ArtieBanks

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the better event

Hello ladies, gents and other life forms today Skip Clueless and Stephen BS are going to breakdown the cards on xmas day. Evo vs Asc, should be fun.

Skip Clueless here, and i will be first breaking down the main events.

Womba vs Frost or Creel vs Takahashi

Well it’s a clear and easy winner when we look at these fights. Womba vs Frost should be Chris Karters last chance of beating Womba. It has a whole lot of public interest in it and I for one will certainly be watching this on PPV. The most interesting thing about the fight is that Womba put up his FOTY title in this fight, a loss could be detrimental to his ambitions to take home the trophy. Frost is just looking for revenge, plain and simple, he must be fed up watching team mate after team mate being taken out by Womba. It is just a small part of what should be an epic card. Now I get on to Creel vs Takahashi, errr its a good fight. Versus vs Ascension champion, with Takahashi coming back in a big way with his last win against the SHW king Ernesto. Creel is undefeated in the year and a pure wrecking machine. I'd take Creel in this fight and in a big way. To be honest it’s a bit disappointing but I suppose it was the best HW available at the time.

Winner - Womba vs Frost by a landslide.

Stephen BS - i am in agreement with Skip here, not as much hype has went into Creel vs Takahashi. In all honesty i expect it to be another name to the resume and business as usual for Creel. Now let me breakdown to y'all the Co-Main events of the evening.

We have Neo Kable the undefeated, wonderkid, superstar in the making. The are no amount of superlatives that can describe the young man. He takes on top SHW Willy Stoppers in the Evo FOTY final for the men who could do with a salad or two in their diet. Both men hit hard and i doubt it lasts longer than a round, Kable will look to put a stamp down on an undefeated year and closing out as the young fighter of the year. Stoppers is in the role of spoiler, i fully expect him to put up a fight against Kable, he is also one of the most dangerous fighters Neo has went up against, and will want to test Kables chin. On the otherside we have Murdock vs Player, Asc vs UPG unification fight. Both men only have one loss this year and both are at the top of the middleweight pile. It’s a true fans fight if you like the middleweights. Murdock has filled the void left by Pat McDermot as the top MW in the world very well and has beaten all comers. Player is the up and comer despite being 30 but only having 19 fights in his career he is very over-matched in the experience department. What he lacks in the experience though he more than makes up with in power and will look to land that big shot to send Murdock out cold. This fight is a dark horse for Fight of the night between both orgs. It is one of those fights that make me glad to be a fight fan.

Winner - Murdock vs Player, by the skin of their teeth.

Skip Clueless - I have a slight disagreement, i love to see finishes and the big men scrap, if you want a tactical fight i'd pick Murdock vs Player, if you want the KO watch Kable vs Stopper.

Now on to the undercard fight, the top undercard billing tonight is a goody. Some might even say it should be the main event. Otso takes on Fox and Bennet takes on Neno in the LHW tourney. Otso vs Fox is a true Evo vs Ascension fight. Otso has been on an up and down career path of late, losing to Gary Bunn before dominating Hector. Fox is also having the same sort of time, dropping his LW crown before defending the featherweight title. It should be a highly entertaining fight between the two legends of the lighter weight classes. On the other side we have the next generation of Light Heavyweights as Neno takes on Scotty, sounds like something i would expect to hear in a Star Trek movie. Now the tale of the tape between the two? Well both guys hit like trucks and both have great chins. Both love the clinch also, its really pretty even between the two fighters. If anything Neno has taken on the tougher competition in his career but Scotty has proven himself against a legend like Sackett.

Winner - Scotty vs Neno. Otso vs Fox is a great fight but Scotty vs Neno has millions on it.

Stephen BS - I prefer Otso vs Fox, wasn't a fan of the 6 mil tourney, with guys like Womba missing it wasn't the cream of the crop.

Now we get onto the next fight on the card which is a close one, Samba takes on Powers for the Heavyweight title and on the other side we have Bunn who takes on Silva. It is once again the big men vs the small men, with both sides having big implications on the respective divisions. Let us start off with Samba as he takes on Powers, It is an interesting match-up between the two. Samba doesn’t have the power that Powers has got but he is the more versatile fighter fighter of the two. On the other hand we have Bunn vs Silva a match up of the best LW as he takes on the best BW in the game. Bunn coming off a recent win over Otso has a lot of momentum but he is against the hard hitting Brazilian Silva who will want to make a statement. The looks of the fighters make me think that Silva has the better skills and better power but Bunn has been a monster since the recent changes. It is a take your pick fight, that the fans will love.

Winner – Bunn vs Silva, I think it has the ME status over Powers vs Samba. As much as Samba has been on a roll this year I just think Bunn vs Silva has the star power which both Samba and Powers lack.

Skip Clueless – I agree with you on this one both fights though are very similar, a ground fighter vs a stand up fighter with power, it should be interesting in both fights.

Now a quick rundown of the rest of the card

Taj vs Ernie or Hector vs Sly. All the fighters involved in these fights badly need a win. I am taking Taj vs Ernie in this one. I think both guys hit hard and it should make up for a slobber knocker.

Hunt vs Tom or Gracie vs Bickie, this one is a no brainer, Gracie vs Bickie, it’s a unification match and both guys are at the top of their division.

Kiedis vs Jung or Power vs Dawkins, another easy one, Dawkins vs Powers is by far the most interesting fight and it also has implications in the Evo fighter of the year with the winner taking on Hector vs Sly.

Bunting vs Sweeney 2 or Magri vs Idea, All these fighters will be looking to make an impact here, With most of the fighters being young guns still plenty in the tank for them. I am going to give it to Bunting vs Sweeney because we are more likely to see another brawl.

Valentine vs Scott or Chopper vs Lander, err both fights have some value in them, I am gonna give it to Valentine vs Scott despite the fact that it could be a snooze fest with the counter takedowns.

Jef vs Jordan or Smokeleaf vs Tritter – have your xmas dinner during this fight, none are really relevant. I give this one out as a tie.

So who wins overall, we count it as 5-4 with one draw to Ascension, despite this me and Stephen have agreed that Evo will come out on top in the war. Ascension has put all there superstars into one pot, Evo shows their depth by not struggling to putting on big events weekly, this event will hurt Ascension over the new year period. Poll fixed to see which event you are looking forward to the most, from us at TWW news have a Merry Xmas.

• Upvote 3

Great read....I'm really not sure which card is better as both are completely stacked. One thing though....

"On the other hand we have Bunn vs Powers a match up of the best LW as he takes on the best BW in the game."

You say Rafa later when you give us the edge in that slot but used the wrong name the first time

Great read....I'm really not sure which card is better as both are completely stacked. One thing though....

"On the other hand we have Bunn vs Powers a match up of the best LW as he takes on the best BW in the game."

You say Rafa later when you give us the edge in that slot but used the wrong name the first time

Too many Powers on the same card, thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks for posting this as it helps more than just looking at the cards like I did in the other thread, but I still think Ascension will score higher. It sure is going to be close though.

lol

Why the lol? It is an observation, whenever you put on a card like that with most of your champions fighting on it, the org is going to suffer. Evo has around about the same but with a difference, it has the Evo fighter of the year going on at the same time. So yeah i think i am right to point it out. The new years card is very weak compared to that of Evo's two cards its putting on in the same time frame, with another one being filled up the now. That is a true show of power imo.

Why the lol? It is an observation, whenever you put on a card like that with most of your champions fighting on it, the org is going to suffer. Evo has around about the same but with a difference, it has the Evo fighter of the year going on at the same time. So yeah i think i am right to point it out. The new years card is very weak compared to that of Evo's two cards its putting on in the same time frame, with another one being filled up the now. That is a true show of power imo.

Because it deserved a lol. You can't point out things you don't know. The new year's card is like that because we wanted it to be like that. We didn't put all of our champions in the same card, in fact we even send one to the Evo card. Our NY's event is not supposed to be a huge card and we're fine with that. We had no problem booking all of them. In fact, we have a bunch of plans that are just waiting for tomorrow's card to go down so we can put them in practice. Interesting fact is that they only have 4 fights confirmed for it and you seem to know the full card. It's funny how you always show up with some interesting opinions that always follow the same pattern. We just laugh, really. We have 4 champions waiting for you to choose on which card they'll fight, so make your choices wisely. We really need them!!!

• Upvote 1

Nice observation Dino. I must agree EVO do have the big names there ATM.

This is my own little observation of your observation lol.

You say we put all our beasts in this fight I disagree.

3 title fights Each. Which is even ?.

There's a little bit inside me that agrees with you about EVO coming out on top in the end but and a big BUT there's a HUGE tourney goin on there ATM with other orgs Fighters Champs

On another note both orgs have put 2 great cards to finish the year which is great for the neutral. And personally I'm not bothered who comes out on top as me and Jug are good buddies.

Merry Xmas guys glad TWW is back.

Because it deserved a lol. You can't point out things you don't know. The new year's card is like that because we wanted it to be like that. We didn't put all of our champions in the same card, in fact we even send one to the Evo card. Our NY's event is not supposed to be a huge card and we're fine with that. We had no problem booking all of them. In fact, we have a bunch of plans that are just waiting for tomorrow's card to go down so we can put them in practice. Interesting fact is that they only have 4 fights confirmed for it and you seem to know the full card. It's funny how you always show up with some interesting opinions that always follow the same pattern. We just laugh, really. We have 4 champions waiting for you to choose on which card they'll fight, so make your choices wisely. We really need them!!!

Nice observation Dino. I must agree EVO do have the big names there ATM.

This is my own little observation of your observation lol.

You say we put all our beasts in this fight I disagree.

3 title fights Each. Which is even .

There's a little bit inside me that agrees with you about EVO coming out on top in the end but and a big BUT there's a HUGE tourney goin on there ATM with other orgs Fighters Champs

On another note both orgs have put 2 great cards to finish the year which is great for the neutral. And personally I'm not bothered who comes out on top as me and Jug are good buddies.

Merry Xmas guys glad TWW is back.

What interesting pattern? I get along fine with you Scott the owner of Ascension and Jamie so if you think its some vendetta against Ascension you know the org i helped build into one of the top orgs in the game before handing it off sitting at #1, go ahead, ps i gave it away for free also so it wasn't a money decision i just wanted to see it succeed.

You just admitted there in your argument that you have a bunch of plans that you are going to put in place AFTER the event tomorrow. I said 3 cards in place of your one, its a true show of power and depth. What part of that argument isn't true? Here is the thing, a lot of org owners including you Scott have came to me for advise on how to run their orgs more effectively and how to do certain things. So where you say you may laugh at my opinions, you are currently using the same pattern i used to run numbers with Ascension. You guys use more ads than i did but i wasn't after the 1003 rating constantly once it was figured out it is a waste of time. Scott didn't laugh at my advice either, so err yeah, about those opinions, if anything they would be biased towards Ascension as i like to see the org i helped build succeed but as i said when i started TWW News it would be unbiased.

The fact you have went all defensive is because maybe you see i do have a point. As many people have stated Evo's roster depth is crazy and it is deemed as the premier org in tycoon. When three power orgs came together and the stars aligned together for Jug, it was a thing of beauty as we finally seen barriers broken and fighters who never would have fought one another until this happened. (I know NFC just closed its doors but a majority of guys ended up in IMMA/Evo). As Scott said this thing was because Scott posed a question and i felt like it needed in depth analysis which i done for a bit of fun but also to express an unbiased opinion, which by the way was in favor of your event, with the fact you also sent out a fighter on super fight duty to Evo. As far as your lame attempt at sarcasm, none of what i said was a personal attack on your character at all Luan, I don't need to see inside the inner workings of an org, only things hidden to the public is ideas and profits. The rest is pretty damn obvious to figure out if you haven't already noticed. Evo has the fighter of the year, which has filled out their events in the future towards new year, also since the start of Evo they have been running on a week/fortnightly basis when filling out cards something i picked up without having to look inside the org would you believe. Reason i didn't mention it was more its xmas eve, i wanted to post it out and didn't have a lot of time left before i went for dinner.

You seem to take a lot to heart Luan and see it as a personal attack on you, which this wasn't. Scott said that only 3 champs were fighting, Creel and Fox are both in super fights and also you have to factor in Rafa who is your next in line for the BW title since you guys are doing unification fights. So yeah thats why i said all the big named fighters in one pot.

What interesting pattern? I get along fine with you Scott the owner of Ascension and Jamie so if you think its some vendetta against Ascension you know the org i helped build into one of the top orgs in the game before handing it off sitting at #1, go ahead, ps i gave it away for free also so it wasn't a money decision i just wanted to see it succeed.

You just admitted there in your argument that you have a bunch of plans that you are going to put in place AFTER the event tomorrow. I said 3 cards in place of your one, its a true show of power and depth. What part of that argument isn't true? Here is the thing, a lot of org owners including you Scott have came to me for advise on how to run their orgs more effectively and how to do certain things. So where you say you may laugh at my opinions, you are currently using the same pattern i used to run numbers with Ascension. You guys use more ads than i did but i wasn't after the 1003 rating constantly once it was figured out it is a waste of time. Scott didn't laugh at my advice either, so err yeah, about those opinions, if anything they would be biased towards Ascension as i like to see the org i helped build succeed but as i said when i started TWW News it would be unbiased.

The fact you have went all defensive is because maybe you see i do have a point. As many people have stated Evo's roster depth is crazy and it is deemed as the premier org in tycoon. When three power orgs came together and the stars aligned together for Jug, it was a thing of beauty as we finally seen barriers broken and fighters who never would have fought one another until this happened. (I know NFC just closed its doors but a majority of guys ended up in IMMA/Evo). As Scott said this thing was because Scott posed a question and i felt like it needed in depth analysis which i done for a bit of fun but also to express an unbiased opinion, which by the way was in favor of your event, with the fact you also sent out a fighter on super fight duty to Evo. As far as your lame attempt at sarcasm, none of what i said was a personal attack on your character at all Luan, I don't need to see inside the inner workings of an org, only things hidden to the public is ideas and profits. The rest is pretty damn obvious to figure out if you haven't already noticed. Evo has the fighter of the year, which has filled out their events in the future towards new year, also since the start of Evo they have been running on a week/fortnightly basis when filling out cards something i picked up without having to look inside the org would you believe. Reason i didn't mention it was more its xmas eve, i wanted to post it out and didn't have a lot of time left before i went for dinner.

You seem to take a lot to heart Luan and see it as a personal attack on you, which this wasn't. Scott said that only 3 champs were fighting, Creel and Fox are both in super fights and also you have to factor in Rafa who is your next in line for the BW title since you guys are doing unification fights. So yeah thats why i said all the big named fighters in one pot.

No, I didn't see it as any personal attack. In fact, as I said, we have plans and every org does but they always need to wait for their next event to do part of it and that's what we're doing. Yeah, most of the fact that the merge EVO went through is real and that helped it a lot to build a huge roster, one that it's stronger now because of their tournament. We already entered a discussion about that in the past and I think that doesn't fit anymore. Some might say that their HW division is the best, but with such a mix of champions, the top of the division gets crowded. You see what the UFC LHW division used to look like before Jones and our HW division is the UFC MW division with one Anderson Silva dominating contenders time after time. If it's so deep, I find it odd that Creed had to fight twice in 1 week there. I agree some divisions have a little bit more of depth but I'm totally ok with that. You sure helped a lot Ascension grow into what it is today and we never said anything different than that. We don't use your numbers as we try to get other direction for it, but if Scott takes advice from you, that's nothing wrong on his part. In fact, he's right to seek help if he feels its needed. We try to offer enough time and space for the whole roster, therefore we don't see a lot of guys fighting 3 times a month. Keep in mind that arenas are as booked as they ever were nowadays, most of the time you don't get the date you wanted. Specially when orgs that host 1 event per week book 2 months of arena while we have to book those 8 events inside one month. We're fine with that and looking forward to the same comments the next time a TWW News shows up. Go figure out the contenders then, specially if tomorrow's card really breaks our next events.

Dear Lord Baby Zombie Jesus, 2000 thousand year old, 1800 years late, zombified and resurrected son of Mary Jane and the Morgan Freeman God from Bruce Almighty, we would like to thank you for your omnipotent divine intervention granting the power to bless mere men the ability create this game. In the name of the Egyptian God Horus, who's birthday was totally stolen from Jesus and not the other way around since he was created before him and all, get your own holiday dude.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Dear Lord Baby Zombie Jesus, 2000 thousand year old, 1800 years late, zombified and resurrected son of Mary Jane and the Morgan Freeman God from Bruce Almighty, we would like to thank you for your omnipotent divine intervention granting the power to bless mere men the ability create this game. In the name of the Egyptian God Horus, who's birthday was totally stolen from Jesus and not the other way around since he was created before him and all, get your own holiday dude.

And we wish to bless this day by Frost knocking out Womba, If our holy father may grant this wish so Convicted can blaze in peace, amen.

• Upvote 2