Fighters leaving town ...

I just got another fight a NC because people leave town and do not show up for the fight. There should be some harder penalties for this as people who show up miss the fight and do not get their pay (and even get a dip in moral/pop?) ...

Look at this guy:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=54963

this is his second time doing the same thing.

I guess org owners get even more pissed about this than us regular managers. So isnt ther a way to penalise this? Take money out of the bailing fighters/his managers check book and give it to the fighter that showed up - or something even worst (because for established fighters, money is not an issue - as was the case the last time my opponent did not show).

This really sucks! I love this game and I am sure most will agree that it is really addictive. So when things like this happen it is really annoying!

I guess Im not the only one affected by this out there ...

PS: Why do people even go to other places before a fight (if not to skip it)?

I had a fighter do this to me - I agree there should be stiffer punishments.

I contacted the manager and asked him what the deal was - it was ignored. I asked again, and he asked for his release. I offered to grant him his release if the signing bonus was repaid - he said he rather sit out his inactivity.

The contract is set to expire in 2011, so I feel like that will be punishment enough.

Well he should be well trained for his next fight then!

Not if I cant keep him in his gym due to not getting payed for the fight that never took part.

Matty: I hope this org owner does th same as you did.

I had a fighter do this to me - I agree there should be stiffer punishments.

I contacted the manager and asked him what the deal was - it was ignored. I asked again, and he asked for his release. I offered to grant him his release if the signing bonus was repaid - he said he rather sit out his inactivity.

The contract is set to expire in 2011, so I feel like that will be punishment enough.

lol he must not know you can reset his inactivity=)

+1, stiffer penalties for those who do that....other managers (org owners or opposing fighters manager) should not suffer because of the fault of others...

i think, there should be a thread, such as Commissioners office for this, so that we can brought up different issues and penalize fighters/managers for any misconduct or breaching of contract...

+1, stiffer penalties for those who do that....other managers (org owners or opposing fighters manager) should not suffer because of the fault of others...

i think, there should be a thread, such as Commissioners office for this, so that we can brought up different issues and penalize fighters/managers for any misconduct or breaching of contract...

That in itself would not be a bad idea but for the rules of the internet ( or known as difficulty with impartiality)

It seems clear to me that we would prefer Mike to concentrate on improving the game so he is not an option and then who do you choose? It would have to be someone experienced enough to understand everything and someone who is not allied with or at least is known for being able to make the tough decision.

Few people, assuming you would require a panel to further enable impartiality, that would be able to perform such a task.

Althought this NC wasn't the OP's fault he probably could have avoided it by simply not accepting the fight against a newb fighter based out of town.

If you look at the NC-causing manager's profile it doesn't look like the guy skipped town on purpose. He was based in a different town the whole time and doesn't seem to really get when to travel, and how costly it is. The org shouldn't really be signing newb out of towners either.