Konflikt Smack Talk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reporter:You have a big match coming up this weekend, how do you see your match with Maxwell Kegele going?

Jones Jr: I can only see it ending on way....With my arm raised at the end of the fight....It's going to end with a KO that's for sure.

Reporter: Kegele lost last time out what did you think of his performance?

Jones Jr: To be honest, I think the guy was robbed...He was the busier fighter, the other dude just kept running away and took the last round without threwing a punch or getting a takedown.

Reporter: What do you think Kegele's approach will be?

Jones Jr: Same as the last fight....He'll be looking for the head kick which nearly won him the last fight by the way and looking for the takedown...Takedown isn't going to happen and if it does I've got great defensive skills there so I'll be fine.

Reporter: What will your approach be?

Jones Jr: Wait and see my friend...Wait and see.

Reporter Smith: Im coming in live here from Los Angeles outside Champions of LA Gym waiting on some of their guys to finish up there training here. Ok it seems like someone is coming out oh yes its Pablo Dominguez. Pablo let me ask you this first how does it feel to be here in america?

Pablo: (speaking in heavy spanish accent) Umm yeah like this town but different from home miss mommas cooking. (smirks)

Reporter Smith: Misses the home cooking well we all love mexican food so you cant blame him there folks. So now on to the important things this coming sunday you have a fight with Micheal Masters in the very first show for Konflikt. What do you think of your opponent.

Pablo: Well im very happy to fight in america i been training hard these last couple days for the fight. My boxing is better than his and i have experienced wrestling so the way i see this fight going is me taking him to the ground and beating him with my ground n pound. I plan to put on a good show this sunday for the fans.

Reporter Smith: Well folks there it is he predicts a win via ground n pound very confident young man there heading into this sunday looks to be a great match.

Reporter Smith: Well im still here outside the gym as i see a couple of more fighters still getting ready to finish their workouts. Man Pablos comment earlier about food made me hungry im thinking mexican tonight. Well it seems like we have another fighter coming yes its Muay Thai fighter Miguel Urias. Miguel how are you getting ready for sundays fight against Jake Roberts?

Miguel: Well i have just been hitting the gym hard as of late. My bjj has improved greatly and my opponent is outclassed on the ground he will not survive if we go to the ground. If he tries to take me down i will make him say uncle just wait and see.

Reporter Smith: Confidence so are you taking your opponent lightly Miguel? Who is your biggest MMA Idol?

Miguel: No not taking him lightly at all but im a purple belt this guy is only a blue belt i dont see him lasting long with me on the ground. Anderson the spider Silva easily did you see what he did to Forest last night the guy is unstoppable just like i hope to be one day.

Reporter Smith: Yes Anderson is a great fighter and last nights fight proved that. Well miguel good luck this weekend and hope to see you going for that title soon.

Miguel: Oh dont worry you will sunday is just a tune up match just wait and see.

Reporter Smith: Well it looks like theres only one fighter left in their and im pretty sure its Manny Chavez and here he comes yes its Manny. Manny this coming sunday you take on Chris Partlow and from what i have heard you are a heavy underdog into this fight what do you say.

Manny: Well i like bein and underdog it gives you that edge. I think that i am heavily underrated as a fighter though i do have some skills that are brighter than others and all i can say is dont underestimate me on the ground.

Reporter Smith: So then Manny this guys boxing is superior to yours what gameplan do you have against him going into the fight?

Manny: Well all im going to say is if it goes ground im better prepared than he may think.

Reporter Smith: Well there you go folks predicting a ground victory well we will see this sunday. Well this is mike signing off good night folks.

Pablo Dominguez speaks out on behalf of his fighters

Well what can i say 2 wins and a draw manny was an underdog and he did his best and came out with a draw. I spoke with Manny after the fight and all he said was he hopes to put on a better show next time and was real discouraged with himself that he couldnt finish the fight.

Pablo put on a good show for the fans tonight and picked up a good win and he told me to tell the fans thanks for the support and he is off to mexico for a couple of days to relax and enjoy some good home cooking.

Miguel spoke out and his opponent and said that he got lucky he didnt finish him on the ground. Jake we will meet again but next time it wont be left up to the judges. Miguel also said bring out the next opponent so he can get closer to claiming that title.

Reporter: Im in Konflikt HQ and looking to talk to a few fighters. Jimmy "JJ" Johnson is to my right. Mr Johnson First I would like to congradulate you on an impressive win and when do we get to see you in the cage again?

JJ: Thanks. Im not real sure. I know I'll be in a fight soon as I'm part of the #1 contender tourny. Im not exactly sure what event but i'll be waiting and training hard for my Konflikt debut.

Reporter: Is there any fighter in particular you would like to face?

JJ: Not really. There is a lot of talented fighters here and to be the best I'll face tough competition. No matter who it is I'm looking forward to making them tap

Reporter: Whoaaa Looks like he is a lil confident. Cameron "Cajun" Matthews can I have a moment with you?

Cajun: First let me just say that that asshole must of forgot that im a welterweight too and he cant submit me when I knock him out in the first round with this right hand.

Reporter: Good Point! What do you think about your upcoming fight against Duran?

Cajun: I think its going to be interesting. He has good MT but I can box with the best of them. I expect it to be a great fight but I believe i'll end up with the W.

Reporter: So there you have a Win is predicted by the Cajun. Valens how are you feeling after that fight?

Valens: Im feeling good. Im almost healed up. TBH it pained me more to just get the decision then the wounds itself.

Reporter: What do you think about your opponent?

Valens: He's pretty decent but he's young. I think he's a better BJJ guy then me but I think im the more rounded fighter and I would be shocked if this went 3 rounds. He's good dont get me wrong but I pack one helluva punch.

Reporter: You sure do. Thats all for now but I expect to see Jackson and Tyler "The Striker" Sutton tomorrow

Reporter:You have a big match coming up this weekend, how do you see your match with Maxwell Kegele going?

Jones Jr: I can only see it ending on way....With my arm raised at the end of the fight....It's going to end with a KO that's for sure.

Reporter: Kegele lost last time out what did you think of his performance?

Jones Jr: To be honest, I think the guy was robbed...He was the busier fighter, the other dude just kept running away and took the last round without threwing a punch or getting a takedown.

Reporter: What do you think Kegele's approach will be?

Jones Jr: Same as the last fight....He'll be looking for the head kick which nearly won him the last fight by the way and looking for the takedown...Takedown isn't going to happen and if it does I've got great defensive skills there so I'll be fine.

Reporter: What will your approach be?

Jones Jr: Wait and see my friend...Wait and see.

All I gotta say is lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Nemean is pretty pissed after dominating Thomas Pickel for 2 rounds before being taken out by a head kick early in round 3, props to Pickel for prevailing but everyone saw and even he can see that the first 2 rounds was dominated by Nemean. But from seeing that he sees himself as a threat in the middleweight division.

Ed Valquez stands in his way next and i see an early stoppage, he wont get complacent again and i can see a early finish or dominated 3 rounds flawlessly this time. Might be a brown belt but Nemean wont be taken down or subed, this is staying on its feet.

Paul Bradley on his up and coming match a Konflikt 5 - 9-11 Tribute Show....."What Can I say?...I'm pumped to finally get into the cage at Konflikt and Jawana Die, I don't plan on being in the cage long...I've had a couple of fights and now I've found my rythem and no what works and what doesn't...I've had my ass kicked before and it wasn't fun and it won't happen again....Jawana Die I respect you, but I will beat you....Peace."

• 3 weeks later...
My fighter Tyler Durden is coming over Sunday anybody in the 170 division better run and hide

cause he's going to dominate everyone

A video of Chris Karter after KONFLIKT 7's Champ or Chump event at the Underground in Los Angeles, was released on youtube and twitter shortly after the event, he was asked a question regarding fighters training at Convicted Fight Club.

"Not takin' anything away from Broken Halo or Full Conctact, but the fighters trainin' at Convicted Fight Club are the most athletic genetically superior human beings in america. It's unreal out there, guys in all shapes and sizes. People runnin' around L.A. sayin' their gonna dominate this and that fighter, c'mon man this is Convicted territory, it aint happenin'. Nate showed him up and choked him out, proving he's "the Real Deal" when it comes to brazilian jui-jitsu. I won my bet, got about 5 bucks haha and I will continue to bet on any and all Convicted Fight Club fighters. See us over at... Convicted Fight Club... produce the best output for fighters, y'know what I mean? When fighters come to our gym, no matter how talented they may be, when they step into that cage they just preform at a higher level. They just take it a step further, push themselves a lil bit harder. To train here you gotta have a desire to win, n' everybody here has it. There's an aura of success around here and it's fuckin' contagious. You just gotta feel me on this one, when it comes to Convicted Fight Club fighters, we just got it - whatever it is that it takes to win, we have it.. When's the last time yall saw a 135 pound fighter last 3 rounds with a super heavyweight? The Mexican Samurai did a great job at the Grand Prix, then we got people like Rufus Lee, Two Hearted, Chuck Jardine, Juan Escobar.. up and comers like Tyler Sutton, Omar Bin Ladin, Clayton Kosh, Arturo Ward... this isn't even including the fighters under my management. Rocky Stone, Marcello Sosa, hell the list goes on and on, and the sky's the limit for everybody."

Chris Karter was asked what's his plans for the future, he drank from his styrofoam cup.... again...it was clearly empty as he was drinking ice, so he handed it to a girl that was within arms reach, and motioned her along to get him another drink.

"Tomorrow..... well...."

Chris looked at his wrist like he was looking at a watch; it that wasn't there.

"- today since it's after midnight. I'll be watchin' SCAR: Bragging Rights at the Micro Arena, I'ma see Orlando Noriega defend his title against Maximillian Malkavain. Orlando's a beast I know it's gonna be a brutal knockout. First round... then I gotta catch a flight out to Montreal. On the 20th Lance St Pierre is defendin' the Welterweight title against Octavio Paixao at Combat Pro FC Unleashed. Gotta support the Storm heavily for that fight. Anyway, gotta go. Gotta long night ahead of me and don't have much time to get the party started. Los Angeles be on the look out, Paul Bradley is doin' big things with Konflikt."

A video of Chris Karter after KONFLIKT 7's Champ or Chump event at the Underground in Los Angeles, was released on youtube and twitter shortly after the event, he was asked a question regarding fighters training at Convicted Fight Club.

"Not takin' anything away from Broken Halo or Full Conctact, but the fighters trainin' at Convicted Fight Club are the most athletic genetically superior human beings in america. It's unreal out there, guys in all shapes and sizes. People runnin' around L.A. sayin' their gonna dominate this and that fighter, c'mon man this is Convicted territory, it aint happenin'. Nate showed him up and choked him out, proving he's "the Real Deal" when it comes to brazilian jui-jitsu. I won my bet, got about 5 bucks haha and I will continue to bet on any and all Convicted Fight Club fighters. See us over at... Convicted Fight Club... produce the best output for fighters, y'know what I mean? When fighters come to our gym, no matter how talented they may be, when they step into that cage they just preform at a higher level. They just take it a step further, push themselves a lil bit harder. To train here you gotta have a desire to win, n' everybody here has it. There's an aura of success around here and it's fuckin' contagious. You just gotta feel me on this one, when it comes to Convicted Fight Club fighters, we just got it - whatever it is that it takes to win, we have it.. When's the last time yall saw a 135 pound fighter last 3 rounds with a super heavyweight? The Mexican Samurai did a great job at the Grand Prix, then we got people like Rufus Lee, Two Hearted, Chuck Jardine, Juan Escobar.. up and comers like Tyler Sutton, Omar Bin Ladin, Clayton Kosh, Arturo Ward... this isn't even including the fighters under my management. Rocky Stone, Marcello Sosa, hell the list goes on and on, and the sky's the limit for everybody."

Chris Karter was asked what's his plans for the future, he drank from his styrofoam cup.... again...it was clearly empty as he was drinking ice, so he handed it to a girl that was within arms reach, and motioned her along to get him another drink.

"Tomorrow..... well...."

Chris looked at his wrist like he was looking at a watch; it that wasn't there.

"- today since it's after midnight. I'll be watchin' SCAR: Bragging Rights at the Micro Arena, I'ma see Orlando Noriega defend his title against Maximillian Malkavain. Orlando's a beast I know it's gonna be a brutal knockout. First round... then I gotta catch a flight out to Montreal. On the 20th Lance St Pierre is defendin' the Welterweight title against Octavio Paixao at Combat Pro FC Unleashed. Gotta support the Storm heavily for that fight. Anyway, gotta go. Gotta long night ahead of me and don't have much time to get the party started. Los Angeles be on the look out, Paul Bradley is doin' big things with Konflikt."

Did I call that fight or what? haha

• 3 weeks later...

Konflikt Press Conference

“Hi I’m Harry Ball and I’m live at Konflikt’s head office in LA for what I’m told is some news that will send shock waves through the world of mma….Here comes the president now Paul Bradley”

Paul makes his way to the press table and sits in the middle of the 5 seats.

Paul: “Ladies and Gentlemen, glad to see you all here. Today is a day that changed Konflikt as we know it…No….Changed LA as we know it…When I first opened Konflikt we were a laughing stock… a joke....No one who was anyone wanted to come near us…Today that changes…Let me introduce to you first along with his manager and my friend Tony Harris….The former Legacy MMA Heavyweight Champion Ernesto Bonjasky….Now that in it’s self is breaking news but wait we have one more trick up our sleeve…Let me introduce you to the man…No The Legend!!!! Chris Karter, and his number 1 fighter….Lance “Storm” St Pierre. Someone call the police we have some major Convict’s in the house.”

Reporter: “Wow…That’s some major signings right there. Convicted seem to be taking over Konflikt. So Paul, will these to former Champions be going for gold in there Konflikt debuts?.. I’m mean both of these fighters are bigger than Konflikt itself.

Paul: “Good question…Well Ernesto will have a warm up fight first at Konflikt 15 – Convicted and then face the winner of the Rex/Williams fight…But Lance is going straight for the 170 title against Nate Holyfield to headline that same event.”

Reporter: “That’s going to be one hell of a show I can’t wait to see that one.”

Paul: “The biggest in our history no doubt.”

Tyler Durden: “Hey…Wait up a second…Paul you said that I was first in line for a shot and rematch with NateLance is a great fighter, I’ll give him that but he would last a round with my bjj skills. He got tapped out by a move I was defending at 10 years old. How about this…Durden Vs St Pierre and when I beat him. Then I get my title shot?”

Lance St Pierre: “I accept your challenge Tyler but you’ll regret it mark my words. I was jet lagged that’s all trust me a “Storm” is heading your way at Konflikt 15.

Paul: “Well looks like we have a main event…Do your fighting in the cage boys…Someone get the security out here.”

:mf_popcorn1:

Outside the fortress that was Convicted Fight Club, were not just an increased amount of those typical "security guards" armed with AK-47 assault rifles, or a heavily populated crowd filled with fans, reporters, and the rest of the MMA media armed with pens and paper, microphones, and flashing cameras, but a gathering of more than recognizable faces in the Los Angeles MMA community. The people standing on the podium outside of the gyms doors consisted of Convicted Fight Club owner Chris Karter, Convicted clothing owner Tony Harris, and Konflikt owner Paul Bradley along with a handful of top Convicted fighters scattered around the crowd. Lance "The Storm" St Pierre was sitting in the middle of the podium ready to answer any and all questions at the live press conference. Chris was sitting over towards the "the managers table" with his brother Tony Harris and Konflikt owner Paul Bradley, ash tray and a big bottle of hennessy on the table top. He spoke into the microphone regulating the event as usual.

Chris Karter "One question at a time. All about St Pierre, we're not here to interview me so keep the questions directed and focused on him. Konflikt related questions and anything regarding Syn City acceptable."

Local Reporter "So Lance, you're coming off a loss to Carl Allen on Syn's first EVER PPV, how disappointed are you?"

Lance St Pierre "It's tough. Very tough.. but there's nothing I can do now, it's in the past so I'll get over it, move on, and become a better fighter because of it."

Reporter Lady "The signing to Konflikt was a big shocker to the world. What lead you to make this decision?"

Lance St Pierre "Well it wasn't money haha... I've been talking to Chris, working things out. He's been doing most of the talking with Paul to be honest. We had a big long talk about it, I wanted to move to Los Angeles for awhile now, it all worked out in the end."

Sherdog Reporter "Is it true you and Combat Pro FC owner had an arguement, and you opted not to return to Canada even though had given your word prior to being released to go fight on Syn '60s PPV card?"

Lance St Pierre "Nah I don't know man, I mean I guess you could that. I didn't expect to not be with Combat Pro FC right now? I thought I'd be there for life."

Sherdog Reporter "So what did you argue about? And why did you break your promise?"

Lance St Pierre "We didn't argue. I never talked to him about it, which is why it was such a big surprise. I was disappointed that I wasn't on Combat Pro FC's first ever PPV, but I don't hold it against him. Been a pleasure to work with Johnny, everything has been great - nothing really 'went wrong'. I'm greatful for the opportunity I had to represent Combat Pro FC at Syn. Things just didn't go my way, now it's time to turn my career around you know? It starts in Los Angeles, at Konflikt: Convicted."

International Reporter "This could really hurt your P4P ranking, and take you out of picture when we talk about the top welterweights in the world, you aware of this?"

Lance St Pierre "I'm young, I'm 18 years old, I'm not one of the best welterweights in the world yet, I'm sick of hearin' it. People had me convinced, really for awhile I was walkin' around like I was the shit, the top welterweight in the world. I have A LOT of work to do, and I'm not gonna let nobody tell me different. Chris knows it, I know it, don't need anybody elses opinion."

Reporter Lady "So when you say it starts at Konflikt: Convicted - are you confirming a fight?"

Lance St Pierre "Yeah you can say that. People are comin' out saying I'm overrated, I didn't deserve the shot I was given, I'm gonna prove one of those people doubting me wrong."

Local Reporter "Tyler Durden has been very vocal about your arrival here, that you don't deserve an immediate title shot because he would submit you in the first round, what are your thoughts on this?"

Lance St Pierre "Whatever makes him sleep better at night, we'll find out at Konflikt: Convicted."

International Reporter "Are you confirming the fight?"

Lance St Pierre "I'd like to think so? You know I answered that question already? - and I signed the contract - guess we'll see if he accepts. I don't know why he wanted this fight so bad, but I'll show up at 100% and if he don't he'll be the one who won't make it out the first round."

Reporter Lady "Out of your 11 fights, you've NEVER been out the first round, win or lose, what should we expect?"

Lance St Pierre "Expect fireworks. I've beaten brown belts before, I don't know what makes him so special. I know juijitsu, I know how to wrestle, does he know how to box? He better or he's gonna get knocked out tryin' to take me to the ground."

Sherdog Reporter "So do you think vacating the Combat Pro FC Welterweight title was worth coming to Konflikt?"

Lance St Pierre "Hahaha.. man you can't be serious? Yeah.. yeah of course absolutely. I believe it is. Chris thinks it is.. I'm 100% confident that this is in the best interest of my career."

Local Reporter "Are you looking ahead at a title fight verse Nate Holyfield?"

Lance St Pierre "I'm not lookin' forward to anything but proving that it's gonna take more than a brown belt to beat me. Look, it's been fun, expect big things at Konflikt, right now this is my new home. I'm glad to be livin' in Los Angeles, but I got a ton of new shit I gotta move in my new place. So it's been a pleasure talkin' to yall but I gotta go for now."

Following on from the Lance St Pierre Press Conference Konflikt’s new signing Ernesto Bonjasky took the time out to answer some questions.

Reporter: You've been a Heavyweight Champion in a larger company than Konflikt what was it that made you choose them, you must have had plenty of offers?

Ernesto: The offers were on the table but I couldn’t pass up the chance to come to America and train at Convicted Fight Club. Tony said it was the best for me.

Reporter: Your coming off the first loss of your career did that have a part to play in moving companies or did you feel you had proved yourself enough already?

Ernesto: Neither… The management at Legacy was changing and I felt it was time to move on to another organization.

Reporter: Ernesto You’re without doubt a great fighter and great champion fighting opponents much larger than you do you think 205 will show an even better you?

Ernesto: I will fight anybody, anywhere, no matter how much they weigh big, small, tall or short if they step in the cage with me expect a fight. I am hoping for a successful debut that will display my skill to the Americans.

Reporter: Your first fight is against TJ Fisher who is coming off his first loss also, how do you se this fight going?

Ernesto: I think he will come out and stand with me. We will exchange punches and I will introduce him to the leg of Ernesto. I want to win over many fans in LA.

Reporter: A win would surely put you in line for the title, who would you rather face out of Rex The Stoner and Shane Williiams?

Ernesto: Both are Convicted fighters and both are 3-1. I respect them equally so it doesn’t matter who because I would like to fight both of them.

Reporter: Well thanks for your time Ernesto and best of luck.

From the back of the crowd it seems a scuffle has erupted. "Hey, you can't come in here", "Stop them, this is an invite only event". A loud growl erupts...Rooooaaaahhhh!!!!! Someone is hurled through the air. A security guard finds himself licking the warm blood flowing from his nose as he picks himself up off the pavement. He'll think twice before trying to stop these two again.

"This is an outrage, the spotlight is in the wrong place" someone from the back yells. As the crowd parts to avoid being mauled they reveal the cause of the commotion. It is Petro Farantini and his young fighter Yuri Pulanski

"Chris Karter in Konflikt?....BIG DEAL! Leave it to a Dade County white boy thinking he can make it big on the West Coast. I remember the days of smacking around punks like him on South Beach when I was bouncing at the Cameo. I loved it when they begged to me" -(using a pip squeak voice) "come on bro, don't beat me up and take my weed". "I'll be a good boy let me get my crip and I'll be heading back to Cutler Ridge" Yuri bellows out a huge laugh at his managers comments.

"I for one am counting the days one of his golden boys, Jesus Santos, gets abused by the "The Russian Bear" Yuri Pulanski. Who is Yuri Pulanski you might ask? Rumor has it he is the brothers son of the first cousin of the lead singer for Gorky Park....What does all that mean? It means......don't get in his way.

"Tell him what you're gonna do Yuri!"

"First I wish to thank Mr. Paul for allowing me ability to fight for Konflikt. Jesus Santos! Are you ready? Ready to feel force of Mighty Bear Pulanski? I fear no man, or man trying to be god. During fight, I show what real man from Mother Russia can do...hahahahaha! My English very poor, my fists very good. I will let fists do talking for Yuri....Polibek má osel"

Petro pats his hairy friend on the back and addresses Kris one last time. "Tell you what Chris, once my boy Pulanski beats Jesus, why don't you give him a month free at your Convicted Fight Gym? He could come in and put on sparring sessions to help your guys out and show you how Mother Russia breeds real wrestlers."

"Chris, we'll see you and Jesus on the 23rd at Wild Bobs Bar. After Yuri pounds him into submission we'll treat you guys to wodka shots and hookah hits to show there's no hard feelings, we're out!"