New Av's

TK

I'd love to see a bunch more new av's available.

Sure, we already have 41 pages of them, but I've been in the game a while now and have created getting on for 50 fighters, all with their own identity and character. Also, I identify a lot of avs with other peoples fighters, so would love some new, original av's to give to my new fighters.

That would be cool but if we could just have a blank face and add whatever we want to it, like a Barbershop Company then there could be a lot more creative avatars in the game

That would be cool but if we could just have a blank face and add whatever we want to it, like a Barbershop Company then there could be a lot more creative avatars in the game

That's an awesome idea.

Don't know if it's possible, but it'd be great to be able to make our own fighters, like in Tiger Woods where you customize your own golfer.

I thought about this before, I was thinking that in the game contributions that we have a thread for avatar. Maybe Mike or whoever made the AV's could make a Tut. on how to make them and we can just keep adding pictures to the thread so he could add it to the game.

Hopefully that cameout well, I can't explain for sh*t

I thought about this before, I was thinking that in the game contributions that we have a thread for avatar. Maybe Mike or whoever made the AV's could make a Tut. on how to make them and we can just keep adding pictures to the thread so he could add it to the game.

Hopefully that cameout well, I can't explain for sh*t

Lol, you explained it well and it's a great idea. There are loads of good fighter pics but in front of somewhat ghey backgrounds, like art galleries or whatever, so it'd be great to be able to choose the fighter pics and put them on the preferred backgrounds.

+1

I've been thinking this for a while... We need more than just white and black guys.... I have created a bunch of fighters based off of Japanese and Chinese characters, but there really aren't any AV's that fit these fighters. Maybe a revamp could be done where you can choose your fighters AV by sorting through a list of them sorted by countries.. So instead of 41 pages, have it where you can select the country (Japan) and choose from like 5 pages of that.

The avatars are made using 3DS Max. If anyone has a copy of it, or wants to learn it, I'd be more than happy for other people to have a I go. I can pass on all the files and image maps for the existing fighters. Basically you edit the 3D mesh of the fighter to change his face, and I've put a load of hair on there that you wouldn't need to change. You just re-render the guy with new hair/ skin / background etc. and save it as a jpg. I can give people a tutorial on the hair but you'd need to know what you were doing with the program in general and editing basic poly meshes. If you don't know about this already, it's probably a couple of weeks of casual tutorials before you know enough to have a go at editing a guy and rending him.

If nobody is up for that, you're still welcome to post new background images. They need to be landscape rather than portrait and of decent resolution.

I'd be interested in taking a look at something like this....

The avatars are made using 3DS Max. If anyone has a copy of it, or wants to learn it, I'd be more than happy for other people to have a I go. I can pass on all the files and image maps for the existing fighters. Basically you edit the 3D mesh of the fighter to change his face, and I've put a load of hair on there that you wouldn't need to change. You just re-render the guy with new hair/ skin / background etc. and save it as a jpg. I can give people a tutorial on the hair but you'd need to know what you were doing with the program in general and editing basic poly meshes. If you don't know about this already, it's probably a couple of weeks of casual tutorials before you know enough to have a go at editing a guy and rending him.

If nobody is up for that, you're still welcome to post new background images. They need to be landscape rather than portrait and of decent resolution.

Yea I'm cool with that, Gives me something to do :) I'll be able to start learning about it on Saturday night or Sunday

Just out of interest, would it not be possible for the Photoshop geniuses around here to just edit the existing faces?

They can do but it wouldn't be very efficient. There is only so much you can do within photoshop from the base of a couple of avatars that already exist... it'd be much better if people edit the originals.

I had been debating doing this for customs for awhile now as I know a lot of people who are familiar with Poser. I'd be game. Time to clear out some useless stuff then.

• 4 weeks later...