Who has hardest competition? I want stats based on fighter total points.

Fighter points comparison  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Is a fighter total ability points comparison more important than ranking opposing managers?

• The current manager competition ranking is nonsense and should be replaced with fighter points stats.
    • Yes
    • No

The current manager comp ranking is nonsense... but I can't really think of a better "rating" system that wouldn't take more work than it was worth to implement effectively.

I don't think anyone really puts much faith in it except haters. I'm pretty sure MikeT had said at one point the whole purpose of the stat being implemented was to make Andrei Arlovski change her/his/its ways.

Like if i fight against a fighter with 1300 points and my guy has only 955... If the manager of the 1300 fighter has no ranking then the game considers this fight as an easy opp for me! Thats so stupid lol. It needs changing or at least add fightr

The current rating system tells nothing about how tough your opp are. I am very curious to see where all these "top rank" guys stand in comparing actual fighter points. Whos truly fighting tougher or weaker opponents? Nobody knows.

To be honest, I know very few people that pay attention to it. If your new and a fast riser your competition rank is unfavourable but then the same goes for someone who has tailed of due to rebuilding their roster or whatever other reason. The only thing this is for is catching out anyone who gives themselves fights that are designed to make them good at the expense of others which it has done.

I really don't give it any thought anymore

THe points of fighters are worthless too. Pretending more points means a better fighter is not going to solve anything. If 2 people create wonderful boxers and everything is equal. ONe guy decides to build his boxing to exception along with punches. The other guy spends that same amount of time/sessions building his 8 useless skills to woeful. Those woeful skills wont have any effect in a head to head fight and the guy with Exceptional boxing would(all things being equal) Beat the Wonderful boxer. Useless builds faster than Wonderful therefor the useless trainer would get more points.

The guy i have with the most pops is not even my top 5 best fighters. He is also been around longer than all of them. He is well rounded but all his weapons are only respectable. Its very hard to take someone good out with 4 different respectable strikes compared to someone who has wonderful punches. But i have twice as many points as someone who just got created.

There is more important things to worry about in reguards to this game than trying to make a meaningless opponent rank fool proof.

THe points of fighters are worthless too. Pretending more points means a better fighter is not going to solve anything. If 2 people create wonderful boxers and everything is equal. ONe guy decides to build his boxing to exception along with punches. The other guy spends that same amount of time/sessions building his 8 useless skills to woeful. Those woeful skills wont have any effect in a head to head fight and the guy with Exceptional boxing would(all things being equal) Beat the Wonderful boxer. Useless builds faster than Wonderful therefor the useless trainer would get more points.

The guy i have with the most pops is not even my top 5 best fighters. He is also been around longer than all of them. He is well rounded but all his weapons are only respectable. Its very hard to take someone good out with 4 different respectable strikes compared to someone who has wonderful punches. But i have twice as many points as someone who just got created.

There is more important things to worry about in reguards to this game than trying to make a meaningless opponent rank fool proof.

You put your exceptional/uesless/uesless/white belt boxer against my wonderfuls/woeful/woeful/almost blue belt Boxer and I will own you. No offense. There will be very little boxing going on unless you count the veritable plethora of dirty boxing my guy unleashes on yours with his meager woeful MT/Wrestling/Clinchwork.

I see the point you were trying to make.. but bad example. Having Useless in any skill, especially a primary, is a green light to get fucked in that style.

This is not meaningless. I am having trouble getting these can crushers to accept a fight against me. If they knew it would reflect badly upon them they would leave the white belts alone and stop declining fight offers

You put your exceptional/uesless/uesless/white belt boxer against my wonderfuls/woeful/woeful/almost blue belt Boxer and I will own you. No offense. There will be very little boxing going on unless you count the veritable plethora of dirty boxing my guy unleashes on yours with his meager woeful MT/Wrestling/Clinchwork.

I see the point you were trying to make.. but bad example. Having Useless in any skill, especially a primary, is a green light to get fucked in that style.

Thats because you dont nderstand my examples. I wasnt talking about primary Skills. To mkae it clear here is what i was talking about. Both boxers are the same in every way. Except one has Exceptional boxing and Exceptional punches. The other Has Wonderful Boxing and Wonderful punches AND Mediocre Kicks and Mediocre knees. In a head to head fight The mediocre kicks and knees would have ZERO effect on the outcome of the fight. Noone is going to throw mediocre kicks and have exceptions punches thrown back. So we are still looking at a boxing match. Yet the guy with Mediocre kicks and knees has 60+ point advantage but should still be the underdog. That is just to show that points can be misleading and ussually are.

Points are usualy misleading??? Wtf? Seriosly? Yeah the guy with more skills is never the better fighter... I dont even know how to begin correcting that ignorant statement. And 60 points is hardly anything when its usually 2 1500 vs 1560

But a useless everything fighter vs an elite fighter could be a perfectly even matchup with the current system. So im just saying fighter points system woud be 100 times better. Why cant we have both?

Thats because you dont nderstand my examples. I wasnt talking about primary Skills. To mkae it clear here is what i was talking about. Both boxers are the same in every way. Except one has Exceptional boxing and Exceptional punches. The other Has Wonderful Boxing and Wonderful punches AND Mediocre Kicks and Mediocre knees. In a head to head fight The mediocre kicks and knees would have ZERO effect on the outcome of the fight. Noone is going to throw mediocre kicks and have exceptions punches thrown back. So we are still looking at a boxing match. Yet the guy with Mediocre kicks and knees has 60+ point advantage but should still be the underdog. That is just to show that points can be misleading and ussually are.

I guess I don't get it cuz this isn't exactly wut you said the first time?

You said they both started equal, and one trained exceptional punches and boxing and the other spent an equal amount of time training other stuff. Its sounds like your trying to pidgeonhole your example so it can't be proven wrong.

I had typed a long example of why your new attempt also wouldn't work, but I get the impression you just wanna be right, so wutev :)

Whenver we both have some free spaces avail I'll make a guy with exactly same stats as yours, and you can train just your punches and boxing to exceptional, and I'll use the exact same amount of sessions to train wutever I want. We'll see who's right :)

Just for starts tho'. It would take you around 40 sessions to get exceptional in both, and I can get A LOT more than Mediocre Knees and Kicks in that amount of time.

All I would need to have is Abysmal MT/Clinch/Wrestling to annihilate your guy. Even if you JUST let me train secondaries, even tho' you're training Boxing Primary, I'd be pretty amazed if I didn't get those to primaries to abysmal.

LOL. I just re-read, and omitting everything else you said... Dude, you have been around almost a year and you still think Mediocre Kicks would be worthless against someone who has useless MT?

i want to start a league for no training fights just to see whos better without training.. Thjat will be my next thread!! Initial build championships! ibc

i want to start a league for no training fights just to see whos better without training.. Thjat will be my next thread!! Initial build championships! ibc

That sounds pretty cool...but maybe have them all train in the same gym until fights? Adds a little twist to it...

But the current ranking system isn't too bad. Its similar to real life rankings in some ways.

The current opponent ranking is useless, and could be scrapped outright for all I care,

but creating a metric that is both objective and meaningful is hard.

Just going by fighter points doesn't cut it, because the guy working the sliders always has a very big influence.

I also don't like the idea of revealing the fighter's total skill points either.