I have faith in Mike Tycoon.

Not being a nut hugger, but I think that he is doing a great job with HIS game. He is taking it to where he believes it needs to be, regardless of how people are going to take it. He is just moving it closer to an area that he believes it should be in, and probably should have been in before. I'd be one of the first to tell you that if you make something special, like lower the price, you aren't offering a special, you're setting a new standard and people will be upset when it goes back. Normally I stop there, but people will usually get over it. Most fighters were being built the same way, no strength and no conditioning. They weren't needed because they could be trained much, much more quickly than everything else. Now there will be new thought put in to where to put physical points, at least for a while. Also, we're getting bonuses to Yoga, the cheap man's Circuit Training, and our other physical activities will also be receiving a bonus for their labor.

I think we could use some more positive attitude around here. :suicide_anim:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm obviously a huge fan of the game.

I understand tweaking benefits from training classes with more people signed up but taking away benefit from 1 on 1 training is total bullshit.

Saying something is imperfect in one's eyes isn't being negative. You might classify what I said in my post in the game speed thread as negative. Here is exactly what I wrote:

"I enjoy it a lot as it is, but would enjoy it more if it was somewhat faster."

I've seen game forums where I've wanted to, and sometimes have, "complained about people complaining."

There is nothing in this world that couldn't be better, or at least nothing in the world that even a majority of people can agree couldn't be better.

My post indicated satisfaction with the overall speed, but just an opinion that it wasn't where I'd have it ideally. I tend to think that many people who say "it's perfect" aren't thinking, because there's no way that so many people can agree on an exact perfect speed.

Let's say your state spends 20% of its budget on education. You might be dissatisfied and think it's too much ("it should be 12%") or too little ("it should be 33%"), or you might think it should be 22%, in which case you're pretty much satisfied, but you still don't think it's perfect.

Saying something is imperfect in one's eyes isn't being negative. You might classify what I said in my post in the game speed thread as negative. Here is exactly what I wrote:

"I enjoy it a lot as it is, but would enjoy it more if it was somewhat faster."

I've seen game forums where I've wanted to, and sometimes have, "complained about people complaining."

There is nothing in this world that couldn't be better, or at least nothing in the world that even a majority of people can agree couldn't be better.

My post indicated satisfaction with the overall speed, but just an opinion that it wasn't where I'd have it ideally. I tend to think that many people who say "it's perfect" aren't thinking, because there's no way that so many people can agree on an exact perfect speed.

Let's say your state spends 20% of its budget on education. You might be dissatisfied and think it's too much ("it should be 12%") or too little ("it should be 33%"), or you might think it should be 22%, in which case you're pretty much satisfied, but you still don't think it's perfect.

wut?

I understand tweaking benefits from training classes with more people signed up but taking away benefit from 1 on 1 training is total bullshit.

Ive been on here for a long time and it was once said that the newer fighters being made would be able to catch up to the old ones. This is just further hindering that. The physicals were fine. Im sure this will be forgotten soon enough however unless you want to be unrealistic and have fighters decline at 29 then some fighters will theoretically be behind the top fighter forever. Should have made the changes to the physicals only apply for certain ID's like 50k and lower.

Not sure why everyone is upset that training cardio/strength requires more time. It seems this does a few things:

1. not all managers will create their fighters with str = 1 and cardio = 10

2. no longer will every fighter have elite strength and cardio; making fighters more diverse

3. there will be some actual use for Muscle Bulk and Stamina supplements

Not sure why everyone is complain about the changes. Just adjust to the changes and have fun. :)

Not sure why everyone is upset that training cardio/strength requires more time. It seems this does a few things:

2. no longer will every fighter have elite strength and cardio; making fighters more diverse

Not sure why everyone is complain about the changes. Just adjust to the changes and have fun. :)

#1 and # are good points and the are the best effect of the change. Especially good is that new guys won't QFC with a guy they created with Wonderful Cardio and trained for 2 weeks in other things only to run into someone who knew about the 1/0 split and used their two weeks to greater advantage, crushing new folk so they leave the game (this was still a problem since few new people read/understand the wiki). Much more level in terms of the crucial early game.

#2 simply isn't likely to be true. It will just take them longer to hit the same marks.

Those 2 stats are involved in nearly every single game action. They are far and away the most important stats in the game, ergo they will still be maximized.

My prediction for the top ~500 P4P in 6 months in terms of STR/CAR levels?

Exactly the same as it is now. Different fighters all with Sensational or higher in both same as today.

It is the eventual implementation of attribute decay that will fix the #2 issue. When it becomes fruitless to try and stay at Elite STR at the cost of training primaries or secondaries that won't decay you will start to see top level diversity.

I agree that #1 is a worthy goal. The question is, will this change make it possible to compete without 1/10, or just force you to do 1/10 and train for longer before fighting? I'd love for 1/10 not to be automatic, but will this accomplish that?

I agree completely with #2 and think that part of the change is great. But it could have only taken effect on skills over 100 (or maybe some other number, like 80). If it took place over 100 (Remarkable--) only, I'd think it wasn't even really strong enough.

As to #3, there already has been use for such supplements. I think maybe you're saying they'll be used for longer, but training up Str/Cnd is the dull part of a fighter's career.

Don't start with useless then.

i don't think it is a good idea because speed and agility are harder to improve than cardio .

i think reduce by half the speed of train cardio and strength is too big , something beetween 30% and40% would have be better , but that's just my opinion .

""taking away benefit from 1 on 1 training is total bullshit."" -->koos, i don't see where it is write that it will be take away ?

i don't think it is a good idea because speed and agility are harder harder to improve than cardio .

Were. They will be easier to train than before, going forward.

I also think I'm going to give new fighters more points to "spend" on physicals... that's a new thought I had today... just by 1 more point per year / age, or something like that.

Don't start with useless then.

Yeah that is the key, it stops 1 Str 10 con builds... which when you think about it is pretty unrealistic. You don't get people starting their MMA careers in real life so weak they are unable to lift their own arms, and are instantly tired when they do :lol:

With all games that go through changes like this, players can either choose to pointlessly whinge or they can update their strategy to suit the new environment. I have never seen a game reverse changes such as this because someone had a cry... and if I was Mike people getting angry and abusive would just strengthen my resolve not to reverse the changes if anything.

It's going to be a bit of an adjustment for me because I just started a few new guys and are working on their strength and cardio, but hell its a few extra weeks or something, its not the end of the world.

Were. They will be easier to train than before, going forward.

I also think I'm going to give new fighters more points to "spend" on physicals... that's a new thought I had today... just by 1 more point per year / age, or something like that.

your giving who what? are you fucking insane? thats going to ruin the game shitbird! a whole point is just crazy!!!!

now i have to delete all my fighters so i can get that point back.

[/size]

so, let me get this straight. you don't like the changes? You're a bit too vague. Quit beating around the bush

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA ^^^^^^

|||||||||

|||||||||

..... Im actually in favor of the new changes, because im about to open a supp company =D