Strikeforce HW tournament 2011 !

Overeem isnt a species of horse or cow.

Don't be silly, you know very well that wasn't the point. I was showing the impact of only a small difference in genetics. It's a small mutation in a single gene that causes this difference. It's not just animals. There are a handful of people with the same deviation like the Belgian blue. It causes them to lack a certain protein that inhibits muscle growth so they grow muscle much faster. Lesnar isn't a cow, but I bet you that his children will be white and most likely bigger than average.

Here an example of what happens after selective breeding with humans:

http://blog.fitted.nl/wp-content/uploads/yao-ming1.jpg

Overeem isnt a species of horse or cow.

Don't be silly, you know very well that wasn't the point. I was showing the impact of only a small difference in genetics. It's a small mutation in a single gene that causes this difference. It's not just animals. There are a handful of people with the same deviation like the Belgian blue. It causes them to lack a certain protein that inhibits muscle growth so they grow muscle much faster. Lesnar isn't a cow, but I bet you that his children will be white and most likely bigger than average.

Here probably the best human example of selective breeding, the Chinese experiment:

http://blog.fitted.nl/wp-content/uploads/yao-ming1.jpg

I'm not even trying to defend Overeem, just the idea of some people that "if I can't do it, nobody can" bothers me. You can do all the lifting you want, if your body isn't made for it you won't gain anything.

You are defending Overeem. The only reason you think myself or anyone else have the "if I can't do it, nobody can" attitude is because they are criticizing Overeem. All it takes is a little education on Performance enhancing drugs to know what is and isnt possible. I know very well about limitations. I lifted my entire life every day. Some times 3 times a day and i could still never match the strength of my brother who could sit on his ass for 6 months and walk into a gym and throw up 400 on the bench. Be he was always like that. He didnt change over night. We know the genetics that Overeem was dealt. We see it his entire life up until he started shooting Testosterone in his ass. Normal hormones from puberty is what you see in Pic 1. The hormones from a needle created what you see in pic 2. Unless you want to explain how he altered his genetics when he was 23 years old. I thinmi will stick with common sense. Good night!

http://tkohub.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/overeem.jpg

You are defending Overeem. The only reason you think myself or anyone else have the "if I can't do it, nobody can" attitude is because they are criticizing Overeem. All it takes is a little education on Performance enhancing drugs to know what is and isnt possible. I know very well about limitations. I lifted my entire life every day. Some times 3 times a day and i could still never match the strength of my brother who could sit on his ass for 6 months and walk into a gym and throw up 400 on the bench. Be he was always like that. He didnt change over night. We know the genetics that Overeem was dealt. We see it his entire life up until he started shooting Testosterone in his ass. Normal hormones from puberty is what you see in Pic 1. The hormones from a needle created what you see in pic 2. Unless you want to explain how he altered his genetics when he was 23 years old. I thinmi will stick with common sense. Good night!

No absolutely not, I can see good reasons to think so with my own two eyes, but then I read things like this:

I lifted hard most of my life as well as my friends and brother. My friends all got to a 350 range bench press and my brother and I got 420 and 370. Yet we never put on much muscle mass even though we are all pretty big guys and lifting for power which ussualy leads to muscle mass. We got mass but as you are supposed to have. You dont get the mass of Overeem naturally.

You, your friends and your brother. Are you kidding me? That's the reason that Overeem is taking steroids? You can give a thousand good arguments, but that's not one of them. Me, my friends and my brother grew our entire youth from birth to 18 years old, but we never got as big as Yoa Ming so it's humanly impossible.

Compare that to what Mir did in the 3 months between the second Lesnar fight (where he was somewhere between 230 and 245 and not trying to stay small) and the Kongo fight (where he was up around 270). Overeem gained the same amount (30 pounds) over 2 years between 2007 and 2009, he then gained a bit more (10 pounds or so) in the next year.

Overeem changed his diet and coaches, he went from trying to stay small enough to make 205 to actively trying to be bigger and unsurprisingly packed on about 40 pounds over 3 years.

I'm not saying he didn't do roids, but it is plausible that he wasn't juicing.

Compare that to what Mir did in the 3 months between the second Lesnar fight (where he was somewhere between 230 and 245 and not trying to stay small) and the Kongo fight (where he was up around 270). Overeem gained the same amount (30 pounds) over 2 years between 2007 and 2009, he then gained a bit more (10 pounds or so) in the next year.

Overeem changed his diet and coaches, he went from trying to stay small enough to make 205 to actively trying to be bigger and unsurprisingly packed on about 40 pounds over 3 years.

I agree and when overeem trains with a strongman trainer he has to put on muscle mass in about 4 years

Carwin took roids it's obvious .

Maybe overeem took roids but he can't anymore .

Actually for those who follow (or used to follow) wrestling, I'm fairly sure most of the top guys in the WWE do steroids, and always have. Triple-H is banging Stephanie for more than just her big ass cans you know.

yep i agree with that .

About roids i believe GSP took it too ,or growth hormone ;

And a lot of others fighters .

About others fighters calling out Overeem about roids it's obvs it's because they take roids too .

No absolutely not, I can see good reasons to think so with my own two eyes, but then I read things like this:

You, your friends and your brother. Are you kidding me? That's the reason that Overeem is taking steroids? You can give a thousand good arguments, but that's not one of them. Me, my friends and my brother grew our entire youth from birth to 18 years old, but we never got as big as Yoa Ming so it's humanly impossible.

Now you are just talking out your ass. I never give that as a reason why he roids. That was just an example. I also have met tons of people who roid. Not suprising one of them is identical to the biggest version of Overeem. He went from a Christopher Reeves body type when he played Superman to a 300 lb body builder. My point of this was to show i have some experience in lifting and know roiders. Im am not bias like you. You are an admited Overeem nut hugger. Im not blaming Overeem as i think almost everyone is using something in MMA. The guys i trained with who went to the UFC happen to go through a huge change before they fought in the UFC. Some how getting bigger and stronger and even their frame was getting bigger almost over night. Another guy i trained BJJ with and lifted with who fought went to Brazil with our coach come back wanting to take HGH. Apparently he found out everyones little secret.

• Downvote 1

Now you are just talking out your ass. I never give that as a reason why he roids. That was just an example. I also have met tons of people who roid. Not suprising one of them is identical to the biggest version of Overeem. He went from a Christopher Reeves body type when he played Superman to a 300 lb body builder. My point of this was to show i have some experience in lifting and know roiders. Im am not bias like you. You are an admited Overeem nut hugger. Im not blaming Overeem as i think almost everyone is using something in MMA. The guys i trained with who went to the UFC happen to go through a huge change before they fought in the UFC. Some how getting bigger and stronger and even their frame was getting bigger almost over night. Another guy i trained BJJ with and lifted with who fought went to Brazil with our coach come back wanting to take HGH. Apparently he found out everyones little secret.

You're not really reinforcing your statements. There's absolutely no heavyweight I'm particular fan of, except for maybe Kharitonov. I said a dozen times in this thread alone that I wouldn't be surprised if they caught Overeem roiding. The things I find funny is that you act like you're the only one who trained with fighters and did any kind of lifting. And you try to compare your limitations to those of top level professional athletes. Above that you've done nothing else in this thread but trying to invalidate Overeem as a dangerous heavyweight one way or the other. And I'm biased, but you're not? Hahaha.

Anyways, Overeem is going to win this tournament and then he's probably going to the UFC. If he didn't get caught roiding by then, the three guys that can beat him there better rely on Overeem's gas tank running out or they'll be the next on his highlight reel.

• Downvote 1

I dont think it is plausible at all. I think Mir is on PE's also. Read a little about PE's and you will realize how easy it is to use even in the UFC. The UFC and MMA itself has no way to prevent it under the current system. Just like we saw in Baseball. When you are not trying to clean the sport up its becomes rampant. The roiders rose to the top. People had to use to even compete and keep their jobs. Next thing you know almost everyone in a sport that people claimed muscle doesnt help you was using steroids and HGH. Almost everyone in MMA is on PE's. Not all get bulky. Most fighters dont want mass because it kills your cardio. Some avoid the roids that add lots of mass. There just happens to be a few who go after the size. They do so by using curtain kinds, a higher dosage, and/or longer cycles. You are only limited by how much risk to your health you are willing to take. IMO, Mir started using or uppin ghis level of usage when he lost to Brock and become obsessed with him.

• Downvote 1

You're not really reinforcing your statements. There's absolutely no heavyweight I'm particular fan of, except for maybe Kharitonov. I said a dozen times in this thread alone that I wouldn't be surprised if they caught Overeem roiding. The things I find funny is that you act like you're the only one who trained with fighters and did any kind of lifting. And you try to compare your limitations to those of top level professional athletes. Above that you've done nothing else in this thread but trying to invalidate Overeem as a dangerous heavyweight one way or the other. And I'm biased, but you're not? Hahaha.

Anyways, Overeem is going to win this tournament and then he's probably going to the UFC. If he didn't get caught roiding by then, the three guys that can beat him there better rely on Overeem's gas tank running out or they'll be the next on his highlight reel.

LOL really where did i say anything about him not being dangerous? Now you are just making stuff up. I never said anything about him other than him using roids. He should win the GP. He will go to the UFC and he will do well up until he gets put on his back or Santos KO's him. But lets get back on subject here. You are doing your best to avoid all the facts that he is a roider. Even Fedor has accused him of using. Let me guess Fedor is just mad that he cant match up with a prefessional athlete too? Fact is you can use your same nutriding arguement to defend every roider in sports. Everyone is just jealous that Barry Bonds is such a great athlete! You do realize there were morons who were claiming Bonds, McGwire, ARod, Sosa were not on roids. Most fans didnt believe it. "These are athletes. They can do anything". "Experts: Steroids wont make you a better baseball player. They dont raise your batting average. These guys are just that good".

BTW, i have manhandled "professional athletes" on the mat back in the day. Im not as "limited" as you want to sit behind a keyboard and think. Being a pro fighter doesnt make you super human. There always has been and always will be average joes walking on the street that can take out a pro fighter on a given day. Its happened many times before.

You guys are claiming Reem stepped up his training and bla bla bla. Well why wasnt he training that hard before? Well its because he couldnt. He was training as hard as he could. Taking PE's allowed you to train more and harder. Thats the biggest reason anyone takes them. If you dont work out and take Roids you wont get any results. Plus it would be dangerous. So yes these guys have stepped up training. Just as Barnett claimed when asked why his body changed so much. Just "trainer harder". But there is a reason why they can suddenly trainer harder and longer than ever before.

• Downvote 1

Yes, yes, speculate all you want, fuck off until you can give some solid hard evidence will you? This is getting stupid, bunch of grown men (I hope) sitting on an internet forum debating weather someone did roids based on two low quality pictures based four years apart.

Overeem vs Duffee

But people Overestimate Overoids chances here. Obviously he is a clear favorite. But Being K1 Champ is not that big a deal anymore. K1 has recycled the same fighters for the last 15 years and the talent has went to shit.

I wouldnt be shocked if Duffee pulled it out. Especially vs Over-rated Reem.

Overeem has shit boxing and just bullys his way in wildly. Plus he still has a suspect chin that has been cracked many times from the beginning of his career up to when he started fighting bums. Santos has the speed, boxing, and power to put Overeem to sleep. If the fight ever happens i will be betting on it. Overeem is a good fighter who looks great when he gets proper match ups. But thats not the real world. The best fighters take on all comers not travel the world hand picking fights. Fact is K1 is shit and has been for a decade. Overeem hasnt done anything others havent. He is is following the Bob Sapp and Schilt plan which is go in and beat overrated K1 strikers. K1 don't attract the best kick boxers anymore. I would be suprised if it is still around in 10-15 years. The rules alienate most martial artist and the rounds force a glorified tough-man contest with kicks. Which is why so many get beat by sloppy brawlers and MMA strikers. There simply isnt enough time to use strategy and use their aggression against them. You are forced to brawl back and then its anyone game. Sorry for the rant.

I'm going to stop this now because I find it silly to even defend myself. This is going back and forth the whole time about different subjects. You just throw shit against the wall and hope it sticks.

Any quick look at my manager profile will show that I am an Overeems Fan, A fan however does not constitute a "nut hugger" as Brain Smasher so nicely put it!

BrainSmasher

Overeem has shit boxing and just bullys his way in wildly.

That seems to be what you are doing here in the thread, ok we get that you don't rate him, we get that you believe he used roids, and we get that you cannot accept your version of events to be wrong.

Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't, he has never been caught and he holds 2 HW titles from different promotions.

Enjoy seeing him win the HWGP or don't, just dont bore us with your foum nazi shit

That shot was from 6 months ago. Since i posted on thsi thread yesterday i have not said anything about Overeem other than the Roid issue. So dont try to use something i said long ago to TRY to argue what i said recently. So your only defense against Overeem using Roids is me not thinking much of him 6 months ago. lol What the hell does that have to do with the discussion of the last 2 days? Imagine that Overeem Nut jockeys got their feelings hurt because their hero is a cheater. Maybe he will stop running from sanctioning bodies and get caught one day. Until then you guys can live in a fantasy world. I guess it makes it very hard to make fun of Lesnar for being a cheating Roider when your favorite fighters are doing the same thing.

Any quick look at my manager profile will show that I am an Overeems Fan, A fan however does not constitute a "nut hugger" as Brain Smasher so nicely put it!

That seems to be what you are doing here in the thread, ok we get that you don't rate him, we get that you believe he used roids, and we get that you cannot accept your version of events to be wrong.

Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't, he has never been caught and he holds 2 HW titles from different promotions.

Enjoy seeing him win the HWGP or don't, just dont bore us with your foum nazi shit

Every record in baseball is held by a rider. So having 2 titles in Circus Orgs is meaningless. I will "bore you" with what ever the hell i want. You are the Nazi trying to dictate and sensor me. So STFU bitch. The name calling and shit talk goes both ways.

• Downvote 1

I'm going to stop this now because I find it silly to even defend myself. This is going back and forth the whole time about different subjects. You just throw shit against the wall and hope it sticks.

You mean like quoting something i said 6 months ago to discredit something i said yesterday? Even though it was two different topics?

Yes, yes, speculate all you want, fuck off until you can give some solid hard evidence will you? This is getting stupid, bunch of grown men (I hope) sitting on an internet forum debating weather someone did roids based on two low quality pictures based four years apart.

You do realize those"low quality" pics are from real life fights that i and many others have seen. He was also that size for more than 1 fight. He was small his entire career up until 2003. This is not like we are using a picture of big foot here. So please dont pretend him getting bigger is just in our imagination.

You do realize those"low quality" pics are from real life fights that i and many others have seen. He was also that size for more than 1 fight. He was small his entire career up until 2003. This is not like we are using a picture of big foot here. So please dont pretend him getting bigger is just in our imagination.

Of course he got bigger, but over four years. Post evidence, REALY evidence, not circumstancial bullshit and maybe people will listen to you.

Of course he got bigger, but over four years. Post evidence, REALY evidence, not circumstancial bullshit and maybe people will listen to you.

Prove that he is clean! There is no way to prove anything to those who dont want to believe it. Hell we cant even prove we landed on the moon to some morons. The US governement couldnt even prove Barry Bonds took roids. They had to convict him on giving obscure answers that impeded justice. That sure as heel dont mean he isnt the biggest juice head in baseball. hate to break it to you but even testing positive isnt proof of doing roids. So people liek you will believe what they want no matter what. Also people who have educated themselves on steroids know the signs whether you do or want to believe them or not.