Annihilation. The kid looks good and it should be an exciting match.

Enrique: Hehehe Si! Mi amigo here will wipe the mat with his face. Edmund will make that punk tap out!

Edmund: As you can see, my friend here is a bit excitable. But yes, I hope I can walk away with a solid victory against Kryslov. He looks good and that would mean a lot to me to come away with the win.

Renaldo: And you Enrique?

Enrique: Enrique is gonna go out and parrty tonight! Yeah baby! And Enrique is gonna talk to Señor Miyagi so he can talk to Señor Romanovich about the title. Enrique thinks he should just give it to me. I mean, there ain't no competition in this weight class. They're all scrubs. He'd be doing the inevitable if he just gave the title to Enrique.

Renaldo: Well, once again it's been a colorful interview with Enrique and Edmund. Whether you like them or not, there's no doubting that they are lighting up their respective classes. This concludes our interview and we'll see you back here again next week at MMA Today.

Why in the world would you call that an embarrassing match? I'm disappointed Oleg lost but it was a good fight. I'm hoping for a rematch too. I truly believe I could take it given a second chance.

I think Siet's manager was confused. Both fights had a guy named Drago -- he's embarassed cuz Siet got subbed within 30 seconds . . . .

I'll post much more about this guys -- been pulled in a lot of directions lately.

But, in short, CONGRATULATIONS to our first ever champions!

We're now the #1 fight org in Russia!