Describe Real Fighters in Tycoon Terms

Elite ++ would be Roger Gracie, who is the standard for perfect BJJ and now is fighting MMA.

He had one fight in 2006 and one in 2008 - at max he is dabbling in MMA

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He just signed to Strikeforce a few months ago.

Yes but he hasn't fought yet. IF he fights this year he will have had 3 fights in 4 years. That is not what I'd think if i hear ".. fights MMA now"

How about somebody makes a thread...

"describe Tycoon fighters in real fighter terms"

I don't even know if that's how you would word that phrase, but basically pick the tycoon fighter you think best represents a real MMA fighter.

Jesus Santos = Charles "Krazy Horse" Bennett

take in consideration fighting style, fight results, stats, etc.

A lot of these are unrealistic. I don't think many of these guys are that good in their fields.

GSP:

Boxing - Proficient

Muay Thai - Superb

Wrestling - Sensational

BJJ - Purple Belt

What would set GSP apart is his physicals would all be through the roof. Takedowns would be Elite.

BJ:

Boxing - Wonderful

Muay Thai - Competent

Wrestling - Superb

BJJ - Black Belt

Anderson Silva:

Boxing - Remarkable

Muay Thai - Wonderful

Wrestling - Respectable

BJJ - Purple Belt

Jon Jones:

Boxing - Competent

Muay Thai - Respectable

Wrestling - Remarkable

BJJ - Blue Belt

A lot of these are unrealistic. I don't think many of these guys are that good in their fields.

GSP:

Boxing - Proficient

Muay Thai - Superb

Wrestling - Sensational

BJJ - Purple Belt

What would set GSP apart is his physicals would all be through the roof. Takedowns would be Elite.

BJ:

Boxing - Wonderful

Muay Thai - Competent

Wrestling - Superb

BJJ - Black Belt

Anderson Silva:

Boxing - Remarkable

Muay Thai - Wonderful

Wrestling - Respectable

BJJ - Purple Belt

Jon Jones:

Boxing - Competent

Muay Thai - Respectable

Wrestling - Remarkable

BJJ - Blue Belt

In no way is GSP a purple belt on the ground. I'd also place him closer to elite in wrestling. Oh, and his striking is pretty slick. His jab is awesome.

BJ Penn has lower wrestling, maybe exceptional boxing, and elite TDD.

Anderson's Muay Thai is high exceptional-sensational. His ground game is apparently underrated, and I'd assume that he deserves his black belt. Guess we'll find out against Sonnen.

Jones has higher Muay Thai, and probably boxing.

Why does Jones have higher Boxing/MT? Because he did some spinning back fists against Bonnar? I'm a huge Bones fan but his striking just isn't that high yet. Also, according to this game Elite wrestling would indicate Olympic level wrestling. I would reserve that for guys like Lindland, Henderson, etc... Does GSP have good striking? Yeah, but a lot of his standup is based off his takedown ability and keeping his opponents off balance. Put GSP in a K1 or boxing match with pure strikers and he gets murked. As a whole though, GSP's stats would make him a beast in game and obviously in real life. Such a dominant set of skills.

I don't know. Individually I don't think MMA fighters skills are that high (outside of the one dimensional Maia's, Toney's, Rosholt's) but the guys at the top are all super well rounded, but none of them are 'Elite' in any one field.

Why does Jones have higher Boxing/MT? Because he did some spinning back fists against Bonnar? I'm a huge Bones fan but his striking just isn't that high yet. Also, according to this game Elite wrestling would indicate Olympic level wrestling. I would reserve that for guys like Lindland, Henderson, etc... Does GSP have good striking? Yeah, but a lot of his standup is based off his takedown ability and keeping his opponents off balance. Put GSP in a K1 or boxing match with pure strikers and he gets murked. As a whole though, GSP's stats would make him a beast in game and obviously in real life. Such a dominant set of skills.

I don't know. Individually I don't think MMA fighters skills are that high (outside of the one dimensional Maia's, Toney's, Rosholt's) but the guys at the top are all super well rounded, but none of them are 'Elite' in any one field.

I'm not too into Jones, so I may be mistaken. From what I've seen, though, it looks higher than competent. Competent for me is having decent basics.

Well, GSP got to try out for the Canadian Olympic wrestling team. In order to even try out, you need to have a high level of skill. We're pretty much agreeing on GSP's striking, but most good K1 fighters are much higher than Superb. I'm not sure of how I'd rate GSP's striking, though, because in most recent fights, he's been mauling them because they're pissing their pants over his takedowns.

How would you rate BJ Penn's BJJ?

• 2 weeks later...

José Aldo

Boxing - Exceptional

Muay Thai - Sensational

Wrestling - Strong

BJJ - Superb

-----------------------------------

BJ Penn

Boxing - Exceptional

Muay Thai - Respectable

Wrestling - Strong

BJJ - Wonderful

------------------------------------

Frank Edgar

Boxing - Exceptional

Muay Thai - Competent

Wrestling - Remarkable

BJJ - Remarkable

-------------------------------------

Urijah Faber

Boxing - Remarkable

Muay Thai - Strong

Wrestling - Strong

BJJ - Wonderful

GSP:

Boxing - Proficient

Muay Thai - Superb

Wrestling - Sensational

BJJ - Purple Belt

BJ:

Boxing - Wonderful

Muay Thai - Competent

Wrestling - Superb

BJJ - Black Belt

Anderson Silva:

Boxing - Remarkable

Muay Thai - Wonderful

Wrestling - Respectable

BJJ - Purple Belt

Jon Jones:

Boxing - Competent

Muay Thai - Respectable

Wrestling - Remarkable

BJJ - Blue Belt

Both Silva and GSP are black belts in real life.

black belt in mmatycoon makes you ADCC champ. not every black belt in real life is a world champ. Imo just b/c you have a black belt in real life wouldn't rate you at sensational in mmatycoon terms

BJ Penn

Boxing - Exceptional

Muay Thai - Respectable

Wrestling - Strong

BJJ - Wonderful

------------------------------------

Frank Edgar

Boxing - Exceptional

Muay Thai - Competent

Wrestling - Remarkable

BJJ - Remarkable

Didn't Edgar just get his purple, or am I way behind? What makes you think he's close to BJ in terms of BJJ?

Ofcourse he's not at BJ's level. No where near. And his boxing level, Tbh. It's nowhere near exceptional aswell. Remarkable wrestling is also kind of pushing it.

I think I would still rate Silva as a Black Belt

I think the reason people underrate Anderson's BJJ is that we never really get to see it. We might know more about it after the Sonnen fight if he doesn't get knocked out too early.

Snowman: I agree.

Ofcourse he's not at BJ's level. No where near. And his boxing level, Tbh. It's nowhere near exceptional aswell. Remarkable wrestling is also kind of pushing it.

His boxing is at least as good as BJ's, and his wrestling was great enought to take him down twice (what hasn't happened in a long time). Maybe I put a little too much on his BJJ only.

No way his boxing is as good as BJ's. And BJ defended the majority of the takedowns. What did Edgar get 1 out of 6 takedown attempts?

The standup part of the fight was pretty equal, there is no reason to rate BJ's striking higher than Edgar's.

And I think 1 takedown (I don't know if the first one counted as such) is pretty good if you consider that a wrestler like Diego Sanchez didn't get any.

That takedown plus the speed and cardio advantage gave him the belt by the way.