• UCF 36: Hunter v LaFleur - Review   Main Card   Heavyweight - Isopaa Hunter (W) v Jean Francois LaFleur (L)   The Finn knocked the Frenchman out cold in the 2nd round which enabled him to increase his win streak to 13-0.    Only seconds into the 1st round, Hunter received a cut after getting caught with a nice counter right hand from LaFleur. Shortly after this Hunter decided that he should use his superior wrestling to his advantage and take the fight into the clinch. The remainder of the 1st round was spent in the clinch and this was where Isopaa inflicted most of his damage.   Early into the 2nd round LaFleur got hit with a powerful cross which rocked him, this led to him getting knocked down seconds later by yet another big right hand. Isopaa knew that Jean wasn’t going to last much longer so with all his might he threw one last right hand and knocked his opponent out cold.    Isopaa Hunter earned himself a $2000 KOTN award for his performance.   Isopaa Hunter via KO (Punch) 1:58 of round 2.   Featherweight - Gopnik Skwat (W) v Tolgot “Amarok” Tochukwu (L)   The Russian native used his superior boxing and muay thai skills to his advantage and was able to land some solid punches and kicks which helped sway the judges.   Surprisingly Skwat wasn’t afraid of going to the ground with the skilled Canadian grappler and actually attempted to pull guard 4 times, successfully doing so once.   Tochukwu over the course of the 15 minute fight attempted 9 submissions but unfortunately for him was unable to finish his opponent.   Gopnik Skwat via Unanimous Decision.   Light Heavyweight - Jab “The Dab” Buddha (W) v Henry Shorts (L)   The fight was looking promising for Shorts as he was successfully able to secure a takedown into Buddha’s guard. This was short-lived though since Buddha managed to push his feet off of Henry’s hips and quickly escape. This was the story for a majority of the 1st round.   Within seconds of the 2nd round starting Henry got himself a takedown and managed to keep his opponent on the ground for about 3 ½ minutes. Jab got himself back on his feet after he got himself a beautiful butterfly sweep and stood up. A minute later “The Dab” rocked Henry and hit him with a hard jab that ended his night just 2 seconds before the round ended!   Jab “The Dab” Buddha via KO (Punch) 4:58 of round 2. Lightweight - Caleb Jones (L) v Macho Fantastico (W) Macho ended Caleb’s 5 fight win streak to earn himself a split decision victory and the UCF lightweight Championship belt.   Caleb comfortably won the first 2 rounds on all 3  judges' score cards due to the damage he was able to inflict in the clinch. But rounds 3,4 and 5 were won by Macho after he realised what the Englishman’s tactic was.   The 2nd judge, Steven Brown had thought differently than the other 2 judges and gave Caleb a perfect 50 points on his scorecard compared to 47 points that they gave. The fight was scored 48:47, 45:50 and 48:47.   Macho Fantastico via Split Decision.   Undercard   Heavyweight - Toni “Britadeira” Camacho (W) v Boney Goat (L)   Camacho started off the 1st minute of the round quite slow but a successful takedown from Goat woke him up which led to him kicking his opponent off of him and immediately knocking him right back down with a dangerous combo.   30 seconds later Goat got clipped by a big right hand and ended up with Toni on his back, beating his face in.    Toni “Britadeira” Camacho via TKO (Strikes) 2:46 of round 1.   Heavyweight - Charles “SlamJam” Barkley (W) v “Vicious” Vitaly Volkanov (L)   Vitaly had a very hard time landing strikes with only 15 strikes landed compared to Barkley’s 102 strikes landed which ultimately secured his win.    Late in the 1st round Barkley got knocked down but survived until the end of the round. The whole of the 2nd round was spent inside the clinch but at around 3 ½ minutes into the round Volkanov got rocked and survived until the end of the round.   After a slow start to the 3rd and final round Barkley instigated a clinch and spent the rest of the round beating Volkanov and finally finished him with 1 second left on the clock via TKO.   The performance from both fighters earned them each a $2000 FOTN award.   Charles Barkley via TKO (Punches) 4:59 of round 3.   Featherweight - Dharya “The Diamond” Bhate (W) v Mateo Sierrra (L)   Bhate was the only fighter on UCF 36 to achieve a submission victory, so naturally he received a $2000 SOTN award.   As I said in my UCF 36 preview, Dharya’s black belt in BJJ will be a big factor in this fight and it was, especially because his opponent only had a purple belt.   Sierrra’s game plan in this fight was to get into the clinch and work various different punches, elbows and knees but this plan backfired on him since “The Diamond” pulled Mateo into his guard and attempted to pull of a triangle but skillfully switched to a guillotine to get the tap in the final seconds of the round.   Dharya “The Diamond” Bhate via Submission (Guillotine) 4:56 of round 1.   Heavyweight - “The Masculine Child” Lou Cabrazzi (W) v “Super” Sam Owen (L)   Early in the fight Owen used his wrestling to get a trip takedown into side control. After a reversal that took Owen to bottom side control, he quickly transitioned to half guard and the Italian stood up.    Less than a minute later Cabrazzi fired out a devastating uppercut onto the jaw on Sam which sent him to the canvas. Lou decided that he wanted to finish the kiwi in the clinch and that’s what he did… one elbow and a few strikes later the fight was over! Lou Cabrazzi via TKO (Stikes) 3:17 of round 1.   Middleweight - Enver Karacan (W) v Stephen “Rough” McGarvey (L)   The first 2 rounds of this fight were quite slow and uneventful with only small exchanges on the feet and some clinch fighting thrown into the mix as well.    Entering into the 3rd round, The Turk and Stephen both had won 1 round each. Karacan knew that he had to step up and try to finish the fight.    Late into the final round Enver taunted McGarvey saying “You’re gonna get knocked out” and immediately threw a monster of a hook that connected perfectly to McGarvey’s head, knocking him out cold!   Enver Karacan via KO (Punch) 3:57 of round 3.   Welterweight - Chester Mackintosh (L) v Bjorn “Hammer Fist” Haelfson (W)   Bjorn knew what he needed to do to win and that is exactly what he did when he entered the cage, he knew that he needed to get the fight to the ground and use his superior wrestling to keep his opponent down.    Chester didn’t have much of a chance to use his striking skills since he was on his back for a good chunk of the 15 minutes that he fought.   Bjorn “Hammer Fist” Haelfson via Unanimous Decision.  
    • Well, I knew Wang was gonna be a tough fight the second time around, he damn near twisted my leg off in our first meet & he's only gotten tougher since. This had to be the toughest fight I didn't get knocked out in, Wang was not gonna go away no matter what I did & he definitely cracked me hard, the knockdowns hurt my pride almost as much as my face. My resilience held up but I was not able to execute my gameplan, Wang beat me fair & square and if he hadn't done it by points the cut was getting bad enough the fight could have been stopped by the doc at any point if I had zigged when I shoulda zagged once more. One a piece, Congrats on the revenge.