Italscratch

Simple, dont reveal us much:

Make 5 categories

Very low -> 1-30

Low -> 31-60

Average -> 61-90

High -> 91-120

Very high (as I am at the moment) -> 121-150

After your fighter goes though 30(yes, thirty) fights you have an option when you sack him. If you want to see his hiddens you get to see 7 hiddens that clasify under before mentioned sytem. You get to know his inner stuff but he is not available as a free agent and you cant hire him anymore. In this way you could see when your fighter has gone though despite his numbers or learn what gave you the upper hand in questionable fight. 30 fights is a long run for any abuse that could come up. People could be able to see patterns and apply that learned knowledge to some other fighter; that they guess, has similar hiddens (this is manager, Tycoon game after all). And it's not like we are talking about the end of the world. After you amount quite a few losses you can guess what your fighter is made of; namely chin, confidence though morale, sometimes heart, cuts, injuries. This would only let you see more exact number but far from real thing. (Very high could be 121 but it could also be magic 150, but at least you can confirm it with some value)

Fighter is retired, all knowledge goes to his manager.

30 fights is long run, again. BUT, if he started fighting at 18 and had 6 fights per year,from the start, that would bring us 23 year old. He would mostly be project so that's 4 more years. 27 year old to sack is big decision as he is not yet prone to injuries declining and could fight more on decent level (granted, some fighters with over 30 fights are even older,30+ yrs).

Screw all that HARD work and get a glimpse at that which is most hidden? Priceless!

Bash on :P

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I can just see this being abused somehow, I'm against anything that lets you see hiddens...they're called "hiddens" for a reason, otherwise they'd be called "unlockables" or something. And do we REALLY need to know our hiddens after 30 fights? I mean if you haven't worked out that your sensational boxer with elite punches and crazy secondaries etc has only knocked one person out in his career and has only been rocked once, has pillow hands, a granite chin and probably not much intelligence (to find the knockout) then your pretty damn clueless. I've usually got my guys worked out fairly good after at the MOST 10 fights. I just can't see a benefit in people solving the game engine and stats further than they already have.

No thanks.

Not only is this too open for abuse, but if you haven't figured out your fighter's hiddens in thirty fights, you probably should be smacked upside your head.

I bet people aren't as close to knowing their hiddens as they think they are. Lol. Not saying I agree with showing hiddens, I just think out of 150 points that people couldn't guess within 20 points of half of all their established fighters hiddens. They can be very tricky and decieving.

I bet people aren't as close to knowing their hiddens as they think they are. Lol. Not saying I agree with showing hiddens, I just think out of 150 points that people couldn't guess within 20 points of half of all their established fighters hiddens. They can be very tricky and decieving.

You're right, you wouldn't know them all or anything to the last point, but you will have pretty much figured out the more (IMO) important hiddens: Chin, Ko power, heart, learning speed, intelligence and cuts. Personally, I have no problem with having a general understanding of how strong my guy is in those areas. Just my little two cents....

You're right, you wouldn't know them all or anything to the last point, but you will have pretty much figured out the more (IMO) important hiddens: Chin, Ko power, heart, learning speed, intelligence and cuts. Personally, I have no problem with having a general understanding of how strong my guy is in those areas. Just my little two cents....

Yeah, I know what you mean and I agree. If you read your fighters fights and keep track of what means what you should at least know if you have decent, good, great, terrible, etc.

I agree. You might be able to tell if someone has a chin or KO power... but I don't think knowing whether a fighter is stupid, or the combination of self confidence, big heart etc, is always so clear.

No action in this game seems to be from 1 attribute. So I highly doubt what we assume is a hidden, is just that hidden...

In other words, I think it's more complex and not so obvious.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I agree. You might be able to tell if someone has a chin or KO power... but I don't think knowing whether a fighter is stupid, or the combination of self confidence, big heart etc, is always so clear.

No action in this game seems to be from 1 attribute. So I highly doubt what we assume is a hidden, is just that hidden...

Complexity makes for a better game, imo. I, for one, would hate to know my fighters hiddens. Kind of like a detectable ninja.... what's the point?

Yea, chin and power are obvious enough but the others can be tough. I've had Bokhari for 23 fights now and I have absolutely no clue about his heart or intelligence and cut resistance I don't really know more about than that it's probably in the upper half.

As far as revealing hiddens at all, I would hate to ever see it for active fighters. For retired fighters I would find it interesting to see something on though but maybe even that would reveal too much about it.

Not only is this too open for abuse, but if you haven't figured out your fighter's hiddens in thirty fights, you probably should be smacked upside your head.

I think it would be interesting to get a look at your fighters hiddens after you retire them. As long as retired fighters couldn't be brought back to continue fighting by other managers I don't see how this could really be abused. I think it would give people a better understanding for the game to be able to see those attributes after-the-fact. I can finally see "oh yah, he really was a dumb shit and I should have sacked him 8 fights ago!" To an extent, yes you can get a "good idea" of some of your fighters hiddens, but you never really know. And things like intelligence and heart are really tough to judge, cause you don't know if your winning/loosing because of that or just because of the dice rolls.

+1 for adding an option to see hiddens and completely retire a fighter

I think this might help with fighter turnover too, I know if I was given this option I would be much more tempted to sack a few of my current fighters that i've been on the fence for a while about, just to see those attributes.

+1 for adding an option to see hiddens and completely retire a fighter

I think this might help with fighter turnover too, I know if I was given this option I would be much more tempted to sack a few of my current fighters that i've been on the fence for a while about, just to see those attributes.

I feel like this will be a big reason why it won't but should be put in place. People will sack fighters even more than they already do just in an attempt to see their hiddens for that guy. I think that's why it won't get put into effect.

Yea, chin and power are obvious enough but the others can be tough. I've had Bokhari for 23 fights now and I have absolutely no clue about his heart or intelligence and cut resistance I don't really know more about than that it's probably in the upper half.

As far as revealing hiddens at all, I would hate to ever see it for active fighters. For retired fighters I would find it interesting to see something on though but maybe even that would reveal too much about it.

I would like to see some of my long term guys once they retire... but as someome else said, people would be sacking fighters constantly to try to get a leg up on the info from hiddens.

What might be interesting is

- after every 10-20 or some number of fights, you get a clue about a hidden.

For example:

After 10 fights, you get a message (similar to the messages we get now)

like-

Smith is extremely cocky. meaning, high self confidence.

or

Smith is stupid

there could be 7 or 8 messages for each attribute so we could eventually map them out and get a vague idea of someone's hiddens, without giving too much away or be open to easy exploitation.