PRIDE - Official Smack Talk Thread

now that wardor warlovski is in his real weight class he will be unstoppable. 185 might be too easy for him...maybe we should throw him back in with the heavies, heh.

• 2 weeks later...

Richard Ramirez had this to say to his opponent following their bout : "Yoritomo came in strong, I knew he was good on the ground, but I knew he was going to be aggressive both standing and on the ground, so I just had to wait for the right time to counter with a knockout, or for him to give me a limb. My tactic was a bit off, and I televised my takedowns, but that wont happen again. Even though he was a short night for me, I still give him all the respect he deserves, and Ill have to say he has some mean kicks. I look forward to slowly making a name for myself in the org,and taking as many arms as trophies as I can"

eff mahnn says that all those who doubted him can go EFF themselves.

he'd like PRIDE to arrange a rematch with jim dangle, but he'll take whoever is given to him.

eff mahnn says that all those who doubted him can go EFF themselves.

he'd like PRIDE to arrange a rematch with jim dangle, but he'll take whoever is given to him.

Li Fen would get in there - to silence Eff Mann once and for all - for free, before the semi-finals ... because he hungry.

he also said zhe Drunken :drunk: Terror was no match for him and is looking forward to a real challenge in the semi-finals. he would also like to rub Mr. Clegane up and down to make sure hes not greased up before the fight.

man, Li is getting cocky ... i dont like it :unsure:.

Renell Regisme was asked to confirm rumours about an upcoming bout with Jonas Black:

"I've agreed to fight him at Pride 6 on the 23rd of May, he just needs to confirm, and we will fight."

How do you feel you two match up?

"I think I have the advantage, my striking is far better than his. This gives me more time to focus on my grappling and conditioning before the fight. We are competent wrestlers though, so i imagine he will try to outclass me on the ground rather than stand and trade. Either way he is at a disadvantage."

You are just coming off a loss in QFC and are 0-1, Jonas Black is also 0-1. Would you feel anymore pressure than usual to succeed if you two do end up fighting?

"Well I think it's accurate to say that whoever loses this match may find themselves released from Pride in the near future. Pride management has already informed me that they don't keep losers around for long. It's a must win situation for both of us, but only one of us will leave victorious. I plan on being that guy."

Li Fen would get in there - to silence Eff Mann once and for all - for free, before the semi-finals ... because he hungry.

he also said zhe Drunken :drunk: Terror was no match for him and is looking forward to a real challenge in the semi-finals. he would also like to rub Mr. Clegane up and down to make sure hes not greased up before the fight.

Hayatoshi said that he's focused in his fight with Osanti, but he is so confident, that he already sent some words to Li..

"Do you think your BJJ is good? Then, try to win your semifinal, I'LL win mine, and then win you by flying Gogoplata, just watch faggot!"

WOW, thats what I call confidence!

Sakutara is probably more cocky than Li Fen, its kind of having Phil Baroni vs Ken Shamrock :baaasmiley:=O

eff mahnn is ready to go in pride 4, 5 or 6. eff mahnn has no problem waiting until the gp is over to handle this unfinished business though.

he'll beat everyone else until then.

eff mahnn plans on avenging the loss of his teammate, wardor warlovski(future pride 185 pound champion). mahnn asked for this fight a long time ago and he's happy to finally get it.

work on that guard najar.

this will be the first time wardor will go into a fight completely energized and injury free. there will be no excuses...the man with the better skills and the better gameplan will win.

• 2 weeks later...

Brent "The Shooter" Malenko who is facing Static X at the upcoming PRIDE 12 - Stepping Up has been heard singing a little ditty to himself around the traps the last couple of days. I believe it goes something like "Who ate ALL the pies? Static X did! You fat bastard, you fat bastard"

Malenko clearly has doubts that Static X has been working hard enough to make the weight for their fight ...

Richard Ramirez is happy to have his first match made for the prestigious LHW GP, after getting offered Aikido JuJoKata as his first opponent, and coming in later in the day to learn that Aikido had refused to fight Richard, and apparently would rather miss out on the tourney. He had this to say " I think he made the move all of the fighters at 205 should do, just don't bother getting in the ring with me" Rookie fighter Noriyuki Nayoui manned up and took the fight, coming in with only a 1-0 record " Now that's a fighter, I'm pleased to fight the guy, he has a very impressive victory, and I know he will be coming in here to kill me. Unfortunately I have other plans for that night, but all the respect in the world to him, and best of luck"

"The first night of the GP looks like it has some exciting fights in the making, John Brown vs Magne Midgard should be a war, and am pretty interested to see who comes out of that one with the win.

Good Luck to all you 205ers, and I will see some of you in the ring!"