http://i.imgur.com/BawKd7t.png

Hello friends, family members and cloned friends who you claim to be (insert excuse here). Welcome to this year’s TWW News, the news team is as follows, Dinooo, KillerBunny, King Arthur and of course our recently ball n chained Mannetosen. So let’s get straight into this.

Ascension vs Evolution

It is all the forums have been buzzing about for the past week and for good reason. We are about to see the greatest card ever assembled, with some of the intriguing fights I have seen in a while. Now Chris Garica has a detailed breakdown of Womba vs Murdock we shall see later in the show, so I’ll leave out Womba vs Murdock. I’ll start off with Creel vs Samba, finally a fight in the HW division that is relevant. Samba has been kicking strikers asses left right and centre, lulling us all to sleep in 5 round decisions. He quite possibly has the lowest popularity in the Heavyweight division for a top fighter ever. Imagine him as a Cain Velasquez/Daniel Cormier type of character, not very entertaining and you always want him to have his jaw dismantled. The one thing that stops me calling Samba the best Heavyweight in the game is the pure and simple fact, he has not beaten Mr Heavyweight himself Lance Templeton. Step into the cage Junior dos… I mean Carl Creel. I feel Creel has yet to be truly tested inside of Ascension. His last two opponents weren’t fit enough to hold his man thong never mind step in the cage with him. Now this isn’t Creels fault who is currently riding a 17 fight win streak, all via KO bar 1. He is the #1 p4p fighter in the game, a title he shares with Womba. If I was a smart man I would be on the counter takedowns to control Creel, I though am not a smart man, my money is on Creel to continue that streak.

The rest of the fights are entertaining in their own right, Kable vs Proudstar, Convicted vs Convicted. Gracie vs Hunt, is another interesting fight for me personally, just because I am a huge Gracie fan. So tune in and enjoy the fights ladies and gentlemen now I’ll let Killerbunny explain the fight of the fortnight.

Belleville: Welcome to TWW studio, I'm Benjamin Belleville and right next to me my good buddy, Scott "Raven" Levy - and we are here to let you know what is coming up soon

Levy: Nice to be here and take a break to watch some good fights. And it doesn't get much more better than the one we have coming up, does it?

Belleville: Exactly, Smokudju Womba will take on holder of Asencsion Light Heavyweight title, Matt Murdock. And we were waiting for it for quite a while.

Levy: Second fight is always better, they know each other well, have more time and more experience to prepare...but honestly, those guys can go out there each night and deliver sepctacular finish.

Belleville: How many people saw Smokudju finishing Taj Al Din in way it happened? I know I didn't. I know you didn't. So you have to respect his hands. He was always elite level grappler, but his transition into MMA brought out pair of really damn heavy hands.

Levy: There is bunch of guys more lethal with their hands, but it's not like he swings pillows on you. Still, Murdock is another level when it comes to power shots. 2/3 of his wins came by TKO or KO - when he doesn't throw that much of them. He isn't the fastest striker and he doesn't throw barrage of punches, he focuses on accuracy and taking your head off with just a few of them.

Belleville: And his striking defense is outstanding too...but so is Womba's, right? It's not like he allows you to hit him. Most of the time, when he does its just to setup a takedown and bring you to his world. Not best takedown accuracy, but once you are down its hard to get back up.

Levy: Agree. Point for you. Now my counter - which is 86% of takedown defense for Murdock. I saw Smokudju's fights, I come from wrestling background and I see how good of a wrestler he is - but I tell, it may not be enough. MMA and wrestling is different though, Womba will look to setup his takedowns with strikes, which may help him, but still in my opinion Murdock won't let that happen, doing his best to split EVO's champion's chin in two.

Bellevile: That's possible, standup edge goes to Matt, but ground has to go to Red Belt jiu jitsu guy. Womba's grappling is as good as anyone's at 205. And they are opposite styles on the ground too - Womba looks to work, he looks for submissions, won't let you rest with strikes, while Matt is looking to survive and hope to get back up. He doesn't do much there.

Levy: Maybe, but once he gets that top position, he doesn't need to do much. Remember, he is powerful dude. And as good as Womba is on the floor, there isn't much you can do when you have 205lbs on top of you. Its gonna be hard for him to do anything from bottom. It's similiar situation to their clinch game.

Belleville: Hmm...good shot. Matt likes to use it, he is very active from there, while Womba doesn't like close range combat. It may be for his chin, which is pretty good - but you have to remind that on four occasion's ref stopped the fight via KO or TKO, so I see why he may not like it.

Levy: And Murdock is smart. He will use it to his advantage. With his takedown defense and work in clinch, I think he has that one for sure. As soon as he closes the distance, he will have Womba where he wants him.

Belleville: Or Womba will have Matt where he wants him. If Murdock goes to hard on offensive, Womba may take advantage of that, trip him and take this fight to the ground.

Levy: Still don't see this coming.

Bellvile: Neither you saw outcome of Womba/Al Din. But that's the beauty of this sport, right? Its so unpredictable. Everything can happen. But in my eyes, its Smokudju Womba taking a point for EVO in their competition against Ascension.

Levy: Then I go with Murdock by KO or TKO from clinch, to secure a win for LA-based promotion. He won't let EVO Champ to beat him at his own backyard.

Bellevile: Either way, we are set for awesome night of fights. I'm sure I'm gonna watch it.

Levy: So will I. Thanks for your time, we hope you will join us on that awesome night, but for now - we say Goodnight!

Neo Kable Interview

C. Garcia: I'm here for TWW News, speaking to one of fighters that made the best out of last year - Neo Kable. I'm glad you could join us, Neo.

Neo: I am obligated to be here by my manager.

C. Garcia: You are 23-0 at super heavyweight, where it's hard to keep that kind of streak going. You guys don't swing pillows at each other there, right? Did you ever assume you will put together run like that?

Neo: Yes, of course. My calculations were accurate.

C. Garcia: I have to say, you are using common gameplan, normal not only for superheavyweights - but because of the power you have, essential to win for big guys - Do your best to not get hit and land as much as you can, right? Normal thing...but you mastered it. You were touched 8 times by Willy Stoppers - who set new record with that performance. You were never hit more than 8 times in single fight. Tell me, how is that even possible?

Neo: I was built for annihilation.

C. Garcia: Being superhuman for sure helps you, doesn't it? (laughs) So, your last fight - Rinky Spider. Another brilliant fighter, who made quite a run at NGF and came over to challenge you. What you thought when you heard about this fight?

Neo: Rinky Spider is a very powerful fighter. A formidable opponent.

C. Garcia: You made quite a fanbase with your fighting style - but even if you are fighting at 265+lbs, there are rumors that you still can make 265lbs limit for heavyweight. Did you ever consider trying to make run there?

Neo: I am meant to fight the most powerful and dangerous fighters on this planet. The 265+ weight class has the largest and most powerful fighters. Recently, critics have expressed doubt that I can defeat the best 265 fighters. They will be proven wrong soon enough.

C. Garcia: Is there anyone in the superheavyweight division who you looks at as a challenge? Anyone who you would like to fight?

Neo: Many many fighters in the super heavyweight division pose a challenge to me. I leave it up to EVO to determine my opponents.

C. Garcia: Speaking of next fights - any word from EVO about your next opponent? Or maybe is there other organization willing to bring you over for fight or two?

Neo: I have heard rumors of my next opponent in EVO, but it is too early to announce to the media. If the rumors are true, many critics will soon be put in their place. Regarding other organizations, at some point I will have to defend my Cornell Cage Fighting title belt but there is no date set as of yet.

C. Garcia: You are still young, If I have correct intel you are youngest P4P Top 10 fighter currently, do you think about as succes that was brought to you by your hard work, or just as a motivation to get that #1 spot asap?

Neo: I am always looking to destroy all opponents in my path. My mission is MMA Tycoon world domination.

C. Garcia: Mr. Downs is really remarkable manager, but I've heard somewhere that he was advised to let you go. Was that legit scenario? Was he ever even close to release you and wish you best in your future?

Neo: Yes, that rumor is true. Early in my career he was advised to terminate me. He made the correct decision.

C. Garcia: Time to wrap it up. I enjoyed your company, but we are almost out of time - one last question, if I can. If you could pick one man, past or present, bantamweight or heavyweight, to do a superfight for sold out LA Memorial Colossuseum - who would you love to fight? Is there anyone you regret that you had no chance to fight or someone from current landscape, who still didn't get his chance to fight you?

Neo: The most savage fighter to ever live: Fidel Puno

C. Garcia: Thank you for your time, Neo. It was pleasure to talk to you, I hope we will have more opportunities like that. I wish you best in your next fight. But please, try to NOT kill your next opponent, ok? I wish our audience good night, and join us next time!

The Stock Exchange

Hello everybody, it is time for another edition of the Stock Exchange where we'll be showcasing a few of the fighters that have seen some big changes in the value of their stock lately. So here are my picks for this issue.

The Risers

Devin"Furious"Styles-Devin has been burning through Syn's Heavyweight division as of late, and with a huge victory over ex Pound for Pound King Kyle Carlton he was able to get his first defense of the Syn' Heavyweight Title. Devin hasn't lost since September 18th at Syn' 257, where he suffered a devastating Knock out to Autumn Hunter. That lose has inspired Devin and his manager Blunts Allday to take their game to the next level, and they are now on a five fight win streak and sitting at the number 4 Heavyweight spot and number 15 pound for pound.

"Bow-Tie"Scotty Bennet-You won't see too many fighters in today's age putting together an impressive win streak like Scotty has sitting at 25-0, including a super impressive victory to capture the Syn' Light Heavyweight belt in his last outing against the always dangerous Juan Sebastien Veron. The level of competition is only going to continue to get stronger for this young up and comer, and that can be noted with his first title defense being set against Otto Jokinen. With 20 knockouts to his credit already, some great management with Johnny Lee Paris, and already being ranked in the top 5 pound for pound fighters, I think it is only a matter of time before we see Scotty as the best fighter in the world.

"The Final Boss"Neo Kable-I don't know if anybodies stock has raised as much as Neo's this guy currently has a 23-0 record, with 23 knock outs and only 3 of those fights have made it out of the first round. He recently won the Super Heavyweight Fighter of the Year and 25 year old Fighter of the Year, which only adds to the hype that he has built while taking out some of the top fighters in the world as well as winner the Evo:Fighter of the Year Tournament. Neo is ranked the number 3 pound for pound fighter in the world and he'll be putting that and his Evo Title on the line on Jan 30th when he faces off with his toughest test to date James Proudstar. That fight could be an early candidate for Knock out of the year which ever way it goes, but a win in it could see Neo make the jump to number 1!

The Fallers

"Far"Ken Oath-Being dobbed as a late bloomer by his manager Stu Pidasol, Ken went on a 9 fight win streak including the destruction of former top fighter Don Marciano back in November. Then in a highly hyped and looked forward to match up with future pound for pound King Carl Creel, which ended in a first round Knockout that seems to have completely stopped the rising stars momentum in its tracks. He has since then lost a fight to underdog Prophet Mohammed via cut in the 4th round, in an affair that he was getting picked apart in. That fight has brought up the question could the 28 years old better days be behind him? We'll will see when he takes on the also struggling J Breaker at Evo 62 on Jan. 24th!

"Sabretooth"Victor Creed-Back on November 16th Victor hit the highest point of his career, he knocked off the top pound for pound fighter Kyle Carlton to capture the Evo Heavyweight title, and take the spot as the best fighter in the world. That all came crashing down in his next fight the following week when he was stopped with strikes by the up and coming Mitchell Stehling in the 2nd Rd. Then just 11 days later suffered another knockout loss to Austin Powers, and his second defeat in a row. Manager Lance Templeton decided it would be in Victor's best interest to take some time off and regroup, and as of right now it is uncertain of when he will return to action.

"Hands of Stone"Tito Hopkins-After fighting the majority of his career at Middleweight or Light Heavyweight, Tito and his Manager James Smith decided to make the move down to Welterweight and after stumbling in his first two match ups at the new weight Tito racked off 4 wins in a row against top level competition. When he beat Dennis Wise and Sabin Figaro everybody thought he was on his way to the top, and for good reason the 50 plus fight veteran has a great skill set and natural finishing ability that has helped him earn 28 knock out victories. Tito met Jyrska Velmu at Evo 54 and was up on the score cards going into the 4th round but fell victim to a nasty knock out late in the round. Then Hopkins looked to bounce back against ex pound for pound King Sinuhe Egyptain, but he let his emotions get the better of him and the fight ended in a similar fashion as the last. It is unclear as to who Hopkins next opponent will be but at 36 years old I doubt he has too many more miles left, but for the moment he is still under contract with Evo so I'm sure we'll see him throw down again.

Well folks that concludes this edition of the Stock Exchange, make sure to check us out next issue when we bring you some more fighters that are on their way up and some that are tumbling down the rankings.

Rising Stars

This segment is going to be dedicated to some of the Up and Coming Stars of the Tycoon world. I'll pick a few of the fighters out that I think have a huge upside and haven't even reached their prime yet. So here are my picks for this issue.

Holy Jenova(183005)-Holy has looked like a Monster in the Heavyweight division as of late, and with an impressive 10-0 record and recently breaking into the top 200 pound for pound fighters this guy is someone to keep an eye on. He has finished all ten of his opponents to date, and only two of those matches have went passed the first round. In his last three fights he has taken out fellow prospects Patrick Bateman, Tor Pellinore, and Optimus Rimes and hasn't even broke a sweat in doing so. He has some of the nastiest Clinch work in MMA and if the fight goes there it is most likely going to be over. Holy is currently signed with Ascension:Europa, but after talking with his manager Tom Violence he doesn't have an opponent lined up just yet.

Tiago"the Brazilian mt machine"Renato(177936)-After losing his first professional fight Tiago has since then been on a tear winning 11 straight including 3 title fights and 7 "of the Night" awards. After spending the majority of his career in Invictus and clearing out their Light Heavyweight division, Tiago and his manager Jorma Otlsu decided to try out some tougher competition and recently signed with Heroic. Tiago has an impressive striking arsenal with great natural power that he has used to finish 10 of his opponents, but has also showed the skill set and confidence to battle it out for three rounds. Tiago has the skill set, manager, and all of the tools that it will take to become one of the greatest young talents in the Tycoon world.

"The Wicker Man"Roman Kersikov(181599)-Roman has been tearing through the Featherweight division, and to be honest I don't see any of the top lighter weight fighters looking forward to standing across the cage from this guy. This guy appears to be a beast, and hasn't showed any weaknesses yet sitting at 9-0. You would think that coming out of the famed Convicted camp and being a member of the respected Kersihov family would put too much pressure on the young star, but he seems to be using that as more motivation to live up to the hype. Roman recently just broke into the top 500 pound for pound fighters, and is showing no signs of slowing down now. Roman's manager Dean Sutherland has said that Roman is one of the more skilled of the Kersikov brothers, and he has high hopes for this 25 year old.

Santiago"Fancy Pants"Colon(183328)-Santiago started his career out in Maple Leaf Combat where he defended the Middleweight title 5 times in row before losing it, after that loss he and his manager Ruphus Duphus decided that a move to Welterweight in his best interest. Colon has since signed with the top org Cage Wars and won his first two matchs under their banner, and could be looking at a title shot soon. Santiago now boast a 11-2 record and is sitting around the top 250 pound for pound fighters in the world, so it looks like the move was the right thing to do. He has a Sensational Boxing game and dynamite in both of his hands, but has been adapting nicely to the other aspects of the fight game. I would say in the next couple of months you will really get to see Colon showcase his true talent, and set himself apart from the rest of the pack.

"The Imp"Tyrion Lannister(195101)-This 23 year old Ezekel Rage prospect has showed that the sky is the limit in his last couple of outings. Tyrion recently knocked off fellow up and comer Metin Eroglu with an impressive submission victory. He started out his career in the Bantamweight division and has since fought in Featherweight and most recently Lightweight, and after losing his pro debut he has amassed an impressive 12 fight win streak. He has a granite chin and natural KO power that he uses to stand and bang and loves brutalizing his opponents body, but he also has some world class grappling and has showed that with his two career submission victories. With Tyrion's latest victory he has spring boarded himself into the top 10 fighters in the Lightweight division and the top 100 pound for pound fighters in the World. Such an accomplishment for such a young fighter makes you believe that he could be the next BIG thing!

All 5 of these fighters are guys you are going to want to keep an eye on, as I am sure over the next couple of months they will be making some waves in the Tycoon World!

Chris Karter Interview

Skip Clueless - Thanks for taking the time to talk to us Chris, lets get straight into this. Convicted ended up topping the alliance charts again. What is it that makes the alliance as successful as it is?

CK - To be as successful as we have, it requires a great team. We have an alliance full of great individuals and the chemistry to keep it together. It's a team effort and we succeed on all fronts.

Skip Clueless - You yourself have had a great year apart from one mishap, Womba. How would you rate Womba and do you think if you had another crack at him, you would finally get the win.

CK - Womba's the luckiest fighter in mmatycoon. What he's been able to do is second to none, and he deserves the fighter of the year award. I think there's a few fighters on my stable that have the ability to mop the floor with him, but luck and randomly generated rolls dictate the outcomes of these fights, so it's hard telling. Hasn't rolled in my favor so far haha.

Skip Clueless - Now you have a roster which is starting to get to that stage of where they are thinking about retirement. You have young talent coming through also at the same time. Who are you most excited about and why.

CK - I only have 3 fighters under the age of 27 and they don't have much experience. Kajun Puno because of the Puno name and the legacy that Fidel Puno left behind.

Skip Clueless - You are known to have some of the most talented Light Heavyweights around. Which one of them would you consider to be the most accomplished?

CK - Taj al Din. He's been the #1 P4P fighter and he's won consistently on the biggest stages. Had his career not been plagued with injuries, he'd still be dominating the top of the LHW division for years to come.

Skip Clueless - Out of all of the fights you have had this year, which one was your own personal favorite?

CK - This one will surprise you, but I'll stick to recent memory and not try to dig up a fight from earlier in 2013. Enzo Moretti vs Erik Bennet. Enzo was about to drop a decision loss after being laid on for most of the fight and knocked out his opponent with 5 seconds left in the 5th round. Either that or Qing Kong vs William Bird, that was a helluva fight. KT fight of the year no doubt.

Skip Clueless - What do you think the year 2014 will bring to the house of Convicted and yourself?

CK - A lot of division 1 alliance trophies, with or without me.

Skip Clueless - Is there anything you personally would like to say to the rest of the managers out there?

CK - Good luck.

Skip Clueless - Thanks very much for your time Mr Karter and good luck in the future.

CK - You too buddy. Keep up the good work.

Tosens Corner

We all have this one trigger, this single point of annoyance, that for some reason turns us into frothing lunatics. For me, that particular piece of stupid bullshit is smug douchebags spreading misinformation to people who don't know any better.

For example, I've been in more arguments about each of the world religions and their adherents than I care to admit. Now, I'm far from an expert on any of those subjects, but I still have several years of college classes about most of the major religious movements on the planet to my name, and thus a fairly decent basic understanding about them at the very least. In any case, it's a topic I'm very passionate about, and my career is teaching impressionable children about it in a balanced and respectful way.

When it comes to this game, I make a point out of helping almost every new player I interact with, whether it's monetary or tactical. Unlike many other «veteran» managers I've never kept my tactics and accumulated game knowledge under lock and key. I've spent countless hours explaining sliders and game mechanics to complete spazzes with barely passable communication skills, and some of them even went on to become pretty decent managers in their own right (with K Rad being the most famous example for all the wrong reasons). However, there are some people who take it upon themselves to «help» out new players despite lacking any kind of competence beyond their ability to duck fights and barely floating above a 50% win rate. This wouldn't really bother me if they didn't do it in the most self-fellating way possible.

Over the years, I've clashed with people who pissed me off for this exact reason numerous times. Alexi Zaitev in particular has probably had to suffer me in this particular mood more than anyone else in Tycoon. Whenever I'd mosey on into the MMATycoon chat room, he'd usually be in there handing out advice, usually followed by some kind of PS about him being a terrible manager. This would be fine (because his slider advice was inoffensive at best and awful at worst), but his apparent inability to not casually slide his own perceived incompetence into every single conversation about game mechanics he ever was a part of made me wonder why he'd even feel the need to constantly contribute if he thought so poorly of his own abilities.

The only logical conclusion I could come to was that he secretly thought he was phenomenally gifted (he more than once claimed that he believed he «understood the sliders very well» or something to that effect while at the same time being incapable of actually using them himself) and thus was fishing for verbal pats on the back. The way his circle-jerking alliance (EFC, the self-proclaimed «amazing slidermen») seemed to carry themselves only enforced this view, and because of that I made a point out of dismantling every piece of advice I ever saw him give. I never said I wasn't very petty.

Now, I think Alexi is a good dude and he's become a really solid manager over the years. The way he came across back then is eerily similar to how the «chat heroes» act, though.

The «chat heroes» is what I call a group of new(-ish) managers who have been practically living in the IRC channel since they joined the game. They're a colorful array of sub-par trolls, teenagers and idiots who seem hell-bent on shitting up every conversation and forum thread imaginable. Winners like castor and Rainbow hold special places in my heart for the sheer amount of contentless drivel they churn out on a daily basis.

Two of my fellow TWW writers happen to be chat heroes: KillerBunny and King Arthur. As much as I'd enjoy ripping on King Arthur for liking Five Finger Death Punch and being generally unsavory, I'm on the clock and will spend the last of my energy on KillerBunny instead.

I am not entirely sure whether KillerBunny decided to start playing Tycoon before joining the chat room for the first time or not, or exactly when he started playing. What I do know is that he somehow dick tucked his way into the top 10 without facing any legitimate competition and is the proud owner of an incredibly mediocre manager record. He is usually seen distributing bad tactical advice to new players like a bishop distributing ass rapings to children and contributing to conversations with his amazing insight and array of horribly feminine emoticons. Seriously, English is like his 8th language and all the seven other languages are wingdings for Microsoft Word and fucking stupid-ass emoticons.

For some reason he's also weirdly racist towards Japanese fighters. In my experience, people who end half their sentences with «D:» are weeabo dirtbags with anime body pillows and bad body odor, so points in his favor I suppose.

Just kidding, KillerBunny.

Not Really.

Tosen out.

• Upvote 15

But you get that the "Amazing Slidermen" is just an internal running gag and fun, right? You know, Spiderman and shit. :) Not that i'm giving a rat ass about us being in your book of cool people, Manne, but as you getting quite repetitive with this now for reasons i don't get: hands down, the ally has and always had a good rep since all the years we stick together now and that for good reasons, no posers, no smacktalkers, just friendly guys who love the game.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

But you get that the "Amazing Slidermen" is just an internal running gag and fun, right? You know, Spiderman and shit. :) Not that i'm giving a rat ass about us being in your book of cool people, Manne, but as you getting quite repetitive with this now for reasons i don't get: hands down, the ally has and always had a good rep since all the years we stick together now and that for good reasons, no posers, no smacktalkers, just friendly guys who love the game.

Stay tuned for the next exciting installment of Tosen's Corner, where I write all about the EFC and the enormous stick up their collective ass.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Stay tuned for the next exciting installment of Tosen's Corner, where I write all about the EFC and the enormous stick up their collective ass.

Whatever gives your tycoon life a purpose, just let me ask this, from the longterm members who are still playing, Donnie, Brick, T, Hunter, Mihail... did you ever had contact with anyone of them in all the years, like, at all? I'm cool with any kind of satire, i just can't stand oneliners like refering to us (as if it would be common knowledge) bragging with slider knowledge which is obviously bs. Maybe you can blame us for the opposite, being a bit boring when it comes to hyping and stuff, ok.

• Upvote 2

Whatever gives your tycoon life a purpose, just let me ask this, from the longterm members who are still playing, Donnie, Brick, T, Hunter, Mihail... did you ever had contact with anyone of them in all the years, like, at all? I'm cool with any kind of satire, i just can't stand oneliners like refering to us (as if it would be common knowledge) bragging with slider knowledge which is obviously bs. Maybe you can blame us for the opposite, being a bit boring when it comes to hyping and stuff, ok.

Be careful guys, this stuff is serious.

• Downvote 2

Read the next edition and you might just find out.

I do however have a hard time understanding what you mean about "'oneliners".

• Downvote 1