TWW News Edition 19

GBK16

http://i.imgur.com/BawKd7t.png

Edition #19

Good evening ladies and gents and welcome to Edition #19 of the TWW News.

In this edition we have a multi report, an Olympics round up, a short article about Chat, and finally a farewell to one of the greatest managers to ever set sliders, Sean McDonnel better known as Shortfuse.

Multi Report

Kicking off the new year in style now as we have a multi accounting issue emanating from Las Vegas. We cross over now to our man in the field, Dog The Multi Hunter.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14448282109364.gif

Dog The Multi Hunter

We’re just about to land in Las Vegas on our jet. This is an average operation really, no major names involved but something we definitely have to be prepared for to ensure no slip ups.

*The plane lands and Dog and his team all get into the rental car they got*

We’re coming up to this gym called All In MMA. It’s ran by a guy called Mike Ferguson and there are a lot of suspicions around him for a few reasons.

First he got a gym the day he joined MMA Tycoon and from our reports, he actually hadn’t signed any fighters to his roster until January 6th. Surprisingly, all of those guys still haven’t had a fight yet.

*The car pulls up opposite the gym, the team survey the area, before approaching the doors*

Right, we are in the building now, just gonna bump up to reception and see what the story is and see if we can talk to the owner.

*As they approach reception, they spot a fighter of the gym, Hugh Jaskok, sneaking out the side door - Dog returns to his own car with a couple of others while the rest of the team keep hold on the gym. Dog gets into the back of the car while another person drives and follows Jaskok who is making his escape in a taxi*

Right so that is a guilty man if ever I saw one. Luckily I don’t think he caught sight of our car so we should be able to follow where he goes without any major issues. He obviously knows me so I’m keeping my head down so he doesn’t get sight.

*After 20 minutes, they pull up outside a building and they see Jaskok run into a door. The team leave the car and follow quickly*

So we saw him come down this way and from what we can see there are only two doors so that makes it a lot easier to lock him down.

*They hear panicked whispers coming behind the door marked 3*

And here we have it. I’m just gonna bust the door down and then I’d say we have our perp.

*With the door already in disrepair, Dog front kicks the lock and the door flies open and they enter the room where a panicked Hugh Jaskok is along with…*

Well well well, Jay Van Clief. We figured we would find you here. You’re coming with us.

*Jay attempts to run but finds himself running into Dog’s partner for the day, Red Brophy, who lays him out with a right hand*

Well that was interesting. Now we just cuff him and bring him down to the station and we can get our reward.

http://i.imgur.com/KtB1Xkd.gif

*End of dramatic version of events*

Right now that is done with I can actually list the shit involved in this.

The Mike Ferguson account was set up on the 8th November - The same day Jay Van Clief would take control of the DFC-LV org. In a post on the forums on the day he actually said:

If I had someone who would buy my gym which still has plenty of money in it to keep it run plus allow me to keep my fighters in the gym with free control of training for them I would be 100% open to buying DFC”

So it is clear from this that Jay made the Mike Ferguson account in order to take his gym so he could take over the DFC-LV org. The gym has had only Jay’s fighters in it since it was opened, and the account itself didn’t actually log in again until Mid-Late December.

The Mike Ferguson account made 10 fighters on the 6th January, and subsequently every single one of them was signed to DFC-LV without even having a single fight. They are booked onto events, including 4 of them on the DFC-LV event in which the account is fighting himself - A clear exploitation of using the multi account in order to fill his events.

We kept our eyes on this one for a while just to have absolute confidence and we have had mod approval on the story and it has been forwarded on to Mike Tycoon for judgement.

Olympics Recap

We had The Olympics run from November until this past weekend. It was pretty underwhelming, mainly in due part to myself having very little time to actually provide the write ups such an event deserved. For that I can only apologise.

But we can recap the results for each division now:

135 lbs

Gold Medal - Sean Tallon (Evo)

Silver Medal - Mike Ehrmantraut (Syn)

Bronze Medal - Lorne Malvo (Ascension)

Fourth Place - Anton Chekhov (MFN)

145lbs

Gold Medal - Tuomari Hurmio (Evo)

Silver Medal - Don Juan Matus (Syn)

Bronze Medal - Shogun Iron Tyson (Ascension)

Fourth Place - Henrique Ramos (CFC)

155lbs

Gold Medal - Helix Cabrera (Syn)

Silver Medal - Lamont Hawkins (Evo)

Bronze Medal - N/A

Fourth Place - N/A

*The 3rd place fight for this division has not happened due to MFN’s inactivity but the fight is looking to be scheduled in the near future to decide*

170lbs

Gold Medal - Mordecai Sackett (CFC)

Silver Medal - Salosen Mara (MFN)

Bronze Medal - Chief Tappenahomma (Trinity)

Fourth Place - Dean Duggan (Ascension)

185lbs

Gold Medal - Karim Bashorov (MFN)

Silver Medal - Steven Rutherford (Syn)

Bronze Medal - Kenta Kobashi (CEC)

Fourth Place - Jason Sturd Jr (Ascension)

205lbs

Gold Medal - Sotiris Kakoullis (Evo)

Silver Medal - Tiago Renato (Ascension)

Bronze Medal - Remi Highjack (Trinity)

Fourth Place - Archie Moore (CFC)

265lbs

Gold Medal - Itse Perkele (Evo)

Silver Medal - Grigori Rasputin (CEC)

Bronze Medal - Gymer Alexandersson (Syn)

Fourth Place - Timur Rubin (Trinity)

265+lbs

Gold Medal - Giuseppe Maldini (Evo)

Silver Medal - Cyril Makarenko (Trinity)

Bronze Medal - Diego Bustamante (Syn)

Fourth Place - Maurice Vontavious Payne (Ascension)

So with those results, the Overall Org Standings are

1st - Evolution (19 points)

2nd - Synchronicity (17 points)

3rd - Ascension (10 points)

4th - Trinity (8 points)

5th - Montreal Fight Nights (8 points)

6th - Canadian Fighting Championships (6/7 points)

7th - Claymore Elite Combat (5 points)

8th - Death Squad MMA (0/1 point)

Again, I can only apologise for the lack of hype around the event, but it was still an enjoyable event for the fighters involved and now the orgs can return to their regular scheduling.

MMA Tycoon Chat

If you have looked anywhere on the forums as of late you will have no doubt seen Mega Jug (HometownHero) obliterating the forums recently asking people to come into chat, and to the surprise of many, it actually worked as what would normally be a chatroom with maybe 5 people at most talking has seen upwards of 20 people in there at a time talking away to each other.

I have to say it’s been a refreshing experience in Tycoon to have people jump in and have people talk about pretty much everything, from real life stuff to the latest happenings in MMA Tycoon.

Just for anywho who hasn’t joined and checked it out, give it a go as there has been a lot of fun in there in the past few weeks, and for some of the newer members, there are guys in there willing to help you with almost anything in the game.

Farewell to a legend…

Speaking of chat, news broke in there last week that Sean McDonnel, aka Shortfuse the owner of Synchronicity, would be leaving the game.

Now, Shortfuse has been one of the best managers to ever play the game. He is in the top 10 for most Wins, most KO Wins and most Decision Wins, is a former #1 manager and has a former #1 fighter in Danny Power. He ran a #1 org in Synchronicity in recent times, and in general has been one of the best managers in the game. I only really got to know Fuse in the past couple of years so others will able to tell you more about him, but I personally have to thank Fuse a lot for the help he has given me when it comes to a variety of things such as Org Management, and in more recent times, Fighters and Sliders. I attribute a lot of my recent success to him taking the time to help me out back in March - May last year when I was looking to learn and he, along with Duphus and Dino, took the time to actually help me learn about the game more. So for that, I say thank you Shortfuse, and I hope to see you back again in the future, but for now I wish you the best in your life.

That’s it for TWW News this time, we’ll see you again soon.

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 1

Great write up as usual!

Jay Van Clief (110598) is a horrible org owner to deal with. Had a hissy fit when I didn't accept one of his fight offers. He can do one and fuck off.

Very sad to see Shortfuse leave, I consider him the best org owner in the game and so MMA Tycoon will be affected by him leaving :(

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Didn't know about the Jay Van Chief multi thing. I feel bad that something like that happened with a name associated with me. I've have some thoughts lately and I may act on them.

• Downvote 2