Pay Scale Cap

RoLe

Let me first start by saying this is a suggestion more then a complaint/whine/cry.

Now to business...... My suggestion here is to put in place a capped pay scale for fighters

free to sign with an Org. As an Org owner it kills business when certain unnamed Orgs

raise the market value on fighters that are 2-0,3-0 etc that have proven nothing other than

beating noobs in QFC's but give them 10k+ signing bonuses.

Look I'm not stupid and I realize Orgs like Syn,CFC,CFL and etc have been around a long

time and have money out the ass but my suggestion wouldn't kill there business because

money isn't always an issue for them because people want to fight for the best Orgs which

have the best fighters.

This suggestion would help the newer Orgs and here comes what most don't like to hear

but will even out the playing field for what I consider Tier/Level 2 Type of Orgs.

Now the Paying scale cap would be something like this but is only an example....

A 2-0,3-0 fighter can only receive a max Signing Bonus of 4k, a max base pay of 2k and

a max win bonus of 4k, Any Org is allowed to bid the Max on said fighter and now the

manager has to if he/she so pleases to choose from those max bids. Obviously a manager

can except a lower bid if he/she so pleases.

Now I know one thing will come up here besides the no I don't like this idea is

" What about moving cost? " Well I'm not a programming expert but I'm sure there is

a away to set it up were you can add in a moving cost which is the fighter excepts a bid

and chooses to move can be added in to the signing bonuses if and only if said fighter

moves his base.

Another game I play called Goal Line Blitz has this capped pay scale system set up

so I'm sure it could be added to this game if Mike so chooses.

Again this is more of a suggestion then a complaint but I will openly admit it pisses me off

to see Orgs over pay/Raise the market price on fighters just because they can.

This system here helps even out the Org playing field as far as signing fighters and doesn't

really hurt the bigger Orgs IMO.

There's already enough price-fixing in this game between supplement companies IMO, I wouldn't be too pleased if these collusion tactics were extended to orgs as well.

There's just too many exceptions. Some guys that are 2-0 have skills just as good as guys who are 12-0, and deserve to get a nice payday. You just have to make the correct assessment, of whether you believe this guy will truly turn into a big star or not. I look at it just like the NFL Draft, sometimes you overpay for an unproven guy and he turns out to be a bust, sometimes you get more than what you payed for.

There's already enough price-fixing in this game between supplement companies IMO, I wouldn't be too pleased if these collusion tactics were extended to orgs as well.

There's just too many exceptions. Some guys that are 2-0 have skills just as good as guys who are 12-0, and deserve to get a nice payday. You just have to make the correct assessment, of whether you believe this guy will truly turn into a big star or not. I look at it just like the NFL Draft, sometimes you overpay for an unproven guy and he turns out to be a bust, sometimes you get more than what you payed for.

Well 1 of the sticking points from the Owners for the New CBA in the NFL is a pay scale cap for unproven drafted players but that's a convo for another time.

As far as 2-0 having the same stats as a 12-0 well that 2-0 hasn't earned it as the 12-0 has, plus from what I read not many same Hype+Pop fighters are willing to take fights with a beast even if he has the same record.

As far as price fixing why not extend it to Orgs if you are doing it to Supplement companies and Clothing companies. By not doing that you are telling 2 kinds of companies you are screwed because it's not even/fair but by allowing Orgs to over pay by thousands your saying it's OK ?

Point is companies like Hell's Ball's fightwear, MMA's Best, Non Stop, Bashido have to play by the same rules as noob companies but Orgs don't ? Seems like there should be more attention paid to that then.

Well 1 of the sticking points from the Owners for the New CBA in the NFL is a pay scale cap for unproven drafted players but that's a convo for another time.

As far as 2-0 having the same stats as a 12-0 well that 2-0 hasn't earned it as the 12-0 has, plus from what I read not many same Hype+Pop fighters are willing to take fights with a beast even if he has the same record.

As far as price fixing why not extend it to Orgs if you are doing it to Supplement companies and Clothing companies. By not doing that you are telling 2 kinds of companies you are screwed because it's not even/fair but by allowing Orgs to over pay by thousands your saying it's OK ?

Point is companies like Hell's Ball's fightwear, MMA's Best, Non Stop, Bashido have to play by the same rules as noob companies but Orgs don't ? Seems like there should be more attention paid to that then.

If your intention was to prove a point why its unfair to cap successful clothing and nutrition companies, then you have succeeded, but, I don't think too many people disagreed with you to begin with.

If, however, you are trying to prove the need for org contracts to be capped by demonstrating a parallel to a rule that I think is not only unfair, but hurts gameplay, then we need to reconsider the argument.

This game, like any good game, needs to allow for companies and fighters and managers and supps and this and that to never "max out" - when there is nothing left to strive for, the game loses its purpose. The fact that we have Elite-skilled fighters and 160 supps are indications of the things wrong with this game (I see a 159 supp being sold regularly for $200 - roughly a year into the game - that is hurting the game and I can't imagine how cheap 159 will be in 5 years). My point is, we must always be striving for the pinnacle, but never achieve it - any cap instituted to maximize someone's potential is superficial, unnecessary, and hurts gameplay IMO.

I'd say most major orgs are underpaying compared to the money they bring in, not overpaying.

if this is the case then fighters need to go on strike somehow.

Porter's generic strategies teach us that there's really two generic strategies that apply here: price and differentiation.

All fight orgs in MMATycoon is fighting over price. They want to offer the highest priced contract to get fighters. Since there are more fight orgs than good fighters, the fighters have significant buyer power.

The only way to make money as a fight org is to differentiate your product in a way that is meaningful for fighters. To differentiate your product in such a way that fighters are willing to take a little less money than another org in order to be a part of yours.

That way the fighter is happy because he gets a bundle of bennefits at least equal to any other org. And the org owner is happy because money is just one aspect of the bundle he's giving the fighter, therefore allowing him to keep some money for himself.

Unfortunatley, this game is very rigid and it's very difficult to differentiate your product. However, if Pilgrim's Pride can convince customers it's branded chicken is somehow better than chicken in another package, you can find a way to do it.

Jus, nothing against you, but I hate this idea.

I think that there already is a built in punishment for the guys that overpay -(if they are in fact overpaying) -

The punishment being that you can't recoup that money on a card if you overpay a lower hyped fighter.

Truly, unless an org is losing money card after card after having well attended, properly priced events - then their not overpaying fighters.

If you do everything else right - and can't make a profit - You will be on the bad side of the free market cap.

My point is essentially this - The caps that you want - Already Exist. They are not instant, and don't need an enforcer.

The game on every level about running a successful buisness, and if someone is 'overpaying' their 2-0 fighters - their business will fail.

If they are taking a risk at paying a guy who they think is the next Jin Sen in order to gain loyalty and a long term deal on the next contract - succeed or fail , why should the game deny them that ability?

Like I said, nothing against ya - but this idea is not a good one.

Porter's generic strategies teach us that there's really two generic strategies that apply here: price and differentiation.

All fight orgs in MMATycoon is fighting over price. They want to offer the highest priced contract to get fighters. Since there are more fight orgs than good fighters, the fighters have significant buyer power.

The only way to make money as a fight org is to differentiate your product in a way that is meaningful for fighters. To differentiate your product in such a way that fighters are willing to take a little less money than another org in order to be a part of yours.

That way the fighter is happy because he gets a bundle of bennefits at least equal to any other org. And the org owner is happy because money is just one aspect of the bundle he's giving the fighter, therefore allowing him to keep some money for himself.

Unfortunatley, this game is very rigid and it's very difficult to differentiate your product. However, if Pilgrim's Pride can convince customers it's branded chicken is somehow better than chicken in another package, you can find a way to do it.

Also +1 to this - This is exactly the reasoning behind why I put together the WCC/ICON videos. http://youtube.com/wccla