Highland Games - Official Thread

clydebankblitz

http://i61.tinypic.com/wj9tw4.jpg

Bhola Djin Djin

"Damn, there's a lot of people above me in the rankings now, hype wise. But I'll say what I've been saying all along - I'm better than everyone in the lightweight division. That belt is mine as soon as I fight for it. Moshington - you'll feel my teeth on Sunday."

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/24/24w15.jpg

Massimo Benvenuti

Highland Games 2 times middleweight champion

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20140926172750titlebelt.png

"Thanks boss, I like this one... very cool. Definitely approved!"

I was going to go for something more Italian but I think the "racing" style can somewhat reflect Italy well. Btw, Benvenuti is the first two time champion in HG. Although you can be damn sure that LHW will reply saying that's only because you lost lmao.

http://i61.tinypic.com/wj9tw4.jpg

Bhola Djin Djin

"Damn, there's a lot of people above me in the rankings now, hype wise. But I'll say what I've been saying all along - I'm better than everyone in the lightweight division. That belt is mine as soon as I fight for it. Moshington - you'll feel my teeth on Sunday."

I don't worry too much about the hype. I remember when LightHeavy Weight was barely a draw. Now he's either #2 or #3 of every single fighter on The Island. Keep winning, the hype keeps going up. I'm not sure of the lay of the land after the current list of fighters get a win, but at the most Bhola would be two wins off of a title shot, potentially one if he can beat Moshington.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14018025829920.png

Nelson Frazier Jr

8-2-0

Loving it already!

I thought the army style would reflect um well haha.

• Upvote 1

http://i67.fastpic.ru/big/2014/1217/47/2798efb50ff83e0ad257843592f6fe47.png
http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20140926172750titlebelt.png
LHW

I was going to go for something more Italian but I think the "racing" style can somewhat reflect Italy well. Btw, Benvenuti is the first two time champion in HG. Although you can be damn sure that LHW will reply saying that's only because you lost lmao.

You said it, not me! But yes, that's only shows that Benvenuti is not dominating champion

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/1422834865callum.png

Callum McGregor

Benvenuti is 14-1, has held the belt twice, has wins over Grant Morrison x2, Jonah Sorentino, Renato Gracie, Nestor Shufrich, Massimo Paterno, Rodrigo Rojas, Arnavut Sevket and Razor Muay Thai.

I can't imagine too many people knocking his confidence right now.

It just shows Benvenuti's level that Morrison is fighting him for a THIRD time. Grant is that good that he goes out there, KOs everyone and earns opportunity after opportunity to dethrone Massimo B. Can't wait for their third encounter with Morrison probably on his most impressive streak yet.

I'm sure Benvenuti is dying for Massa Hurmaaja to earn another shot at the belt so he can wipe the only loss from his record, much like LHW did against Eirikur Adalsteinn.

• Upvote 1

Callum McGregor

It's defo been a tough road for Rojas since he won the title.

He's 2-3 since then, losing his last fight to Morrison.

If he can get a win over Jonah Sorentino in his next fight, he'll be back in the mix.

But a loss will see the former champ fall towards the bottom of the MW division.

Would be a hard journey back to the top from the bottom.

Rojas needs this win to remain a threat.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/42/42b8.jpg

Gianluca Balotelli

135lbs fighter

​ "I don't need a flashy banner to try and assert myself on the division or organisation. The true king of The Island will reign soon, and you will all be begging for mercy. Bow down b*tches, Balotelli is coming for you!"

(nice work though, nice addition !)

• Upvote 1

I love the way you're giving your own character a proper presence. It's great to see organisation owners do stuff like this :)

I'm going to add to it with post fight press conferences and maybe some "scrum" kind of things before it.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/42/42b8.jpg

Gianluca Balotelli

135lbs fighter

​ "I don't need a flashy banner to try and assert myself on the division or organisation. The true king of The Island will reign soon, and you will all be begging for mercy. Bow down b*tches, Balotelli is coming for you!"

(nice work though, nice addition !)

Breaking kayfabe, I laughed at "I dont need a flashy banner......nice work and addition though" lmao.

Ahead of Highland Games 52 on the 5th of February, Callum McGregor took some time to talk to the media in a pre-fight scrum.

Why did you choose Jake Theodorou over Rodrigo Gracie to challenge LightHeavy Weight?

It’s simple, Jake has a stoppage victory over Rodrigo Gracie. I take absolutely nothing after from Rodrigo’s accomplishments. His upset win over Michael Coleman is one of the best moments on The Island this season, but the last time Jake and Rodrigo clashed, Jake easily avoided the submission attempts of Rodrigo and finished him by being the all-round better ground fighter. It was really between these two men and I feel that Jake, being that his only loss is to LightHeavy Weight, has earned the opportunity to challenge for the title once again.

What do you think will be different in this fight between Theodorou and LHW?

It’s really hard to say. Since the Theodorou fight, LHW has really looked human. He took a few early shots from Eirikur Adalsteinn, who needed not much more to finish him the first time, then he was floored by Dieter Von Sprockets. Theodorou on the other hand has barely been contested since their first fight. The whole fight, like the first time, will be decided on who can implement their gameplan first. If LHW can get the clinch, the fight ends there, most likely by cuts. If Theodorou gets the fight to the ground, he’s an extremely active grappler and he will probably walk home as the new champion if he gets the fight into his wheel house. There might be a big difference, but the odds say that there will be no difference at all.

Where will Highland Games be based following the Island season’s end?

I can't say yet. Ask me again in a couple of weeks.

A lot of fighters that were suspected to join Highland Games from Attack Fight League have instead joined World Combat. What are your thoughts on this?

It’s up to the fighters. For most, I think the decision was money over greatness. World Combat offered a lot more money to guys that really haven’t proven to be the most elite fighters around. Highland Games offers a substantial amount to fighters who are able to get their hands on gold. If you look at who we signed to, we got everyone that we really needed to get. Light Heavyweight Champion Rodrigo Gracie, Lightweight Champion Gottlieb Hiebknecht, Bantamweight Champion Neil Drake. I think that these guys understood that the real challenges were in Highland Games, and that to be the best fighter on the Island, the guys they had to fight were under our banner. Now we’ve got Ibaka Vs Drake 2, Hiebknecht Vs Mustafa Shabazz and we’re expecting to announce an opponent for Rodrigo Gracie very soon. I feel that we had a highly successful recruiting campaign, and it will only be a matter of time before some guys who chose a different route are regretting their decision. Darth Vader is already talking about fighting in Highland Games once he wins the World Combat title. He knows that to be #1, he had to defeat #1.

Any update on Don Killuminati?

I have absolutely no idea. I know that he turned down an offer to fight Calvin Brooks. He only has a new contract sitting on his desk but I've not heard anything from Don or Ryan Berry about his situation.

There has been some recent stirrings of a potential fight between Massimo Benvenuti and LightHeavy Weight, have you got any news on that?

Completely unfounded rumours. A lot of people don’t know this but Massimo is a very small Middleweight. I'm sure that if he dedicated himself towards it, he could be fighting at Lightweight. There is more chance of Massimo Benvenuti fighting Mustafa Shabazz than LightHeavy Weight, and the chances of that happening are extremely slim. Unless one of these guys wants to make a big jump, it’s not something that’s on the cards. I don’t see any way that we can make this work. Benvenuti has just captured the title. He has a murders row of challengers ahead of him while LHW has his own tests still to pass.

Matt Porcelain Punisher has been linked to a fight with Barney Gumble for a while. Do you think we’ll ever see this fight happen?

According to Gumble’s camp, the fight was offered and Punisher turned it down. I can’t tell you how true these statements are however. As far as I’m concerned, if Punisher wants to fight a guy in Highland Games, he can cut down to their weight class and fight them. We don’t put on freak show fights. This isn’t an organisation for special attractions. We have legitimate and meaningful competitions in here. If Matt Punisher is serious about competing against Barney Gumble, he can cut down to 265 and challenge him for the title. If I'm correct, his camp claims that he is able to cut to 270 right now. With the right supplements and the right nutrition, he'd be able to compete at HW at the very least in the end of season tournament. He has a month to do it. He can fight some nobodies at 265+, or he can actually look for a challenge. I would put money down that Barney Gumble stops Matt Punisher before the end of the first round.

• Upvote 2

FIGHTER SPOTLIGHT

JOEL NICOLA

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1w26.jpg

When Joel Nicola joined Highland Games, he was 2-0 in his professional career. Debuting at 25 years old, Nicola faced off against Akau Umaga in September of 2014. Early in the first, Nicola floored Umaga twice with massive right hands. Umaga was out on his feet and just nine seconds beyond the first minute, Nicola knocked Akau Umaga unconscious.

In his second independent fight, Nicola took on 2-1 Brando Bandido. The BJJ Brown Belt had submitted both of his recent opponents by triangle choke, and Nicola would have to avoid the ground game at all costs if he wanted to come out of the fight as the victor. Nicola battered Bandido’s body with punches and kicks and displayed a versatile and dynamic striking game. Just after the second minute, Bandido fell to a straight right, making it 2-0 for the Bahamas native.

It was then that Joel Nicola, alongside stablemate heavyweights Mib Louie and Diamond Andy, signed on the dotted line to become an official competitor for Highland Games.

It was decided amongst Callum McGregor, Highland Games founder and president, and ZyD XyD, Nicola’s manager, that Joel would make his debut for HG at Highland Games 2 against fellow 2-0 fighter Eirikur Adalsteinn in a co-main event clash. Adalsteinn knocked out both Johny Isla and Hanjong Mc Vetrol in Chaos before signing for Highland Games, and was looking like a lethal scrapper. In a video preview for the event, Nicola was described as having Knockout Power, Accurate Punches, Killer Body Shots and Relentless Aggression. His opponent was hailed for his own KO abilities and accurate punches, but also cited as being a head-hunter with a majestic gold beard. The fight lasted just 1 minute and 57 seconds. The fight took place on the feet which was heavily expected. Adalsteinn was strictly looking to take Nicola’s head off, while Joel was mixing it up a little better to the head and body. It was late in the first round when Nicola threw a high kick. Adalsteinn easily avoided it, and Nicola dropped his hands looking to rest. Adalsteinn moved into range, but Nicola was playing possum and landed an incredible flying knee to knock Adalsteinn out cold. To date, only one other man has landed a flying knee knockout in Highland Games; Nicola’s stablemate Mib Louie. It was a huge win which secured Joel Knockout of the Night, and also put Nicola right at the top of the pile. If anything, this win has only looked better with time. Adalsteinn has went on to fight for the title on two occasions and has knockout victories over Scott Mcginty, Momo La Brute and current 205 champion LightHeavy Weight.

With 3 straight wins, Nicola was booked to fight 13 days later. This time he would face another fighter with a similar record, three fights with three straight first round finishes. This man was now-current Highland Games number 1 contender Jake Theodorou. In the preview for the fight, it was speculated that Nicola might have a tendency to suffer from cuts as a result of a nasty gash which formed after a brief scuffle with Adalsteinn in his previous fight. Looking back, this probably should have been a Light Heavyweight title fight. The organisation was new and these two guys were the division’s best at the time. In the clash, Theodorou needed mere seconds to secure the takedown. Nicola was beaten badly for 5 straight minutes, almost being stopped at the very end. Joel came out in the second round, still dazed and confused. None the less, he dodged an early takedown attempt. Nicola likely felt things would turn in his favour here, but his confidence was a little too high and instantly afterwards he was taken down again. In his rocked state, Nicola couldn’t get his hands up in time from his back and Theodorou landed a barrage of punches which led to the ref stepping in to end the fight. While Jake went on a hiatus following the victory, Nicola had suffered his first professional loss, having his title aspirations dashed in the process.

It was a hard lesson for Nicola, whom had tasted nothing but success in his career. He was beaten by the superior fighter, but the drive and determination of the contender was not halted there. A fortnight later, Nicola was back in action again. This time Joel took on Matheus Dubin at Highland Games 9, returning to the co-main event. Dubin was a submission practitioner who was 2-0 in his professional career, tapping out Danny Jonas on the undercard of Nicola/Theodorou in his last outing. As he walked to the ring, you could just see it in Nicola’s eyes that he didn’t envision himself ever losing again. He was furious at the loss, and he walked out there against Dubin and lit him up with shots to the head and body for a minute straight. Matheus’ eye was gushing blood, but Nicola gave the referee no opportunity to stop the fight due to damage. At 1:36 of the opener, Joel Nicola got back on winning ways by TKOing Matheus Dubin after a gigantic uppercut send him to the canvas.

Nicola was no flash in the pan, and he proved it against Matheus. In his third co-main clash, Nicola took on Saintly Fish, a tough 22 year old who had made it 2-0 in Highland Games. Yet again, it was a vicious and brutal display from the Bahamian. Landing all 23 of his punches, it took just over two minutes for Joel to take Fish out of the contest. The tirade was set up with a devastating high kick followed by trademark right hands until Fish was frozen on the mat. Joel Nicola was 5-1, but more importantly; Joel Nicola was back.

Nicola was back near the top of the division. The man whom he had bested in his debut; Eirikur Adalsteinn, was taking on Rodrigo Rojas for the inaugural Light Heavyweight Championship. Nicola knew that he would take the title if Adalsteinn won his fight, and all he had to do to secure that opportunity was get past LightHeavy Weight. LHW was 3-1, and had just came off a knockout loss to Adalsteinn in a number one contenders fight. LHW was known for his outstanding clinch game, and even dominated the fight with Eirikur before being caught cold in the second round. A win here, and it was Nicola’s chance to challenge for the title. The fight was scheduled for Highland Games 18. This was a card devised by Harriet Marshall, the temporary HG match maker, and it was on all counts a ‘super card’. All the top draws were competing, with Nicola and LHW being a staple in the line-up. On paper, it was an extremely close fight. Nicola had taken the best from Adalsteinn and still came out on top, while LHW was knocked unconscious when he tried to exchange with ‘Goldbeard’. By pure MMA maths, Nicola should have been able to knock LHW if he was able to land on the target. LHW came out aggressively, throwing a few shots which Nicola easily defended. The strikes were all part of a ruse however, as in just seconds LHW managed to tie Nicola up with a clinch. The remaining four and a half minutes was sickening. Nicola was ripped opened by nasty elbows and battered within an inch of his life. He stayed on his feet, barely, but he knew that in the next round they would be in striking distance once again. Nicola came out for the second and straight away landed a jab. He followed it up with a vicious body kick, but again got put against the cage in a clinch. A glimmer of hope appeared as Joel managed to break the clinch and circle off. Joel again worked his jab and body kick combos. He almost landed a huge head kick early in the second minute but it was just a glancing blow. The effort was all for nothing though. Again Weight got the clinch, and at 3:51 of the second round LightHeavy Weight managed to land an elbow / uppercut combination which rocked Nicola hard. The referee stepped in during a flurry of strikes, dragging LightHeavy Weight off of Nicola’s lifeless body and calling an end to the fight.

One again, Joel Nicola was just moments away from fighting for the Highland Games title, only to be stopped in his tracks by a superior grappler. There was a silver lining to both losses however. Jake Theodorou went on to fight for the title (twice come Friday), while LightHeavy Weight went on a 7 fight win streak to date, winning and defending the title 4 times and becoming one of the most dominant fighters The Island has ever seen.

He had bounced back before, could Nicola do it again? He took a month off to gather his thoughts before finally signing to fight Skunk Asap. Skunk was 4-1 and had wins in both Chaos and Ultimate XC. Skunk’s brother, Ska, was the former Attack Fight League Champion (and reclaimed the title on the same night as Nicola Vs Skunk). This was no push over for Nicola, but he’d been in there with the higher calibre and needed the win to secure his place at the top. Early in the fight, Skunk was spoiling the fight by tying up in close and not doing much outside of it. Half way through the first round, Nicola landed a huge head kick which floored Skunk. The referee began looking close as it appeared this one would be over in the first. Asap was bleeding but made his way back to his feet and covered up well. Skunk managed to sneak in some leg kicks before the end of the round. Amazingly, all three judges gave Asap the first round, but there was no way either fighter could know that at the time. Seconds out, round two. Nicola went out and was looking to land his trademark head / body combos, but Asap was diligent in chopping away at the leg before clinching whenever they got close. Nicola was throwing, but it was pretty clear that Asap took the second round. Joel now needed a knockout to win the fight. He went out for the third round and was swinging with some solid shots. Both fighters lacked accuracy but Asap seemed to outscore Nicola in the final round. When the judges decision was read, Skunk Asap had taken the fight on all three score cards 30-27.

This marked the first time in his professional career that Joel Nicola had lost two straight fights. Joel had fell to the bottom of the ranks, and the road looked long and hard to make it back to being a top contender. At the back of his mind, there was also the possibility of being released. Highland Games had frequently released fighters on three fight losing streaks, and a loss in his next fight might have seen Nicola be axed from the organisation.

Nicola’s next opponent was announced. At Highland Games 36, Joel Nicola would take on Hanjong Mc Vetrol. Mc Vetrol had faced some difficult fighters such as Eirikur Adalsteinn, Wo Fi and Mauricio Santos, but had been stopped by them all. He was on a two fight losing streak and also faced a potential release from the company had he been defeated. Nicola was the heavy favourite in this one and he came out focused and confident. Mc Vetrol came out swinging. Joel dodged a few of the punches, but was eating a lot more than he cared to. Joel seemed to be taking his time, something he hadn’t always done in his career. He threw a few shots but without much commitment, perhaps waiting to size up that killer right hand. Towards the end of the first minute, Mc Vetrol landed a huge left straight which dropped Joel. Nicola fell hard and put his hands up to defend himself, but Hanjong laid into him with lefts and rights before the referee ended the fight. The crowd were stunned. No one could believe it, most of all Joel Nicola. He had been defeated by one of the lowest ranked guys in the organisation, losing three straight fights.

Was this it for Joel? Was he going to be released by the organisation? His future was in dire peril. Joel had failed to prove that he was even a mid level fighter anymore, losing a fight everyone thought was an easy comeback fight. After discussing his options with Callum McGregor, he was granted a ‘veteran’s chance’. Joel could have one last fight in Highland Games, fulfilling his contract’s allocated number of contests. Joel’s opponent; none other than the man he debuted against, Akau Umaga. For some time Umaga had wanted the rematch. After going 0-2, Umaga had defeated Juan Rico twice in Highland Games leading up to this fight. Nicola’s road had been a lot longer than Akau’s, but the Samoan believed that it was his for the taking as Nicola had never looked weaker and more venerable. Akau came out, looking for some big punches early, but Nicola stuck some shots in to the body, something he had became renowned for in his career. Early in the first, a big left / right combo send Umaga to the floor, cutting him in the process. Akau got back to his feet, only to be send straight back down with a right. Akau was hurt bad, and the opportunity to finish in Highland Games on a high was looking great for Joel Nicola. Umaga proved to be a tough guy though. He lasted the round, even coming back with a few kicks of his own. In the second round, it was quite the same. Umaga was landing a few kicks, but Joel’s boxing was too good and he was mixing it up nicely. Just before the second minute, Joel landed a huge hook which dropped Umaga again. This time he followed him to the floor, taking side control and landing shots until the referee called for the bell. He had done it. Joel Nicola had defeated Akau Umaga for a second time, parting ways with Highland Games as a winner.

After an up and down career, Joel seemed done with mixed martial arts. Callum McGregor had approached him to return to the organisation, but Joel seemed disinterested. Going against this however, Joel took yet another fight. For the first time since his second MMA fight, Joel would fight in the independents. He took on Jonathon Helm, a 2-2 fighter who was managed by Jimmy Himen, notable for being the brains behind Scott Mcginty and Jonathon’s brother James Helm. If anything, this appeared to be a fight where Nicola wanted to prove something to himself. He might not have achieved his dream of becoming a champion, but that he was more than just another nameless mediocre competitor in the pack. The fight was almost an instant replay of the Umaga fight. Helm hit the canvas twice in the first, once to punches and once to a head kick. He survived the round, but duel head kicks in the second had him hitting the mat once again. Joel’s kickboxing had never looked better, and just after the third minute of the second round, Joel’s career long right hand from hell knocked Jonathan Helm out cold. Joel Nicola had proved to everyone that on any given day, he had the kickboxing to stop every fighter in the world.

Following the win over Jonathon Helm, Joel Nicola parted ways with his lifelong promoter ZyD XyD and retired peacefully. Joel Nicola might never have become Highland Games Light Heavyweight Champion, but throughout his career he was one of the most dangerous and unpredictable strikers we’ve ever seen.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/142296979852.png

HIGHLAND GAMES 52 PREVIEW

Written by Shtaaf Reimish

Ladies and Gentlemen, coming to you live on February 5th from Hayashi's Lounge - The Island, Highland Games presents: Highland Games 52! The stacked card is highlighted by the main event Light Heavyweight Championship rematch between LightHeavy "205" Weight and Jake "The Spartan" Theodorou! Shtaaf Reimish here to break down all the action for you so you can be fully prepared for the action down at 'The Lounge' this Thursday. Let's get 'em going!

Kunar "The Crank" Lckenor (3-0) vs Anthony "Showtime" Pettis (3-0) Lightweight
We kick off the evening in the lightweight division with a fight between two guys that ran off three straight QFC victories to open their pro careers, its Kunar "The Crank" Lckenor vs Anthony "Showtime" Pettis! Other than their records, these two guys could not be more different. Lckenor is a stand up specialist who is known for throwing his knuckles. He has won all three of his fights with his knuckles in the first round ( 1 KO, 2 TKO). Pettis, on the other hand, can tussle on the floor with the best in the world. The Wisconsin native has posted submission victories in all three of his QFC bouts and will look to bring this fight to the mat as early and often as possible. I've got Lckenor keeping the fight upright and winning via KO.

Rimiaro "The One" Gracie (2-0) vs Akau "The Beast" Umaga (2-3) Light Heavyweight
The second fight on the card features Rimiaro "The One" Gracie looking to continue his promising career and Akau "The Beast" Umaga looking to prove he can last in the grinding world of pro MMA. Gracie really lacks talent while standing up, but in his first two pro fights, he was able to bring his opponent down and dominate when it got there. The Brazilian was recently released by his manager and will look for a win here to attract the best manager possible to spring board his promising career. Umaga has had an up and down go at pro MMA thus far in his career. The huge Samoan has been with Highland Games from the beginning, going 2-2 in that time frame and will look to use his superb knuckles to end Gracie's evening early. I'll take Umaga by KO.

Dick "The Heat" Castle (6-4) vs Kurt Wisdom (5-4) Lightweight
Back to the lightweights we go as two veteran Island fighters entering the Highland Games octagon looking to separate their win column from their loss column a bit further, its Dick "The Heat" Castle vs Kurt Wisdom! Castle used his fists to jump out to a 4-0 start, but hit a rut losing four of his last six. A recent switch of employers has brought the New Yorker to Highland Games from AFL, and he will look to avenge his HG debut submission loss with a victory Thursday. Wisdom fought seven times in the QFC (4-3) before he was finally rewarded with a contract by Highland Games where he has split his two bouts. The 25-year-old Malaysian has a wrestling background and will look to control this fight as much as possible, probably willing to take it to a decision. I've got Castle by TKO.

#15 Arthur "King" Carvalho (6-4) vs #10 Piotr "Wyspa" Wyspianski (6-2) Middleweight
Two more veteran Island fighters enter the octagon, this time in the middleweight division, as Arthur "King" Carvalho and Piotr "Wyspa" Wyspianski look to continue the climb up the rankings after recent wins! After a brief QFC stint, Carvalho signed a welterweight contract with AFL before making his Highland Games debut at HG 41 back at his natural 185 weight class. The brown belt BJJ specialist lost his HG debut by KO but rebounded to submit Din Ooo in the second round of HG 48. Wyspianski is making a short six day turnaround after defeating Valentin Shovkovskyj in round one of HG 51 last Friday. The Poland native has an extensive Muay Thai background combined with an amazing wrestling skill set makes him a tough opponent for anyone. Carvalho via submission.

#8 Jomlong "Mighty Midget" Kiapoity (5-2) vs #6 "Black Bear" Dominance Zelditeez (7-2) Bantamweight
For the last fight of the prelims we enter the bantamweight division with two top-notch ranked fighters looking to rebound after their second losses of their careers', its Jomlong "Mighty Midget" Kiapoity vs "Black Bear" Dominance Zelditeez! Kiapoity is a BJJ specialist who came to Highland Games after a short stint with Ultimate XC. He climbed up the bantamweight rankings before falling to Zakari Moss at HG 49 via a first round armbar. Zelditeez made an extended run in the QFC going 6-1 before a change of managers brought him to Highland Games. After a convincing submission victory in his HG debut over Men Tor, he was rewarded with a title shot at HG 40 versus Serge Ibaka. The Brazilian hung in there for nearly two full rounds with the champ before bowing via TKO to a barrage of strikes. Both guys should be hungry to climb further up the ladder towards a future shot against Ibaka or whomever else may be the champ at that time! I'll take Zelditeez via TKO simply due to how close he came to Ibaka last time out, and how bad he wants the rematch.

#9 Scott McGinty (5-2) vs #13 Momo La Brute (7-5) Light Heavyweight
To begin Thursday's main card, Highland Games brings two solid boxers, Scott McGinty and Momo La Brute, together into the octagon! McGinty has slowly been climbing the HG light heavyweight rankings since his HG debut back at HG 7. The Rockport, USA native has used his boxing background to round one KOs in all five of his victories. He has a considerable reach advantage over his counterpart Thursday so we'll have to see if he can make the most of the opportunity! La Brute has had quite a streaky career to this point, winning his first five fights, then losing three, winning two before losing his last two. His last defeat against #1 challenger Jake Theodorou (TKO at HG 47) resulted in his former manager dropping him before being scooped up by struggling manager Dodge Ford. Both guys will look to take the next rung on the ever competitive light heavyweight ladder, so there's plenty to fight for in this one! McGinty by TKO.

#6 Amine Nesquik (7-4) vs #14 Mitchel Thompson (6-3) Heavyweight
Its time for the big boys of the heavyweight division to enter the octagon as Amine Nesquik and Mitchel Thompson look to find some consistency as they look up at the contenders of the HG heavyweight division! Nesquik opened up his pro MMA career with much promise, reeling off five consecutive TKO victories before hitting a bumpy stretch, going 2-4 in his last six. The time is running out for the popular fist swinging Kyrgyzstani to make an good impression if he wants to remain a contender in Highland Games. Thompson enters this fight looking to continue off of a impressive showing at HG 50 last week, ending Kellen Patrick's night 5 seconds into round two with a barrage of fisticuffs. The former pro boxer from New York is not that far off from being a legitimate threat in the heavyweight division. I'll take Thompson by KO.

#9 Pedro "Pirate" Lazaro (8-2) vs #5 Jason Barrett (6-2) Heavyweight
In the second of back-to-back heavyweight tilts, Pedro "Pirate" Lazaro and Jason Barrett look to make a favorable impression on HG owner Callum McGregor as they each desire a chance at the heavyweight belt! Lazaro has already had a chance, losing a tough late second round barrage at the hands of current title holder Barney Gumble at HG 45. The 26-year-old Panama native is making a short turnaround after fighting only 6 days ago, a first round TKO victory over Richard Reddick. Barrett enters this fight coming off the win that ended a two fight losing streak. Those two losses were the first two of Barrett's career. The boxing specialist is probably two wins away from earning a title shot against Barney Gumble or whoever has the belt at that time. Lots on the line here for these two big boys. I'll take Barrett by KO.

#2 Louis "Crow" Gordon (7-1) vs #4 Skunk Asap (7-2) Light Heavyweight
And now, for the co-main event of the evening, Highland Games brings us a huge title implicating match-up between two guys starving for a title shot, its #2 Louis "Crow" Gordon taking on #4 Skunk Asap! Gordon became extremely popular in Ultimate XC and the AFL, racking up 6 straight win which earned him an AFL title shot just over a month ago. The Canadian lost that bout due to a cut late in the third round to Michael Coleman but rebounded nicely last week to TKO Sergey Vasilyev in what was his last AFL fight. He comes to Highland Games looking to make an immediate impact with his extensive Muay Thai background and earn the right to fight for another belt with his new organization. Asap also had a brief stink in Ultimate XC before signing a deal with Highland Games. in his time here, he is 3-1, including his recent two-fight win streak. In his last bout, Asap KO'd Ludko Struja late in the first round of HG 47. The Djibouti native has natural KO power and has some devastating knees and elbow to mix in to make him a formidable opponent. With the winner of this fight likely getting a title shot at whoever wins tonight's championship main event, there's plenty to fight for! My pick in this one is Gordon by TKO.

Light Heavyweight Championship Title

© LightHeavy "205" Weight (10-1) vs #1 Jake "The Spartan" Theodorou (8-1)
Finally, the fight the world has been waiting for, the rematch for the Highland Games Light Heavyweight Championship between the champion LightHeavy "205" Weight and, the challenger looking for revenge, Jake "The Spartan" Theodorou! These two fought one month ago Friday in what was Weight's second successful title defense in what ended just 37 seconds into round one. Theodorou started aggressively with a failed takedown attempt, but when they stood up, Weight caught him with a glancing elbow that busted open his face and then Weight opened it up further until the doctors finally called an end to the fight. Theodorou has bounced back nicely in the last month posting back-to-back victories against Momo La Brute and James Helm last week at HG 50. The Canadian possesses his greatest skill set on the mat but has managed just fine standing as well, using his fists to seven on his eight victories. Weight has been a formidable champion since he first took the belt at HG 27 versus Rive Aroni. He has successfully defended his belt four times, including his most recent victory over Dieter Von Sprockets at HG 47 which earned the late first round TKO Fight of the Night. The Vegas native can box, wrestle and has a background in Muay Thai as well, which makes him hard to conquer, no matter what skill set his opponent possesses. This has the makings of an awesome rematch for the ages! I know it may be the obvious choice, but I'll take Weight defending his belt via a TKO.

I'll tell you one thing, MMA Tycoon fans: Thursday cannot come fast enough! With a full slated card pack with high octane matchups of some of The Island's best fighters, Highland Games 52 is an event you will not want to miss! See you Thursday!

Written by Shtaaf Reimish

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1b7.jpg

Mitchel Thompson

I'm motivated as hell to put on a great show and let you guys see what I'm capable of. I didn't train for the biggest part of this season, but my KO-power and fight intellect has made up for the lack of training. Tonight I'll prove that I'm a guy to take serious in the division. My manager has been running to the toilet every 30minutes in the last few hours as he is very nervous. Winning this fight would get him closer to one of his personal goals of the year, reaching the top 100 of best managers in the world. If I need to crack someone's skull for my manager to achieve his goal, I'll gladly oblige!

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1b7.jpg

Mitchel Thompson

2minutes 10 seconds is all it took me to KO my opponent with a massive overhand right. I'm pretty sure my boss will hand me the KO of the night bonus. It was the fastest KO and with one punch only. I see that Pedro Lazaro hasn't got a fight booked. I would love to have a shot at destroying that clinchraper.

Hey Lazaro, do you accept my challenge or do you run away from tough competition?

• Upvote 1

Sold out arena. Highest attendance to date. Highest rating on the entire Island to date. LHW back to easily dominating opponents. Skunk asap becoming the number 1 contender if he accepts the contact. Lazaro and Thompson looking set for a huge clash. Mcginty's epic striking for a second time in a row. Kunar becoming a name in the company. I LOVED tonight's fights.

• Upvote 2