Server feedback

admin

Just wondering how you're all finding site speed. The server is based in the UK so interested to hear how it's performing for overseas people. It's a dedicated server so it should be doing OK - I just wanted to check if there's any lag / response time issues.

Just wondering how you're all finding site speed. The server is based in the UK so interested to hear how it's performing for overseas people. It's a dedicated server so it should be doing OK - I just wanted to check if there's any lag / response time issues.

I haven't noticed any lag issues, the site seems to moving quite smoothly so far.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Really fast for me.

I see you're one of the magic people who's forum profile works properly :D Damn, I wish I could figure that one out! If you have any clues let me know, like what link you used to first visit the forum or something like that... :)

Anyway, glad everyone's getting good response times from the server. I was thinking about stats yesterday and you lot are doing up to 6000 page views per day and there's only 60 active people. If we get up to 10,000 members, that's over half a million page views per day, so we'll see how the server holds up then! :medieval:

I see you're one of the magic people who's forum profile works properly :D Damn, I wish I could figure that one out! If you have any clues let me know, like what link you used to first visit the forum or something like that... :)

Anyway, glad everyone's getting good response times from the server. I was thinking about stats yesterday and you lot are doing up to 6000 page views per day and there's only 60 active people. If we get up to 10,000 members, that's over half a million page views per day, so we'll see how the server holds up then! :medieval:

To start with I use Google Chrome for my web browser. I know some people have problems with it but it has always worked well for me. To come to the forums I just click on the link that says forum in the menu. I have noticed sometimes it doesn't log me in automatically, and I have to try again. When I was on my wifes computer at home (she uses IE) I had a tough time getting logged into the forums. Then I just click on "My Controls". I was actually quite impressed with all of the different options available. It is a nice forum.

I also think that the page views are likely to go down as we get used to the site more. I know I am still spending a lot of time just surfing around trying to find everything. I know I am probably way over my 100 pages per day.

Yeah I can't upload an avatar or anything in the forum. That's better than not being able to get in like before heh.