Mike Hussle: From street gangs to kickboxing prodigy

RazorMuayThai

Mike Hussle: From street gangs to kickboxing prodigy

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13969631318583.png

Mike Hussle wasn’t always the kid with a glistening career ahead of him, from the streets of Leeds to fighting in Xtreme K1 Combat’s premium kickboxing events; this is the story of Mike “The Prodigy” Hussle.

Chapter 1: The early years

Mike was born on the 6th of August 1996 at the Leeds General Infirmary hospital in to what many knew would be a hard life for the young man. His mother, Mary Hussle, had always had a tough life. She was left on the door step of a care home at a young age and abused as a child in the many foster homes that she passed through until the age of 16 when she finally left the career home with an already troubled addiction to crack cocaine. She started working on the streets as a prostitute to fuel her drug addiction at the age of 17 and was pregnant with Mike at the age of 19, to whom she never knew. She gave birth to Mike at the age of 20 and sadly passed away due to a drug overdose at the age of 27, Mike was just 7-years-old.

“My mother had her problems but she always tried her best with me and my younger brother, it was a hard life growing up, we had no money and jumped from house to house with no real place to call home. She died when I was still a child; I have a very vague memory of her.”

Mike was in and out of schools until the age of 13, been sent from place to place after being kicked out for several different offences within the schools, by the age of 14 he was raising him and his 10-year-old brother on his own, selling drugs and robbing houses to gather money for food and clothes.

It was getting into drugs where Mike first discovered his fighting schools, scuffling with drug dealers for turf and respect; he had always got the better in the altercations.

Chapter 2: Behind bars

At the age of 15, Mike was sent away for possession of class-A drugs, because he was still a child in the laws eyes, he only got 6 months in a young offender’s prison. It was in this prison that Mike met a dear friend of current manager and trainer Aaron ThaiGuy.

Mike quickly established himself as one of the alpha males in the prison yard, handing out beat downs on the yard on almost a daily basis.

After 2 months of being in the prison, Mike had a ruthless reputation but it was a prison scheme to teach the young offenders the art of Muay Thai that would save Mike and propel him to potential future stardom.

The enrolled in the Muay Thai courses and the trainer of the classes quickly realised the potential that Mike possessed with natural powerful hands and an eager passion to learn and a brain of a sponge that quickly absorbed any information he was taught.

Chapter 3: Super-Human Palace Gym

Shortly after leaving young offenders prison, Mike Hussle at the age of 16-years-old was introduced to Aaron ThaiGuy whom is now Hussle’s full-time manager and instructor.

“Meeting Aaron was the greatest thing that ever happened to me. He has pulled me from the life of crime and set me on a path that will bring me fame and fortune. I am forever grateful to this man! I owe him everything.”

Hussle quickly setteled into the Super-Human Palace Gym and quickly established himself as fighting material. He trained hard, learned fast and developed quickly into a solid youngster.

Chapter 4: Xtreme K-1 Combat

After a few amateur stand-out performances, Xtreme K-1 combat approached Hussle regarding signing the youngster to fight in their kickboxing promotion and the young man instantly snapped to fight in one of the world’s premium kickboxing organisations.

Once signed, he was then offered his debut fight against very tough Belarusian younger Yvgeny Molotov.

“Yvgeny was a little too much a little too soon for me. I knew I was coming up against someone tough and in the end I found out I’d jumped in at the deep end a little too early.”

Molotov stopped Mike in the second-round, seeing the 16-year-old loose his professional debut.

The youngster has since bounced back with two stoppage wins and a fantastic KO of the night spinning back fist knock out in his last fight as he develops into a well-rounded young kickboxer.

Chapter 5: Coming soon....

Mike is set to face Mark Addison at XKC 14 in just 2 days, a fight that the young-man is very confident of winning.

The future is yet unknown for Mike, but its set to be in bright lights and fame, if he can stay away from the past life that he once lived.

Stay tuned for more on Mike Hussle.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Chapter 5: Youth Development

As Mike expected, he picked up the win over Mark Addison at XKC 14 in spectacular fashion with a first-round head kick knockout. The young-man grows ever stronger and ever better in his fights and puts on more and more dominant performances' evertime he steps into the ring and although he has a growing fan base that is eager to see "The Prodigy" fight, he has decided he will go back to training for a couple of months before stepping into the ring again.

"I am only 17-years-old and I already have four fights to my name. I am still young and I feel that I need to ensure that I use my youth to develop as a fighter. I plan to spend a few months in camp, working hard and improving on every aspect of my kickboxing game before returning to Xtreme K1 Combat with one goal in mind and that will be to get that title and avenge my lost to Molotov."

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Chapter 6: It's time for a change

It has been sometime since we last heard from Mike Hussle, in this time the young man has further been advancing his skills in the gym, training hard and developing quickly, he has formed into a true warrior with elite standup skills. We also saw Hussle lose a close fought fight by decision at XKC 17 in October, a fight which Hussle never really got going in and ended his three-fight winning streak, putting his record to 3-2.

In the latest news, it has been announced that Hussle will fight True Blood at NACF-001, a fight in which will see Hussle retire from KT as he looks to make the transition into MMA.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...