World of Mixed Martial Arts

• 1 year later...

does anyone have an order id or e licence for World of mixed martial arts 3 i can use ? i tried the demo and it didnt last long enough for me to get a good feel of the game.

would be much aprpeciated

Right now I'm pissed, I'm playing WMMA2 with GAMMA org and I can't re-sign my fighters or sign new ones since they keep moaning for more base pay, but nothing seems to be enough for those greedy c*nts... ie: I offered 4 fights (4 guarenteed) 70% win bonus, 7,5% performance bonus, and 100k!!! (current HW champ Foster, highest paid fighter there is, is paid 240k) to a guy that 8-3-0 on total (1-1 on GAMMA) and he still rejected, now the 100k was just to try an absurd amount to see if he'd agree since I haven't been able to sign or re-sign anyone, even if I'd agree to all demands but the base pay just keeps being too low.

I just had 2 events so I can't actually pay everyone 500k now can I?

edit: Found the answer from WMMA2 forums, it has something to do with the language version of my Windows and has the instructions to fix it!

Haha, I was about to ask if your org was in MMA Tycoon. Sounds like these games are not all that different on the contract front. :P

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love Grey Dog and Gary but none of their games work on mac. I was a huge FPS Basketball fan back in the day.

First Player shooter basketball game? :L LOL

urm yeah i want to get the full version of WMMA3 or WMMA2 but i don't wanna shell out that much incase i get bored with the text based shiatt

• Upvote 1

I am thinking of paying for WMMA 3. I already have WMMA 2. Might take the time to make a mod for Tycoon. Put our heads on the real game bodies and put in the top orgs like Syn, NFC, ONI, and maybe a Blitz or two. Unfortunately I am slow at that stuff and might need help. Maybe have org owners each do their own org or something? Or maybe I can only do ONI and ONI fighters then use it for my personal game? Most likely I will burn out before it is done if I have to do more than ONI.

I am thinking of paying for WMMA 3. I already have WMMA 2. Might take the time to make a mod for Tycoon. Put our heads on the real game bodies and put in the top orgs like Syn, NFC, ONI, and maybe a Blitz or two. Unfortunately I am slow at that stuff and might need help. Maybe have org owners each do their own org or something? Or maybe I can only do ONI and ONI fighters then use it for my personal game? Most likely I will burn out before it is done if I have to do more than ONI.

I would be happy to help with that but i don't see me shelling out money for this game in the near future sorry

I am a regular on their forums, been playing Rylands games for over 12 years now, WMMA3 is a disappointing though, most of all i hate that you need to spend 1/2 the time sending out contracts. The simulator is not bad, but the business side pretty much sucks. Also there is not much in the form of competition, the real world mods are average

I am a regular on their forums, been playing Rylands games for over 12 years now, WMMA3 is a disappointing though, most of all i hate that you need to spend 1/2 the time sending out contracts. The simulator is not bad, but the business side pretty much sucks. Also there is not much in the form of competition, the real world mods are average

I agree that there's no competition at all. Everything is just so easy in this one it is a sure shot to be the top 1 org no matter how low you start at. Also, it's just too hard to lose money so the economic pressure is never there. I am fine with the game but it's just not challenging enough.

I agree that there's no competition at all. Everything is just so easy in this one it is a sure shot to be the top 1 org no matter how low you start at. Also, it's just too hard to lose money so the economic pressure is never there. I am fine with the game but it's just not challenging enough.

Yeah, what i usually do is just make all the rest my feeder leagues

So you guys suggest sticking to tew? I just like the idea of a management game that isn't football really, used to be a big wrestling fan in the day, so loved the ear and such

Not sure about the difficulty of TEW since I didn't play that a lot but from my experience it's much harder than WMMA or it just takes more effort and time to get popularity and be big. TEW is more time consuming as well since you need to setup an entire wrestling show by yourself while in WMMA all you do is book matches and see them unfold. I find myself playing more WMMA though since sometime I just don't feel like spending so much time just on a show or two.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been playing WMMA 3 for some years now, bought it when it just came out and I've been browsing the Grey Dog Forums on and off since then.

In all honesty, I think that Adam Ryland is a stuck-up bitch... When ever he answers questions on the forums, it's almost always done in a really condescending or agressive tone and he is totally unable to see or understand anything other than his own narrow view.

35$ is also an insanely high price for his games, imo, and he sure ain't happy to decrease that price. He even refused to examine the possibility of releasing his games on Steam, since that would interfere with his pricing strategy... so what if you only get half the money for each sold copy, if your costumer base expands with a factor 1000 or more.

Luckily, eLicense 4.0 was cracked sometime during 2013, so I've tried all of his games. Most of them are really bad, they seem fun when you read the description, but are just plain boring in execution. I'm looking at you; Comic Book Hero and Arcadia. In my opinion WMMA is the only ones of his games worth playing. If I was still into wrestling I would probably like the TEW or WreSpi series as well, but wrestling lost all appeal to me when I discovered MMA. (sometime around UFC 25'ish).

If I had to give a single word to describe games designed by Adam Ryland, it would be: really really repetitive.. but WMMA3 is defiantly a guilty pleasure for me... or was, haven't really played it for a year or so.

Yeah, the guy comes across as a smug prick on the forums. I used to love Extreme Warfare Revenge back in the day, but haven't played his wrestling games since. WMMA3 was great, but very repetitive. WMMA4 is in development for release later this year or early next year.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing WMMA 3 for some years now, bought it when it just came out and I've been browsing the Grey Dog Forums on and off since then.

In all honesty, I think that Adam Ryland is a stuck-up bitch... When ever he answers questions on the forums, it's almost always done in a really condescending or agressive tone and he is totally unable to see or understand anything other than his own narrow view.

35$ is also an insanely high price for his games, imo, and he sure ain't happy to decrease that price. He even refused to examine the possibility of releasing his games on Steam, since that would interfere with his pricing strategy... so what if you only get half the money for each sold copy, if your costumer base expands with a factor 1000 or more.

Luckily, eLicense 4.0 was cracked sometime during 2013, so I've tried all of his games. Most of them are really bad, they seem fun when you read the description, but are just plain boring in execution. I'm looking at you; Comic Book Hero and Arcadia. In my opinion WMMA is the only ones of his games worth playing. If I was still into wrestling I would probably like the TEW or WreSpi series as well, but wrestling lost all appeal to me when I discovered MMA. (sometime around UFC 25'ish).

If I had to give a single word to describe games designed by Adam Ryland, it would be: really really repetitive.. but WMMA3 is defiantly a guilty pleasure for me... or was, haven't really played it for a year or so.

TEW is actually his best game by far. It is a bit slow moving though because you have so much to do. Almost like a chore, however the level of detail there far outweighs anything else he created. Another thing is the depth of that game. The fictional universe is actually very well thought of and deep. WMMA has a very shallow database which is one of its weaknesses. I have also complained endlessly about their contracting system there as well.

I do agree though, Adam is pretty stuck in his ways and is not the most friendly person in the forums. His other games other than these 2 are pretty poor in my opinion.