Gym fees cap discussion

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we all agree that 5-10 hours of time isn't worht it for now.

But I hope that long-term options other than just a hard and fast, low, cap will be considered.

To the point that the gym fees are already higher than real life. As you also pointed out, fighters have other items like mortgages, food, childcare, etc to consider. In the simplistic MMAT world....maybe the gyms represent their overall costs. That makes $500/week gym fees far more easy to understand.

I think perhaps there just needs to be a fixed land rental fee. Maybe $500 per week sort of range.

I like the first idea, $50/week plus $40 per coach. By my math, that's plenty of money to work with!

I do not like the idea I quoted above, not for any great reason, just that I don't want to pay it. I think we have enough expenses...well, if you've got coaches and have enough people to need to save up for new equipment.

To your point of 500 per week is insane so in 10k or per month for a trainer. you should pay based on classes and how many people r in them. I also feel you should have to hire from a pool not create a coach. Different coachs should have different advantages besides what they teach. Also you should be able to pay more for individual sessions. I also feel you should have gym building fees, so you start off with a gym the holds X people and if you want more it costs X to build an addition and X per month for rent.

Guys, these are WEEKLY fees. $500 per week is absolutely insane in the first place. Anything above that, to me at least, seems farcical. Remember that in the real world people have to spend money on houses, cars, food, children etc. Here they only have to spend money on gym fees. It's already unrealistic on that front so if there was no cap we could be paying like $10,000 per week on gym fees if there was no cap, which is just completely pointless imho.

Is it ridiculous? Becase Synchronicity has $600,000 in cash just sitting in their coffers. I expect to see top fighters making 5-figures a fight within 6 months. What are fighters going to spend that money on? A $50 shirt and a $150 supplement?

Not that my opinion is worth much but here it goes....

first off, you can use extra money to possibly fly over to fight in other organizations in the future if you wanna face some of the best around the world, I don't know if any managers are doing this, but if you are sick of your location, or wanna fight the best in another country, you can always fly over in the future and do that.

second of all, about this new style of running a gym, this people will not achieve greatness by creating one dimensional fighters and sparring really, because of the energy factor. I look at the MT, wrestling coach, and boxing trainer....they have 0% energy left. How can they pull of successful sparring sessions if the suposed "trainers" have no energy, shouldn't that mean they can't help others increase, or at least that is what i thought.

Well they shouldn't be able to spend all their money, that's what I'd suggest. Having a rich fighter should be a rank in itself, like p4p or WC ranks. It all needs to be kept within the realms of semi-normality.

itll soon come to the point where fighters will sponsor companies, not the other way around ;). the only thing rather rich fighters could do with the money is have it sit in the bank or buy a lot of drugs & clothing they dont need ;).

a cap on gym-fees is fine if you think its needed, but like imo not too low. whats wrong with 1000 bucks a week for the best gym in the city? see it like a training-camp ... a training-camp with some of the best trainers in the world is a luxury and very expensive. elite-gyms where the puplic doesnt have access are expensive. fighters/managers will have motivation to get into such a gym one day, no?

Gyms should pay rent, based on their capacity. This could be balanced by lowering trainers pay somehow. It would be more logical.

To ease money laundering problem you can start taxing "unfair" superprofits exponentially. If gym has 5000 income and 2500 expences its profit is taxed, lets say, only 5%, but if there is 5000 income and 500 expenses its profit taxed 50%. It should make people spend more and earn more. Just an idea, i don't know if it is possible at all.

Also, to help fighters spend their 6 figure paychecks from Satan there could be several very expensive things to pay for. For example: cars and houses - they cost a lot, but they are the sign of status, and can give slight boost to energy recovery rate during rest.

Don't hate - it's just thoughts from the top of my head.

No hate at all, it's all good stuff. I think, as you say, there needs to be some seriously expensive stuff that fighters can buy. I would like to have houses / cars / private jets etc... the main problem is whether we'd make them bought from a computer or a real user shop, and what would happen if that user became inactive and hadn't paid off e.g. all the rent on their new house, owed to a real user's company. Anyway, I think we've got a bit of time before that's a real issue but you're right, there are a few ways to get fighters spending money.

No hate at all, it's all good stuff. I think, as you say, there needs to be some seriously expensive stuff that fighters can buy. I would like to have houses / cars / private jets etc... the main problem is whether we'd make them bought from a computer or a real user shop, and what would happen if that user became inactive and hadn't paid off e.g. all the rent on their new house, owed to a real user's company. Anyway, I think we've got a bit of time before that's a real issue but you're right, there are a few ways to get fighters spending money.

Houses and jets would be a great addition when fighters get to the point of fighting globally, rather than in their own hometown. You could buy a house in each city so you can fight there without incurring hotel fees, and the private jet could reduce the energy loss and cost of travelling or moving to a new city.

I don't run a gym but I am against limits on gym fees, if somebody wants to pay 1000 a week to go to a sparring only gym then they're free to do so, its a bit silly if you ask me but if it works then hey.

Somewhat on topic: Are the quality of sparring sessions determined by just quality of opponents or is quantity also factored in? If say you made it so that (for example) 3 Mediocre Boxers = 1 Proficient Boxer and so on, then it would cut down on demand for high dollar sparring only gyms slightly thus lowering their price etc. Perhaps with penalties if over a certain amount of fighters show up for one sparring session, to simulate crowding. This is all off the top of my head so there is probably some glaring flaw with this that I haven't thought of.

Page 3 snipe

Houses and jets would be a great addition when fighters get to the point of fighting globally, rather than in their own hometown. You could buy a house in each city so you can fight there without incurring hotel fees, and the private jet could reduce the energy loss and cost of travelling or moving to a new city.

Yes, what can be more cost effective, than traveling in your own jet! :smile_anim:

well has anything ever been figured out on this -- just asking cause i noticed in chat of raising gym fees again -- if your going to make certain rules, like cap on coaches to keep them from getting so big and taking over as you put it -- then cap needs to be put on money cause thats the root of all evil and take overs anyway. if we have a drew1.0 then we need an amy1.0

true it was silly for him to leave and quit but i do understand where he is coming from

My programmers' comp exploded on Monday so that held up this issue as this is one of his jobs :P I've been working on other stuff in the meantime. Anyway, he should be back in action tomorrow so we can start working on this again.

So to answer directly, nope, nothing is set in stone yet. I need to implement max of $50 for no-trainer gyms first off, then I personally think $50 per coach is the best option. I'll see if that's feasable though first.

$50 per coach and $50 for no-trainer gyms sounds reasonable to me. Did some simple math and it certainly won't hinder my gym now or in the future. I will say that I have never been in a sparring gym, so I am not really qualified to say much about them.

I do think you need to set it so gym fees can't be raised on Thursday. My gym killed 2 of my fighters like that. The owner boosted fees from $100 to $250 on a Thursday and said it was for 1 week so the gym didn't get closed as he wasn't bringing in enough cash but when it came back around this week it knocked my dudes out. Kinda hard to ration out your expenses when shit like that happens

I am indifferent toward the topic. My better fighters have enough money and I have one in Canadian Top Team. I am willing to pay for top training. But to put things into perspective, Tito charges 30k to go to Big Bear with him for a training camp. If we are simulating real life, this is applicable here. 30k for say a 12 week training camp breaks down to 2500 a week. Juanito was charging Rampage 65k. Its not really as far fetched as it is being perceived.

I am indifferent toward the topic. My better fighters have enough money and I have one in Canadian Top Team. I am willing to pay for top training. But to put things into perspective, Tito charges 30k to go to Big Bear with him for a training camp. If we are simulating real life, this is applicable here. 30k for say a 12 week training camp breaks down to 2500 a week. Juanito was charging Rampage 65k. Its not really as far fetched as it is being perceived.

in real life no one tells you how many coaches you can have --- but rule was made for it here

I haven't read ahead yet, so if someone already suggested this, sorry for repeating.

why don't you make it to where the fees are locked starting on Friday. It would allow the gym owners to charge their own rates without leaving their patrons rinsed for money. I think that if you locked the fees completely you're preventing the gym owners from doing what is the entire purpose of starting a business....to make money.