Define a great ORG

Blitz in Hilo.

Owners who care more about generating good competition within its ranks than they do the orgs rank it self or the money generated , the amount of money they have invested back into their city and fighters simply fantastic, ontop of that they are active and keep things fun , as a former member of the org i can say to date it is the very best org i have had the pleasure to be involved with and its the standard i hold my own org towards as we continue to grow and expand.

Blitz realy does set the standard for what a great org should be trying to do. Shiv, Matty, Josh, Lucky, top lads.

I've always felt, and tried to implement, a situation where the fighters/managers - and their well-being - came first and foremost above the org's was the recipe of a great org. A place where, whether I was the best fighter or the worst fighter, the org owner(s) knew me and could discuss what was next in-store for my fighter. A place where I could tell the org owner was actively trying to bring in fighters (and create matchups) to improve the fighter's positioning in the the P4P rankings. An org where I didn't feel like shows/events were being scheduled just to put more money in the owner's pockets, but because he/she really wanted to give the fighters the chance to see their names on P4P lists.

The fluff, as I call it, like reviews, previews, and posters is nice, but I can be a great org without it or a horrible org with it. Its really about the personal relationships for me.

Blitz in Hilo.

Owners who care more about generating good competition within its ranks than they do the orgs rank it self or the money generated , the amount of money they have invested back into their city and fighters simply fantastic, ontop of that they are active and keep things fun , as a former member of the org i can say to date it is the very best org i have had the pleasure to be involved with and its the standard i hold my own org towards as we continue to grow and expand.

Blitz realy does set the standard for what a great org should be trying to do. Shiv, Matty, Josh, Lucky, top lads.

Very kind.

How about we keep this thread free from name dropping.

Sorry i figured that was what you were going for with the question, but i see now your looking for more of a list of factors that make up a great org as opposed to a review of an existing one.

I appreciate

pre/post event write ups

smack talk threads

tournaments

cross promotions

regular fights

training time when needed

responses to PMs

posters on the event page

Pretty much quality writeups and gay jokes.

Quite frankly there's only one good org in this game.

What he said plus..... Pictures of Neil Patrick Harris.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/defamer/2008/08/neil_patrick_harris4.jpg

I appreciate

pre/post event write ups

smack talk threads

tournaments

cross promotions

regular fights

responses to PMs

Same for me, although for some reason most my guys are in orgs without write ups despite me being a big fan of them.

This:

I appreciate

pre/post event write ups

smack talk threads

tournaments

cross promotions

regular fights

responses to PMs

I would add fair fights being offered ...

Org owner not being a douche ...

Same for me, although for some reason most my guys are in orgs without write ups despite me being a big fan of them.

I think its just hard to find a consistent long term writer. I have signed with several orgs who used to have writers but have since lost them, which is sad.

I think its just hard to find a consistent long term writer. I have signed with several orgs who used to have writers but have since lost them, which is sad.

I agree. I was a writer for a while & its easy to burn out. Not because your enthusiasm for the job wanes, but because it's really difficult to write original copy 4-6 times a month for any length of time. My suggestion to my old employer was to consider platooning writers so we could each get a break every once in a while. If you have the resources, it should improve your ability to keep your writers happy.

Also:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2eq811c.jpg

I'll admit that I am surprised so many people rank hiring someone to do posters and write-ups so high, but few mention how much of the revenue goes to fighters, the level of competition (and spread from top to bottom...are a few old fighters dominating a bunch of noobs for instance), how fighters are handled etc doesn't seem to be much of a priority with most folks. Good to know I guess.

For me personally, its about competition and commitment.

There's no fun being in an org where you know you dominate everyone else, I like being in an org where there's stiff competition floating around to make everything interesting. I also like to see the owner's commit to the org and this is visible through the amount of interactions with you and things like reviews and such.

In terms of reviews though, I don't care much either way though I do like reading up on my fighters if they exist. Also, small thing but I really don't like orgs who don't do the new FOTN/KOTN/SOTN awards. I don't care if its for $1 but its good to see your fighter getting some for all the hard work they put in :P

Blitz in Hilo.

Thank you very much, we try our best.

1. Being able to have the desired amount of training time between fights

2. Relaxed owner, easy to get along with, and accessible

3. Good competition, but balanced match ups

4. Professional presentation

5. Post-fight write ups

6. Good money

7. Semi-frequently in-game mass messages, state of the org type deals