Contest: Make a commercial video for mmatycoon on youtube. Win 1 year vip

Kronix

*Uppdated* I decided to update this first post, if need be I'll post a new thread but I'll try this first.

The idea of this post is to try and reach out and grab as many viewers as possible to try and help this wonderful game grow.

Oki let's make this game grow even bigger and I got an idea how to do it. This community is full of talented people with skills in a lot of different areas and I want to put those skills to good use.

That is why I'm going to make a contest and give away 1 year of vip to the winners and at the same time try and help this community to grow. What I want is a commercial video that highlights how mmatycoon.com works to try and attract more players to the game.

There will be 2 ways to win. The first winner is the one that has been voted the best commercial video by the community. The second one is Whoever has the most youtube views in 3 months time.

You are allowed to collaborate with some one else and I can agree on splitting the 1 year vip in to 2x 6 months vip.

This is a great way to earn yourself 1 year of free vip and showcase your talent as well as helping this community grow as well as get your hands on some ingame cash from our donors.

Donations

Bo Dayshus has offered to give each of the winners 25K ingame money aswell as a donation.

Mike Towers and lee79 are both adding 100k each to prize pool.

Lifebleeder 100K , will be splitt up by the winners.

BrainSmasher 100K, will also be splitt up by the winners

Remora adds another 100K to the pool

Grasman & his HGH Nutrients in in Amsterdam adds 100k to the pool along with 100 units of mix suppliments.

That's a total of over $625,000 prize pool money and a big thanks to our donors!

Here we go

Rules

Lenght of the video should be a minimum of 30 sec and a max of 1 min 30 sec. We dont want to make it too long to loose interest.

Video must include:

Be related to mmatycoon.com

Contain a link to mmatycoon.com ,

How to register

what mmatycoon.com gameplay is all about (this can include how to set sliders, create fighters, discussion groups on the forum etc)

Use your imagination. You are free to use audio, still images, videos or animation as you like to create your commercial piece.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

you are allowed to do more then 1 commercial, what we are looking for is exposure. The more videos we have and the more views = more exposure.

Air date:

The video should be posted in youtube in 1 months time (from today 2012-04-22), giving everyone enough time to prepair and giving people that may not have seen the thread yet a chance to get in on the action.

After the videos have been aired in youtube on 2012-05-21 (it's a monday) I will make a poll letting the mmatycoon community vote for what video they think is the best.

The winner(s) of the community award for best commercial shall recieve 1 year vip + Half of the donated money

The video with the most views on youtube in 3 months time (2012-08-13) will be declaired the winner for the most viewed on youtube award and also recieve 1 year vip along with the rest of the donated money.

Once your piece has been done and uploaded to youtube 2012-05-21, Post a link to your video in this thread and I'll update this post with all the video links.

!important!

Do not post your videos prior to 2012-05-21 on youtube as your views will NOT be counted prior to that date. If you do choose to do so you will not be able to use your current views and they will be reseted to 0 views as you will have an unfair advantage to the rest.

Useful tips:

Add tags, the more tags you have to your video the bigger chance people will find it.

Like mike said, Use all the proper keywords like MMA,UFC,Ultimate Fighting, MMO, Game, Online Game etc in the tags, so people actually see it.

If you need inspiration, look on different kind of commercials already on youtube. There are both professional and fan based commercials to help get your creativity going.

Colabriate with a friend, The prizes can be splitt between the makers.

you are allowed to do more then 1 commercial.

This is not just a game, this is a community of mma fans all around the world.

Every fighter is unique

Every fight is different

It's free to play.

Dont forget to post your links here along with the info on who has made the video(s) so I can update the post

Best of luck!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Sounds like a good idea.

I can donate some ingame money to add to the prize fund. If a few of us donate then that can add up to a good size fund as well.

Just an idea.

• Downvote 1

first I just want to see if there is any interest in doing this and once I see that there is I'll start by setting a start & finish date as well as outline the rules more clearly.

Donatations of any kind is most welcome to help. Make it like it's the oscars award... winner for the best voice is... or best animation.. anything really :)

• Downvote 1

I'll make a video once I figured out what private jets have to do with MMA and what the f these tickers are. I don't have a degree in quantum physics so that might take a while. I'm going to get hate for this one, but I'm ready.

Good initiative btw, I have nothing against other people doing it.

ohhhh I like this idea :D

I'm up for a challenge like this and probably will be able to send something in during the upcoming week when all my other custom gfx commitments are out of the way :)

Is this going to be actually used by Mike for MMAT, or should we go at it like a fan-made video? Just wondering because of potential copyright claims when it comes down to music etc.

Great, I see there is some interest in this. I'll start to work on the rules and such. I think its great that we already gotten some donations going. Will probably help spice things up.

Mike has not been in on this, this is entirely me thinking of what I could do to try and help the community. Mike is more then welcome to add a few words but I think he'll be honoured with the free advertisement. As far as copy rights and such I dont know the laws but as this is not from mike himself I see it more as if you're really unlucky they'll tell you to bring down the video. Other then that it shouldnt be a big issue. Haven't heard anyone get sued of youtube yet. So yeah, I guess we call it a fan-based commercial.

Thanks for this suggestion. Most important thing about putting any MMA Tycoon vids on youtube;

1. Link to the site in an annotation at the end or somewhere obvious.

2. Use all the proper keywords like MMA,UFC,Ultimate Fighting, MMO, Game, Online Game etc in the tags, so people actually see it.

I'll keep an eye on this thread but let me know if you need anything :)

When you link the website on YouTube or wherever you upload it, can you use my affiliates link? XD JK!!! Maybe...

But seriously, awesome idea. I say you should pin this Mike. Anything we can do to make this game grow, I'm definitely for. Love this thread!

When you link the website on YouTube or wherever you upload it, can you use my affiliates link? XD JK!!! Maybe...

But seriously, awesome idea. I say you should pin this Mike. Anything we can do to make this game grow, I'm definitely for. Love this thread!

Absolutely no problem with people using referral URLs on youtube - people don't make enough use of referral URLs - you should be putting them up everywhere you go :)