Fedor Emelianenko: 'Jiu-jitsu is nothing special -- my loss was caused by my personal mistake'

Get over the Fedor vs Nog... he fought him 4X. Whenever Fedor was supposed to be fighting a big match, he'd fight Noguiera, AGAIN.

I realize Fedors fans think he is immortal or something, I would just like to actually see him fight the top competition and take on all comers like a true champion would.

He fought Nogueira the first time when Nogueira was the no.1 HW in the world and the PRIDE champion.

He fought him the second and third times because they had met at the conclusion of the HW GP in 04 (a tournament), but their bout at Final Conflict had resulted in an NC due to an accidental headbutt. They fought for the third and final time at Shockwave later that year to conclude the tournament.

Basically what I'm saying is ajperok that you're an idiot who speaks about things he doesn't know anything about, you dumb dumb hater you.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He fought Nogueira the first time when Nogueira was the no.1 HW in the world and the PRIDE champion.

He fought him the second and third times because they had met at the conclusion of the HW GP in 04 (a tournament), but their bout at Final Conflict had resulted in an NC due to an accidental headbutt. They fought for the third and final time at Shockwave later that year to conclude the tournament.

Basically what I'm saying is ajperok that you're an idiot who speaks about things he doesn't know anything about, you dumb dumb hater you.

That still dont adress the issue. Fedor fought Nog over and over when he could have been facing the half dozen other top guys in Pride he never fought. You can blame it on anything you want. Match making, tourneys, etc. Either way Fedor was building his legacy on beating the same guy over and over. Its like letting Gonzaga beat Cro Cop 10 times to justify ranking him #1 rather than beat Couture, Mir, Werdum, etc. So what ever is to blame it still falls on Pride. (Another reason no legit org runs tournys. You blow throw all your interesting fights and left with all rematches) Even if you dont count the handful of fights with Nog, Fedor was still fighting Zulus, TK, etc. Then he refused to enter the last GP he drug his mirko fight out for ages. As we see he has always had total control over his opponents. Once he got the belt he called the shots. So his lack of consistent competition is his fault.

''Fedor fought Nog over and over when he could have been facing the half dozen other top guys in Pride he never fought. You can blame it on anything you want. Match making, tourneys, etc. Either way Fedor was building his legacy on beating the same guy over and over. Its like letting Gonzaga beat Cro Cop 10 times to justify ranking him #1 rather than beat Couture, Mir, Werdum, etc''

This has got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

You do know Nogueira was also the Interim HW Champion, so a unification bout was kind of a good thing to happen. So he fought him ''over and over''? Twice is ''over and over'' (not counting the NC)? Having a rematch in the finale of a tournament (that had most of the top heavyweights in the world) with the no.2 heavyweight, interim title holder and easily second best ever heavyweight is the equivalent to fighting someone ten times? Are you that stupid?

Well you probably are but regardless.

There are only two fights that Fedor missed out on in PRIDE which people wanted to see and that's Kharitonov and Barnett, the Barnett fight obviously was meant to happen in Affliction. Nogueira beat Sergey to fight Fedor. In 2006 that would have still been a good matchup though.

Fedor still fought about 4+ fights a year in PRIDE, beating 8 top 10 opponents from the start of 2002 to the end of 2006.

CroCop got KOd by randleman in the first round of the tournament (Fedor then beat him in the next round), he had also lost to Nogueira for the interim belt shortly before. The very next year CroCop fights Fedor and loses. That qualifies as ducking the Mirko fight for ages? The only time you could argue he ducked was when he went off to fight at that K-1 NYE event that led to the creation of the PRIDE interim belt, but again CroCop lost to Nogueira for it and ended up getting beaten by Fedor later anyway.

So go educate yourself about PRIDE before you share your retarded opinions with anyone else.

Disregarding all comments about how good Fedor is, he's good, but not great.

See my sig, H'es not great, he's constantly dodged opponents and this is just another way of dodging Overeems. 1 loss compared to a proper beating from Overeems is easy.

Werdum is no joke and has constantly improved, he'll fight the Reem, Fedor won't!!!!

''Fedor fought Nog over and over when he could have been facing the half dozen other top guys in Pride he never fought. You can blame it on anything you want. Match making, tourneys, etc. Either way Fedor was building his legacy on beating the same guy over and over. Its like letting Gonzaga beat Cro Cop 10 times to justify ranking him #1 rather than beat Couture, Mir, Werdum, etc''

This has got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

You do know Nogueira was also the Interim HW Champion, so a unification bout was kind of a good thing to happen. So he fought him ''over and over''? Twice is ''over and over'' (not counting the NC)? Having a rematch in the finale of a tournament (that had most of the top heavyweights in the world) with the no.2 heavyweight, interim title holder and easily second best ever heavyweight is the equivalent to fighting someone ten times? Are you that stupid?

Well you probably are but regardless.

There are only two fights that Fedor missed out on in PRIDE which people wanted to see and that's Kharitonov and Barnett, the Barnett fight obviously was meant to happen in Affliction. Nogueira beat Sergey to fight Fedor. In 2006 that would have still been a good matchup though.

Fedor still fought about 4+ fights a year in PRIDE, beating 8 top 10 opponents from the start of 2002 to the end of 2006.

CroCop got KOd by randleman in the first round of the tournament (Fedor then beat him in the next round), he had also lost to Nogueira for the interim belt shortly before. The very next year CroCop fights Fedor and loses. That qualifies as ducking the Mirko fight for ages? The only time you could argue he ducked was when he went off to fight at that K-1 NYE event that led to the creation of the PRIDE interim belt, but again CroCop lost to Nogueira for it and ended up getting beaten by Fedor later anyway.

So go educate yourself about PRIDE before you share your retarded opinions with anyone else.

Dont be a dumbass. Fedor was in Pride for 5 years had 17 fights 15 of them under the Pride banner. Yet the only top fighters he fought was Nog and Cro Cop. You can spin the talent all you want. Im sure you want to claim Randleman and Coleman as top fighters dispite them being KICKED out of the UFC long ago. We see what kind of "talent" Hunt was. He cant even buy a win. He didnt fight anyone. Were was a fight vs Werdum? Barnett? Sergei? even his brother Aleks? Some of the blame like i said falls on Pride. Because of their tournaments top guys fought cans in the early rounds and rematches in later rounds. Not to mention the bracket was made up on the fly and never a real tournament anyway. But like we see Fedor could have fought anyone any time he wanted. As we have seen he was able to avoid the OWGP, avoid the top names i mentioned in Pride, ducked Monson many times, Hand picked a 185 lb Matt Lindland in Bodog, and Hong Man Choi in Yarennoka, how he avoided the UFC, and now how he is avoiding Overeem.

If Fedor had showed a sign of fighting the best at all times people wouldnt care how many times he fought Nog. Just as noone would care that much if Brock fought Mir after he already beat Cain, Santos, and all other top guys. But if Brock ducked these guys and avoided half the top 10 for 5 years you better believe him fighting Mir 3+ times would be thrown in his face.

The history lesson continues

Fedor fought Nog over and over when he could have been facing the half dozen other top guys in Pride he never fought

To bring you back on topic, this was what we originally argue which is what Im going to address now, that was sparked by you defending:

''Get over the Fedor vs Nog... he fought him 4X. Whenever Fedor was supposed to be fighting a big match, he'd fight Noguiera, AGAIN.''

Were was a fight vs Werdum? Barnett? Sergei? even his brother Aleks?

When Fedor fought Nogueira the second time:

Werdum was 4-0

Barnett hadnt debuted in PRIDE yet

Sergey just lost to Nogueira

Aleks was 3-1...also Aleks is Fedor's brother, as you know, and has only ever beaten one top fighter. It's hardly a Klitschko vs Klitschko deal, which nobody calls for in boxing anyway. I think one of the reasons is because boxing fans tend to be brighter than Ultimate Fighting!! fans.

So, again BrainSmasher, who SHOULD have Fedor fought then instead of ''Nog over and over''? Who was a better opponent than Nog, THE INTERIM HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION ?

Does twice = over and over? Please enlighten me, I do so value your opinion.

Now onto random new topics you decided to bring up to discredit Fedor after getting owned:

Yet the only top fighters he fought was Nog and Cro Cop. You can spin the talent all you want.

Well the only really archived rankings I have access to are the Sherdog ones. Here's the ranked fighters Fedor fought in PRIDE: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/sherdog-r...resent-1214246/ listed below. Undoubtedly your response is going to be ''No! They were all shit! UFC RULES'' but with grammar and spelling mistakes thrown in for good measure.

Schilt no.10

Herring no.3

Nogueira no.1

Coleman no.8

Randleman no.8 at LHW

Nogueira no.2

CroCop no.3

Hunt no.8

Does posting rankings from the biggest MMA site on the web count as ''spinning the talent''?

Randleman and Coleman as top fighters dispite them being KICKED out of the UFC long ago

Randleman left the UFC on a win and Coleman left the UFC on his own accord. Coleman beat Rizzo really, and hey the Coleman of ten years later was apparently good enough to join the organisation again!

None of this would matter if you didnt have some loyalty to the UFC as a fight organisation. Clearly PRIDE had the better heavyweight division than the UFC, come on anyone who followed the sport at that time knew this. Tim was the only top 5 fighter they had for a long long time. So does it really say much if a fighter loses in the UFC and then wins in PRIDE, or vice versa? Why dont you stop taking that as proof that UFC > PRIDE and accept that fighters can change and form comes and goes. Next youll be telling me Igor and Saku were never any good because they didnt fight in a ZUFFA org.

We see what kind of "talent" Hunt was. He cant even buy a win. He didnt fight anyone.

Wand, CroCop and Barnett dont count as ''anyone''?

As we have seen he was able to avoid the OWGP, avoid the top names i mentioned in Pride

Who? CroCop and Barnett? Barnett refused the Fedor fight at the Shockwave 2006 event and they had the Affliction thing going on. CroCop had already been beaten. Or maybe you would have liked to see him fight Nogueira? Maybe Werdum, who he just now fought? Fedor was injured during the OWGP, you dont see me claiming Brock ducked Carwin by faking an infection.

ducked Monson many times, Hand picked a 185 lb Matt Lindland in Bodog

Monson would have been a much better fight for Fedor than Lindland, which is the only instance one could argue that he ducked him. The fight was offered to Couture as well. I think the whole USA Olympian vs Fedor thing was probably why Lindland was chosen, and is more logical than 'Fedor ducked the man that had just lost to Sylvia and nearly triangled in the process'. Of course if they had fought youd be saying Monson was 'KICKED out of the UFC' and was never that good.

If Fedor had showed a sign of fighting the best at all times people wouldnt care how many times he fought Nog. Just as noone would care that much if Brock fought Mir after he already beat Cain, Santos, and all other top guys. But if Brock ducked these guys and avoided half the top 10 for 5 years you better believe him fighting Mir 3+ times would be thrown in his face.

3+ times? '3+' generally means 'more than three times'. Fedor basically fought Nogueira twice as already mentioned, Not 4x or '3+' which could mean anything. Coincidentally, Brock fought Mir twice, and hey check this out - the second time they fought it was to unify the belt, just like Fedor vs Nog!

How nice and circular this post has been, though youve devolved the conversation into a defense of Fedor and not an explanation of why the FedorvsNog fights were easily the best available and why

''Get over the Fedor vs Nog... he fought him 4X. Whenever Fedor was supposed to be fighting a big match, he'd fight Noguiera, AGAIN.''

is retarded.

The history lesson continues

To bring you back on topic, this was what we originally argue which is what Im going to address now, that was sparked by you defending:

When Fedor fought Nogueira the second time:

Werdum was 4-0

Barnett hadnt debuted in PRIDE yet

Sergey just lost to Nogueira

Aleks was 3-1...also Aleks is Fedor's brother, as you know, and has only ever beaten one top fighter. It's hardly a Klitschko vs Klitschko deal, which nobody calls for in boxing anyway. I think one of the reasons is because boxing fans tend to be brighter than Ultimate Fighting!! fans.

So, again BrainSmasher, who SHOULD have Fedor fought then instead of ''Nog over and over''? Who was a better opponent than Nog, THE INTERIM HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION ?

Does twice = over and over? Please enlighten me, I do so value your opinion.

Now onto random new topics you decided to bring up to discredit Fedor after getting owned:

Well the only really archived rankings I have access to are the Sherdog ones. Here's the ranked fighters Fedor fought in PRIDE: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/sherdog-r...resent-1214246/ listed below. Undoubtedly your response is going to be ''No! They were all shit! UFC RULES'' but with grammar and spelling mistakes thrown in for good measure.

Schilt no.10

Herring no.3

Nogueira no.1

Coleman no.8

Randleman no.8 at LHW

Nogueira no.2

CroCop no.3

Hunt no.8

Does posting rankings from the biggest MMA site on the web count as ''spinning the talent''?

Randleman left the UFC on a win and Coleman left the UFC on his own accord. Coleman beat Rizzo really, and hey the Coleman of ten years later was apparently good enough to join the organisation again!

None of this would matter if you didnt have some loyalty to the UFC as a fight organisation. Clearly PRIDE had the better heavyweight division than the UFC, come on anyone who followed the sport at that time knew this. Tim was the only top 5 fighter they had for a long long time. So does it really say much if a fighter loses in the UFC and then wins in PRIDE, or vice versa? Why dont you stop taking that as proof that UFC > PRIDE and accept that fighters can change and form comes and goes. Next youll be telling me Igor and Saku were never any good because they didnt fight in a ZUFFA org.

Wand, CroCop and Barnett dont count as ''anyone''?

Who? CroCop and Barnett? Barnett refused the Fedor fight at the Shockwave 2006 event and they had the Affliction thing going on. CroCop had already been beaten. Or maybe you would have liked to see him fight Nogueira? Maybe Werdum, who he just now fought? Fedor was injured during the OWGP, you dont see me claiming Brock ducked Carwin by faking an infection.

Monson would have been a much better fight for Fedor than Lindland, which is the only instance one could argue that he ducked him. The fight was offered to Couture as well. I think the whole USA Olympian vs Fedor thing was probably why Lindland was chosen, and is more logical than 'Fedor ducked the man that had just been lost to Sylvia and nearly triangled in the process'. Of course if they had fought youd be saying Monson was 'KICKED out of the UFC' and was never that good.

3+ times? '3+' generally means 'more than three times'. Fedor basically fought Nogueira twice as already mentioned, Not 4x or '3+' which could mean anything. Coincidentally, Brock fought Mir twice, and hey check this out - the second time they fought it was to unify the belt, just like Fedor vs Nog!

How nice and circular this post has been, though youve devolved the conversation into a defense of Fedor and not an explanation of why the FedorvsNog fights were easily the best available and why

is retarded.

Haha, once again BrainSmasher's own stupidity gets him owned.

And, to you Macfleet, well done, sir.

3-4 years ago couture could beat fedor ,where is couture now??

2-3 month ago lesnar and carwin could beat fedor who think this now ??

Now u speak about velasquez and dos santos :

dos santos will loose again roy nelson

velasquez we should wait his fight with lesnar first , because he don't seems have good bjj .

About Overeem i want see this fight .

Randy could never beat Fedor and JDS will probably win again Nelson. Fedor is not as good as his record. He didn't fight many top guys and the best he fought Mirko he couldn't ko or even damage. The only reason why he won that fight was that Mirko was gassed in the second round and Fedor was in the best condition ever. Much better condition then his body would allow. He didn't even punh Mirko once with his gnp and Mirko did a lot of damage to him from the bottom, so Fedor is not all that great: if they foughe earlier when they were suppose to he would lost that fight and very probably by a brutal high kick ko, but the broken hand routine, sending his broter and waiting for his oponent to get past his peak condition always proved great for fedor.

Randy could never beat Fedor and JDS will probably win again Nelson. Fedor is not as good as his record. He didn't fight many top guys and the best he fought Mirko he couldn't ko or even damage. The only reason why he won that fight was that Mirko was gassed in the second round and Fedor was in the best condition ever. Much better condition then his body would allow. He didn't even punh Mirko once with his gnp and Mirko did a lot of damage to him from the bottom, so Fedor is not all that great: if they foughe earlier when they were suppose to he would lost that fight and very probably by a brutal high kick ko, but the broken hand routine, sending his broter and waiting for his oponent to get past his peak condition always proved great for fedor.

You make me wish Mirko would just retire, and I love Mirko, so you will stop riding on his nuts so damn hard. Get over it.

mirko was running away from fedor during the whole fight ,because he was afraid to be punch in the face.

He didn't land any thing serious except maybe some jab ,fedor punched him in the face several times .

Fedor never fell down due to strike , cro cop was knock out by gonzaga :sad01_anim:

Macfleet ur absolutely right in ur last posts.

So what if Fedor is a complete retard when it comes to Jiu Jitsu? Fighters having been talking crap about Jiu Jitsu since Royce Gracie won the first couple of UFC events and of course each in every time they did...they got owned by Jiu Jitsu mere months later.

If you think Fedor is a retard when it comes to JJ you must have no idea what Sambo is.

You make me wish Mirko would just retire, and I love Mirko, so you will stop riding on his nuts so damn hard. Get over it.

Get over what? He's just better. Fedor got beaten by Mirkos bbj coach.

mirko was running away from fedor during the whole fight ,because he was afraid to be punch in the face.

He didn't land any thing serious except maybe some jab ,fedor punched him in the face several times .

Fedor never fell down due to strike , cro cop was knock out by gonzaga :sad01_anim:

Macfleet ur absolutely right in ur last posts.

Fedor landed 1 punch in the whole fight. Mirko landed at least a dozen. He didn'r ran from Fedor. he ran beacause Fedor was juiced up and Mirko wasn't. If you don't see that Fedor was juiced up in that fight you're a moron. he didn't even breathe heavily after 3 rounds of that. just look at his face. All destroyed. Mirkos was brand new after the fight.

Get over what? He's just better. Fedor got beaten by Mirkos bbj coach.

Fedor landed 1 punch in the whole fight. Mirko landed at least a dozen. He didn'r ran from Fedor. he ran beacause Fedor was juiced up and Mirko wasn't. If you don't see that Fedor was juiced up in that fight you're a moron. he didn't even breathe heavily after 3 rounds of that. just look at his face. All destroyed. Mirkos was brand new after the fight.

So what if Werdum beat Fedor? That doesn't mean that Cro Cop could. And he clearly didn't. If Cro Cop learned so much from Werdum, why didn't he submit Fedor while Fedor was in his guard? And Fedor was in his guard for a long ass time.

I'm really questioning when the last time you saw this fight was. Fedor landed multiple punches standing, and some good ground n' pound too. And, if you haven't noticed yet, Fedor bruises and bleeds pretty fucking easily, so that isn't a good indicator of how much damage he's taken. But Cro Cop's face clearly isn't "fresh", as you claim, after the fight.

As for the juicing allegations, Cro Cop looks more likely to be on steroids than Fedor in this fight, in my opinion.

You've admitted to being Croation, right? And you have Mirko in your username. Don't try to act like you aren't biased at all. In fact, your bias is basically rewriting the history of the fight in your mind.

Download the fight here

I watched that fight just zhe other day. Fedor didn't land 1 punch with his gnp. he landed one or two standing. mirko landed a whole bunch. Fedor didn't get ko in that match because he was in unbelivable shape (all juiced up) and Mirko was past his peak, because Fedor postponed the fight with his known routines.

Yes, i admit. I'm Croatian!!! Very proud one and i mention it every time there's a chance or theres a pause in a conversation :) I'm also biased all over the place and i love it. I loooove it. i love me and i love Mirko.

Fedor is not better then Mirko.

Dude, I literally just watched the fight when I made that post, and you are wrong. There's no way to prove it to you other than having you watch the fight again, but you are definitely wrong.

As far as I know, steroids won't stop you from getting knocked out. I'd say Fedor didn't get knocked out because Cro Cop barely landed any strikes, although he did catch Fedor with a few good ones, but even then he never followed up and capitalized on it. Even if he had it's questionable if Cro Cop could have knocked him out, considering Fedor never has been before. One thing you can't deny about Fedor is that he always reacts well after being rocked (even if his legs are all wobbly).

At least you admit to being biased, but I'm just going to let you know that generally isn't a good trait to have. I'm all for national pride and everything, but when it blinds you then it becomes a problem, and your national pride is clearly blinding you to the fact that Cro Cop got beaten by Fedor.

Cro Cop is (or was, whatever) a good fighter, and I have respect for him as a person as well, but he isn't better than Fedor.

Fedor is great. The best mma fighter ever. You have to understand why some people who know Mirkos path love him so much. Fedor came from Sambo. It's basically like mma. Mirko came from amateur boxing and kick-boxing. The level he came to after being a stand up fighter and then transitoned to mma with 26 (or so years of age) is just incredible. And really you didn't watch the fight that good. I watched that fight more then 20 times. Even in slow motion, portions of it. Fedor really didn't land 1 punch whilst on the ground! He barely landed one standing. Sure a couple of his wild bar brawler type of punches that can ko guys like Fujita, but for Mirko that was only one screatch on his right side of the face. practically nothing. mirko lost because Fedor ran from that fight. he sent his brother and did his broken hand routine and CAUGHT Mirko past his peak. You have to understand how athaletes prepare for something. You have a peak and if something causes a delay you're past your peak. What i'm saying is that Mirko would beat ANYONE if they fought earlier when he still was in incredible condition. Fedor was in absolute unseen condition. Watch the fight. 3 round and the guy, after all that isn't even breathing heavily. mirko was gassed after the first round, like most people would be after that insane tempo. That fight was for me the proof that Fedor is using something.

And i never said that Fedor was using steroids. Why would he use something to build muscles? He doesn't need them He needs endurance, speed and explosion which he obviously had while in pride. Look at his body, especially now. He lost weight an he still looks like a couch potato. You can't doo all that looking like that. It's hard for a world class athalet to do that in that tempo, you can only imagine what is needed to make this happen for a guy who obviously isn't one.

If Mirko was from a sport similar to mma he really would be the best ever. Can you imagine how good his stand up would be now if he didn't have to train bjj and wrestling for 10 and more years at an intensity to caught up with his oponents? Just try to think of anyone who transitioned from a stand up art to mma so sucessful.

http://i27.tinypic.com/1552q13.jpg

then

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x22/tonyhoz/randleman6gm1.gif

e: mwahahahhaha

''What i'm saying is that Mirko would beat ANYONE if they fought earlier when he still was in incredible condition''

I watched that fight just zhe other day. Fedor didn't land 1 punch with his gnp. he landed one or two standing. mirko landed a whole bunch. Fedor didn't get ko in that match because he was in unbelivable shape (all juiced up) and Mirko was past his peak, because Fedor postponed the fight with his known routines.

Yes, i admit. I'm Croatian!!! Very proud one and i mention it every time there's a chance or theres a pause in a conversation :) I'm also biased all over the place and i love it. I loooove it. i love me and i love Mirko.

Fedor is not better then Mirko.

So you're saying at around 30 years of age Mirko was past his peak as a fighter?

I know a lot of Cro Cop's story, that's why I have a lot of respect for him, but that doesn't make him a better fighter.

I'm not going to take another half hour (or more, if I slow portions of the video down) to watch the fight again, because I know I'm going to see the exact same thing and I also know that it won't matter, because you still won't take my word for it. But I did just watch a portion of the fight, where Fedor is in Cro Cop's guard, and I clearly saw him land at least four punches. Throughout the fight Fedor throws a lot of strikes that miss, but not all of them do. As for standing, he does land a few punches. I'd blame him not landing much on the feet because of the fact that a majority of this fight is on the ground, with Fedor in Cro Cop's guard.

If Cro Cop would beat anyone if they fought while he was in his prime, why did Big Nog submit him two years prior to his fight with Fedor? If he wasn't in his prime yet, then what, he was only in his prime for about a year? That's a lot of "maybe" bullshit, anyway. No one can say for sure who would beat who, which is why we have competitions in the first place. I honestly don't think that Cro Cop really lost his touch until about 2007, myself, but you obviously think differently.

I've always heard "juice" used to refer to steroids specifically, not all performance enhancing drugs. Fedor clearly slowed down in the third round, and he wasn't exactly breathing heavily, but he was pretty fatigued. You can chalk it up to stimulants if you want, but maybe Fedor just had better cardio. Fedor got older too, man, which would explain why he doesn't have as much endurance or speed, but the man still has good cardio and speed, and can still be very explosive. I think the reason you see this fight as proof that he was on something is because it's the only way you can see him beating Cro Cop.

You can do everything Fedor does looking like that. Look at Roy Nelson. You think he's on performance enhancers? People put a lot of emphasis on physique but looking like you're in good shape and being in good shape are too different things. You don't need a six pack to have good cardio or to be fast, and having one doesn't mean you have good cardio or are fast, either.

Fedor isn't a world class athlete? I guess Sambo World Championships don't mean much. And I don't know much about the regulations, but I highly doubt they don't test for performance enhancing drugs.

All that "if" shit is just bullshit. "If Andrei Arlovski had a great chin he'd be the best ever." But he doesn't, and he isn't. And Cro Cop didn't come from Sambo to MMA. He came from kickboxing. And I wasn't born in Eastern Europe, I was born in America, so I grew up with wrestling instead of Sambo. We can imagine all we want, but you can't let that get in the way of reality. What is, is. We just have to deal with it.

EDIT: Apparently I did waste a half hour making this post, though, because the last six posts weren't there when I started. Only one of my points was already made, though.

quick note:

fedor trained in very high altitude mountains for this fight just so that he'd be able to outlast cro cop..i think one of the announcers even mentions it during the fight