Footwork Secondary

ClarkKent

Hey guys i've been thinking about it for a while now, and i've finally decided to put my idea to the masses...and probably get shot down, but here's the idea anyway.

In all styles (except BJJ, although a little) great footwork is needed. Think about it, Frankie Edgar used his superior footwork to beat BJ Penn in both of their fights, GSP has exceptional footwork.

I think adding a footwork secondary would be a great way to give people another way to win a fight and another way to seperate great fighters from elite fighters.

I think it would have to be a triple elite secondary (boxing, muay thai and wrestling) because in each discipline different styles of footwork are utilised.

I think it would give the game a little bit more realism, i mean anyone thats sparred a great boxer or muay thai fighter knows that their footwork is unbelieveable, to be able to move in and out of range and to hit from different angles, all the while avoiding being hit is unbelievable and scary when your standing across the ring from them.

Again this is just an idea so don't be too harsh, i just think it would be a good way to bring another aspect and way of winning into the game, and at the same time it would make the game even more realistic and challenging

Let me know what you guys think :)

Hey guys i've been thinking about it for a while now, and i've finally decided to put my idea to the masses...and probably get shot down, but here's the idea anyway.

In all styles (except BJJ, although a little) great footwork is needed. Think about it, Frankie Edgar used his superior footwork to beat BJ Penn in both of their fights, GSP has exceptional footwork.

I think adding a footwork secondary would be a great way to give people another way to win a fight and another way to seperate great fighters from elite fighters.

I think it would have to be a triple elite secondary (boxing, muay thai and wrestling) because in each discipline different styles of footwork are utilised.

I think it would give the game a little bit more realism, i mean anyone thats sparred a great boxer or muay thai fighter knows that their footwork is unbelieveable, to be able to move in and out of range and to hit from different angles, all the while avoiding being hit is unbelievable and scary when your standing across the ring from them.

Again this is just an idea so don't be too harsh, i just think it would be a good way to bring another aspect and way of winning into the game, and at the same time it would make the game even more realistic and challenging

Let me know what you guys think :)

I think it's a good idea, but propably too difficult to implement as it would require complete rewamp of the game engine. Unless it would just act as a bonus to certain skills...

I actually think agility+speed = footwork, headmovement etc

+1 though agility is for how fast you can go for a takedown/ take someone down. Speed = headmovement/ footwork I think along with how fast punches and kicks are thrown.

Speed is the #1 attribute for takedowns in the game- not agility.

according to the wiki- anyway. Your defining speed as hand speed, I don't think that's the case here. Unless it includes both.

Realistically, the speed at which you move (takedowns, footspeed) and the speed at which you punch/kick are likely fairly different attributes. I know a few guys that have fairly quick takedowns but are pretty slow on their strikes.

Footwork is your agility. Speed helps with this as well. Contrary to the OP, Edgar didn't quite beat Penn with footwork itself. Yes, he moved his feet a lot, sure. Penn has among the best footwork in the sport though. He nullified Florian's famed leg kicks with just that. The issue BJ really had with Edgar was he couldn't keep up with him. Unlike most LWs, Edgar doesn't cut to make 155 so he had a giant advantage there and was able to give Penn a problem he's never had to face before.