Krylov

Masividal

Grabowski

Reis

Graves

Benoit

Arzamendia

Woodley - Damn am I the only one

Maybe, maybe not, JLP hasn't made his picks yet, so there is still a chance you're not.

Robbie Lawler vs. Tyron Woodley (TKO 3rd)
Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Rose Namajunas
Matt Brown vs. Jake Ellenberger
Erik Perez vs. Francisco Rivera
Ryan Benoit vs. Fredy Serrano
Ed Herman vs. Nikita Krylov
Jorge Masvidal vs. Ross Pearson
Damian Grabowski vs. Anthony Hamilton
Wilson Reis vs. Hector Sandoval
Michael Graves vs. Bojan Velickovic
Cesar Arzamendia vs. Damien Brown

I was thinking about picking Woodley, but couldnt pull the trigger. All those close and long fights are going to catch up to Lawler soon enough and Woodley might be the "right place at the right time" guy. If I had faith that he would throw leg kicks and a little more variety to his punches I'd pick him. But Woodley loves those lunging straight rights (almost exclusively) and while I think he will land them pretty well early, when he tires out (shit cardio) in the latter half of the second/beginning of third Lawler will time him and tune him up.

• Upvote 1

I was thinking about picking Woodley, but couldnt pull the trigger. All those close and long fights are going to catch up to Lawler soon enough and Woodley might be the "right place at the right time" guy. If I had faith that he would throw leg kicks and a little more variety to his punches I'd pick him. But Woodley loves those lunging straight rights (almost exclusively) and while I think he will land them pretty well early, when he tires out (shit cardio) in the latter half of the second/beginning of third Lawler will time him and tune him up.

Good prediction. Felt the same. I think Woodley's gonna bust him up early and start getting caught when he gasses.

• Upvote 2

Robbie Lawler vs Tyron Woodley

Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Rose Namajunas
Matt Brown vs. Jake Ellenberger
Erik Perez vs. Francisco Rivera
Ryan Benoit vs. Fredy Serrano
Ed Herman vs. Nikita Krylov
Jorge Masvidal vs. Ross Pearson
Damian Grabowski vs. Anthony Hamilton
Wilson Reis vs. Hector Sandoval
Michael Graves vs. Bojan Velickovic
Cesar Arzamendia vs. Damien Brown

I had those exact same thoughts on the fight but I'm not so sure the Lawler is gonna be able to take Woodley's tremendous power. Robbie is much more diverse on the feet but for some reason he likes to get hit a lot and that works with lighter hitters in Rory and Condit but with Woodley I see him getting laid out early. Still tough to call though because if Robbie weathers that early storm or if he decides to not brawl and grinds out Woodley early till he inevitably gases then he has that fight in the bag. Either way I see both guys losing to Wonderboy.

I had those exact same thoughts on the fight but I'm not so sure the Lawler is gonna be able to take Woodley's tremendous power. Robbie is much more diverse on the feet but for some reason he likes to get hit a lot and that works with lighter hitters in Rory and Condit but with Woodley I see him getting laid out early. Still tough to call though because if Robbie weathers that early storm or if he decides to not brawl and grinds out Woodley early till he inevitably gases then he has that fight in the bag. Either way I see both guys losing to Wonderboy.

I agree that I take Thompson over either of them. I think Lawler/Thompson would be close, but Thompson would make woodley look foolish.

I think Woodley has a much better chance then most are giving him, maybe he added some wrinkles to his striking in the long layoff. That charging straight left he throws is vicious and I wouldnt be shocked if he put Lawler out with it in the first or second round.

I feel bad about Graves getting a draw. I thought he won that fight 2 rounds to 1. If anything the first could have been a 10-10.

Yeah, the only one to get it right.

080596fa570bdf107a681135457b6803.png

So T-Wood vs Wonderboy next. I hope Wonderboy can win the title so bad.

I just read that Woodley said he wanted Nick Diaz or GSP next. Said Thompson wouldnt make him enough money to make that fight make sense. On first thought, I would think the UFC says "fuck you, fight Thompson". But if GSP is really ready to go, this is the perfect opportunity to get him to win the title and headline a few PPV's. Woodley/Thompson won't sell well as a PPV, probably a FOX card at best or a co-ME on a PPV.

Nice one, congrats.

I just read that Woodley said he wanted Nick Diaz or GSP next. Said Thompson wouldnt make him enough money to make that fight make sense. On first thought, I would think the UFC says "fuck you, fight Thompson". But if GSP is really ready to go, this is the perfect opportunity to get him to win the title and headline a few PPV's. Woodley/Thompson won't sell well as a PPV, probably a FOX card at best or a co-ME on a PPV.

Yeah he said he would fight Nick at UFC 202 (probably to hop on that Connor ppv money) or GSP at 205. I doubt he gets either fight though but who knows if those guys really want it Dana probably would make it.