ONI - Osaka Niten Ichi (Smacktalk Thread)

Eveas

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rikki Tavi had this to say on his upcoming match with Dante Killza:

I think Dante Killza is my biggest test to date and I think he's a great first match for me within the ranks of ONI. I've certainly never faced anybody with the striking background of Killza.

I think this fight will come down to who can control the tempo of the fight and I just don't think Dante Killza can do it. He's never faced anybody like me before either.

My game plan is simple: I'm going to hound him and I'm going to push the pace and try to break him. If there's ever a second of rest for Dante Killza, it means I'm doing something wrong.

Nick "Def" Eat about his match against Radiofri "Machine" Rossco.

I think it will become a slugger fest who will be the better fighter.

I will drain all the oil out of the Machine and make it break down.

• 2 weeks later...

Antonio Luis Leonardo at the post-fight interview:

"Rapid was a great opponent for me, he really knows how to use his footwork and avoid getting hit. I knew he would come in more experienced than me on the feet so I had to be the more aggressive fighter. I also knew if he got me down, he would destroy me with his Brazilian Jujitsu so I couldn't let him get a hold on me. I have nothing but respect for this man! Mama! I'm bringing home a steak dinner! Start the oven!"

Rikki Tavi had this to say on his upcoming match with Dante Killza:

I think Dante Killza is my biggest test to date and I think he's a great first match for me within the ranks of ONI. I've certainly never faced anybody with the striking background of Killza.

I think this fight will come down to who can control the tempo of the fight and I just don't think Dante Killza can do it. He's never faced anybody like me before either.

My game plan is simple: I'm going to hound him and I'm going to push the pace and try to break him. If there's ever a second of rest for Dante Killza, it means I'm doing something wrong.

After the match up, where the primary stats showed a disadvantage for Killza, Dante had some powerful words to say about his fight:

'I came, I soared, I conquered'

Rikki Tavi appears for the interview with a gash over one eye and a lump over the other and answers the interviewer's questions.

"Rikki you're obviously disappointed in your loss tonight. What went wrong in your mind?"

Rikki smiles, "I got my ass whupped. No but really, the game plan seemed to be working. I foolishly changed from my original game plan which was to just smother him in the clinch and peg him with shots. I've been doing extensive ground training with coach Luther Witt and I was hoping to try my ground and pound techniques out."

"What do you think of opponent Dante Killza?"

"Well honestly he's still a one dimensional striker with an obvious skill in keeping the fight standing. My bread and butter is my Greco training and I should have stayed with that rather than trying to take him down. It's common for strikers to focus extensively on staying on their feet before they get into an MMA bout and I should have calculated that into my plan. I think Dante is a talented kid and he sure hits very hard for a light-heavyweight."

"What's going through your mind tonight?"

"Well I was hoping to get a shot at the man they call "Weedman". He's currently the light-heavyweight champion and I feel like I have a good chance of knocking him out. This loss doesn't really help me get to him though so it's back to the drawing board."

"One last question: what's next for Rikki Tavi?"

"I'll take whatever fight the think-tank of Osaka Niten Ichi offers me but I want to fight a top contender. I want to fight the best. Me against the Krazie Horse would be fight of the night I think but I'll obviously need to get back on the winning track before that happens. Whatever the future holds, I'm still here."

Rikki Tavi hugs the interviewer and taps knuckles with a fan as he grabs his bag and heads to the fighter shuttle to take him back to his hotel room on the outskirts of Tokyo.

"Well that was fighter Rikki Tavi discussing his recent defeat at the hands of the fearsome striker Dante Killza."

Nick "Def"Eat what did you think of your fight against the machine?

It was a tuf fight i think my stamina saved me at the end. Respect for the machine.

Your next fight against will be against "The PacBoy" Roi Vincent Eli.

What are the changes for you to pull out a victory there?

This will be a hard fight a boxer and thaiboxer combination and a more experienced fighter.

I will give it my all and i will bring a good fight.

Big news on the ONI front.

ONI 11 - Bone vs Bone Crusher

Our headline fight for ONI 12 "Bone vs Bone Crusher" has fallen through. (I know. Catchy title.) Bone Crusher had to pull out. He had been working on a B-grade movie this summer based on an old 80's TV series and felt he did not have adequate time to train for the fight as a result. Tito Ortiz was unavailable to fill in due to back pains, neck surgery, and ongoing litigation for beating Jenna Jameson. ONI president, Kojiro Sasake, said he has not decided who will get the next 205 title shot, but Crazy Bone will have a challenger before the June 26 event. Possible replacements include Max Factor, Waltari Suokuokka, and San Cou who all fight Jun 6. ONI 9 could be the biggest night of these guys lives, because their performance could decide who gets that title shot against the ONI 205 champion Crazy Bone.

ONI Fighter Season 1 - Super Heavyweights

Prospective super heavyweights have been shoved into a cramped house fighting it out for weeks until only a few remained. These fighters will make their debut June 19 at the season finally. Yes, ONI now has a 265+ division!!!!

Big news on the ONI front. Our headline fight for ONI 12 "Bone vs Bone Crusher" has fallen through. (I know. Catchy title.) Bone Crusher had to pull out. He had been working on a B-grade movie this summer based on an old 80's TV series and felt he did not have adequate time to train for the fight as a result.

Oh!! man... Whatta :toot: is this?? My cousin decline the match and not me!! Ok! Just send me again the fight offer to see this :toot: KRAYZIE BONE who is bum.

PS: This is my cousin's account and laptop. I'll talk to you KOJIRO SASAKI after i get home. I'm here from other town in Manila and i'm not using my computer and i cannot log-in my account.

Oh!! man... Whatta :toot: is this?? My cousin decline the match and not me!! Ok! Just send me again the fight offer to see this :toot: KRAYZIE BONE who is bum.

PS: This is my cousin's account and laptop. I'll talk to you KOJIRO SASAKI after i get home. I'm here from other town in Manila and i'm not using my computer and i cannot log-in my account.

Hehe, WOOT! The fight is on. I'll re-send the fight offer. You have to admit, with a title fight like that the advertising just writes itself. :training2:

Ico Hakuza calls out Rodel Hiligaynon and Rick James.

Ico had the following to say after his recent QFC victory:

"I just inked a contract with the ONI fight organization and I am looking for my first fight on the roster. Both Rodel and Rick offer would offer a challenge in my debut, but I am confident in my abilities. I feel blessed to have been given the opportunity to fight for ONI and I plan to make the most of my time on their roster. If either Rodel or Rick steps up to the plate, I am more than capable of knocking both of them off. I hope that Kojiro will make the right decision and get the paperwork started right away. Coming off of a win, I can't wait to get back in the cage and fight again! I feel better than ever and I'm ready to start climbing the ranks of the 135 lbs division. A couple more wins under my belt, and I feel that I will have made enough of a name for myself to start being mentioned in the running for the title. As we all know, getting the "gold" is the goal for any fighter, and I am no different. Rodel and Rick, if you are listening it's time to put your name on the line and be men! Whoever it is, be prepared! "The Ice Pick" isn't here to play around."

Strong words from the up and comer. I guess there's not much left to be said. He seems ready, willing, and able to take on any challenger as he enters ONI. The only question that remains is which fighter will take the bait and sign up to face off against Hakuza? I'm sure we will soon find out...

In response to the challenge by Ico Hakuza Kojiro Sasake had this reply, "Normally to advance your career it is better to go after the highest ranked fighters you can. In this case, of the fighters that will be available after tomorrow that would be Rick James. I am scheduling them to fight at ONI 12 Bone vs Bone Crusher." So far Rick James has been unavailable for comment. For this fight a little boxing sparring could go a long way for James. He has the time, and from experience this reporter knows how big a leap that can give him at his levels.

In recent news...

ONI Gambling

ONI Bets has formed an alliance with the org Kings of Fighting. Both ONI and KoF are members of MMA Brazil and located in Tokyo. As a result the ONI bookie will now be named "[MMABR] ONI/KoF Bets". All future ONI events and KoF events will have odds given on them a minimum of 1 week in advance after ONI 9 is completed tonight. ONI 9 must be completed first, because ONI Bets is capped on the number of events they are allowed to offer odds on. Previously, offering odds on only 1 org allowed them to post well in advance. Now that odds will only be 1 week in advance this allows both orgs to be covered with room to spare.

[MMABR] SOLID Nutritional

SOLID Nutritional is the newest partner to work with ONI. They are an upstart supplement company whose research is well funded. The 1st shipment should arrive any day and will be 154 quality and very affordable. In the near future they plan to improve even more. Kojiro Sasake has stated he will give them money from time to time to be used for sponsorships. The fighters will benefit from increased hype as sales increase. SOLID will benefit from increased hype as the fighter wins. Plus, the fighter gets a bit of extra spending money. SOLID is also a member of MMA Brazil.

Koffin Inc.

Koffin Inc. Is one of the top clothing stores in London and has some of the cheapest prices around. I mean insanely cheap. Kojiro Sasake actually asked them to charge more, and they refused. They have been offering sponsorships to some of our fighters and giving the official ONI t-shirt which they designed to any fighter that wins an "of the night" award. This is on top of the normal fight bonuses. Cheap prices. High quality. ONI logo. How can you go wrong?

An interviewer from a local fight magazine caught up with Christian Wesley in a club after his fight with San Cou:

Interviewer: Christian, thanks for talking with us. How are you feeling tonight?

Wesley: I'm doing okay. San Cou is a tough kid, he had me reeling in the first round but as soon as I got into my groove.. that's where the trouble started for me.

Interviewer: What trouble is that?

Wesley: Well he bruised my knuckles up pretty bad, man. I didn't realize his head was carved out of a cinder block. If there's a rematch, I'm definitely going to the body next time to save my hands.

Interviewer: What did you think of the ref's slow response time on jumping in?

Wesley: The dude was flopping around like Rashad Evans with wild eyes and the referee decides he wants to see me hit him a few more times? I probably busted my knuckles trying to finish him against the fence like that.

Interviewer: What comes next for you then?

Wesley: Well my immediate goal is to party my ass off here. I'm down at the club with my boy Rikki Tavi who has a fight coming up on the 20th. You know he's going to beat that Oliveira dude to death. I'll personally see to it.

Interviewer: Okay but who do you see yourself facing next?

Wesley: Nothing is signed yet but I'm looking at a few guys that are top contenders right now. I'd love to get my hands on the Krazie Horse and find out what his head's made out of. Expect more knockouts though, whoever they offer me.

Interviewer: Okay thanks for stopping to chat with us Chri-

Wesley grabs the mic: I'd like to give a shout out to my boys over at Koffin Clothing, give them some love if you need a new look! Now it's time for me to find a little honey here in the club and show her the rear naked.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1275270329ONI9.jpg

ONI 9 ranked as the most hyped event ever produced by ONI. The undercard was especially exciting. ONI moved from 10th place to 6th place in Tokyo. Can they hold steady? We will see. Naoki Fujii was able to submit BJ Powers to become the new lightweight champion. BJ got the early takedown, and both fighters were about even on the ground with transition attempts/successes and sub attempts. But, in BJJ the 1st one to land wins. BJ Powers is scheduled to fight Soral Punkass next. Soral came out on top in the co-main event against Yoshi Kazuya with a huge head kick about 1 minute into the 1st round. The fans were on their feet for that one.

Daisuke Yamamoto beat all odds with a submission victory in the third round to end his career. He had gone free agent before the fight and completed his final contracted fight in style. Chung Kim and Waltari Suokuokka both won for the right to fight each other as the main event for ONI 13. The winner will become the number one contender for the light heavyweight title and go on to face the champion. Will they be facing Krazie Bone or Bone Crusher? Check out ONI 12 to find out. The fight award bonus has been increased from $1000 to $1500. Here are this weeks winners.

Fight of the night: Daisuke Yamamoto vs Mario Prezime

KO of the night: Christian Wesley

Sub of the night: Forza Gr

Be sure to check out the odds for ONI 10 at [MMABR] ONI/KoF Bets.

Reporter: So guys i'm here at Grappling Pro Fitness, and were about to get an interview with an upcoming fighter

Reporter: Some of ya most be wondering who getting interview?.................................TONY LASE is the person we are interviewing for today session

Tony: Sup guys, im glad i can get an interview with you dudes/dudies

Reporter: No problem, but since this is a interview Tony i'm going to ask you a few question, how that sound?

Tony: Iight go head

Reporter: So Tony we all know you have some strong kick's and knee's, but how are you going to handle your next fight?

Tony: Well, hopefully we stand since iIfeel that I have the edge when we comes to my hands and legs

Reporter: I see..... :baaasmiley: well, any ways your upcoming fighter is going to be against Ver Kittenhoven who you fought last time and won in a dominating fashion........the really question is what do you think he will do we he's fighting you?

Tony: From what I know he shouldn't stand toe 2 toe if he caugh my drift. I mean if the fight goes to ground he have the edge but that is if he can keep me there cause the last time we fought he decide to stand and i :suicide_anim: ROCK HIS DOME

Reporter: Thank you for answering a couple and thanks for the interview, if you have any last words go headed and say them

Tony: Will i got to thank my manger Chris Khan and my home boys AT GRAPPLING PRO FITNESS

Here it is, guys. Feel free to call out your opponents, or chat about anything.

Hey guys its Krayzie Bone here. Just wanted to tell everyone that Im winning my fight against Bone "The decliner" Crusher. I know that and he knows that. And hopefully now you guys know that. He actually declined the fight first for some very odd resons. Lol someting like aliens kidnapped him and logged on to mmatycoon and decline all his fight offers. Someting like that, in his own words. I dont want any fans losing money on this fight thats why Im telling you this.

So now everyone know what a coward The Decliner is and I cant wait to F*** him up. Gonna go train now..Pez

Thanks for tuning in folks. Once again this is Justin Cider here for MMAHead Radio. Big guest coming in studio right now we have Kong Su han entering at the moment, he's here to do some hype for his next fight which is against former Champ Jon Hardy.

Justin : Welcome Kong, may I call you Kong?

Suhan : Whatever floats your boat Justin.

Justin : All right then, well Kong you are entering the ring against a former World Champion give us your thoughts on how this fight goes down.

Suhan : Umm yeah well I'm gonna go in there and beat the guy up, I mean that's my job and I think I proved in my KOTN performance in my last bout I'm here to make an impact. I just want to thank all the guys up there at ONI for giving me this shot I won't disappoint.

Justin : We're sure you won't. Can you give us any insight on your gameplan going into the Hardy fight?

Suhan : You want me to tell you my gameplan on national radio?

Justin : Pretty much yup.

Suhan : Well I can't give you everything, but let's just say I don't plan on doing things the same as in my last fight. Hardy has a sub weakness it seems after his loss in his last fight.....

Justin : You mean in his last title defense, which he lost, and happened to be his first loss.

Suhan : Yeah that one, you can really point out the obvious there genius! Can we talk MMA or do you even know what that is?

Justin : Sorry Kong, I'm a little off my game today just found out my girlfriends preggo last night, and let's just say the wife ain't to happy about that! Anyway do you have anything you would like to say to Hardy leading up to this fight?

Suhan : I hope you come in shape, and ready to get beatdown. I'm gunning for that title, and beating Hardy only proves my place in the Company. I respect his ability, but this is my time and I intend to make the most of it!

Thanks for tuning in folks, I have to cut the broadcast short today. Apparently my wife is on her way over here, and she found the keys to my gun safe. This is Justin Cider signing off, hopefully I'll be right back here tomorrow.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1275456186ONI10.jpg

We are coming down to the final hours before ONI 10. [MMABR] ONI/KoF Bets has all the odds for this event. [MMABR] SOLID Nutritional has your fix on the latest in performance enhancing drugs for the best prices in Tokyo. This looks to be an exciting event, so good luck to everyone.

ONI 10 - Vengeance

Main Event

145 lbs Anderson Edgar v Axl Aoki 145 lbs title

Co-Main Events

265 lbs John Melton v Shikato Hiruko

205 lbs Bob Jr Cute Fluffy Bunny v Jay Yap

Undercard

185 lbs Helmy Abu Basha v Da Baller

135 lbs Preston Schmidli v Jimmy Joe

185 lbs mphammad papu v Jesse Custer

Preliminaries

205 lbs Tetsuzan Yamashi v Thiago Mendes

265 lbs Roy Nelson v Marques Jackson

145 lbs Steve Aoki v Geno Martinez

265 lbs Tino Headman v Kazuo Fujita

Hey whats up there ONI fighters! This is newcomer DESTROYER OF WORLDS here for no reason whatsoever other than to introduce myself as a new heavyweight, and to drop some knowledge on the upcoming featherweight title fight between Anderson Edgar and Axl Aoki.

I see myself as a Frank Mir type of fighter. Not in the sense that I will melt before your eyes if you apply heavy punches, but in the sense that I love MMA journalism, and I see myself as a great color commentator.

This is guerilla journalism at its best and in this free country we can say whatever we want so I plan on doing so quite often. At gunpoint if need be so let's keep this non-violent for now, as I like my new position in the heavyweight division and don't want to spend time in the slammer...but I will do whatever it takes to make you listen, so let's do this the easy way.

The featherweight title is on the line tonight when Anderson Edgar defends his featherweight gold against Axl Aoki. This is the main event of the evening so make sure you have all of your snacks and drinks at your seat, cause you don't want to miss the grappling clinic we are sure to see tonight. Both of these guys are great on the ground and at 145 pounds the action is going to be fast-paced. Both of these guys are currently the best in this new ONI division even if some other fighters claim otherwise. Both of these guys have the heart (and chin) of a champion, but the one they call Anderson Edgar is the only one who can truly be called a champion and he has the gold belt to prove it.

Axl Aoki is a Brazilian Ju-Jitsu ace who has gained his purple belt in only a short time. With a 2-0 record many could say we haven't seen Aoki's best performance yet because this young grappler just arrived here at ONI fight night 3 when we seen him submit Martinez with a terribly vicious kneebar. This guy knows how to stay busy on the bottom and will really make you work for anything and everything. While you look to advance position, Aoki will catch you slipping and make you pay BIG. It's like he is just playing with you to go through the motions, then slaps on a sub from any direction he wants to, making you tap furiously. Furthermore, if you manage to keep it standing with the guy his chin is so solid it may not matter. Look for Aoki to try subs from the bottom or the top. I think he is just as good in both positions.

Anderson Edgar. The 145 pound champion. Newly crowned after his first round destruction of then champion Jon Hardy, Anderson is looking to defend his title for the first time. The champ has a blue belt so he knows how to twist your arm out of socket with ease. He stays busy and aggressive in both top and bottom positions. Boasting a 4-1 record coming into this fight Edgar came to us at ONI fight night 1, beating McArthur by RNC. He has never been past the second round in his career because he has never needed any more time to beat you. Just like Aoki, Edgar has a rock solid chin so even if you manage to sprawl out and keep him on his feet, it means nothing. This guy has all the momentum in this fight and he stays so busy most opponents are overwhelmed.

I look for the title to change hands in this fight. Hate me if you must, I think Aoki's purple belt will outweigh the champion's blue belt. Edgar is a great fighter so, he may suprise us all with something slick and keep his title, but I think old-fashioned grappling will prevail here with Aoki taking the win.

This is DESTROYER OF WORLDS here letting you know what the low-down is in tonight's main event. Right or wrong, I will see you again soon!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1275456186ONI10.jpg

ONI 10

For those who fought hard and tried their best good work. There was an issue with the main event involving a fighter gaining weight. Since they are no longer physically capable of making 145 I gave a second chance and moved them to 155. I trust it was legitimately a new fighter error and he knows now how to properly maintain weight.

To everyone else, great job. You all came in with full energy and put on a show. Roy Nelson showed some great Cobra Kai Jiu-Jitsu and managed to choke out Marques Jackson with a triangle. Shikato Hiruko succeeded in his ONI debut against John Melton by way of Kimura. Jimmie Joe pulled out a nice UD while styling the official ONI tee shirt. The man knows how to dress and win. Helmy Abu Basha got the only KO of the night over Da Baller. The submission experts were out tonight.

Next weekend ONI will be hosting 2 events. They are both stacked cards. It should be a good week of fighting. Saturday will introduce the latest crop of fighters to join ONI at the super heavyweight division. Good luck to all involved.