Aging

ajperok

Was it ever decided at what point fighters will start to decline?

Or will newer fighters simply always be inferior to those created first?

Fighters created first aren't superior, they grew up in far poorer conditions than fighters now. Less was known and less could be done.

This game is designed to be played over years so I would not think fighters would start to get worse until their mid 30's as this is supposed to be a simulation. As you progress in the game, fighters will get better and it may take time but the quality of competition you can face will raise.

There is no reason for aging to come in for 18 months or so.

Fighters created first aren't superior, they grew up in far poorer conditions than fighters now. Less was known and less could be done.

This game is designed to be played over years so I would not think fighters would start to get worse until their mid 30's as this is supposed to be a simulation. As you progress in the game, fighters will get better and it may take time but the quality of competition you can face will raise.

There is no reason for aging to come in for 18 months or so.

If fighters "created first aren't superior" then why are 6 of the top P4P ranked fighters have a creation ID under 1000? and only 2 have a creation ID over 12,000? I would say that for the most part the fighters created earlier have a rather large advantage - and since we don't get permanent injuries or have aging effects - They will always have this advantage.

Furthurmore-

If it's suppose to be a "simulation"... fighters can't simply train to they are considered ELITE in every possible catagory- which would be the path we are headed. By the age of 28 or 29 I imagine every fighter should be elite (15) in all 4 fighting styles, as well as most of their skill and physicals. By their early 30's for sure. How is that an accurate simulation?

If fighters "created first aren't superior" then why are 6 of the top P4P ranked fighters have a creation ID under 1000? and only 2 have a creation ID over 12,000? I would say that for the most part the fighters created earlier have a rather large advantage - and since we don't get permanent injuries or have aging effects - They will always have this advantage.

?

Only 2 of the top 10 p4p have a creation ID under a 1000

Although older fighters who were around to take advantage of continuous sparring before it got nerfed definitely have an advantage

Maybe because they've generally had more fights, more time to train and fought better competition? Why do people who are older than you finish school earlier?

Maybe because they've generally had more fights, more time to train and fought better competition? Why do people who are older than you finish school earlier?

Exactly.

Sure they finish school earlier. Does that mean that Tank Abbot can beat every fighter under the age of 30's ass? By your theory it should, right? After all he has been training longer, fought more competition and whatever else you said.

It is really naive to think an 80,000 creation ID will EVER be able to compete with someone created a year ago if we don't have some sort of aging or cap on skill points?

Sounds to me like you probably have some older fighters and are more worried about preserving their advantage, then the integrity of the SIM in the future.

and I meant to say under 10,000-

Jigoro "Mollywhop" Kane [ 1357 ]

Jesus "Chuey" Gonzalez [ 3311 ]

Pete Doherty [ 6906 ]

Johnny "Superstar" Cage [ 400 ]

Apollo "King of Sting" Creed [ 501 ]

"The Irritable Injun" Bubba KillsInWater [ 10357 ]

regardless the discussion isn't if trainer longer should be an advantage, the point is "it's not a permanent advantage". Nor should fighters be able to achieve (15's) across the board in every catagorie, which is the inevitable "no aging" end.

Sure they finish school earlier. Does that mean that Tank Abbot can beat everyone under the age of 30's ass? By your theory it should, right?

Are you really so naive to think an 80,000 creation ID will EVER be able to compete with someone created a year ago if we don't have some sort of aging or cap on skill points?

Sounds to me like you probably have some older fighters and are more worried about preserving their advantage, then the integrity of the SIM in the future.

+1

there needs to absolutely be a cap on skill points...i.e. no matter how long chris leben trains he will never be up to par with anderson dickhead silva

+1

there needs to absolutely be a cap on skill points...i.e. no matter how long chris leben trains he will never be up to par with anderson dickhead silva

Its only the cream that rise to the top. Those guys are in the top ten are the best of the first 20000 guys. These are the Anderson Silva's of the game.

I am very confident that patience will see new great fighters, but there will always be a certain amount of haves and have nots.

Furthurmore-

If it's suppose to be a "simulation"... fighters can't simply train to they are considered ELITE in every possible catagory- which would be the path we are headed. By the age of 28 or 29 I imagine every fighter should be elite (15) in all 4 fighting styles, as well as most of their skill and physicals. By their early 30's for sure. How is that an accurate simulation?

Newsflash: there will always be someone better (or better off) than you. Deal with it or kill yourself.

My oldest fighter ID is +19000

I don't bitch that he gets beaten by younger OR older guys.

Getting beat is part of the game.

- the oldest fighters are 26-27, no one is 29- thats why they aren't on top of the list. And if there were 29 year olds and no age-decline was implemented, then we would already behind, or are you now going to claim the physiology of a 29 year old thats been fighting MMA for 7 years is the same as a 22 year old?

YB Sol is 29 and there's probably a couple of more

See you are the typical homo-phobic punk who has no absolutely no class, nor the capability to communicate with any type of dignity. How old are you 14, 15 ? You talk all ghetto tough behind your keyboard, but I have a feeling you would never speak to anyone like that face to face.

In fact, I doubt you have ever even competed in any type of sport, certainly not a MMA competition of any type. Those of us that actually have are a lot more respectful to others than you.

What was that vulgar 5,6 gay insults? Thats pretty clever.... for a person with an avatar of another guy deepthroating a banana?

When you actually kiss your first girl (if that is your taste, I mean girls) hopefully you lose some of that gay rage.

Since I won't ever be able to meet you in public, where I would very much enjoy issuing this challenge. Just let me know when/where you want to create a fighter on the same day, I'll put 50K out to shut your mouth. It should be an easy match for you, since after all you are the master of "MMA Sliders" and I am just some whining noob. Until then, stay off my posts- I'm not going to get into some pissing match with a little internet bad-ass everytime I have a discussion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the record to anyone else who was in this discussion before it was hijacked by "gay insult man", I see guys are 29, that seem not too impressive. I still think there should be a concern of what these current crop of fighters will look like when they are older. And aging should be implemented, people don't just "fall behind" for some "magical reason. No one should be a 15 in all 4 fighting styles. It simply doesn't exist, and we have a few guys on there way.

I'll come back to this post in about 18 months, and it will be a more serious discussion when we look at 30-31 year old fighters.

AND FOR ANYONE WHO HAD TO READ THAT WORTHLESS DIATRIBE, I APOLOGIZE. I TRY NOT TO GET DRAWN INTO CONVERSATIONS LIKE THAT. IT HAS NO PLACE ANYWHERE, ESPECIALLY IN A GAME WHERE 13 YEAR OLDS COULD BE PLAYING.

For the record, I'm not telling you anything I wouldn't say to your face, and yes, I have competed in sports. This is way out of character for me, and I apologize. I really do. The avatar was part of some pre-fight trash talk. I found the picture so amusing (it's ragging on me) that I decided to use it.

I might have read your first couple of posts wrong, and I got the impression that you were being a condescending asshole, which is why I lashed out at you. The post above, though, made it fairly clear to me that I had insulted a fairly innocent person, and I apologize for that too.

I'm out of money at the moment, so I can't buy any additional slots. I don't have 50k either (as my public gym is eating all my income), but I'd certainly love to do it. I'll see if I can scrape together the 50k in tycoon cash, and if I do (even though I really doubt it at the moment, as I'm working my ass off to make my gym give people not in private gyms a good alternative), I'll get back to you for sure. At times, I have to launder money from my fighters to keep my gym floating, as I'm running at a loss at the moment.

Fair enough, I guess I got out of hand. It has been a shitty couple of days, and I apologize for taking it out on the forums. I got way out of hand, and it's certainly out of character. Again, I apologize, and will try to behave properly from now on. Now, back to the discussion:

As far as we know, learning slows down considerably when your fighters get 25-26. I can't back it up with any numbers, but in my experience, at the very least, learning slows down considerably after a couple of in-game years. Most 29-year-old fighters look rather underwhelming, but that can be chalked down to several things; worse training being one of them. Older fighters certainly don't improve very fast, though, and the newer batch of fighters that follow them will peak out after a couple of ingame years. I doubt training will improve much more in the future (except for better sparring partners) unless Mike changes the training engine, so I think the monster projects we're seeing now will be way more common in a year or so. As training gets exponentially slower when you reach a certain point (about wonderful or so), I sincerely doubt that we'll see a lot of quad-elites with good secondaries and physicals. Of course, we'll see superior fighters ingame to what we see in real life, but that's part of it being a game; ten years to a BJJ black belt, for example, would be a test in patience most people wouldn't stand in a video game. Mike has said that he's working on having injuries affect stuff and implementing doctors, so I'm guessing we'll see injuries playing a much bigger role fairly soon. The stat decay probably starts in the early thirties, but we really don't know yet as it hasn't been implemented.

Once again, I apologize for my behavior.

Like I said privately, you were right more than you were wrong. I'm deleting my worthless comments from the discussion.

I just wanted to explain, I wasn't worried about not winning or whining about something. I just really like the game, and didn't want to see a day when it was 15's across the board for every 30 year old fighter.

Here's the thing. Look at that top ten p4p. Now look at who they were beating before that. Wow, even older guys? YB Sol used to be the top guy in the game, his id is two digits or something, he had a huge head start, Jesus Gonzalez caught up to him and messed him up. Someone will catch up to Jesus, I'm guessing sooner rather than later by the look of his primaries. With better training and better supps, projects today are surpassing the experienced guys in skills all the time. There are ten projects out there who have each of the p4p's number, and they are all substantially younger, so are only going to get better. This game is evolving.