Strikeforce HW tournament 2011 !

i know what is steroids and i know about Sonnen but i dont know what is cycling? what is that?

and its little different situations because Overeem haven't failed any tests

cycling is when you take the drugs at certain times (in the "cycle") so you can avoid failing drug tests

cycling is when you take the drugs at certain times (in the "cycle") so you can avoid failing drug tests

then maybe who knows but you need prof to put him out of the competition

Overeem, Bigfoot, Werdum, Melendez, Diaz, Mousasi, Eddie Alvarez, Kawajiri are all fighters who could be serious contenders in the UFC as far as I'm concerned.

Actually I'm pretty sure that a lot of fighters earn more in Strikeforce than they ever could in the UFC.

In MMA isn't drug testing done by the athletic commission? Making it the same for the UFC and Strikeforce?

The athletic commission varies from state to state and the fact that Overeem has only fought in the US once in the last 4 years (California against Brett Rogers in May) I'm pretty sure he could have taken a few months off of 'roids to make sure he tested clean.

The athletic commission varies from state to state and the fact that Overeem has only fought in the US once in the last 4 years (California against Brett Rogers in May) I'm pretty sure he could have taken a few months off of 'roids to make sure he tested clean.

He was fighting in Japan they dont do the drug tests there?

He was fighting in Japan they dont do the drug tests there?

Japan does not have a drug testing program. That is why people say that guys from PRIDE can't win in the US (because they are no longer taking steroids).

Japan does not have a drug testing program. That is why people say that guys from PRIDE can't win in the US (because they are no longer taking steroids).

if they dont what i dont know then yes is kinda weird

if they dont what i dont know then yes is kinda weird

I'm not blaming you. Some people don't know Japan doesn't drug test. Don't get me wrong, a lot of people want to see Overeem fight in the US (myself being one of those people) but there is the potential that he could fail the drug test that scares any company he is signed with.

dude just check out his Liddell fight then look at his most recent fight.... c'monnnnn. just like how chael sonnen failed his post-silva fight drugtest and he claimed it was for a steroid (or something) he'd been using most of his life for his disability. ok then how did you not get caught in any of the other drug tests? cycling

What's your point? This is the worst argument and the only argument people have when it comes to Overeem and roids. I'm not here to say he does or doesn't do roids, because I personally don't know, but this argument proves absolutely nothing.

1. ) The year was 2003. We are now in 2011. Hell, people were making this claim in 08', but that's still 5 years. 5 years of training and lifting all the time. ALL THE TIME. This is his job. When he's not fighting, he's training. He's going to grow.

And...

2.) Overeem is and always was a natural HW. I realize this is tough to grasp, but when you are naturally a heavyweight and you cut weight to drop down to light heavyweight, you will be smaller in size.

Now your mind has probably been blown, so I'll stop there and let you soak that in...

What's your point? This is the worst argument and the only argument people have when it comes to Overeem and roids. I'm not here to say he does or doesn't do roids, because I personally don't know, but this argument proves absolutely nothing.

1. ) The year was 2003. We are now in 2011. Hell, people were making this claim in 08', but that's still 5 years. 5 years of training and lifting all the time. ALL THE TIME. This is his job. When he's not fighting, he's training. He's going to grow.

And...

2.) Overeem is and always was a natural HW. I realize this is tough to grasp, but when you are naturally a heavyweight and you cut weight to drop down to light heavyweight, you will be smaller in size.

Now your mind has probably been blown, so I'll stop there and let you soak that in...

Except you seem to forget that his head has become the size of a beachball

This.

Except for Shogun, he's just awesome. :P

• 4 months later...

I disagree, I think both have a good chance to win and I don't see how it would ruin the tournament. I believe that Bigfoot would give Overeem a much better fight than Fedor could. Anybody wants to try a prediction? I'll start off. If matchups stay the way they are, with no injuries:

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva

Silva is too big for Emelianenko and has too good of a chin, Fedor's bag ran out of tricks and Antonio will win a decision.

Alistair Overeem vs. Fabricio Werdum

I have to take the Reem. Overeem's strength advantage was a big factor in the first fight and he's a lot stronger now. He pretty much dominated the whole fight till he got caught, but he's more patient now and better at pacing himself. He'll take revenge on the only fighter ever to submit him with a first round KO.

Andrei Arlovski vs. Sergei Kharitono

Arlovski's chin will hold up, but Sergei is a better boxer, decision win for Kharitonov.

Josh Barnett vs. Brett Rogers

Barnett will find a way to win, Brett is too one dimensional. A decision win for Barnett.

Overeem vs Werdum is almost up. I'm still feeling cofident about my picks. Overeem kocking out Kharitonov in the finals...

Overeem vs Werdum , what a fight ,

The winner is clearly the #1 HW in the world .

the winner is clearly the next guy that should face velasquez. just my opinion.

It is funny seeing people try to argue Overeem isn't on Roids. Anyone who has ever lift weights regularly or followed MMA and his career know he isnt clean. It isnt posible to be taking nothing. I lifted hard most of my life as well as my friends and brother. My friends all got to a 350 range bench press and my brother and I got 420 and 370. Yet we never put on much muscle mass even though we are all pretty big guys and lifting for power which ussualy leads to muscle mass. We got mass but as you are supposed to have. You dont get the mass of Overeem naturally. You dont even see that in clean body building comps. Hell most in the WWE are not the size. Secondly. Overeem was already fighting at his natural size early in his career. People claimhe got big by lifting hard. LOL, He was already lifting hard. Anyone who thinks he was fighting MMA at HW and wasn't involved in a lot of weight training is a moron. He was lifting hard long before he ever fought a pro fight. The problem is most guys built like him cant get much muscle. You see it in a lot of tall lankier guys. They can lift all they want but tey hit a wall. Roids and HGH is how these guys get past that. Overeem is doing nothing now training wise that he wasnt doing at 220 lbs. It is impossible to train hard in MMA training and gain mass to begin with. Your body starts to adapt to the training and you actually become more compact not more massive. Hell even other fighters are calling him out for it. I think most are using something too. Most fighters dont call people out for it because its usually not obvious and its frowned upon. But with Overeem its obvious to everyone even the fighters think its funny he claims to be clean.

The creator of modern body building before Roids were created compared to Arnold during roid era. Sandow 180-200 lbs. Arnold 235-260 lbs.

http://johnbarban.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/BeforeandAfterSteroids-286x300.jpg

Athlete transition to roided athlete

http://johnbarban.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Canseco-300x202.jpg

Athlete transition to roided athlete

http://30.media.tumblr.com/Wuo6v2cekok2cl09bnnlIXKSo1_400.jpg

See the pattern?

http://tkohub.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/overeem.jpg

I don't believe it, but I'm not going to accuse him without hard evidence. Alistair said that he trained with a strong team to gain the muscle and it's pretty safe to say that they all roid. The same for pretty much every professional bodybuilder and every top cyclist using EPO or something alike.

I don't think your transition arguments are very strong though. Compare current NBA stars to those of a couple of decades back. I think it's very unlikely that they all roided. It's hard to believe that shaq ever did, because he was pretty dominant as a skinier version early in the NBA and the risk would be too higher than the reward.

And why is it that you swing the hammer at Overeem, but not Carwin or Lesnar? Both are shorter in length and as big or bigger.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7f/Wilt_Chamberlain3.jpg/200px-Wilt_Chamberlain3.jpghttp://l.yimg.com/l/im_sigg_WfKRx8pqH4141oTDKaHQw---y400/tv/us/img/site/00/08/0000040008_20070523140902.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3649/3447265414_f9a757fe8a.jpg

I'm also surprised that Arnold was able to produce at least 4 children with shrunken balls. Maybe he didn't roid after all.

I don't believe it, but I'm not going to accuse him without hard evidence. Alistair said that he trained with a strong team to gain the muscle and it's pretty safe to say that they all roid. The same for pretty much every professional bodybuilder and every top cyclist using EPO or something alike.

I don't think your transition arguments are very strong though. Compare current NBA stars to those of a couple of decades back. I think it's very unlikely that they all roided. It's hard to believe that shaq ever did, because he was pretty dominant as a skinier version early in the NBA and the risk would be too higher than the reward.

And why is it that you swing the hammer at Overeem, but not Carwin or Lesnar? Both are shorter in length and as big or bigger.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7f/Wilt_Chamberlain3.jpg/200px-Wilt_Chamberlain3.jpghttp://l.yimg.com/l/im_sigg_WfKRx8pqH4141oTDKaHQw---y400/tv/us/img/site/00/08/0000040008_20070523140902.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3649/3447265414_f9a757fe8a.jpg

I'm also surprised that Arnold was able to produce at least 4 children with shrunken balls. Maybe he didn't roid after all.

I was just using the generations of BB's as an example. I agree it dont hold much weight because athletes and people in general are always getting bigger for amny reasons. NFL lineman was the 60',70's and even 80's were no bigger than the average Tight End today. That goes for most sports. But consider physical fitness didnt really go mainstream until the late 70's early 80's. That changed everything not just sports.

The "proof" if you want to call it that is the before and after pics of confirmed users who have seen the results that Overeem has. Shaq is not a good example because he was smaller in his youth and got bigger but he had a lot of fat on him compared to his past. There is no way to know if he used or not. But he looks like the typical weight lifter. He lifts hard but, eats hard, but doesnt put in the cardio work to stay trip and keep his weight down. Shaq has always been in trouble over his weight. I think he even has a clause making him come into camp below a curtain weight.

As for why i dont slam Brock or Carwin. Well that isnt the topic now is it! I have no doubt Carwin is a HUGE roider. Brock i think is a naturally big guy who i am sure has taken roids or HGH at some point. But they are not the ones the public talks so much about. They dont have hordes of gullible fans claiming they dont roid. That is really the difference. How can anyone claim Reem is clean? People use roids for a reason. It is because they are proven to work. Not just a little. They make a world of difference. But these fans want to believe that in a world of MMA where most are using roids or some form of PE. That Reem is not only bigger and stronger than the clean fighters. But he is also bigger and stronger than the Roided fighters while being all natural. Hell he is bigger than most of the roiders of the WWE, the Roiders of Baseball, and the NFL and some roided body builders all while doing an Aerobic sport like MMA while having a Striking base which is even more Aerobic when compared to a wrestling base.

Roidereem is most certainly on the juice, though he seems to cycle well. I'm guessing that's why he was in Dream for so long.

Carwin used to do steroids if I remember correctly and was caught for it. Lesnar did roids in the WWE, but I'm fairly sure he stopped for his stint with the UFC...he just has the post-roid-yet-still-lifting-weights body.

Actually for those who follow (or used to follow) wrestling, I'm fairly sure most of the top guys in the WWE do steroids, and always have. Triple-H is banging Stephanie for more than just her big ass cans you know.

Roidereem is most certainly on the juice, though he seems to cycle well. I'm guessing that's why he was in Dream for so long.

Carwin used to do steroids if I remember correctly and was caught for it. Lesnar did roids in the WWE, but I'm fairly sure he stopped for his stint with the UFC...he just has the post-roid-yet-still-lifting-weights body.

Actually for those who follow (or used to follow) wrestling, I'm fairly sure most of the top guys in the WWE do steroids, and always have. Triple-H is banging Stephanie for more than just her big ass cans you know.

Agree. Most people dont know the first thing about Roids and they are the first to argue about it simply to defend their "hero". You dont just take roids. You take them for a period of time. often 6 weeks, then take many weeks off, then repeat(cycle). It is not hard to use roids and not get caught. Water based Steroids do not stay in the system very long. A cautious fighter will will not only use this type but also stop many weeks out before a fight. Getting the size, strength, recovery, and training boost and have it out of the system long before the testing. It is even easier for someone like Reem who spent most of his career in Japan not being tested at all. He could just about quit using and keep much of the results he built using in japan. Although over time they would eventually start to decline also. Their look wont change as much as their effectiveness. Look at a guy like A-Rod in baseball. He hasnt shrunk or anything. But you can tell he doesnt have the power he did before. Home Runs all over the league have been down a for a couple years now and the people who used before look no different. Their roided abilities are starting to go back to normal but the muscle mass will be there a while.

BTW, i think the WWF give up on the "its real" aspect and went to calling it sports entertainment to avoid falling under the jurisdiction of State Athletic commissions. Some states were going to start testing the wrestlers like they do fighters so they had to come clean that is was scripted.

Carwin was costumer with a pharmaceutical company that was caught supplying roids to costumers. Whether Carwin bought steroids from that company is unknown, but of course it wouldn't surprise anybody. I'm always very optimistic when it comes to believing in an athletes natural abitility. When farmers from other countries come to Belgium they are also surprised with how big our cows and horses are, yet it's nothing but genes that make the difference.

http://www.hemmy.net/images/animals/supercow01.jpghttp://www.hippostar.nl/pics/Image/paardenrassen4.jpg

Barnett and Sylvia were caught for doing steroids and they never had the most impressive physique. Who knows maybe Roy Nelson is the biggest roider of them all.

Carwin was costumer with a pharmaceutical company that was caught supplying roids to costumers. Whether Carwin bought steroids from that company is unknown, but of course it wouldn't surprise anybody. I'm always very optimistic when it comes to believing in an athletes natural abitility. When farmers from other countries come to Belgium they are also surprised with how big our cows and horses are, yet it's nothing but genes that make the difference.

http://www.hemmy.net/images/animals/supercow01.jpghttp://www.hippostar.nl/pics/Image/paardenrassen4.jpg

Barnett and Sylvia were caught for doing steroids and they never had the most impressive physique. Who knows maybe Roy Nelson is the biggest roider of them all.

Overeem isnt a species of horse or cow. All Dutch are not built like Overeem. So he isnt some special genetic breed. Since we know what he looked like as a 23 year old highly trained athlete in 2003. Its safe to say it isn't genetics. One of the reason people take roids is because it is impossible to put on muscle mass as fast as Overeem did. Your body just cant train enough. A normal person take 2-3 days for there muscles to recover from training. Recovery is what makes you bigger and stronger. The work out breaks the muscle down so it cant recover stronger. Without taking something a clean fighter cant train enough. A roided fighter can train each day and be recovered so they can train again the next day. They can traine very day rather than 3 days and get maximum results. There is just no way to gain 40+ lbs of muscle while keeping low body fat and training MMA at a pro level in less than 5 years.

Also Barnett and Sylvia have very good Physique's when you compare them before they went on the roids. Now i dont know when exactly they started but you can see the difference from their early UFC fights. People used to hate on both back in the day because they werent "marketable" due to their flabs. Before they got busted both had leaned up a ton. Both roided their love handles off. Of course not all roids bulk you up. There are many different kinds that do something different.

Early career

http://fcfighter.com/wp-content/uploads/archives/PICTURES/UFC32/barnett-weighin.jpghttp://www.mma-core.com/images/fans/full/10000259.jpghttp://www.onzuka.com/Photos/Josh%20Barnett.jpg

Full Contact Fighter: Talk a little about your training. You appear to be in the best shape of your career

Josh Barnett: It was the same training as always, and I kept the same diet. I lost six-and-a-half-percent body fat when I fought Pedro (Rizzo.) I just kept on with the same routine and the same regimen. I’m still lifting four days a week and that has turned everything around.

FCF: What do you account for the change in your body appearance?

JB: I’m sure people would like to think it’s the constant badgering and belittling, but in all honesty it was my own thing. I’ve always been working to get lighter and look better. As far as I’m concerned it’s about image too. It’s a personal choice, I always wanted to look better anyways.

later years.

http://mmajunkie.com/dyn/images/fighters/josh-barnett-3.jpghttp://mmaviewers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/josh-barnett.jpg