• You still lose just as much prime training time regardless of how many starting points you get, so the cookers still get ahead by the same amount (in absolute numbers, relatively speaking their advantage becomes less noticeable). But as long as there is an advantage to be had the cooking will go on. What more starting points would do is shorten the timespan id orgs have. This would have some smaller negative effects like decreasing variation in the game as a higher percentage of fights will happen with maxed out builds. It would also make it even harder for id orgs to transition into open id (less time to build up hype and cash). I'm not necessarily against more starting points, just answering your question here. Whatever we change we probably have to make some trade-offs. Another option would be to keep 18yo:s as they are but increase the starting points you get for making older fighters so they get closer to where the average fighter of that age would be. But only closer, not all the way. Because you still get some other advantages here like being able to allocate your points exactly without "waste" and an uncracked chin. This may also lead to more variation rather than less as it will give us a whole set of new builds and creation tournament options to experiment with.
    • I'm still in the market for every weight but I'd love to build up my heavyweight division more so I'm putting out this advert of sorts. Any 404k+