TWW Presents the Almost Men/Woman Part 2

ArtieBanks

http://i.imgur.com/BawKd7t.png

The Almost Men/Woman Part 2 – The Managers

I gave a big spiel in the first one about how managers and fighters yadidadida on with the show.

#1 Opa Jokenin

Whenever Opa’s name came up it was the main man of the FinnFighters and one of the top managers in the game. Otso Jokinen was the greatest Lightweight to grace the game, 5 top 3 p4p or better fighters, 8 fighters making it into the top 3 of their weight class or better and a joint manager of the year in 2011 which makes a strong case for being one of the better managers in the game. The one thing that eluded him in his great career in Tycoon was the #1 manager trophy. He came so close on multiple occasions only to fall short at the final hurdle.

The furthest he made it up the totem pole was to #3 but I know from memory that he was at least in the top 10 on 4 or 5 separate occasions. He has now went inactive since August and no sign of returning just yet as his fighters started to age and with his new batch not looking to promising, we sadly may have seen the last of Opa.

#2 Gunmetal Grey

He is up with Opa in the top managers never to get the trophy but I gave Opa over GMG for how long he remained at the top of the game. As far as top fighters go I’d give it to GMG with 8 top 10 p4p fighters including former number one Golden Glory. He was part of a well-known feud with Jacky which materialized into Keynes vs STP during which Jacky won. In 2011 it was GMG’s manager of the year to lose and he bottled it big style. Losing many key fights including Glory losing his first fight to a Deamus fighter before losing again to Tonal.

Another reason for him not being further up is well he may well have already got to #1 on another account. Mogul is reported to be GMG’s multi account which also had top fighters on the account and reached #1 something that GMG couldn’t do. Now GMG has previously denied the account belonging to him but if you consider that Glory and Mjolnir never fought despite people wanting it and the fact they both quit at the exact same time also powers that be said the same IP has accessed the account previously then it looks more than probable the GMG has been a #1 p4p fighter but on his main account he was never so he ranks #2.

#3 Kelly McGrady

After the top two it starts to get subjective in what tangibles you rank higher such as former #1 p4p fighter, time spent in the top 10, highest rank etc. Kelly had one of the best runs for a #1 p4p fighter with Womba; it actually got to the stage people were questioning if Womba was better than Tonal something that was previously unfathomable. Kelly also found success with fighters such as Matt Miller a former #1 Featherweight and current top 20 p4p fighter Skylar.

Kelly’s manager rank highest was #5 but she gained the most improved manager of the year as well as a whole host of trophies such as fighter of the year with Womba. These are all great reasons to why she has made me change the title from almost men to almost men/woman. The fact she has become so successful despite not being able to leave the kitchen is very impressive. All joking aside Kelly is known to be a great manager and her run with Womba will not be soon forgotten.

#4 Ethan Downs

It actually surprised me that Ethan had not gotten to the #1 p4p manager in fact his highest ranked position was #3. Despite not having a #1 p4p fighter he has had multiple top 10 p4p fighters including Neo Kable, Budo Rei and Waru Kazuri. These fighters have all won multiple big tournaments, all of which have made Ethan won of the most richest managers in tycoon despite never owning an org. This gives Ethan the title of the best tournament manager in the game. Multiple million dollar tournaments including the LoL, The Second Millionaire tournament and the Featherweight Millionaire tournament.

Ethan was also one of the more down to earth managers in the game and never gave org owners any hassle. Some may not know but Ethan has left the game and hasn’t been seen since July but I have heard he just doesn’t want anything to do with the game right now. This means that like most of the managers on the list he will not get the chance to get the #1 p4p trophy. He was also voted the most improved manager 2012 and could easily be further up on this list.

#5 Mr Gutz

This one will probably be debated but for me they are no question that Gutz deserves a spot in the top 5. He has had two former #1 p4p fighter in Anton Chigurh and Sinhue Egyptian with also a top 10 p4p fighter Public Enemy aka Les Grossman. The reason behind not ranking him higher is the fact neither Chigurh or Egyptian have long runs at the #1 p4p fighter. He has however been one of the better managers about in the game and most recently took out Jon Hess with one of his current batch of fighters.

Unlike almost everyone else here on the list Gutz has a great shot of becoming #1 p4p manager in the not too distant future. He has a great current crop of fighters including names such as Doom Unit and Apollo Gutz. As far as I am concerned I would be surprised if he doesn’t get the spot sometime in 2015 along with a new #1 p4p fighter to add to the list.

TWW News will have an update on two top orgs in a possible joint venture and all the other news sometime this month but until then hope you enjoyed the almost men/woman .

• Upvote 5

This gives Ethan the title of the best tournament manager in the game. Multiple million dollar tournaments including the LoL, The Second Millionaire tournament and the Featherweight Millionaire tournament.

Ethan's great and all, but he is a distant second to yours truly in terms of tournament managers. Whether you rate them by number of tournaments won, tournament prestige or prize money won I'm pretty far ahead of him.

I always felt he was the best slider guy in Convicted by a pretty fair margin too.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ethan's great and all, but he is a distant second to yours truly in terms of tournament managers. Whether you rate them by number of tournaments won, tournament prestige or prize money won I'm pretty far ahead of him.

I always felt he was the best slider guy in Convicted by a pretty fair margin too.

Prestige? Featherweight Tourney had all the best featherweights in it, it was pretty much the who's who at the time. The Second Millionaires tourney had fighters from almost every big name manager in the game, same with the LoL.

I have never heard the words shit i am fighting JLP in a tourney before, i have heard it a fair few times whenever someone is fighting Ethan. Prize Money i am pretty sure Ethan has won 10/12mil from tourneys all in.

4MIL Featherweight

1MIL Second Millionaires

1MIL Featherweight

1MIL Convicted Fighter tourney

Evo SHW Tournament winner

2MIL LoL tournament

He has won other smaller tourneys that you would need to ask him about.

Please note the three team tournaments you won does not count as individual success, you also have to include the ITFL having an individual stage which you never won so i think it was clear you did not have the best fighter at the tournament. Geezers, Empire and Ascension LHW are your three big wins. I think you need to take a step back and rephrase that distant second to "yours truly is a distant second to Ethan".

I am sure Ethan will appreciate the compliment, pretty sure Deamus said he was one of the top slider guys in the game before the second millionaires tourney.

• Upvote 1

Prestige? Featherweight Tourney had all the best featherweights in it, it was pretty much the who's who at the time. The Second Millionaires tourney had fighters from almost every big name manager in the game, same with the LoL.

I have never heard the words shit i am fighting JLP in a tourney before, i have heard it a fair few times whenever someone is fighting Ethan. Prize Money i am pretty sure Ethan has won 10/12mil from tourneys all in.

4MIL Featherweight

1MIL Second Millionaires

1MIL Featherweight

1MIL Convicted Fighter tourney

Evo SHW Tournament winner

2MIL LoL tournament

He has won other smaller tourneys that you would need to ask him about.

Please note the three team tournaments you won does not count as individual success, you also have to include the ITFL having an individual stage which you never won so i think it was clear you did not have the best fighter at the tournament. Geezers, Empire and Ascension LHW are your three big wins. I think you need to take a step back and rephrase that distant second to "yours truly is a distant second to Ethan".

I am sure Ethan will appreciate the compliment, pretty sure Deamus said he was one of the top slider guys in the game before the second millionaires tourney.

Just a quick count, I'm way over 15 million in prize money accepted. I'm probably around 8 million in money I told the org owners to keep. I don't see how team tourneys dont count, I guess you can discount them if you are trying to nut-hug your buddy. My tourney track record is better, I won more tourneys and more prize money. Maybe Ethan should have said "shit i am fighting JLP in a tourney" because I beat him in the finals of the EMP tourney for 6 million. Case closed.

• Upvote 1

Just a quick count, I'm way over 15 million in prize money accepted. I'm probably around 8 million in money I told the org owners to keep. I don't see how team tourneys dont count, I guess you can discount them if you are trying to nut-hug your buddy. My tourney track record is better, I won more tourneys and more prize money. Maybe Ethan should have said "shit i am fighting JLP in a tourney" because I beat him in the finals of the EMP tourney for 6 million. Case closed.

I like that last part. That should shut that wannabe englishman up for a while.

The guy (dinooo) is pathetic.

Next time do your research.

• Upvote 1

In team tourneys you have 4 other guys to lean on. In the ITFL they have an individual stage also for the best fighters in the tournament, if memory serves me right you never won the individual showcase so yeah team tournaments don't count in my book, i suppose it would in yours since you are nuthugging yourself. Yeah you beat Ethan in a tourney i can't argue that fact, neither can you when he beat you in the team tourney though, i guess that makes it 1-1.

Jbomb with the facts i see i'll still take Ethan over JLP in tournament king.

Castor you are just mad i gave Igor slider advice and he thumped your ass. You got so mad you threw Igor out your alliance and went on a temper tantrum and threw the dummy out the pram... yet i am pathetic?

I think it's kinda hard to count team tournaments when comparing to the success Ethan has had in tournaments to be honest. I mean last year for example Team Reaper won but JLP's fighter Taphorn was the 14 seed out of the top 16 who make the individual playoff. Don't really see how you could feel like you set the world on fire there and count that as equal to winning some of those other tournaments

I mean if you'd run the table or something like Croft than maybe I could see it but Taphorn was 6-4 in the regular season & 9-5 overall in the tournament. That just doesn't really compare IMO

I think it's kinda hard to count team tournaments when comparing to the success Ethan has had in tournaments to be honest. I mean last year for example Team Reaper won but JLP's fighter Taphorn was the 14 seed out of the top 16 who make the individual playoff. Don't really see how you could feel like you set the world on fire there and count that as equal to winning some of those other tournaments

I mean if you'd run the table or something like Croft than maybe I could see it but Taphorn was 6-4 in the regular season & 9-5 overall in the tournament. That just doesn't really compare IMO

Spot on

I also think it's a bit silly to use dollar amount because the money game has changed so much over the years with the 93K arena's and PPV's and such. For example, the 1 mil 2nd millionaire's tournament that Budo Rei won is probably won of the most stacked tournaments ever but only had a 1 mil payout. I won a 4 mil featherweight tournament with Njewel a few months back that only had 16 guys in it and really none of them were top names, but those 2 tournaments are nowhere near comparable prestige wise IMO.

I would do it based on the fighters/managers in the tournament and the prestige of it and not being able to really remember all those tournaments I don't have any opinion on who's better. I can remember a few of them like the Bankrupting Bankrupt won that was massive and had tons of top names in it, I remember the BNY/Empire 145lbs one had at least 10 of the top 16 145ers in it and was pretty stacked. I remember the 6 mil Empire one was pretty good but I don't really remember some of the other ones listed. LOL I'm kinda indifferent on cause with 25 yo creations it takes away some of the prestige of it for me, though I do know the overall number of fighters was pretty large and there were a lot of good managers in it so that factors in somewhat but again I don't see how that compares to some of the other ones mentioned.

My two fighters carried the team in ITFL 1. Wise went out on a draw and Esposito got eliminated in the semi-finals in the individual side. Taphorn was the second best fighter on the winning team and won both playoff fights and two must win fights at the end of the season. I'll take that every time.

I think without ITFL its about equal, but I also think its pretty stupid to dismiss team tourneys.

My two fighters carried the team in ITFL 1. Wise went out on a draw and Esposito got eliminated in the semi-finals in the individual side. Taphorn was the second best fighter on the winning team and won both playoff fights and two must win fights at the end of the season. I'll take that every time.

I think without ITFL its about equal, but I also think its pretty stupid to dismiss team tourneys.

I don't necessarily know that I'd just dismiss them, I mean it does kinda count to your tournament resume overall but I think it's just comparing apples & oranges really. I think it's very difficult to compare a team tournament to some of the other 1's that both of you guys won. In season 1, Wise kinda got screwed a little bit I'll give you that lol but you could argue that Taphorn wasn't even a top 10 fighter in last season's tournament. Don't get me wrong, he was 1 of the least skilled guys and the fact you did as well w/ him as you did was pretty good but to have a guy who's barely in the top 1/4 out of 40 guys and has team success is way different than some of those 32-64 man single elimination ones I think.

Both of you guys have impressive tournament records though for sure, I never win fucking shit. I think I've only won EVO 155 FOTY and 4 mil Asc tournament. I know I was runner up in Convicted tournament & runner up in EVO 145 and 185 FOTY but I don't think I've even come close in anything else.

Both great managers, most of us also rans know who the great managers are, and think "oh fuck, I'm facing .......! Beyond that no one gives a fuck to be fair.

As a senior citizen I just hope that the same effort and concern etc regarding perceived success in a game pales into insignificance when compared to RL success - where it actually counts for something.

I like to assume that our uber managers have 6 fig jobs, drive the latest Mercedes or equivalent, no? Then maybe redirect this uber ness into real life success.

By the way , Castor is on benefits in Sweden, I have been on a number of investment fairs over there and hosted golf tournaments for Swedish investment.advisors. I had there social security system infiltrated and discovered Castor, real name Jussi Pekka , is a repatriated Finn and on benefits on account of his obesity and gout.

Bubby went 8-2 in the regular season in ITFL 1, so you can hardly count - win/loss records in a team tourney... At the end of the day ITFL comes down to the match ups that are selected by the captains - as you very well know fighters aren't always taking on the best opponents from the opposition...

Just my two cents worth

All this talk about tourneys I'm thinking of trying to run another 1 don't seen to get intrest no more tho.

what tourney? -- or you just considering running one?

also this is dinooo's thoughts so why everyone get hurt on who is nominated or not -- i mean we all probably have some difference of opinion on the issue -- create you own thread with write up and thoughts why -- i think there are a ton of managers not listed that are just as good as some that dinooo listed but his list is still some great managers -- its all just opinions -- as far as tourneys i suck at them (well i suck at the whole game), have only one won but it was one of the first bigger tourneys back at old NFC -- think it was for 500k and years vip something along those lines

i would like to get another shot at gutz later on with Hess -- i can see why manne didn't really want that fight cause Hess' ground game is nadda just sparred up -- wonderful takedown d, grappling d with remarkable transitions and useless escapes pretty much spells death for stand up fighter unless you can get a quick ko

Castor you are just mad i gave Igor slider advice and he thumped your ass. You got so mad you threw Igor out your alliance and went on a temper tantrum and threw the dummy out the pram... yet i am pathetic?

Mad? I told him my gameplan. I lost due to being lazy and arrogant. Not settibg training etc. Nothing to do with your slider advice sonshine.

History repeating itself btw. (With you not knowing what youre talking about.)

He was kicked out for calling Jax a paedophile lover in alliance chat. Reffering to humors.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1