Mirko is in the middle of negotiations with ufc

No! Never listen to stupid Joe Rogan!

It was funny though during the Sherk/Dunham match when Mike Goldberg did his patented "ITS ALL OVER!!!" and the fight wasn't even done yet. I think it was during one of the 8 submission escapes by Sherk. He was a bit premature on that one...but it was funny.

Goldberg= Buzzkillington every time he says something........gahhhhhhh......

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure I have a man crush on Joe Rogan.

It was pretty funny towards the end of the Mir-CroCop fight when they were discussing who might be winning the fight,

Rogan: "Who won this fight?!"

Goldberg: "Don't know."

Rogan: "Not the fans." (followed by chuckling)

Goldberg: "Nope."

I laughed. Rogan not sugar coating it.

I'm pretty sure I have a man crush on Joe Rogan.

It was pretty funny towards the end of the Mir-CroCop fight when they were discussing who might be winning the fight,

Rogan: "Who won this fight?!"

Goldberg: "Don't know."

Rogan: "Not the fans." (followed by chuckling)

Goldberg: "Nope."

I laughed. Rogan not sugar coating it.

Rogan is usually ballsy enough to ask the questions and say the things people want to ask and say. And he actually knows his shit!!!!!

Rogan is usually ballsy enough to ask the questions and say the things people want to ask and say. And he actually knows his shit!!!!!

Well he has been doing it forever. I've found that he tends to influence decisions of people watching the fight, usually toward how he feels about it. A few of my friends noticed that they look at fights a lot differently with no volume on. It makes sense though, since he is the color commentator. Without all his rantings and supposed knowledge of everything related to fighting and martial arts, it might not be so entertaining.

Not particularly.

It's not like he's really misinformed or gets stuff completely wrong and he's obviously done his homework and watched people's previous fights (unlike modern day Bas), but he still says some god awfully stupid stuff at times.

Take this event for example. He's wondering why Cro Cop isn't throwing big combos. Cro Cop has never thrown big combos. He's always been more of a sniper with his strikes. Sure maybe he'll put two or three punches together but, at his best, Cro Cop used individual strikes to take out opponents.

This recent event was actually wonderful for commentary bites. Joe was in rare form with some of the off the wall shit he said.

My personal faves were when they were talking about how Tavares slams his foot down when he passes guard, and Joe was like, "I think he does it for emphasis, it's like he's saying, 'Bitch! I'm passin'!'"

Or when Joe and Goldberg were talking about Melvin Guillard and how his trainers were trying to get him to be less cocky, and Joe's contribution to the conversation was, "That's like telling him Stop being Black."

LOL.

Cro Crop should retire. He is washed up yesterdays news. Dana is just milking the cow. He should retire open a gym and stop getting knock out, before he hurts himself bad. I would not pay paper-view to see him fight. I used to like the guy, but not anymore. He is damaging what is left of his legacy. Lucky for him, he is a big name and dana can still make money of him.

You are obviously very upset. probably because Mirko is handsome and you're not. Also you wish you had those horse legs, but you don't. You have Tito chapsticks, so please stop it.

Oh, about Rogan. In Barry fight. Mirko has Pat down, against a cage (i think they were down) and Mirko hits Pat with a couple great elbows, like pulling the fist in and letting the elbow smash on Pats face. Rogan, the wally said something like: i think that Mirko broke his hand or fist. You see how he's trying to punch there... I was like, oh my fucking god you idiot. The other jewel was Mirko talking in English with his black coach from holland. The idiot said like why are they talking in english??? He was baffled why are Mirko and his black coach who is obviously not croatian talking in english. I'm like, Rogan you fucking idiot. I like him.

You are obviously very upset. probably because Mirko is handsome and you're not. Also you wish you had those horse legs, but you don't. You have Tito chapsticks, so please stop it.

Oh, about Rogan. In Barry fight. Mirko has Pat down, against a cage (i think they were down) and Mirko hits Pat with a couple great elbows, like pulling the fist in and letting the elbow smash on Pats face. Rogan, the wally said something like: i think that Mirko broke his hand or fist. You see how he's trying to punch there... I was like, oh my fucking god you idiot. The other jewel was Mirko talking in English with his black coach from holland. The idiot said like why are they talking in english??? He was baffled why are Mirko and his black coach who is obviously not croatian talking in english. I'm like, Rogan you fucking idiot. I like him.

please just stfu and thank you :thankyou:

Cro Crop should retire. He is washed up yesterdays news. Dana is just milking the cow. He should retire open a gym and stop getting knock out, before he hurts himself bad. I would not pay paper-view to see him fight. I used to like the guy, but not anymore. He is damaging what is left of his legacy. Lucky for him, he is a big name and dana can still make money of him.

I'd personally like to give him another shot, since he used to be freakin' awesome to watch.

This time though, give him plenty of time to train, and an opponent that he'll really want to come out for. I'd love to see the inspired Mirko once again. That guy was dangerous as hell.

Cro Cop vs Liddle , winner stays on. Book it! (Winner vs Tito so that Tito can some how stay relevent?)

The problem with this is at least Chuck and Tito have history with the UFC. They were both Champs and Chucks a hall of famer. (Tito would have been if him and Tito didnt have that spat) Cro Cop on the other hand has done nothing noteable in UFC. However a double ko where they both lose would be funny.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't get all the Joe Rogan hate. I mean he is probably the best commentator in MMA right now hands down. He calls a fight as it is happening live, and breaks down positions better then any of the other companies commentary teams I can think of. GSP even had Rogan help him out with his spinning back kick for crying out loud(it's in the supplied video)! His martial arts credentials are pretty impressive as well.

Has a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.

Was the Massachusetts Full Contact Tae Kwon Do champion four consecutive times.

At the age of 19, he won the US Open Tae Kwon Do Championship and, as the lightweight champ, went on beat both the middle and heavy weight title holders to take home the Grand Championship.

Has a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and trains with Eddie Bravo.

Let's all keep in mind we all see a fight differently, and most of the people saying they were made biased based on a Joe Rogan break down usually don't really know the sport very well. Yes he makes some small errors sometimes, but I would say his percentage of being on the money is much higher. Oh and as much as I like Cro Cop he should probably hang em up at this point. Even in his wins prior to the Mir fight he looked to be missing something, and against Mir he was definitely not the fighter we all remember.