"Advance position" element to clinchwork

TAYNE

I would think you could do a lot of copy/paste from groundwork here - positions would include underhooked, over-under ( one underhook for each fighter), 2 underhooks, back against the cage/corner, opponent against cage/corner, and Muay Thai Plum/DIrty boxing collar tie. You would work towards the plum if your sliders were for striking in the clinch and towards underhooks if your sliders favor takedowns.

• Upvote 7

this is such a important aspect of the fight, and how about specialize in some sub? looking for chokes instead of an armlock or specialize in leglocks

• Upvote 1

this is such a important aspect of the fight, and how about specialize in some sub? looking for chokes instead of an armlock or specialize in leglocks

I'm not sure if this is what you meant, but it reminds me that you could add the rare-but-awesome standing sub attempts to the clinch for real submission wizards - Flying armbars, guillotines, standing arm triangles even RNCs (sort of) all possible from the clinch position, if unlikely

• Downvote 1

I'm not sure if this is what you meant, but it reminds me that you could add the rare-but-awesome standing sub attempts to the clinch for real submission wizards - Flying armbars, guillotines, standing arm triangles even RNCs (sort of) all possible from the clinch position, if unlikely

This is all part of the submission game

• Downvote 1

This is all part of the submission game

Sure - but it's not part of the *slider* game - not in so far as explicitly going for standing subs (which you should get a huge probability penalty for even trying, with a positional penalty on failure)

PS - Anyone want to link me a fight ending by standing arm triangle?

Sure - but it's not part of the *slider* game - not in so far as explicitly going for standing subs (which you should get a huge probability penalty for even trying, with a positional penalty on failure)

PS - Anyone want to link me a fight ending by standing arm triangle?

exactly! but i think this grappling stuff is too complex, that´s why it´s not in the game yet. maybe the standing submissions and the over/under, double under and cage positions are a more important and easy improvements to do for now