Against a better clincher

Diablix

If my athlete is against a fighter which is a lot better in the clinch than him which strategy do you advise?

1) High aggression with the last clinch slider toward STALL

2) Low aggression (and so high control)?

And what if my fighter is a good BJJ artist and he's a good wrestler? The Pull Guard Vs Takedown should be almost 100% Pull Guard?

If my athlete is against a fighter which is a lot better in the clinch than him which strategy do you advise?

1) High aggression with the last clinch slider toward STALL

2) Low aggression (and so high control)?

And what if my fighter is a good BJJ artist and he's a good wrestler? The Pull Guard Vs Takedown should be almost 100% Pull Guard?

The first idea would be not to get in the clinch in the first place, look to 100% on the outside and countering so you hit them before they can engage.

When in it, control is critical, which you can often do if you have the better wrestling.

Pulling guard puts you in a bad situation so it is not an ideal way to go. If the advantage is brown vs white it may be a good idea but otherwise you should consider the other alternatives first.

The first idea would be not to get in the clinch in the first place, look to 100% on the outside and countering so you hit them before they can engage.

Well, that's obvious, but he will probably try to get in the clinch, so eventually it will happen, i'm afraid.

When in it, control is critical, which you can often do if you have the better wrestling.

Pulling guard puts you in a bad situation so it is not an ideal way to go. If the advantage is brown vs white it may be a good idea but otherwise you should consider the other alternatives first.

Could I send you as a private message the links to the 2 fighters to get some more accurate suggestions?

If it don't bother you of course, I would hate to annoy you.

Well, that's obvious, but he will probably try to get in the clinch, so eventually it will happen, i'm afraid.

As sarcastic as that may have sounded, it was not supposed to be. The counter strike has proven to be an effective weapon against very strong clinchers when done with guile. It is something that can be a great tool to any fighters arsenal.